Moosonee Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Moosonee, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the remote communities in the area, providing access to essential services and supplies.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Moosonee Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Moosonee Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Moosonee Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Moosonee Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Moosonee Airport
Moosonee Airport is located in the town of Moosonee, Ontario, Canada. The airport is accessible by air and water, but the most common way to get there is by air. The nearest major city is Timmins, which is approximately 300 kilometers away.
To get to Moosonee Airport by air, you can take a flight from Timmins or other nearby cities such as Sudbury or Toronto. Air Creebec and Porter Airlines are the two airlines that operate flights to Moosonee Airport. The flight time from Timmins to Moosonee is approximately one hour.
If you prefer to travel by water, you can take a ferry from Moose Factory, which is located across the Moose River from Moosonee. The ferry runs daily during the summer months and takes approximately 10 minutes to cross the river. Once you arrive in Moosonee, the airport is just a short drive away.
In summary, the easiest way to get to Moosonee Airport is by air. You can take a flight from Timmins or other nearby cities, or you can take a ferry from Moose Factory and then drive to the airport.
Moosonee Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient option for travelers who want to get to their destination quickly. The taxi fare is based on the distance traveled and the time of day.
2. Shuttle Service: Shuttle services are available for travelers who want to save money on transportation. These services operate on a fixed schedule and can take passengers to various destinations in Moosonee.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Avis and Budget. Renting a car is a good option for travelers who want to explore the area on their own.
4. Public Transportation: Moosonee has a public transportation system that operates on a fixed schedule. The bus stops at various locations in the town and is a cost-effective option for travelers.
5. Walking: Moosonee is a small town, and many of the attractions are within walking distance of the airport. Walking is a good option for travelers who want to explore the town at their own pace.
In conclusion, Moosonee Airport offers several transportation options for travelers arriving at the airport. Whether you prefer to take a taxi, shuttle service, rent a car, use public transportation, or walk, there is an option that will suit your needs.
Moosonee Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers. The parking areas are located near the terminal building, making it easy for passengers to access the airport.
Short-term parking is available for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for picking up or dropping off passengers.
Long-term parking is available for those who need to park for an extended period of time. This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who are going on a longer trip.
Both short-term and long-term parking areas are well-lit and secure, providing peace of mind for travelers. The parking rates are affordable and competitive with other airports in the region.
Overall, Moosonee Airport offers convenient and secure car parking options for travelers. Whether you need to park for a few hours or a few weeks, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be safe and secure while you are away.
Car Rental at Moosonee Airport
- Avis Rent A Car at Moosonee Airport
- Budget Rent A Car at Moosonee Airport
- Hertz Rent A Car at Moosonee Airport
- Enterprise Rent A Car at Moosonee Airport
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals at Moosonee Airport
Moosonee Airport is a small airport located in the town of Moosonee, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passenger flights and one for cargo flights. The passenger terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as washrooms, seating areas, and a small café. The terminal is open during flight hours and is staffed by friendly and helpful airport personnel.
The cargo terminal is a larger building that is used to handle freight and cargo shipments. The terminal is equipped with loading docks, forklifts, and other equipment needed to handle large shipments. The cargo terminal is open during regular business hours and is staffed by experienced cargo handlers who ensure that all shipments are handled safely and efficiently.
Both terminals at Moosonee Airport are well-maintained and provide a comfortable and safe environment for passengers and cargo. The airport is an important transportation hub for the region, providing essential air services to remote communities and supporting local businesses. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Moosonee Airport is a reliable and convenient option for air travel in northern Ontario.
- Air Canada Express: Provides daily flights to Ottawa and connections to other major Canadian cities.
- Pascan Aviation: Offers charter services to destinations across Northern Canada.
- Wasaya Airways: Connects Moosonee with other destinations in Northern Ontario.
- Loganair: Operates seasonal scheduled flights to Moose Factory and Fort Albany.
- Transwest Air: Offers charter services to towns and communities in Northern Saskatchewan.
- Air Creebec: Flies to destinations in northern Quebec, as well as to Timmins, Cochrane, and Hearst.
Moosonee Airport, located in northern Ontario, Canada, is a small airport that serves the remote communities of the James Bay coast. Despite its size, the airport has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their bags scanned for prohibited items. Any items that are deemed a security risk are confiscated and not allowed on the flight.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport also has security personnel on site to monitor the airport and respond to any potential threats. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that any security issues are addressed quickly and efficiently.
Overall, Moosonee Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Moosonee Airport is a small airport located in northern Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at Moosonee Airport is wheelchair accessibility. The airport is equipped with ramps and elevators to ensure that passengers with mobility issues can easily navigate the airport. Additionally, airport staff are available to assist passengers with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft.
Another important traveler’s assistance service offered at Moosonee Airport is baggage handling. Passengers can expect their luggage to be handled with care and delivered to the baggage claim area in a timely manner. Airport staff are also available to assist with any lost or damaged luggage.
For passengers with special dietary requirements, Moosonee Airport offers a range of food options to accommodate various dietary needs. Passengers can choose from a variety of snacks and meals that are gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan.
Overall, Moosonee Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to ensure that all passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. Whether you require wheelchair accessibility, baggage handling assistance, or special dietary accommodations, Moosonee Airport has you covered.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Hudson’s Bay Company: Located in the main terminal, this store offers a variety of souvenirs, clothing, and accessories.
2. Moosonee Café: Located in the main terminal, this café serves a variety of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
3. Moosonee Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of souvenirs, books, and other items.
4. Moosonee Airport Bar & Grill: Located in the main terminal, this restaurant serves a variety of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and meals.
5. Moosonee Airport Duty Free: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Moosonee Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the needs of travelers who require a quiet space for religious observance. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Moosonee Airport:
1. Christian Worship Area – Located near the departure gate, this area is designated for Christian worship and prayer. It is equipped with chairs, a table, and a cross.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located near the arrival gate, this room is designated for Muslim prayer and worship. It is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a compass.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located near the baggage claim area, this room is designated for multi-faith prayer and worship. It is equipped with chairs, a table, and a selection of religious texts.
All of these areas are open to all travelers, regardless of their faith or beliefs. They provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to practice their religion or engage in personal reflection. Moosonee Airport is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all travelers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Moosonee Airport, located in Ontario, Canada, offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. If you’re looking for a place to work or stay connected while waiting for your flight, the airport has got you covered with its WiFi and workspace facilities.
Moosonee Airport provides free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The airport’s WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected with your loved ones or work remotely without any interruptions. To access the WiFi, simply connect to the airport’s network and follow the instructions to log in.
The airport also offers a comfortable and quiet workspace area for passengers who need to work or study while waiting for their flight. The workspace area is equipped with tables, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy for you to set up your laptop or other electronic devices. The area is well-lit and has a peaceful atmosphere, allowing you to focus on your work without any distractions.
In addition to the workspace area, the airport also has a business center that provides printing, scanning, and faxing services. The business center is open during airport hours and is staffed by friendly and helpful personnel who are always ready to assist you with your needs.
Overall, Moosonee Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to make your travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with your loved ones, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and connected.
- Delta Sky Club: Located in the main terminal of the Moosonee Airport.
- Plaza Premium Lounge: Located in the main terminal of the Moosonee Airport.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Located in the main terminal of the Moosonee Airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Moosonee Airport
Moosonee Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets and needs.
1. Moose Cree Lodge: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Moose Cree Lodge offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and a variety of amenities.
2. Moose Cree Inn: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Moose Cree Inn offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and a variety of amenities.
3. Moose Cree Resort: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Moose Cree Resort offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and a variety of amenities.
4. Moosonee Airport Hotel: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Moosonee Airport Hotel offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and a variety of amenities.
5. Moosonee Inn: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Moosonee Inn offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and a variety of amenities.
6. Moosonee Motel: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Moosonee Motel offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and a variety of amenities.
7. Moosonee Campground: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, the Moosonee Campground offers a variety of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
8. Moosonee Vacation Rentals: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, Moosonee Vacation Rentals offers a variety of vacation rental options, including cabins, cottages, and apartments.
1. Moose River: The Moose River is a popular attraction near Moosonee Airport. It is a beautiful river that offers scenic views and is perfect for fishing, canoeing, and kayaking.
2. Polar Bear Express: The Polar Bear Express is a train that runs from Moosonee to Cochrane. It is a popular tourist attraction that offers breathtaking views of the Canadian wilderness.
3. Cree Cultural Interpretive Centre: The Cree Cultural Interpretive Centre is a museum that showcases the history and culture of the Cree people. It is a great place to learn about the local culture and traditions.
4. James Bay Frontier: The James Bay Frontier is a vast wilderness area that offers endless opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and fishing. It is a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
5. Moose Factory: Moose Factory is a historic town located near Moosonee Airport. It is home to several historic buildings, including the oldest stone church in Ontario. Visitors can take a guided tour of the town and learn about its rich history.
6. Fort Albany: Fort Albany is a remote First Nations community located on the shores of James Bay. It is a great place to experience the local culture and learn about the traditional way of life.
7. Polar Bear Provincial Park: Polar Bear Provincial Park is a wilderness area that is home to a large population of polar bears. It is a popular destination for wildlife enthusiasts and offers opportunities for hiking, camping, and wildlife viewing.
8. Moose Cree First Nation: The Moose Cree First Nation is a local First Nations community that offers visitors a chance to experience the local culture and learn about the traditional way of life. Visitors can take part in cultural activities such as drumming, dancing, and storytelling.
History of Moosonee Airport
Moosonee Airport is located in the town of Moosonee, Ontario, Canada. The airport was first established in the 1920s as a landing strip for bush planes. In the 1940s, the airport was expanded and upgraded to accommodate larger aircraft, including military planes during World War II.
In the 1950s, the airport became an important hub for transportation and commerce in the region. It served as a vital link between Moosonee and other communities in northern Ontario, as well as a gateway to the Arctic. The airport also played a key role in the development of the mining and forestry industries in the area.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. Today, it is a modern airport with a 5,000-foot runway, a passenger terminal, and a range of amenities for travelers. Moosonee Airport continues to be an important transportation hub for the region, connecting people and goods to remote communities and the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport