Muskoka Airport is a regional airport located in the heart of Ontario’s cottage country. It serves as a gateway to the Muskoka region, providing convenient access to popular tourist destinations such as Lake Muskoka, Algonquin Provincial Park, and the Georgian Bay Islands.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Muskoka Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Muskoka Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Muskoka Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Muskoka Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Muskoka Airport
Muskoka Airport is located in the town of Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada. The airport is easily accessible by car, bus, or taxi. If you are driving, take Highway 11 North and exit at Muskoka Road 169. Follow the signs to the airport, which is located on the left-hand side of the road.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several bus companies that offer service to Muskoka Airport. Greyhound Canada and Ontario Northland both have stops in Gravenhurst, which is just a short taxi ride away from the airport. Alternatively, you can take a taxi directly from your location to the airport.
If you are flying into Toronto Pearson International Airport, there are several options for getting to Muskoka Airport. You can rent a car and drive, take a shuttle bus, or book a private transfer. The drive from Toronto to Muskoka takes approximately two and a half hours, depending on traffic. Shuttle buses and private transfers are also available, but may require advance booking.
Muskoka Airport is a popular destination for travelers visiting the Muskoka region in Ontario, Canada. To help you get to and from the airport, there are several transportation options available. Here are some of the most popular Muskoka Airport transportation options:
1. Car rental: There are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan to explore the Muskoka region on your own.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take you to your destination in the Muskoka region. It is recommended to book a taxi in advance to avoid any delays.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport, offering transportation to various destinations in the Muskoka region. Some of the popular shuttle services include Muskoka Airport Shuttle, Muskoka Airporter, and Muskoka Shuttle Service.
4. Limousine service: If you’re looking for a more luxurious transportation option, you can hire a limousine service to take you to your destination. Several companies offer limousine services from the airport, including Muskoka Limousine and Muskoka Executive Services.
5. Public transportation: There is no direct public transportation from the airport, but you can take a bus or train from nearby towns like Bracebridge or Huntsville to reach your destination in the Muskoka region.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability and avoid any last-minute hassles.
Muskoka Airport offers convenient and secure car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking Lot: Located directly in front of the terminal building, this parking lot is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The rates are affordable and the lot is patrolled regularly for added security.
2. Long-Term Parking Lot: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates are competitive and the lot is monitored 24/7 for your peace of mind.
3. Valet Parking: For those who want the ultimate convenience, valet parking is available at the airport. Simply drop off your car at the terminal and a valet will park it for you. When you return, your car will be waiting for you at the terminal.
4. Disabled Parking: Designated disabled parking spots are available in both the short-term and long-term parking lots, located close to the terminal building for easy access.
Overall, Muskoka Airport offers a range of parking options to suit every traveler’s needs. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, valet parking, or disabled parking, you can rest assured that your car will be safe and secure while you’re away.
Car Rental at Muskoka Airport
- Avis Muskoka Airport
- Budget Muskoka Airport
- Enterprise Muskoka Airport
- Discount Car Rental Muskoka Airport
- Hertz Muskoka Airport
- Thrifty Muskoka Airport
Muskoka Airport Terminals is a small airport located in the heart of Ontario’s cottage country. The airport is owned and operated by the District Municipality of Muskoka and serves as a gateway to the region for both private and commercial flights. The airport has two terminals, one for general aviation and one for commercial flights.
The general aviation terminal at Muskoka Airport is a modern facility that offers a range of services for private aircraft owners and operators. The terminal features a comfortable lounge area, flight planning facilities, and a pilot’s briefing room. The terminal also has a fueling station and a maintenance hangar, making it a convenient stop for aircraft owners who need to refuel or perform maintenance on their planes.
The commercial terminal at Muskoka Airport is a small facility that serves regional airlines and charter companies. The terminal features a check-in counter, a waiting area, and a baggage claim area. The terminal is staffed by friendly and knowledgeable personnel who are available to assist passengers with their travel needs. Overall, Muskoka Airport Terminals is a convenient and efficient airport that provides easy access to one of Ontario’s most beautiful regions.
Muskoka Airport offers direct flights to Toronto Pearson International Airport and Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, operated by Bearskin Airlines and Porter Airlines, respectively. Bearskin Airlines also operates flights to Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport, while Porter Airlines operates flights to Sudbury Airport and Timmins Victor M. Power Airport.
Muskoka Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented several security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols are designed to prevent unauthorized access to restricted areas, detect and prevent the entry of prohibited items, and respond to any security incidents that may occur.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This screening process includes the use of metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. Any prohibited items found during the screening process are confiscated and disposed of according to established procedures.
Access to restricted areas of the airport is strictly controlled. Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter these areas, and they must pass through security checkpoints and present valid identification before being granted access. The airport also employs security personnel who monitor these areas to ensure that only authorized personnel are present.
In the event of a security incident, the airport has established procedures for responding quickly and effectively. These procedures include notifying law enforcement and emergency services, evacuating the airport if necessary, and providing support to affected passengers and staff.
Overall, Muskoka Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to maintaining a safe and secure environment for all who use the airport.
Muskoka Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers at the Muskoka Airport. The service is designed to help travelers navigate the airport and ensure that their travel experience is as smooth and stress-free as possible. The assistance is available to all travelers, including those with disabilities, elderly travelers, families with young children, and anyone who may require additional support.
The Traveler’s Assistance team is made up of trained professionals who are knowledgeable about the airport and its facilities. They are available to assist travelers with a range of services, including baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and directions to airport amenities. The team is also available to answer any questions that travelers may have about the airport, including flight schedules, airport policies, and security procedures.
The Muskoka Airport Traveler’s Assistance service is committed to providing a high level of customer service to all travelers. The team is dedicated to ensuring that travelers have a positive experience at the airport and that their needs are met. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a frequent flyer, the Traveler’s Assistance team is there to help you navigate the airport and make your travel experience as stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Muskoka Airport Café: Enjoy a variety of freshly prepared meals and snacks in a relaxed atmosphere.
2. Muskoka Airport Gift Shop: Pick up souvenirs and unique gifts for friends and family.
3. Muskoka Airport Newsstand: Pick up a newspaper, magazine, or book to keep you entertained during your travels.
4. Muskoka Airport Duty Free: Shop for a variety of duty-free items such as liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
5. Muskoka Airport Bar: Unwind with a drink before or after your flight.
6. Muskoka Airport Bookstore: Find a great selection of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
7. Muskoka Airport Pharmacy: Pick up any essential medications you may need while traveling.
8. Muskoka Airport Electronics Store: Find the latest gadgets and tech accessories.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Muskoka Airport is a small regional airport located in the heart of Muskoka, Ontario. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of facilities to cater to the needs of its passengers, including prayer rooms and worship areas.
1. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim prayer room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building. It is open to all Muslim passengers and provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
2. Christian Worship Area: The Christian worship area is located on the first floor of the airport terminal building. It is open to all Christian passengers and provides a space for worship and reflection.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The multi-faith prayer room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building. It is open to all passengers of all faiths and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Muskoka Airport are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other necessary facilities to ensure that passengers can practice their faith in comfort and privacy. Passengers are encouraged to use these facilities as needed and to respect the religious beliefs of others.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Muskoka Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of travelers. The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their work, family, and friends. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, ensuring a seamless browsing experience.
For those who require a workspace, Muskoka Airport offers a comfortable and well-equipped business center. The center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it an ideal place to work or study. The business center is also equipped with high-speed internet access, ensuring that travelers can work efficiently and productively.
In addition to the business center, Muskoka Airport also offers private meeting rooms for rent. These rooms are perfect for business meetings, interviews, or private discussions. The meeting rooms are equipped with all the necessary amenities, including high-speed internet access, projectors, and audiovisual equipment.
Overall, Muskoka Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to provide travelers with a comfortable and productive environment. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with your loved ones, the airport’s facilities have got you covered.
- Muskoka Airport Lounge, located in Gravenhurst, Ontario
- Lounge Muskoka, located in Bracebridge, Ontario
- Toronto Pearson Airport Lounge, located in Toronto, Ontario
Accomodation Options Nearby Muskoka Airport
1. The Residence Inn by Marriott Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf: Located just a short drive from Muskoka Airport, this hotel offers spacious suites with fully-equipped kitchens, free Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool.
2. Comfort Inn Bracebridge: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from Muskoka Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an indoor pool.
3. Best Western Plus Muskoka Inn: This hotel is located in the heart of Muskoka and is just a short drive from the airport. It offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool.
4. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gravenhurst Muskoka: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from Muskoka Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an indoor pool.
5. Quality Inn Bracebridge: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from Muskoka Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an indoor pool.
6. Econo Lodge Bracebridge: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from Muskoka Airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool.
1. Muskoka Lakes Winery – Located just a few minutes from Muskoka Airport, this winery offers tours and tastings of their award-winning wines made from locally grown grapes.
2. Santa’s Village – A family-friendly amusement park with rides, games, and activities for all ages. Located just 15 minutes from the airport.
3. Muskoka Brewery – A popular craft brewery that offers tours and tastings of their unique beers. Located just 10 minutes from the airport.
4. Muskoka Wildlife Centre – A wildlife sanctuary that houses over 200 animals, including bears, wolves, and moose. Visitors can take a guided tour and learn about the animals and their habitats. Located just 20 minutes from the airport.
5. Muskoka Steamships – Take a cruise on one of the historic steamships that have been operating on the Muskoka lakes since the early 1900s. Located just 25 minutes from the airport.
6. Algonquin Provincial Park – A vast wilderness area with hiking trails, canoe routes, and wildlife viewing opportunities. Located about an hour’s drive from the airport.
7. Arrowhead Provincial Park – A popular park with hiking trails, beaches, and a skating trail in the winter. Located about 30 minutes from the airport.
8. Gravenhurst Farmers’ Market – A weekly market featuring local produce, crafts, and baked goods. Located just 15 minutes from the airport.
9. Muskoka Heritage Place – A living history museum that showcases the region’s pioneer past. Visitors can explore historic buildings, ride a steam train, and learn about traditional crafts. Located just 15 minutes from the airport.
10. Bracebridge Falls – A scenic waterfall located in the heart of Bracebridge, just 20 minutes from the airport. Visitors can enjoy a picnic or take a stroll along the river.
History of Muskoka Airport
Muskoka Airport, also known as the Muskoka Airport and Executive Airpark, is a small airport located in the town of Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada. The airport was first established in the early 1930s as a small grass airstrip, primarily used for recreational flying. Over the years, the airport has undergone several expansions and upgrades, including the addition of a paved runway in the 1960s.
During World War II, the airport was used as a training base for the Royal Canadian Air Force. After the war, the airport returned to its original purpose as a recreational airport, serving the local community and tourists visiting the Muskoka region. In the 1990s, the airport underwent a major renovation, which included the construction of a new terminal building and the addition of several new hangars.
Today, Muskoka Airport is a thriving general aviation airport, serving a variety of private and commercial aircraft. The airport is also home to several aviation-related businesses, including flight schools, aircraft maintenance facilities, and charter companies. With its convenient location in the heart of the Muskoka region, the airport is an important transportation hub for visitors to the area, providing easy access to the many attractions and recreational opportunities that the region has to offer.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport