Nanaimo Airport is a regional airport located in Cassidy, British Columbia, Canada. It serves the central Vancouver Island region and offers daily flights to Vancouver, Calgary, and other destinations. The airport is equipped with modern facilities and provides a convenient and efficient travel experience for passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Nanaimo Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Nanaimo Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Nanaimo Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Nanaimo Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Nanaimo Airport
Nanaimo Airport is located on the east coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. The airport is easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transportation. If you are driving, take the Island Highway (Highway 19) and turn onto Spitfire Way, which leads directly to the airport. The airport is approximately 18 kilometers south of downtown Nanaimo and takes about 20 minutes to reach by car.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Nanaimo that provide service to the airport. It is recommended to book your taxi in advance to ensure availability. The cost of a taxi ride from downtown Nanaimo to the airport is approximately $35-$40.
For those who prefer public transportation, there are several bus routes that stop at the airport. The most convenient route is the #30 bus, which runs between downtown Nanaimo and the airport. The bus fare is $2.50 per ride, and the trip takes approximately 30 minutes.
In summary, getting to Nanaimo Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you choose to drive, take a taxi, or use public transportation, you can reach the airport quickly and efficiently.
Nanaimo Airport, also known as Nanaimo Airport (YCD), is a small regional airport located on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. If you are planning to travel to or from Nanaimo Airport, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal building. The ride to downtown Nanaimo takes approximately 20 minutes and costs around $40.
2. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate from Nanaimo Airport to various destinations on Vancouver Island. These services are pre-booked and offer door-to-door service. The cost varies depending on the destination.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate from Nanaimo Airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. You can book a car in advance or at the airport upon arrival.
4. Public Transit: The Nanaimo Regional Transit System operates several bus routes that serve Nanaimo Airport. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building. The cost of a one-way ticket is $2.50.
5. Private Car Service: Private car services, such as Uber and Lyft, are not currently available in Nanaimo. However, there are several local private car services that can be booked in advance.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it is important to plan ahead and book in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey to or from Nanaimo Airport.
Nanaimo Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers and need to park for a short period of time. The first 15 minutes of parking are free, and after that, the rate is $2 per half hour.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period of time and need to leave their car at the airport. The rate for long-term parking is $12 per day or $60 per week.
3. Overflow parking: This parking area is located just past the long-term parking lot. It is used when the other parking areas are full. The rate for overflow parking is the same as long-term parking.
4. Disabled parking: There are designated parking spots for those with disabilities located in both the short-term and long-term parking areas. These spots are located close to the terminal building for easy access.
5. Cell phone waiting area: This area is located just outside the airport entrance and is free to use. It is designed for those who are waiting for arriving passengers to call and let them know they are ready to be picked up. Drivers are not allowed to leave their vehicles unattended in this area.
Overall, Nanaimo Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers.
Car Rental at Nanaimo Airport
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Silvercar by Audi
Nanaimo Airport is a small regional airport located on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped, with a range of facilities and services to make passengers’ journeys as comfortable and convenient as possible.
Inside the terminal, passengers will find a range of amenities, including a café, gift shop, and a comfortable seating area. There is also free Wi-Fi available throughout the terminal, making it easy for passengers to stay connected while they wait for their flights. The airport also offers a range of services, including baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and car rental facilities.
Nanaimo Airport is a popular choice for travelers looking to explore Vancouver Island and the surrounding area. The airport is located just a short drive from the city of Nanaimo, which offers a range of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Nanaimo Airport is a convenient and comfortable choice for your next trip.
- Air Canada
- Air Canada Express
- Pacific Coastal Airlines
- WestJet Encore
Nanaimo Airport is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. As such, the airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure the safety of everyone who passes through its doors.
One of the key security measures in place at Nanaimo Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. This includes full-body scanners, metal detectors, and X-ray machines, which are used to detect any prohibited items that may be carried by passengers. Additionally, all carry-on and checked baggage is subject to thorough screening before it is allowed onto a flight.
In addition to these technological measures, Nanaimo Airport also employs a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security threats. These individuals are trained to identify potential security risks and take appropriate action to mitigate them.
Overall, the security protocols in place at Nanaimo Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By utilizing advanced screening technology and highly trained security personnel, the airport is able to ensure that all flights depart and arrive safely, without incident.
Nanaimo Airport offers a range of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to provide assistance with everything from baggage handling and check-in to boarding and security screening.
For passengers with mobility issues, Nanaimo Airport provides wheelchair assistance and other special services upon request. The airport also offers a dedicated parking area for disabled passengers, with easy access to the terminal building.
For travelers with young children, the airport provides a family room equipped with changing tables, nursing chairs, and a play area. The airport also offers stroller rentals for added convenience.
In addition, Nanaimo Airport provides a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable, including free Wi-Fi, a variety of dining options, and a gift shop. With its commitment to providing exceptional traveler assistance services, Nanaimo Airport is the perfect choice for a stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Nanaimo Airport Café: Located in the main terminal, this café offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
2. The Nanaimo Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, this gift shop offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
3. The Nanaimo Airport Newsstand: Located in the main terminal, this newsstand offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, and snacks.
4. The Nanaimo Airport Bookstore: Located in the main terminal, this bookstore offers a selection of books, magazines, and souvenirs.
5. The Nanaimo Airport Duty Free Shop: Located in the main terminal, this duty free shop offers a selection of liquor, tobacco, and souvenirs.
6. The Nanaimo Airport Bar & Grill: Located in the main terminal, this bar & grill offers a selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
7. The Nanaimo Airport Coffee Shop: Located in the main terminal, this coffee shop offers a selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Nanaimo Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of all faiths.
1. The Prayer Room is located in the Domestic Departures Lounge of the airport and is a multi-faith prayer room. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and provides a quiet space for travelers to pray, meditate, or find a few moments of reflection.
2. The Chapel of St. Anthony is located in the Arrivals Lobby of the airport and offers a quiet place for Catholic travelers to pray, meditate, and seek a few moments of peace. The chapel is open from 6:00am – 9:00pm daily.
3. The Interfaith Chapel is located in the International Departures Lounge of the airport and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The chapel has a variety of prayer books, benches, and chairs for travelers of all faiths.
4. The Meditation Room is located in the International Departures Lounge of the airport and is open from 6:00am – 9:00pm daily. The room provides a peaceful and quiet area for travelers to find a few moments of peace and tranquility.
By offering these prayer rooms and worship areas, Nanaimo Airport ensures that travelers of all faiths have a place to find moments of peace and spiritual reflection during their travels.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Nanaimo Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the terminal building and provides fast and reliable internet connectivity. Passengers can easily connect to the WiFi network by selecting “Nanaimo Airport WiFi” from the list of available networks on their device and following the simple login instructions.
In addition to WiFi, Nanaimo Airport also provides workspace facilities for travelers who need to work or study while waiting for their flight. The airport has a designated business center located in the departure lounge, which is equipped with comfortable seating, desks, and power outlets. The business center is open to all passengers and provides a quiet and productive environment for work or study.
Overall, Nanaimo Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to provide passengers with a convenient and comfortable travel experience. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected, the airport’s amenities are sure to meet your needs.
- The Plaza Premium Lounge – Located in the International Arrivals area of Nanaimo Airport
- The Club Nanaimo Executive Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departures area of Nanaimo Airport
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departures area of Nanaimo Airport
- The WestJet Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departures area of Nanaimo Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Nanaimo Airport
Nanaimo Airport offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers. These include:
1. Hotels: The Coast Bastion Hotel, the Best Western Dorchester Hotel, and the Howard Johnson by Wyndham Nanaimo are all located within a short distance of the airport.
2. Bed & Breakfasts: Guests can choose from a variety of bed & breakfasts in the area, including the Old City Quarter Bed & Breakfast, the Old House Village Hotel & Spa, and the Beachside Bed & Breakfast.
3. Vacation Rentals: Vacation rentals are available through a variety of websites, including Airbnb, VRBO, and HomeAway.
4. Campgrounds: There are several campgrounds located near the airport, including the Nanaimo River Regional Park, the Newcastle Island Marine Provincial Park, and the Westwood Lake Park.
Nanaimo Airport is located on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, and is surrounded by a variety of attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some of the top attractions near Nanaimo Airport:
1. Newcastle Island Marine Provincial Park: This park is accessible by a short ferry ride from Nanaimo Harbour and offers hiking trails, beaches, and picnic areas.
2. Nanaimo Museum: Located in downtown Nanaimo, this museum showcases the city’s history, including its coal mining and fishing industries.
3. Nanaimo Bar Trail: This self-guided tour takes visitors to various bakeries and cafes in Nanaimo to sample the city’s famous dessert, the Nanaimo bar.
4. Nanaimo Harbourfront Walkway: This scenic walkway stretches along the waterfront and offers stunning views of the ocean and nearby islands.
5. WildPlay Element Parks: This adventure park features ziplines, obstacle courses, and bungee jumping for thrill-seekers.
6. Nanaimo Aquatic Centre: This indoor pool complex offers a variety of swimming and fitness programs for all ages.
7. Nanaimo Art Gallery: This gallery showcases contemporary art from local and international artists.
8. Nanaimo Farmers Market: This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and artisanal crafts from local vendors.
9. Nanaimo Golf Club: This 18-hole golf course offers scenic views of the surrounding mountains and ocean.
10. Neck Point Park: This park features hiking trails, beaches, and rocky cliffs that offer stunning views of the ocean and nearby islands.
History of Nanaimo Airport
Nanaimo Airport, also known as Nanaimo Airport Cassidy or Nanaimo Airport YCD, is a regional airport located in Cassidy, British Columbia, Canada. The airport was first established in 1940 as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airfield was converted into a civilian airport and began serving the Nanaimo region.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major expansion, which included the construction of a new terminal building and runway. This expansion allowed the airport to accommodate larger aircraft and increased passenger traffic. In the 1980s, the airport was further expanded with the addition of a second runway and a new air traffic control tower.
Today, Nanaimo Airport is a busy regional airport that serves the central Vancouver Island region. It is home to several airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Pacific Coastal Airlines, and offers flights to destinations across Canada and the United States. The airport is also an important hub for general aviation and serves as a base for several flight schools and charter companies. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Nanaimo Airport continues to play an important role in the transportation infrastructure of the region.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport