Niagara District Airport is a small regional airport located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. It serves as a gateway to the Niagara Region and provides a convenient and efficient transportation option for both business and leisure travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Niagara District Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Niagara District Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Niagara District Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Niagara District Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Niagara District Airport
Niagara District Airport is located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada. The airport is easily accessible by car, taxi, or shuttle bus. If you are driving, take the QEW highway and exit at Glendale Avenue. From there, follow the signs to Niagara-on-the-Lake and the airport. The drive from Toronto takes approximately 1.5 hours.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that service the airport. You can book a taxi in advance or simply hail one at the airport. The cost of a taxi ride from Toronto to Niagara District Airport is approximately $150.
Another option is to take a shuttle bus. Several companies offer shuttle service from Toronto to Niagara-on-the-Lake. The cost of a shuttle ride is approximately $100 per person. Once you arrive in Niagara-on-the-Lake, you can take a taxi or walk to the airport, which is located just a few minutes away.
In summary, getting to Niagara District Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you choose to drive, take a taxi, or shuttle bus, you can be sure that you will arrive at the airport on time and ready for your flight.
Niagara District Airport, located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, offers several transportation options for travelers to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination quickly and conveniently. You can find taxi stands outside the terminal building.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies operate at Niagara District Airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. You can book a car in advance or at the airport.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate at the airport, providing shared or private transportation to and from various destinations. Some popular shuttle services include Niagara Airbus and Niagara Falls Shuttle.
4. Public transportation: Niagara-on-the-Lake Transit operates a bus service that connects the airport to various destinations in the area. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building.
5. Limousine service: If you’re looking for a more luxurious transportation option, you can book a limousine service. Several companies offer limousine service to and from the airport.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Niagara District Airport offers convenient and reliable transportation services to help you get to your destination.
Niagara District Airport offers convenient and affordable car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: Located directly in front of the terminal building, this parking area is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The hourly rate is $2, and the daily rate is $12.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to park for an extended period. The daily rate is $10, and the weekly rate is $50.
3. Economy Parking: This parking area is located a bit further from the terminal building, but it offers the most affordable parking rates. The daily rate is $7, and the weekly rate is $35.
All parking areas are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Payment can be made using cash or credit card at the parking kiosks located in each parking area. Shuttle service is also available for those who need assistance with their luggage or for those who park in the economy parking area.
Car Rental at Niagara District Airport
- Niagara District Airport Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
Niagara District Airport is a small regional airport located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for general aviation and one for commercial flights. The general aviation terminal is used for private and corporate aircraft, while the commercial terminal is used by airlines such as Air Canada and WestJet.
The general aviation terminal at Niagara District Airport is a modern facility that offers a range of amenities for pilots and passengers. The terminal features a comfortable waiting area, a pilot’s lounge, and a conference room for business meetings. There is also a flight planning room equipped with weather and flight tracking software, as well as a fueling station and maintenance services.
The commercial terminal at Niagara District Airport is a small but efficient facility that offers a hassle-free travel experience for passengers. The terminal features a check-in counter, security screening, and a waiting area with comfortable seating. There is also a small café where passengers can grab a bite to eat before their flight. Overall, Niagara District Airport’s terminals provide a convenient and comfortable experience for both general aviation and commercial passengers.
The Niagara District Airport (YCM) offers flights through the following airlines:
- Air Canada
- Porter Airlines
- Sunwing Airlines
- Air Transat
- Flair Airlines
Niagara District Airport is a small regional airport located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
Firstly, all passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flight. This includes a thorough check of their carry-on luggage, as well as a full-body scan using state-of-the-art security equipment. Additionally, all checked luggage is screened using advanced technology to detect any potential threats.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport also has a strict access control policy. Only authorized personnel are allowed into certain areas of the airport, and all visitors must be accompanied by an authorized employee at all times. The airport also has a 24/7 security team that patrols the premises to ensure that all security protocols are being followed.
Finally, the airport has an emergency response plan in place in case of any security breaches or other emergencies. This plan includes regular training for staff and emergency drills to ensure that everyone knows what to do in case of an emergency.
Overall, Niagara District Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These protocols include passenger screening, access control, and emergency response planning.
Niagara District Airport is a small airport located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for its passengers.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at Niagara District Airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require mobility assistance can request a wheelchair and a trained airport staff member will be available to assist them throughout the airport, from check-in to boarding. Additionally, the airport offers accessible parking spaces and ramps to ensure easy access for passengers with disabilities.
For passengers who need language assistance, Niagara District Airport provides translation services in multiple languages. This service is particularly helpful for international travelers who may not be fluent in English. The airport also offers a currency exchange service, making it easy for travelers to exchange their currency before or after their flight.
Finally, Niagara District Airport offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable. These include free Wi-Fi, a lounge area with comfortable seating, and a café where passengers can grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee before their flight.
Overall, Niagara District Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as seamless and enjoyable as possible for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Niagara District Airport Cafe: Located in the main terminal, this cafe offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
2. Niagara District Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, this gift shop offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and other items.
3. Niagara District Airport Newsstand: Located in the main terminal, this newsstand offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, and other reading materials.
4. Niagara District Airport Bar: Located in the main terminal, this bar offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
5. Niagara District Airport Restaurant: Located in the main terminal, this restaurant offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and desserts.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Niagara District Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers and visitors. Here are the locations of these areas:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is open 24/7 and is accessible to all passengers and visitors. The room is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and seating arrangements for individual or group prayers.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located near the baggage claim area and is open during airport operating hours. It is a quiet and peaceful space for passengers and visitors to pray, reflect, or meditate.
3. Muslim Prayer Area – The Muslim Prayer Area is located near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room and is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator. It is open 24/7 and is accessible to all Muslim passengers and visitors.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room and is open 24/7. It is equipped with prayer books, a Torah scroll, and a menorah. It is accessible to all Jewish passengers and visitors.
5. Hindu Prayer Area – The Hindu Prayer Area is located near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room and is open 24/7. It is equipped with prayer mats and a statue of Lord Ganesha. It is accessible to all Hindu passengers and visitors.
Niagara District Airport values the religious beliefs and practices of its passengers and visitors and strives to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Niagara District Airport offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers and business professionals alike. Here are the details:
WiFi: The airport provides complimentary WiFi access throughout the terminal building. Passengers can easily connect to the network and stay connected to their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to get some work done, Niagara District Airport offers a comfortable and quiet workspace area. The space is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy to work on laptops or other devices. The workspace is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is free of charge.
Meeting Rooms: The airport also has meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are perfect for business meetings, presentations, or other events. They are equipped with audio-visual equipment, WiFi, and comfortable seating. The meeting rooms can be rented by the hour or by the day, and catering services are available upon request.
Overall, Niagara District Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers and professionals. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with friends and family, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and connected.
- The Lounge at YCM – Located in Niagara District Airport, St. Catharines, Ontario
- The Lounge at YYZ – Located in Niagara District Airport, Toronto, Ontario
- The Lounge at YOW – Located in Niagara District Airport, Ottawa, Ontario
- The Lounge at YYG – Located in Niagara District Airport, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- The Lounge at YQR – Located in Niagara District Airport, Regina, Saskatchewan
- The Lounge at YVR – Located in Niagara District Airport, Vancouver, British Columbia
- The Lounge at YXU – Located in Niagara District Airport, London, Ontario
- The Lounge at YUL – Located in Niagara District Airport, Montreal, Quebec
- The Lounge at YYC – Located in Niagara District Airport, Calgary, Alberta
- The Lounge at YHZ – Located in Niagara District Airport, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Accomodation Options Nearby Niagara District Airport
1. Niagara District Airport Hotel: Located on-site, this hotel offers comfortable rooms and suites, a restaurant and bar, and a fitness center.
2. Niagara District Airport Campground: This campground offers a variety of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
3. Niagara District Airport Vacation Rentals: Choose from a variety of vacation rentals, including apartments, cottages, and houses.
4. Niagara District Airport Bed & Breakfast: Enjoy a cozy stay in a local bed & breakfast, with a variety of amenities and services.
5. Niagara District Airport Hostels: Budget-friendly hostels offer shared and private rooms, as well as common areas and amenities.
1. Niagara Falls: One of the most popular attractions near Niagara District Airport is the world-famous Niagara Falls. Visitors can witness the breathtaking beauty of the falls from various viewpoints, take a boat tour, or even go ziplining over the falls.
2. Niagara-on-the-Lake: This charming town is located just a short drive from the airport and is known for its picturesque streets, historic buildings, and award-winning wineries. Visitors can take a wine tour, enjoy a gourmet meal, or explore the town’s many boutiques and galleries.
3. Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens: Nature lovers will appreciate the beauty of the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens, which feature over 100 acres of gardens, greenhouses, and walking trails. Visitors can see a wide variety of plants and flowers, including a world-renowned rose garden.
4. Niagara Glen Nature Reserve: This stunning nature reserve is located along the Niagara River and offers visitors the chance to hike through a gorge, see unique rock formations, and spot wildlife such as bald eagles and deer.
5. Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort: For those who enjoy gambling, the Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort is a must-visit attraction. The casino features over 3,000 slot machines, 130 gaming tables, and a variety of restaurants and entertainment options.
6. Skylon Tower: This iconic tower offers visitors panoramic views of the Niagara Falls and the surrounding area. Visitors can take a ride to the top of the tower in a glass-enclosed elevator and enjoy a meal at the revolving restaurant.
7. Niagara Helicopters: For a truly unique experience, visitors can take a helicopter tour of the Niagara Falls and the surrounding area. The tours offer stunning views and a thrilling ride.
8. Niagara River Recreation Trail: This scenic trail runs along the Niagara River and offers visitors the chance to walk, bike, or rollerblade while taking in the beautiful views. The trail also passes by several historic sites and attractions.
History of Niagara District Airport
Niagara District Airport, located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, has a rich history dating back to the early 1900s. Originally known as the Niagara Flying Field, it was established in 1917 as a training ground for Canadian pilots during World War I. After the war, the airport was used for recreational flying and as a base for crop dusting operations.
In the 1930s, the airport was expanded and renamed Niagara Falls Municipal Airport. It became a popular destination for commercial airlines, including American Airlines and Trans-Canada Airlines. During World War II, the airport was used as a training ground for Canadian and British pilots.
In the 1950s, the airport was once again renamed to Niagara District Airport and became a hub for general aviation. Today, the airport is home to a variety of aviation-related businesses, including flight schools, aircraft maintenance facilities, and charter services. It also serves as a popular destination for recreational pilots and aviation enthusiasts. With its rich history and continued growth, Niagara District Airport remains an important part of the aviation community in Ontario.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport