Ninoy Aquino International Airport is the main international gateway to the Philippines. Located in Manila, it serves as the hub for the country’s major airlines and handles millions of passengers annually.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Other Airports in Metropolitan Manila, Philippines
How to Get to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Ninoy Aquino International Airport is the main airport serving Manila, Philippines. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and budget.
If you are coming from Manila, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taking a taxi or a ride-sharing service. You can also take the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) or the Light Rail Transit (LRT) and get off at Taft Avenue Station, then take a jeepney or a bus to the airport.
If you are coming from outside Manila, you can take a bus or a van from nearby provinces such as Cavite, Laguna, or Batangas. These buses and vans have terminals near the airport and offer direct trips to the airport.
If you have a lot of luggage or prefer a more comfortable ride, you can also book a private car or a shuttle service to take you to the airport. These services can be booked online or through your hotel.
Overall, getting to Ninoy Aquino International Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs and budget.
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is the main gateway to the Philippines and serves millions of passengers every year. To help travelers get to their destinations, there are several transportation options available at NAIA. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Taxi – Taxis are readily available at all terminals of NAIA. They are metered and the fare depends on the distance traveled and the traffic conditions. It is advisable to use only the authorized taxis to avoid scams.
2. Grab – Grab is a ride-hailing service that operates in the Philippines. It is a convenient and affordable option for travelers who want to avoid the hassle of negotiating with taxi drivers. Grab can be booked through their mobile app.
3. Airport Shuttle – The airport shuttle is a shared van service that operates between NAIA and various destinations in Metro Manila. It is a cost-effective option for solo travelers or small groups. The shuttle can be booked at the airport or online.
4. Public Transportation – Public transportation options such as buses and jeepneys are available outside the airport. However, they are not recommended for first-time travelers as they can be confusing and crowded.
5. Car Rental – Car rental services are available at NAIA. It is a good option for travelers who want to explore the city on their own. However, driving in Manila can be challenging due to heavy traffic and chaotic driving conditions.
In conclusion, there are several transportation options available at NAIA. Travelers should choose the option that suits their budget, comfort level, and destination. It is important to be aware of the scams and to use only authorized services to ensure a safe and hassle-free journey.
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking areas and their locations:
1. Terminal 1 Parking – This parking area is located in front of NAIA Terminal 1. It has a capacity of 1,200 vehicles and offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
2. Terminal 2 Parking – This parking area is located in front of NAIA Terminal 2. It has a capacity of 1,200 vehicles and offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
3. Terminal 3 Parking – This parking area is located in front of NAIA Terminal 3. It has a capacity of 2,000 vehicles and offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
4. Terminal 4 Parking – This parking area is located in front of NAIA Terminal 4. It has a capacity of 200 vehicles and offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
5. Park and Fly – This parking area is located outside the airport premises, near the Domestic Road entrance. It has a capacity of 1,000 vehicles and offers long-term parking options for travelers who need to leave their cars for several days.
6. Off-site Parking – There are several off-site parking options available near NAIA, such as Park ‘N Fly, Park ‘N Go, and Airport Parking PH. These parking areas offer shuttle services to and from the airport terminals.
Overall, NAIA offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of different travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, there is a parking area that can accommodate your needs.
Car Rental at Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is the main airport serving the Manila metropolitan area in the Philippines. It is composed of four terminals, each serving different airlines and destinations.
Terminal 1 is the oldest and largest terminal, serving international airlines such as Delta, Emirates, and Singapore Airlines. It has undergone renovations to improve its facilities and services, including the addition of new restaurants and shops.
Terminal 2, also known as the Centennial Terminal, is exclusively used by Philippine Airlines for both domestic and international flights. It is known for its modern design and spacious interiors, with a variety of dining and shopping options available.
Terminal 3 is the newest and largest terminal, serving both domestic and international airlines. It is home to several major airlines such as Cebu Pacific, AirAsia, and Cathay Pacific. It boasts modern facilities and amenities, including a wide range of restaurants, shops, and lounges.
Terminal 4, also known as the Domestic Terminal, is the smallest and oldest terminal, serving domestic flights only. It has undergone renovations to improve its facilities and services, including the addition of new check-in counters and waiting areas.
Overall, the NAIA terminals offer a range of facilities and services to cater to the needs of travelers. From modern amenities to a variety of dining and shopping options, the terminals strive to provide a comfortable and convenient travel experience.
1. Philippine Airlines
2. Cebu Pacific
3. AirAsia Philippines
5. Cathay Pacific
6. Japan Airlines
7. Korean Air
8. Singapore Airlines
9. Qatar Airways
10. Etihad Airways
11. China Airlines
12. Thai Airways
13. Vietnam Airlines
14. Garuda Indonesia
15. Turkish Airlines
16. Saudi Arabian Airlines
17. Air China
18. Asiana Airlines
19. EVA Air
20. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
21. Malaysia Airlines
22. Royal Brunei Airlines
25. Jetstar Asia Airways
26. Oman Air
27. China Southern Airlines
28. China Eastern Airlines
29. Hong Kong Airlines
30. Air Niugini.
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is the primary gateway to the Philippines, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety and security of all passengers and airport personnel.
One of the most visible security measures at NAIA is the presence of security personnel and K-9 units throughout the airport. These personnel are trained to detect and respond to potential threats, including explosives and other dangerous materials.
In addition to physical security measures, NAIA also employs advanced technology to enhance security. This includes the use of x-ray machines and other scanning equipment to screen passengers and their luggage for prohibited items.
Passengers traveling through NAIA are also subject to strict security checks, including identity verification and baggage screening. This helps to ensure that only authorized individuals and items are allowed into the airport and onto flights.
Overall, the security protocols at Ninoy Aquino International Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and airport personnel. By combining physical security measures with advanced technology and strict screening procedures, NAIA is able to maintain a high level of security and protect against potential threats.
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is the main gateway to the Philippines, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a hassle-free travel experience, NAIA offers various traveler’s assistance services to its passengers. These services are designed to provide assistance and support to travelers, especially those with special needs.
One of the most important traveler’s assistance services offered by NAIA is the airport information desk. This desk is located in all terminals and provides information on flight schedules, airport facilities, transportation options, and other travel-related queries. The airport information desk is staffed by knowledgeable and friendly personnel who are always ready to assist passengers.
NAIA also offers wheelchair assistance to passengers with mobility issues. Passengers can request for a wheelchair at the airport information desk or through their airline. The airport has designated wheelchair lanes and elevators to ensure that passengers with disabilities can move around the airport with ease.
For passengers with language barriers, NAIA has multilingual staff who can assist them in their native language. The airport also has signage in different languages to help passengers navigate the airport easily.
In conclusion, NAIA’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a comfortable and stress-free travel experience to all passengers. From airport information desks to wheelchair assistance and multilingual staff, NAIA ensures that all passengers are well taken care of.
Shops and Restaurants
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is the main airport serving the Manila metropolitan area in the Philippines. It is a bustling hub of activity, with a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers.
Here are some of the shops and restaurants you can find at NAIA:
1. Duty-Free Philippines – This is a popular destination for travelers looking to buy tax-free goods such as chocolates, perfumes, and cosmetics.
2. The SM Store – This is a department store that offers a wide range of products, including clothing, accessories, and electronics.
3. Rustan’s – This is a high-end department store that offers luxury brands such as Gucci, Prada, and Louis Vuitton.
4. Bench – This is a popular Filipino clothing brand that offers trendy and affordable clothing for men and women.
5. National Bookstore – This is a bookstore that offers a wide range of books, magazines, and stationery.
1. McDonald’s – This is a fast-food chain that offers burgers, fries, and other classic American fare.
2. Jollibee – This is a Filipino fast-food chain that offers burgers, fried chicken, and other local favorites.
3. Starbucks – This is a coffee chain that offers a wide range of coffee drinks, pastries, and sandwiches.
4. Chowking – This is a Filipino fast-food chain that offers Chinese-inspired dishes such as noodles, dim sum, and rice bowls.
5. Shakey’s – This is a pizza chain that offers a wide range of pizzas, pastas, and other Italian-inspired dishes.
Overall, NAIA offers a diverse range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for luxury brands or fast food, you’re sure to find something that suits your taste and budget.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
The Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is the main airport in the Philippines, serving millions of passengers every year. For travelers who wish to pray or worship during their journey, NAIA offers several prayer rooms and worship areas located throughout the airport.
1. Terminal 1 – Muslim Prayer Room
Located at the Departure Level near Gate 6, the Muslim Prayer Room in Terminal 1 is open 24/7 and can accommodate up to 50 people. It is equipped with prayer mats, a wash area, and a shoe rack.
2. Terminal 2 – Chapel of St. John Paul II
The Chapel of St. John Paul II in Terminal 2 is located at the Departure Level near Gate 3. It is open from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM and can accommodate up to 50 people. The chapel offers daily mass, confession, and other religious services.
3. Terminal 3 – Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
The Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Terminal 3 is located at the Departure Level near Gate 114. It is open 24/7 and can accommodate up to 100 people. The chapel offers daily mass, confession, and other religious services.
4. Terminal 4 – Muslim Prayer Room
Located at the Departure Level near Gate 2, the Muslim Prayer Room in Terminal 4 is open 24/7 and can accommodate up to 20 people. It is equipped with prayer mats, a wash area, and a shoe rack.
5. Terminal 3 – Iglesia ni Cristo Worship Area
The Iglesia ni Cristo Worship Area in Terminal 3 is located at the Departure Level near Gate 118. It is open 24/7 and can accommodate up to 50 people. The worship area offers religious services for members of the Iglesia ni Cristo.
Overall, NAIA provides various prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of different religions. These facilities offer a peaceful and quiet space for passengers to pray, meditate, or worship before their flight.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is the main airport serving the Manila metropolitan area in the Philippines. It is a busy airport that caters to both domestic and international flights. For travelers who need to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights, NAIA offers WiFi and workspace facilities.
NAIA provides free WiFi access to all passengers throughout the airport. The WiFi network is called “NAIA Free WiFi” and can be accessed by connecting to the network and following the instructions on the login page. The WiFi is fast and reliable, making it easy for travelers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely.
NAIA has several workspace facilities that cater to the needs of travelers who need to work or study while waiting for their flights. These facilities include:
1. Airport Lounges: NAIA has several airport lounges that offer comfortable seating, free WiFi, and charging ports. These lounges are perfect for travelers who need a quiet and comfortable space to work or relax.
2. Business Centers: NAIA has several business centers that offer printing, scanning, and photocopying services. These centers also have workstations with computers and internet access, making it easy for travelers to work on their projects or assignments.
3. Cafes and Restaurants: NAIA has several cafes and restaurants that offer free WiFi and comfortable seating. These places are perfect for travelers who need to grab a quick bite while working or studying.
In conclusion, NAIA offers excellent WiFi and workspace facilities that cater to the needs of travelers who need to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. These facilities are easy to access and provide a comfortable and convenient environment for travelers to work or study.
The following is a list of lounges available at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport:
- The Skyview Lounge (Terminal 1, International Departures)
- Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Lounge (Terminal 1, International Departures)
- The Forum (Terminal 2, International Departures)
- Skytrax Lounge (Terminal 3, International Departures)
- Skyview Lounge (Terminal 3, Domestic Departures)
- PAL Mabuhay Lounge (Terminal 3, Domestic Departures)
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Terminal 3, Domestic Departures)
- Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Lounge (Terminal 4, Domestic Departures)
- Skyview Lounge (Terminal 4, International Departures)
Accomodation Options Nearby Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Ninoy Aquino International Airport, conveniently located just outside the vibrant capital city of Manila, offers a range of accommodation options catering to various budgets and needs. Whether you’re seeking a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious experience, the airport and its surrounding areas have something to offer you.
1. Transit Hotels:
If you have a long layover or prefer to stay near the airport for convenience, transit hotels are a great option. They offer basic amenities, comfortable rooms, and are located within the airport complex. Some popular choices include the Manila Airport Hotel, Kabayan Hotel, and Nichols Airport Hotel.
2. Airport Area Hotels:
For slightly more options and comfort, you can consider hotels located near the airport. These establishments still offer convenience while providing additional amenities such as shuttle services, swimming pools, and restaurants. Some notable options include Hotel Sogo, Belmont Hotel Manila, and The Heritage Hotel Manila.
3. Budget Accommodations:
If you’re looking for more pocket-friendly options, several budget accommodations can be found within a short distance from the airport. These establishments offer clean rooms, Wi-Fi, and basic services at reasonable rates. Some popular choices include Go Hotels Manila Airport Road, Urban Travellers Hotel, and DG Budget Hotel Salem.
4. Mid-range Hotels:
For a balance between affordability and comfort, mid-range hotels provide an excellent choice. These hotels offer comfortable rooms, varied facilities like fitness centers, restaurants, and often have easy access to nearby shopping centers and attractions. Some recommended mid-range options include Microtel by Wyndham Mall of Asia, Savoy Hotel Manila, and The Manila Hotel.
5. Luxury Hotels:
If you seek absolute indulgence and luxury, there are reputed hotels in the vicinity that cater to your desires. Offering a range of high-end facilities, luxurious rooms, indulgent spas, gourmet dining, and exceptional service, these hotels are designed to pamper guests. Notable luxury options include Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, Shangri-La at the Fort Manila, and Okada Manila.
It’s important to note that while some hotels are conveniently located within the airport vicinity, others may require a short taxi or shuttle ride. You can check the availability, rates, and amenities of these accommodation options online or through reliable booking platforms to make an informed choice that aligns with your preferences and budget.
1. Resorts World Manila: Located adjacent to the airport, Resorts World Manila is a premier entertainment and gaming complex offering world-class hotels, casinos, shopping centers, theaters, and restaurants.
2. Manila Ocean Park: A short distance away from the airport, Manila Ocean Park is a popular marine-themed park where visitors of all ages can enjoy interactive exhibits, live shows, and a chance to see various marine life up close.
3. Rizal Park: Situated within Manila city limits and merely a few kilometers from the airport, Rizal Park is a vast green space that serves as a peaceful sanctuary amidst the hustle and bustle of the city. Visitors can explore historical monuments and gardens and relax in the park’s serene ambiance.
4. National Museum of the Philippines: Nestled nearby the airport, the National Museum of the Philippines showcases an extensive collection of Filipino art, archaeology, and natural history. It is an excellent place to learn about the country’s rich cultural heritage.
5. Intramuros: A historic walled city located near Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Intramuros takes visitors on a journey back in time to the Spanish colonial era. Within its walls, visitors can explore significant landmarks, ancient churches, and cobblestone streets.
6. Manila Bay Sunset Cruise: Embark on a romantic Manila Bay sunset cruise for an unforgettable experience near the airport. Witness stunning views of the city skyline while enjoying a delicious dinner and live entertainment on-board.
7. San Agustin Church: A UNESCO World Heritage Site within Intramuros, San Agustin Church is the oldest stone church in the Philippines. This majestic church is known for its beautiful interior and important historical significance.
8. Manila Cathedral: Located adjacent to Intramuros, the Manila Cathedral is another notable religious site that showcases stunning architecture and intricate designs. Visitors can attend mass or simply appreciate the grandeur of this iconic landmark.
9. Mall of Asia: Situated a short drive away from the airport, the Mall of Asia (MOA) is one of the largest shopping centers in Asia. In addition to a vast selection of shops, MOA offers a variety of dining options, an amusement park, and a world-class concert arena.
10. Greenbelt Mall: One of the premier shopping destinations in Makati, Greenbelt Mall features a blend of high-end boutiques, restaurants, and various entertainment options. Visitors can indulge in retail therapy, enjoy delectable cuisine, or relax in the lush gardens within the complex.
History of Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is the main airport serving the Manila metropolitan area in the Philippines. It was named after Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino Jr., a prominent Filipino politician who was assassinated in 1983. The airport was originally known as Manila International Airport and was opened in 1948. It was later renamed to its current name in 1987, a year after Aquino’s death.
NAIA has undergone several expansions and renovations over the years to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines. In 2018, the airport served over 45 million passengers, making it one of the busiest airports in Southeast Asia. It has four terminals, with Terminal 1 being the oldest and Terminal 4 being the smallest.
Despite its popularity, NAIA has faced criticism for its outdated facilities and poor infrastructure. In recent years, the Philippine government has launched several initiatives to improve the airport, including the construction of a new terminal and the rehabilitation of existing ones. These efforts aim to enhance the airport’s capacity and provide a better experience for passengers.
Other Airports in Metropolitan Manila, Philippines