The Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is a modern and efficient airport located in the heart of Silicon Valley. It serves as a gateway to the region, connecting travelers to destinations across the United States and around the world. With state-of-the-art facilities and a commitment to customer service, it is a top choice for both business and leisure travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- Other Airports in California, United States
How to Get to Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, making it a popular destination for travelers. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking public transportation, or using a ride-sharing service.
If you are driving, the airport is conveniently located off of Highway 87 and has several parking options available. There are both short-term and long-term parking lots, as well as a cell phone waiting lot for those picking up passengers.
For those taking public transportation, the VTA (Valley Transportation Authority) offers several bus routes that stop at the airport. The VTA also operates a light rail system that has a stop at the airport, making it easy to get to and from downtown San Jose.
Finally, ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available for those who prefer not to drive. Simply request a ride to the airport and your driver will drop you off at the designated pick-up and drop-off area.
No matter how you choose to get to Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, there are plenty of options available to make your travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit the needs of all travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Rental Cars: There are several rental car companies located at the airport, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. Rental car counters are located in the baggage claim area of Terminal A and Terminal B.
2. Taxis: Taxis are available outside of both Terminal A and Terminal B. The airport has a designated taxi pick-up area where passengers can easily find a taxi. The average fare from the airport to downtown San Jose is around $20-$25.
3. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are both available at the airport. Passengers can request a ride through the app and meet their driver at the designated ride-sharing pick-up area outside of both Terminal A and Terminal B.
4. Public Transportation: The Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) offers several bus routes that serve the airport. The VTA Airport Flyer bus provides direct service between the airport and the Santa Clara Caltrain Station, where passengers can connect to other VTA bus and light rail routes.
5. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Passengers should check with their hotel to see if this service is available.
No matter what your transportation needs may be, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport has plenty of options to make your travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of travelers. Here are the different parking options available and where they are located:
1. Terminal A Garage: This covered parking garage is located directly across from Terminal A and offers easy access to the airport. It is ideal for short-term parking and is available 24/7.
2. Terminal B Garage: This covered parking garage is located directly across from Terminal B and offers easy access to the airport. It is ideal for short-term parking and is available 24/7.
3. Economy Lot 1: This outdoor parking lot is located on Airport Boulevard and is a short shuttle ride away from the terminals. It is ideal for long-term parking and is available 24/7.
4. Economy Lot 2: This outdoor parking lot is located on Airport Parkway and is a short shuttle ride away from the terminals. It is ideal for long-term parking and is available 24/7.
5. Cell Phone Waiting Lot: This free parking lot is located on Airport Boulevard and is designed for drivers who are waiting to pick up passengers. It is available 24/7 and drivers are not allowed to leave their vehicles unattended.
No matter which parking option you choose, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers safe and convenient parking for all travelers.
Car Rental at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is a modern and efficient airport located in the heart of Silicon Valley. The airport has two terminals, Terminal A and Terminal B, which are connected by a pedestrian walkway. Terminal A is the older of the two terminals and serves airlines such as Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, and Delta Air Lines. Terminal B is the newer terminal and serves airlines such as Southwest Airlines, JetBlue Airways, and United Airlines.
Both terminals offer a variety of amenities for travelers, including restaurants, cafes, and shops. Terminal B has a unique feature called the “Garden Terrace,” which is an outdoor space with seating and greenery that provides a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of the airport. The airport also offers free Wi-Fi throughout both terminals, making it easy for travelers to stay connected while waiting for their flights.
In addition to its passenger terminals, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport also has a general aviation terminal for private and corporate aircraft. The airport is known for its efficient and friendly staff, making it a popular choice for travelers visiting the Silicon Valley area. Overall, the airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers, with a range of amenities and services to make their journey as smooth as possible.
1. Alaska Airlines
2. American Airlines
3. Delta Air Lines
4. Frontier Airlines
5. Hawaiian Airlines
6. JetBlue Airways
7. Southwest Airlines
8. United Airlines
9. Volaris Airlines
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols include the use of advanced technology, such as full-body scanners and explosive detection systems, to screen passengers and their luggage.
In addition to technology, the airport also employs a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any potential threats. These personnel are equipped with the latest security equipment and are trained to identify and respond to any suspicious activity.
The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that all security protocols are up-to-date and effective. This collaboration includes regular training exercises and drills to ensure that all personnel are prepared to respond to any emergency situation.
Overall, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport’s security protocols are constantly being reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain effective in the face of evolving threats.
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers a variety of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance Program provides trained volunteers who are available to assist passengers with a range of needs, including directions, wheelchair assistance, and language translation services.
In addition, the airport offers a variety of accessibility services for passengers with disabilities, including accessible parking, wheelchair assistance, and accessible restrooms. The airport also provides visual paging services for passengers who are deaf or hard of hearing.
For international travelers, the airport offers a Global Entry program, which allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers. The airport also provides a variety of currency exchange services, as well as international calling and Wi-Fi services.
Overall, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is committed to providing exceptional traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the popular options:
1. Starbucks – This coffee chain is a favorite among travelers who need a caffeine fix before their flight.
2. Jamba Juice – For those who prefer a healthier option, Jamba Juice offers smoothies, juices, and snacks.
3. Sora – This Japanese restaurant serves sushi, ramen, and other traditional dishes.
4. The Brit – This pub-style restaurant offers a variety of beers on tap and classic pub fare such as fish and chips.
5. Peet’s Coffee – Another coffee chain that offers a variety of coffee drinks and snacks.
6. San Francisco Soup Company – This restaurant offers a variety of soups, salads, and sandwiches.
7. Vino Volo – This wine bar offers a selection of wines from around the world, as well as small plates and snacks.
8. Hudson News – This newsstand offers a variety of magazines, books, snacks, and travel essentials.
9. Tech Showcase – This store offers a variety of electronics and gadgets for travelers.
10. Duty-Free – This store offers a variety of tax-free items such as liquor, perfume, and cosmetics for international travelers.
Overall, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport has a variety of options for travelers to grab a bite to eat or do some shopping before their flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas:
1. Terminal A: There are two prayer rooms located in Terminal A. The first one is located near Gate 8 and is open 24/7. The second one is located near Gate 15 and is open from 5:00 am to 11:00 pm.
2. Terminal B: There is one prayer room located in Terminal B near Gate 25. It is open 24/7.
3. International Arrivals Building: There is a multi-faith prayer room located in the International Arrivals Building. It is open 24/7 and is accessible to all passengers and visitors.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other necessary items for worship. They are also designed to accommodate people of different faiths and beliefs. The airport staff ensures that these spaces are clean, quiet, and peaceful for those who wish to use them.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to get work done while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport offers a number of workstations with power outlets and USB ports, as well as comfortable seating areas with tables and chairs. These workspaces are located throughout the terminal, making it easy to find a quiet spot to work.
Conference Rooms: For business travelers who need a more private space to work or hold meetings, the airport offers several conference rooms that can be rented by the hour. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment, WiFi, and comfortable seating, making them ideal for business meetings or presentations.
Lounges: The airport also has several lounges that offer comfortable seating, WiFi, and other amenities such as food and beverage service. These lounges are available to travelers who have access through their airline or credit card membership.
Overall, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to get work done or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers several lounges for travelers to enjoy while they wait for their flights. Here is a list of the lounges and where they are located:
- United Club – Terminal A, near Gate A9
- The Club at SJC – Terminal A, near Gate A4
- Avianca Lounge – Terminal B, near Gate B35
- Alaska Lounge – Terminal B, near Gate B2
Accomodation Options Nearby Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, offers a range of accommodation options to suit the varying needs and preferences of travelers. Whether you’re seeking budget-friendly choices or desiring a luxurious stay, this airport has got you covered.
1. Nap Pods:
For those seeking a quick rejuvenating rest, nap pods are available within the airport. These compact sleeping areas provide a private space with comfortable seating and dimmed lighting. Perfect for a short nap or catching up on some rest before your next flight.
2. Economy Hotels:
Close to the airport, you’ll find a selection of economy hotels that offer affordable rates without compromising comfort. These hotels typically provide essential amenities like comfortable bedding, Wi-Fi, and breakfast options. Perfect for cost-conscious travelers looking for a convenient place to stay.
3. Mid-range Hotels:
If you prefer a slightly more extensive range of services and amenities, mid-range hotels in the vicinity of the airport are an excellent choice. With reasonably priced rooms, you can enjoy comfortable accommodations along with facilities such as fitness centers, swimming pools, and on-site dining options.
4. Business Hotels:
For corporate travelers, the airport vicinity boasts several business hotels that cater to their specific needs. These hotels provide well-appointed rooms, ergonomic workspaces, high-speed internet access, meeting rooms, and other business-oriented amenities. Perfect for professionals on short stays or attending conferences.
5. Luxury Hotels:
Those seeking the highest level of indulgence will find luxurious hotels within a short distance of the airport. These elite establishments deliver world-class accommodations, elegant furnishings, spa facilities, gourmet dining options, and personalized service. You can expect a truly lavish experience at these hotels, ensuring an unforgettable stay.
From nap pods to luxury hotels, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport offers a diverse range of accommodations to suit every budget and preference. Whether you’re interested in a brief rest or seeking a luxurious escape, these options ensure that your stay at or near the airport is comfortable, convenient, and tailored to your needs.
1. Santana Row: Located just a short drive from the airport, Santana Row is a vibrant shopping, dining, and entertainment district. With upscale shops, trendy restaurants, and a lively atmosphere, it offers a great place to spend some time before or after a flight.
2. Winchester Mystery House: This famous landmark is only a 15-minute drive away. Explore the eccentricity of the Winchester Mystery House, a Victorian mansion renowned for its maze-like architecture and intriguing history.
3. Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum: Just a few minutes from the airport, the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum is a fascinating attraction for history enthusiasts. It houses one of the largest collections of Egyptian artifacts in the Western United States, including mummies and ancient artifacts.
4. The Tech Interactive: Located in the heart of downtown San Jose, The Tech Interactive is a science and technology museum that offers interactive exhibits and hands-on learning experiences. It’s a great place for both children and adults to explore and learn in a fun environment.
5. California’s Great America: A short drive from the airport, California’s Great America is an amusement park filled with thrilling rides, live entertainment, and a water park. This attraction is perfect for families and adrenaline junkies seeking some excitement during their visit.
6. San Jose Museum of Art: Situated in downtown San Jose, the San Jose Museum of Art showcases a diverse collection of modern and contemporary artwork. With rotating exhibits and a strong focus on local artists, this museum offers a unique perspective on the art scene.
7. Municipal Rose Garden: If you’re seeking a serene escape, the Municipal Rose Garden is a must-visit attraction near the airport. This beautiful garden features over 4,000 rose bushes, making it a picturesque spot to wander and take in the sights and scents of nature.
8. Japanese Friendship Garden: Located in Kelley Park, the Japanese Friendship Garden is a tranquil oasis that celebrates the friendship between San Jose and its sister city, Okayama, Japan. With traditional architecture, authentic landscaping, and koi ponds, it offers visitors a peaceful retreat.
9. J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines: Less than 10 minutes from the airport, J. Lohr Vineyards offers wine enthusiasts the opportunity to explore their tasting room and sample award-winning California wines. This winery is known for its high-quality wine production and beautiful vineyard views.
10. SAP Center: Home to the San Jose Sharks hockey team, the SAP Center is a well-known sports and entertainment venue. Catch a thrilling game or check their schedule for other concerts and events taking place during your visit.
These attractions near Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport provide visitors with diverse options to explore, ranging from cultural experiences to thrilling amusements.
History of Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, also known as SJC, is located in the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose, California. The airport was originally established in 1945 as a small airfield for private planes and military aircraft. In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major expansion to accommodate commercial flights, and by the 1980s, it had become a major hub for airlines such as American, United, and Southwest.
In 2001, the airport was renamed in honor of Norman Y. Mineta, a former mayor of San Jose and U.S. Secretary of Transportation. Mineta played a key role in the development of the airport, advocating for its expansion and modernization. Today, SJC is a modern and efficient airport that serves over 15 million passengers annually, with nonstop flights to destinations throughout the United States and Mexico.
Over the years, SJC has undergone several major renovations and upgrades to improve the passenger experience and accommodate the growing demand for air travel in Silicon Valley. Recent improvements include a new terminal building, expanded parking facilities, and state-of-the-art security and baggage handling systems. With its convenient location, modern amenities, and commitment to sustainability, Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is a vital transportation hub for the Bay Area and beyond.
Other Airports in California, United States
- Bakersfield International Airport
- Barstow Daggett Airport
- Beale Air Force Base
- Bicycle Lake Army Air Field
- Blythe Airport
- Bob Hope Airport
- Brown Field Municipal Airport
- California Redwood Coast-Humboldt County Airport
- Camarillo International Airport
- Camp Pendleton MCAS (Munn Field) Airport
- Castle Airport
- Charles M. Schulz Sonoma County Airport
- China Lake Naws (Armitage Field) Airport
- Eastern Sierra Regional Airport
- Edwards Air Force Base
- El Centro NAF Airport (Vraciu Field)
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport
- General WM J Fox Airfield
- Imperial County Airport
- Jack Mc Namara Field Airport
- Jack Northrop Field Hawthorne Municipal Airport
- Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport
- John Wayne Airport-Orange County Airport
- Lake Tahoe Airport
- Lemoore Naval Air Station (Reeves Field) Airport
- Long Beach Airport (Daugherty Field)
- Los Alamitos Army Air Field
- Los Angeles International Airport
- March Air Reserve Base
- Mc Clellan Airfield
- McClellan-Palomar Airport
- Meadows Field
- Merced Regional Macready Field
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- Miramar Marine Corps Air Station – Mitscher Field
- Modesto City Co-Harry Sham Field
- Moffett Federal Airfield
- Monterey Peninsula Airport
- Murray Field
- Needles Airport
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- North Island Naval Air Station-Halsey Field
- Ontario International Airport
- Oxnard Airport
- Palm Springs International Airport
- Palmdale Regional Airport / USAF Plant 42 Airport
- Paso Robles Municipal Airport
- Point Mugu Naval Air Station (Naval Base Ventura Co)
- Red Bluff Municipal Airport
- Redding Municipal Airport
- Riverside Municipal Airport
- Sacramento Executive Airport
- Sacramento International Airport
- Sacramento Mather Airport
- Salinas Municipal Airport
- San Bernardino International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- San Luis County Regional Airport
- Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- Santa Maria Public Airport Captain G Allan Hancock Field
- Santa Monica Municipal Airport
- Stockton Metropolitan Airport
- Travis Air Force Base
- Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Twentynine Palms Strategic Expeditionary Landing Field
- Ukiah Municipal Airport
- Van Nuys Airport
- Vandenberg Air Force Base
- Visalia International Airport
- Yuba County Airport