Nuremberg Airport is an international airport located in the city of Nuremberg, Germany. It serves as a hub for several airlines and offers flights to various destinations across Europe and beyond. The airport is equipped with modern facilities and amenities to ensure a comfortable travel experience for passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Nuremberg Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Nuremberg Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Nuremberg Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Nuremberg Airport
- Other Airports in Bavaria, Germany
How to Get to Nuremberg Airport
Nuremberg Airport is located approximately 5 miles north of the city center. There are several transportation options available to get to the airport.
One option is to take the U-Bahn, which is the city’s underground train system. The U2 line runs directly to the airport from the city center and takes approximately 12 minutes.
Another option is to take a taxi or ride-sharing service. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. Ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available in Nuremberg.
If you prefer to drive, there are several parking options available at the airport. There are both short-term and long-term parking lots located near the terminal.
Finally, if you are traveling with a group or have a lot of luggage, you may want to consider hiring a private transfer service. These services can be booked in advance and will pick you up from your hotel or other location and take you directly to the airport.
Nuremberg Airport, also known as Nuremberg Albrecht Dürer Airport, is located approximately 5 kilometers north of the city center of Nuremberg, Germany. There are several transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and provide a convenient and comfortable way to travel to your destination. The journey to the city center takes approximately 15 minutes and costs around €20-€25.
2. Public transportation: The airport is well connected to the city center by public transportation. The U2 subway line runs from the airport to the city center, with a journey time of around 12 minutes. The cost of a single ticket is €3.20.
3. Shuttle bus: Several shuttle bus companies operate services between the airport and the city center, as well as other destinations in the region. These services are often cheaper than taxis and can be booked in advance.
4. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, making it easy to rent a car and explore the surrounding area at your own pace.
5. Bicycle rental: For those who prefer to travel on two wheels, there are several bicycle rental companies located near the airport. This is a great way to explore the city and surrounding countryside.
Overall, Nuremberg Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit all budgets and preferences. Whether you prefer the convenience of a taxi, the affordability of public transportation, or the freedom of a rental car or bicycle, there is an option to suit your needs.
Nuremberg Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Here are the different car parking options available at Nuremberg Airport and where they are located:
1. P1 – Terminal Parking: This car park is located directly opposite the terminal building and is ideal for short-term parking. It offers 1,500 parking spaces and is open 24/7.
2. P2 – Holiday Parking: This car park is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for long-term parking. It offers 3,000 parking spaces and is open 24/7.
3. P3 – Business Parking: This car park is located directly opposite the terminal building and is ideal for business travelers. It offers 300 parking spaces and is open 24/7.
4. P4 – Premium Parking: This car park is located directly opposite the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who want a premium parking experience. It offers 100 parking spaces and is open 24/7.
5. P5 – Park & Fly: This car park is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who want to park their car and take a shuttle bus to the airport. It offers 1,000 parking spaces and is open 24/7.
All car parks at Nuremberg Airport are secure and offer CCTV surveillance, as well as regular patrols by security personnel. They also offer disabled parking spaces and electric vehicle charging stations.
Car Rental at Nuremberg Airport
Nuremberg Airport is a modern and efficient airport located in the heart of Germany. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are both equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and amenities to ensure a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
Terminal 1 is the main terminal of the airport and handles the majority of the flights. It is a spacious and modern terminal with a wide range of shops, restaurants, and cafes. Passengers can enjoy a variety of dining options, from fast food to fine dining, and can shop for souvenirs, gifts, and duty-free items at the many shops and boutiques located throughout the terminal.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is primarily used for charter flights and low-cost carriers. It is a more compact terminal, but still offers a range of amenities and services for passengers, including a few shops and restaurants.
Both terminals are well-connected to the rest of the airport and are easily accessible by foot or by shuttle bus. Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and comfortable seating areas while waiting for their flights.
Overall, Nuremberg Airport’s terminals are modern, efficient, and well-equipped to meet the needs of all types of travelers. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, you can expect a comfortable and stress-free experience at this airport.
4. Turkish Airlines
5. Wizz Air
6. Air France
7. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
8. Pegasus Airlines
10. TUI fly Deutschland
11. Austrian Airlines
12. Swiss International Air Lines
13. British Airways
14. Air Dolomiti
15. LOT Polish Airlines
16. SAS Scandinavian Airlines
17. Vueling Airlines
18. Aer Lingus
20. Iberia Express.
Nuremberg Airport is one of the busiest airports in Germany, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats from entering the airport and causing harm to passengers, staff, or property.
One of the key security measures at Nuremberg Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. All passengers and their luggage are screened using state-of-the-art equipment, including X-ray machines and metal detectors. This helps to identify any prohibited items or potential threats, such as weapons or explosives.
In addition to screening technology, Nuremberg Airport also employs a team of highly trained security personnel. These professionals are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security incidents that may arise. They are trained to identify suspicious behavior and take appropriate action to prevent any potential threats from escalating.
Overall, Nuremberg Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By utilizing advanced screening technology and highly trained security personnel, the airport is able to prevent potential threats and ensure the safety of everyone who passes through its doors.
Nuremberg Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s information desk is located in the central terminal area and is staffed by knowledgeable and friendly personnel who are available to answer any questions and provide assistance with travel arrangements.
For passengers with reduced mobility, Nuremberg Airport provides a range of services to ensure easy access and comfortable travel. These include wheelchair assistance, special parking spaces, and dedicated check-in counters. The airport also offers a range of facilities for families with children, including baby changing rooms, play areas, and stroller rental services.
In addition to these services, Nuremberg Airport also provides a range of amenities to enhance the travel experience. These include a variety of shops and restaurants, free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, and a comfortable lounge area for passengers who require a quiet space to work or relax. With its comprehensive range of traveler’s assistance services, Nuremberg Airport is committed to providing a seamless and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Nuremberg Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here are some of the options available:
1. Duty-Free Shop – offers a wide range of products including cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol, tobacco, and souvenirs.
2. Travel Value Shop – offers a selection of travel essentials such as luggage, travel pillows, and adapters.
3. News & More – offers newspapers, magazines, books, and snacks.
4. Heinemann Duty-Free – offers a range of products including cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol, tobacco, and souvenirs.
1. Marché Mövenpick – offers a variety of dishes including sandwiches, salads, and hot meals.
2. Starbucks – offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
3. Subway – offers a selection of sandwiches and salads.
4. Burger King – offers a range of burgers, fries, and drinks.
5. Segafredo – offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
All of these shops and restaurants are conveniently located within the airport terminal, making it easy for passengers to grab a bite to eat or do some shopping before their flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Nuremberg Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Nuremberg Airport:
1. Christian Chapel – Located on the ground floor of Terminal 1, near the check-in counters. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the ground floor of Terminal 1, near the baggage claim area. The prayer room is open 24/7 and is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the ground floor of Terminal 1, near the baggage claim area. The prayer room is open 24/7 and is equipped with prayer books and a Torah scroll.
4. Meditation Room – Located on the ground floor of Terminal 1, near the baggage claim area. The meditation room is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for reflection and relaxation.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Nuremberg Airport are free to use and open to passengers of all faiths.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Nuremberg Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, or browse the web.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study, the airport offers several workspaces equipped with power outlets and comfortable seating. These workspaces are located in the departure area and are available to all passengers.
Business Lounge: The airport also has a business lounge, which is available to passengers who have access to the lounge through their airline or membership program. The lounge offers a quiet and comfortable space to work, with complimentary WiFi, refreshments, and newspapers.
Meeting Rooms: Nuremberg Airport also has several meeting rooms available for hire, which are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 20 people. These rooms are ideal for business meetings or interviews.
Overall, Nuremberg Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to make the most of your time there.
If you’re looking for a place to relax and unwind before your flight out of Nuremberg Airport, there are several lounges to choose from. Here’s a list of lounges at Nuremberg Airport and their locations:
- Airport Lounge Nuremberg – Terminal 1, Departures
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge – Terminal 1, Gate 12
- Lufthansa Business Lounge – Terminal 1, Gate 12
- Lufthansa Welcome Lounge – Terminal 1, Gate 22
- Lufthansa First Class Lounge – Terminal 1, Gate 12
Accomodation Options Nearby Nuremberg Airport
Nuremberg Airport, located in Germany’s vibrant city of Nuremberg, offers a selection of accommodation options catering to a wide range of budgets and preferences. Whether you are a budget-conscious traveler or seeking indulgence, you will find a suitable option near the airport. Here are a few accommodation choices at various price points:
1. Budget-friendly Hotels:
– ibis Nürnberg Airport: Offering essential amenities and a convenient location, this budget hotel is perfect for those seeking affordable comfort near the airport.
– Premier Inn Nürnberg City West: Located within a short distance from the airport, this budget-friendly hotel provides comfortable rooms with modern facilities at competitive prices.
2. Mid-range Hotels:
– Mövenpick Hotel Nürnberg-Airport: This contemporary hotel, situated near the airport, provides stylish rooms and first-class service. Enjoy a fitness center and on-site dining options during your stay.
– Novotel Nürnberg am Messezentrum: Ideally situated close to the airport, this hotel offers spacious rooms, a sauna, and a gym. It is an excellent choice for business travelers and families.
3. 4-star Hotels:
– NH Collection Nürnberg City: Combining elegance and comfort, this upscale hotel boasts stylish rooms, a wellness area, and an exceptional breakfast buffet. It offers a luxurious stay within a reasonable distance from the airport.
– Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nürnberg: Housed in a beautifully restored historic building, this hotel exudes sophistication. It offers luxurious rooms, fine dining restaurants, and a spa, making it a perfect choice for discerning guests seeking extravagance.
4. Luxury Hotels:
– Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nürnberg: Offering refined luxury, this prestigious hotel features elegant rooms, a rooftop terrace with panoramic city views, a renowned restaurant, and a fitness center. It promises an opulent stay near the airport.
– Park Plaza Nuremberg: Boasting contemporary design and impeccable service, this luxury hotel provides spacious rooms, gourmet dining, a fitness center, and stunning city views. Indulge in a lavish experience just a short drive from the airport.
Note that these are just a few examples of the diverse accommodation options available at Nuremberg Airport. Depending on your preferences and needs, you can explore more choices in terms of rates, facilities, and locations to find the perfect accommodation option for your stay.
1. Albrecht Dürer’s House: Located in the heart of Nuremberg, this historic house provides insights into the life and work of the famous German painter and printmaker, Albrecht Dürer.
2. Nuremberg Castle: Dominating the city’s skyline, this medieval fortress offers stunning views of Nuremberg and houses a museum that delves into the history of the castle and the city.
3. Nuremberg Zoo: A treat for animal lovers, this zoo showcases a wide variety of species from all over the world, including elephants, polar bears, penguins, and more.
4. Nuremberg Toy Museum: Delve into the magical world of toys and games at this museum, which showcases a vast collection of antique toys, dolls, puzzles, and model trains.
5. German National Museum: Considered one of the most important museums in Germany, it houses an extensive collection of art and cultural artifacts, ranging from art pieces to historical artifacts.
6. St. Lorenz Church: This magnificent Gothic church in the Old Town of Nuremberg boasts stunning architecture, including an impressive rose window and intricate stone carvings.
7. Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Grounds: Gain a deeper understanding of Germany’s dark past at this museum, which explores the history and impact of the Nazi Party and its infamous rallies.
8. Nuremberg Opera House: Enjoy a night of cultural entertainment at this prestigious opera house, known for its exceptional productions of opera, ballet, and classical music concerts.
9. Tiergärtnertor City Park: Escape the hustle and bustle of the city in this peaceful park, which offers beautiful walking trails, charming gardens, and a picturesque lake ideal for picnics and relaxation.
10. Germanisches Nationalmuseum: Discover the rich history and cultural heritage of Germany through the vast collection of art, craftwork, and historical artifacts exhibited in this renowned museum.
Note: The attractions mentioned above are within a reasonable distance from Nuremberg Airport, but it’s advisable to check their accessibility and opening hours in advance, as some may require additional transportation or have varying schedules.
History of Nuremberg Airport
Nuremberg Airport, also known as Albrecht Dürer Airport, is located in the city of Nuremberg, Germany. The airport was first opened in 1955, and since then, it has undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers. Today, it is one of the busiest airports in Germany, serving over 4 million passengers annually.
During the 1960s and 1970s, Nuremberg Airport played a significant role in the development of the German aviation industry. It was the first airport in Germany to introduce jet bridges, which allowed passengers to board and disembark from planes without having to walk on the tarmac. The airport also played a crucial role in the development of the Airbus A300, which was assembled at a nearby factory.
In recent years, Nuremberg Airport has continued to expand and modernize its facilities. In 2013, a new terminal was opened, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle more passengers. The airport has also introduced several new routes to destinations across Europe and beyond, making it an important hub for both business and leisure travelers. Overall, Nuremberg Airport has a rich history and continues to play an important role in the German aviation industry.
Other Airports in Bavaria, Germany
- Airport Bamberg-Breitenau
- Augsburg Airport
- Bayreuth Airport
- Grafenwohr Army Air Field
- Hof-Plauen Airport
- Hohenfels Army Air Field
- Ingolstadt Manching Airport
- Lechfeld Air Base
- Memmingen Allgau Airport
- Munich Airport
- Neuburg AFB
- Nuremberg Airport
- Oberpfaffenhofen Airport