Ontario International Airport is a public airport located in the city of Ontario, California. It serves as a major hub for air travel in the Inland Empire region of Southern California, offering both domestic and international flights. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Ontario International Airport is a popular choice for travelers in the area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Ontario International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Ontario International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Ontario International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Ontario International Airport
- Other Airports in California, United States
How to Get to Ontario International Airport
Ontario International Airport is located in the city of Ontario, California. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking public transportation, or using a ride-sharing service.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from the 10, 15, and 60 freeways. Simply follow the signs for the airport and park in one of the many parking lots available.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several options available. The Omnitrans bus system has several routes that stop at the airport, including Route 61 and Route 80. Additionally, the Metrolink train system has a station located near the airport, making it easy to get to and from the airport.
Finally, if you prefer to use a ride-sharing service, both Uber and Lyft operate at the airport. Simply request a ride through the app and your driver will pick you up at the designated ride-sharing area.
Ontario International Airport is a popular airport located in the Inland Empire region of Southern California. If you are planning to travel to or from this airport, there are several transportation options available to you. Here are some of the most popular Ontario International Airport transportation options:
1. Rental Cars: There are several rental car companies located at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. You can easily rent a car and drive yourself to your destination.
2. Taxis: Taxis are available at the airport 24/7. You can find them outside the baggage claim area. The fare to downtown Ontario is approximately $20.
3. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are both available at the airport. You can request a ride using the app on your smartphone.
4. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services operate at the airport, including SuperShuttle and Prime Time Shuttle. These services offer shared rides to various destinations in the area.
5. Public Transportation: The Omnitrans bus service operates from the airport to various destinations in the Inland Empire region. You can take the Route 61 bus to downtown Ontario, or the Route 80 bus to San Bernardino.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Ontario International Airport has you covered. With a variety of choices available, you can easily get to your destination in a timely and convenient manner.
Ontario International Airport offers a variety of parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Economy Lot: Located on the corner of Airport Drive and Vineyard Avenue, the Economy Lot is the most affordable parking option at Ontario International Airport. It is a surface lot with shuttle service to the terminals.
2. Lot 2: Located on the corner of Airport Drive and Archibald Avenue, Lot 2 is a surface lot with shuttle service to the terminals. It is a good option for travelers who want to park closer to the terminals than the Economy Lot.
3. Lot 4: Located on the corner of Airport Drive and Haven Avenue, Lot 4 is a covered parking garage with shuttle service to the terminals. It is a good option for travelers who want covered parking and don’t mind paying a little extra.
4. Valet Parking: Located in front of Terminal 2, Valet Parking is the most convenient parking option at Ontario International Airport. Travelers can drop off their car and walk straight into the terminal. Valet Parking is also covered.
5. Cell Phone Lot: Located on the corner of Airport Drive and Vineyard Avenue, the Cell Phone Lot is a free parking lot where drivers can wait for their arriving passengers. Drivers must stay with their car at all times.
No matter which parking option you choose, Ontario International Airport has plenty of parking available for travelers.
Car Rental at Ontario International Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
Ontario International Airport is a public airport located in San Bernardino County, California. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 2 and Terminal 4. Terminal 2 is the main terminal and is used by most airlines, while Terminal 4 is used by Southwest Airlines.
Terminal 2 is a modern and spacious terminal that offers a variety of amenities for travelers. The terminal has a wide range of dining options, including fast food restaurants, cafes, and bars. There are also several shops and boutiques where travelers can purchase souvenirs, gifts, and other items. The terminal also has free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and comfortable seating areas.
Terminal 4 is a smaller terminal that is used exclusively by Southwest Airlines. The terminal has a few dining options and shops, but it is primarily designed for quick and efficient boarding and disembarking of passengers. The terminal has a modern design and offers free Wi-Fi and charging stations.
Both terminals at Ontario International Airport are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers. The airport is easily accessible from major highways and offers a variety of parking options, including short-term and long-term parking. Overall, Ontario International Airport is a great choice for travelers looking for a hassle-free travel experience.
2. Alaska Airlines
3. American Airlines
4. Delta Air Lines
5. Frontier Airlines
6. JetBlue Airways
7. Southwest Airlines
8. United Airlines
9. Volaris Airlines
Ontario International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols include the use of advanced screening technologies, such as full-body scanners and explosive detection systems, to detect any potential threats.
In addition, the airport has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring all areas of the airport, including the terminal, parking lots, and runways. These personnel are equipped with the latest security equipment and are trained to respond quickly and effectively to any security incidents.
Passengers are also required to go through a thorough screening process before boarding their flights. This includes passing through metal detectors, having their carry-on luggage scanned, and removing their shoes and belts for inspection. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, are confiscated and the passenger may face legal consequences.
Overall, Ontario International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early to allow enough time for the security screening process.
Ontario International Airport offers a variety of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, the airport provides wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. Additionally, the airport offers a TSA PreCheck enrollment center, allowing passengers to expedite the security screening process.
Passengers traveling with pets can take advantage of the airport’s pet relief areas, located both inside and outside the terminal. The airport also offers a variety of dining and shopping options, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal.
Overall, Ontario International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible for all passengers. Whether you need help navigating the airport or simply want to grab a bite to eat before your flight, the airport’s staff is there to assist you every step of the way.
Shops and Restaurants
Ontario International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– Hudson News: This newsstand offers a wide selection of magazines, newspapers, books, snacks, and travel essentials.
– InMotion: This electronics store offers a range of gadgets, including headphones, chargers, and travel adapters.
– Duty Free Americas: This duty-free shop offers a selection of luxury goods, including fragrances, cosmetics, and liquor.
– Marshall Retail Group: This store offers a variety of souvenirs, gifts, and apparel.
– Wolfgang Puck Express: This restaurant offers a selection of gourmet pizzas, sandwiches, salads, and soups.
– Rock & Brews: This restaurant offers a variety of American comfort food, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
– Einstein Bros. Bagels: This restaurant offers a selection of bagels, sandwiches, and coffee.
– California Pizza Kitchen: This restaurant offers a variety of pizzas, salads, and pastas.
In addition to these options, there are also several coffee shops, fast food restaurants, and bars available throughout the airport. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, Ontario International Airport has something for everyone.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Ontario International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Ontario International Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Terminal 2, Level 2
The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located on the second level of Terminal 2, near the food court. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Terminal 4, Gate 401
The Muslim Prayer Room is located near Gate 401 in Terminal 4. This room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator for Muslims to perform their daily prayers.
3. Christian Chapel – Terminal 4, Level 2
The Christian Chapel is located on the second level of Terminal 4, near the food court. This chapel is open to people of all Christian denominations and provides a peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Terminal 4, Gate 401
The Jewish Prayer Room is located near Gate 401 in Terminal 4. This room is equipped with prayer books and a Torah for Jewish passengers to practice their faith.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Ontario International Airport are open 24/7 and are free to use. They are maintained by the airport staff and are kept clean and well-maintained for the comfort of all users.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Ontario International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to work while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a number of seating areas with power outlets, allowing travelers to charge their devices and work comfortably. Additionally, there are several business centers located throughout the terminal that offer private workspaces, printing and copying services, and other amenities.
Lounges: Ontario International Airport also has several lounges that offer a range of amenities for travelers. These lounges provide comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and access to WiFi and other business services.
Overall, Ontario International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
The following is a list of lounges located at the Ontario International Airport:
- Airspace Lounge – Terminal 4, Mezzanine Level
- The Club Lounge – Terminal 4, Departures Hall
- The Centurion Lounge – Terminal 4, Departures Hall
- United Club – Terminal 4, Departures Hall
- Delta Sky Club – Terminal 4, Departures Hall
Accomodation Options Nearby Ontario International Airport
Ontario International Airport, located in Ontario, California, offers a range of accommodation options to suit various budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly stay or a luxurious experience, there are several choices available near the airport.
1. Economy Hotels/Motels: For those seeking affordable accommodation, there are several budget-friendly options near the airport. These establishments may include budget hotels, motels, or inns offering clean and comfortable basic amenities at reasonable rates. Examples of such accommodations include Motel 6 Ontario, Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, and Travelodge by Wyndham Ontario.
2. Mid-Range Hotels: There are numerous mid-range hotels near Ontario International Airport that offer a balance between affordability and comfort. These hotels often provide amenities like complimentary breakfast, fitness centers, and swimming pools. Popular choices in this category include Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, and Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall.
3. Extended Stay Hotels: If you’re planning an extended visit or require additional amenities like a kitchenette, laundry facilities, or separate living areas, extended stay hotels near the airport could be a great option. Some notable extended stay hotels in the area include Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, Residence Inn Ontario Airport, and TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport.
4. Luxury Hotels: For travelers seeking a more upscale experience, there are a few luxurious hotels within a short distance from Ontario International Airport. These hotels often provide top-notch facilities, premium services, and fine dining options. Examples of luxury accommodation near the airport include Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, and Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center.
5. Boutique Hotels: If you prefer a more unique and intimate atmosphere, several boutique and smaller-scale hotels can be found near the airport. These properties often have distinctive designs, personalized services, and an attention to detail. Some noteworthy boutique hotels in the area include Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, Ontario Grand Inn & Suites, and Ayres Hotel Ontario Mills Mall.
Each of these accommodation options strives to provide convenience, comfort, and an enjoyable stay near Ontario International Airport. From economical motels to luxurious hotels, there is a suitable choice for every traveler’s preferences and budget.
1. Ontario Mills: Located just a few miles from the airport, Ontario Mills is one of California’s largest outlet malls, featuring over 200 stores, restaurants, and entertainment options. Visitors can enjoy shopping for discounted brands, dine at various restaurants, or catch a movie at the IMAX theater.
2. Planes of Fame Air Museum: Aviation enthusiasts will love visiting the Planes of Fame Air Museum, situated adjacent to the airport. The museum showcases a vast collection of historic aircraft, ranging from World War I biplanes to modern jet fighters. Visitors can explore the exhibits, attend air shows, and even take a ride in the cockpit of a vintage warbird.
3. Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park: Nature lovers seeking a tranquil retreat can visit Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park, located just minutes away from the airport. This expansive park offers beautiful lakes, picnic areas, swimming pools, and walking trails, perfect for a leisurely stroll or a family outing.
4. Ontario Convention Center: If you are in town for a conference or event, you’ll find the Ontario Convention Center within close proximity to the airport. This state-of-the-art facility hosts a range of conventions, trade shows, and concerts throughout the year, attracting visitors from all over.
5. Scandia Amusement Park: Families can enjoy a day of fun and entertainment at Scandia Amusement Park, situated just a short drive away. The park offers exciting attractions such as go-karts, miniature golf, batting cages, bumper boats, and an arcade, ensuring a thrilling experience for visitors of all ages.
6. Graber Olive House: Foodies will appreciate a visit to Graber Olive House, a family-owned business operating since 1894. Located nearby, this historical landmark offers guided tours showcasing the olive tree groves, curing facilities, and a tasting room where visitors can sample their famous olives and olive oils.
7. Chaffey College Wignall Museum of Contemporary Art: Art enthusiasts can explore the Chaffey College Wignall Museum of Contemporary Art, located close to the airport. The museum hosts a variety of rotating exhibits featuring works by renowned contemporary artists, offering a unique cultural experience.
8. Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden: Situated just a short drive away, the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden is one of the most beautiful natural attractions in the region. Visitors can stroll through the 86-acre garden, which features a vast collection of California native plants, enjoy scenic hikes, or attend educational programs on plant conservation.
9. Ontario Reign Hockey: Sports fans can catch an exciting hockey game at the Toyota Arena, home to the Ontario Reign hockey team. Enjoy the fast-paced action and cheer on the team as they compete against various opponents in the American Hockey League.
10. Scenic Wine Country: Ontario International Airport provides easy access to Southern California’s stunning wine country. Just a short drive away, visitors can explore picturesque vineyards in the Temecula Valley or discover the charm of the historic wineries, indulge in wine tastings, and enjoy scenic views of the rolling hills.
History of Ontario International Airport
Ontario International Airport is a public airport located in the city of Ontario, California. The airport was originally built in 1923 as a small airfield for the U.S. Army Air Corps. In 1941, the airfield was leased to the City of Ontario and became a commercial airport. During World War II, the airport was used as a training base for the U.S. Army Air Forces.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major expansion, including the construction of a new terminal building and runway. The airport continued to grow throughout the 1970s and 1980s, with the addition of new airlines and destinations. In 1985, the airport was renamed Ontario International Airport.
In the early 2000s, the airport faced a decline in passenger traffic due to the economic downturn and the consolidation of the airline industry. In 2016, the airport was transferred from the City of Los Angeles to the Ontario International Airport Authority, a joint powers authority consisting of the City of Ontario and the County of San Bernardino. Since then, the airport has undergone a revitalization effort, including the addition of new airlines and destinations, as well as improvements to the terminal and runway. Today, Ontario International Airport serves over 4 million passengers annually and is a major economic driver for the region.
Other Airports in California, United States
- Bakersfield International Airport
- Barstow Daggett Airport
- Beale Air Force Base
- Bicycle Lake Army Air Field
- Blythe Airport
- Bob Hope Airport
- Brown Field Municipal Airport
- California Redwood Coast-Humboldt County Airport
- Camarillo International Airport
- Camp Pendleton MCAS (Munn Field) Airport
- Castle Airport
- Charles M. Schulz Sonoma County Airport
- China Lake Naws (Armitage Field) Airport
- Eastern Sierra Regional Airport
- Edwards Air Force Base
- El Centro NAF Airport (Vraciu Field)
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport
- General WM J Fox Airfield
- Imperial County Airport
- Jack Mc Namara Field Airport
- Jack Northrop Field Hawthorne Municipal Airport
- Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport
- John Wayne Airport-Orange County Airport
- Lake Tahoe Airport
- Lemoore Naval Air Station (Reeves Field) Airport
- Long Beach Airport (Daugherty Field)
- Los Alamitos Army Air Field
- Los Angeles International Airport
- March Air Reserve Base
- Mc Clellan Airfield
- McClellan-Palomar Airport
- Meadows Field
- Merced Regional Macready Field
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- Miramar Marine Corps Air Station – Mitscher Field
- Modesto City Co-Harry Sham Field
- Moffett Federal Airfield
- Monterey Peninsula Airport
- Murray Field
- Needles Airport
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- North Island Naval Air Station-Halsey Field
- Ontario International Airport
- Oxnard Airport
- Palm Springs International Airport
- Palmdale Regional Airport / USAF Plant 42 Airport
- Paso Robles Municipal Airport
- Point Mugu Naval Air Station (Naval Base Ventura Co)
- Red Bluff Municipal Airport
- Redding Municipal Airport
- Riverside Municipal Airport
- Sacramento Executive Airport
- Sacramento International Airport
- Sacramento Mather Airport
- Salinas Municipal Airport
- San Bernardino International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- San Luis County Regional Airport
- Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- Santa Maria Public Airport Captain G Allan Hancock Field
- Santa Monica Municipal Airport
- Stockton Metropolitan Airport
- Travis Air Force Base
- Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Twentynine Palms Strategic Expeditionary Landing Field
- Ukiah Municipal Airport
- Van Nuys Airport
- Vandenberg Air Force Base
- Visalia International Airport
- Yuba County Airport