Orlando Sanford International Airport is a public airport located in Sanford, Florida, United States. It is the second busiest airport in the Orlando area and serves as a hub for Allegiant Air. The airport offers both domestic and international flights to various destinations.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Other Airports in Florida, United States
How to Get to Orlando Sanford International Airport
Orlando Sanford International Airport is located in Sanford, Florida, approximately 28 miles northeast of downtown Orlando. There are several transportation options available to get to the airport.
One option is to take a taxi or ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft. These services can be arranged through their respective mobile apps or by calling a local taxi company.
Another option is to take a shuttle service, such as SuperShuttle or Mears Transportation. These services offer shared or private rides to and from the airport and can be booked online or by phone.
If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several parking options available at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking. The airport also offers a free cell phone lot for those waiting to pick up arriving passengers.
Finally, there are public transportation options available, including Lynx bus service and the SunRail commuter train. These options may require multiple transfers and may not be as convenient as other options, but they are a more affordable option for those on a budget.
Orlando Sanford International Airport offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services are available at the airport that can take you to your destination. These services are usually shared with other passengers, making them an affordable option.
2. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination quickly and conveniently. The fare is usually metered, and you can pay with cash or credit card.
3. Ride-Sharing Services: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. You can book a ride through their app and get picked up at the designated pick-up area.
4. Car Rentals: If you prefer to drive yourself, several car rental companies have their counters at the airport. You can rent a car and explore the city at your own pace.
5. Public Transportation: The Lynx bus service operates from the airport and can take you to various destinations in the city. The fare is affordable, and the buses are air-conditioned and comfortable.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Orlando Sanford International Airport has you covered. Choose the one that suits your needs and budget, and enjoy your trip to Orlando.
Orlando Sanford International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Hourly Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for short-term parking. The hourly rate is $3 per hour, with a maximum daily rate of $17.
2. Daily Parking: This parking lot is located adjacent to the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for a few days. The daily rate is $17 per day.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period. The economy rate is $13 per day.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The valet rate is $25 per day.
5. Cell Phone Lot: This parking lot is located near the airport entrance and is free for drivers who are waiting to pick up arriving passengers.
All parking lots at Orlando Sanford International Airport are well-lit and patrolled by airport security. Shuttle service is available from the economy parking lot to the terminal building. Travelers are advised to arrive at the airport early to allow time for parking and shuttle service.
Car Rental at Orlando Sanford International Airport
Orlando Sanford International Airport has two terminals, Terminal A and Terminal B. Terminal A is the main terminal and is used by most airlines, while Terminal B is used by Allegiant Air. Both terminals are modern and well-equipped to handle the needs of travelers.
Terminal A has two levels, with the first level being the arrivals area and the second level being the departures area. The terminal has a variety of shops, restaurants, and services, including a duty-free shop, a newsstand, and a currency exchange. There are also several lounges available for travelers who want to relax before their flight.
Terminal B is a smaller terminal that is used exclusively by Allegiant Air. It has a single level with a small selection of shops and restaurants. Despite its smaller size, the terminal is still well-equipped to handle the needs of travelers, with plenty of seating and a variety of services available.
Overall, both terminals at Orlando Sanford International Airport are modern and well-equipped to handle the needs of travelers. Whether you are arriving or departing, you can expect a smooth and efficient experience at this airport.
1. Allegiant Air
2. Surinam Airways
3. TUI Airways
4. Sun Country Airlines
7. Frontier Airlines
8. Southern Airways Express
9. Elite Airways
10. Miami Air International
11. National Airlines
12. Sunwing Airlines
13. Vision Airlines
14. World Atlantic Airlines
15. Xtra Airways.
Orlando Sanford International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
All passengers are required to pass through TSA security checkpoints before boarding their flights. This includes screening of carry-on luggage, personal items, and passengers themselves. The TSA uses advanced imaging technology and other screening methods to detect any potential threats.
In addition to TSA security, the airport has its own security team that monitors the airport and its surroundings. The team is trained to identify and respond to any suspicious activity or potential threats. The airport also has a K-9 unit that is trained to detect explosives and other dangerous materials.
Overall, Orlando Sanford International Airport takes security very seriously and is constantly reviewing and updating its protocols to ensure the safety of all who pass through its doors. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through this airport.
Orlando Sanford International Airport offers a range of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance program provides a team of friendly and knowledgeable volunteers who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. These volunteers can be found throughout the airport, wearing distinctive blue vests and ready to help with directions, flight information, and other travel-related inquiries.
In addition to the Traveler’s Assistance program, Orlando Sanford International Airport also offers a variety of accessibility services for passengers with disabilities or special needs. These services include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated TSA PreCheck lane for eligible passengers, as well as a pet relief area for travelers with service animals.
For international travelers, Orlando Sanford International Airport provides a range of customs and immigration services, including Global Entry and Automated Passport Control kiosks. The airport also has a currency exchange service and a variety of dining and shopping options to make the travel experience more enjoyable. Overall, Orlando Sanford International Airport is committed to providing exceptional traveler assistance services to ensure a seamless and comfortable travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Orlando Sanford International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– CNBC News Orlando: This shop offers a wide range of products, including electronics, books, magazines, snacks, and souvenirs.
– Hudson: Hudson is a convenience store that sells snacks, drinks, magazines, and travel essentials.
– InMotion Entertainment: This shop specializes in electronics, offering a variety of headphones, chargers, and other gadgets.
– Ron Jon Surf Shop: This shop is perfect for beach lovers, offering a variety of surf gear, clothing, and accessories.
– Stellar News: Stellar News is a newsstand that sells newspapers, magazines, snacks, and travel essentials.
– Cinnabon: This bakery offers a variety of sweet treats, including cinnamon rolls, coffee, and other baked goods.
– Dunkin’ Donuts: Dunkin’ Donuts is a popular coffee chain that offers a variety of coffee, donuts, and breakfast sandwiches.
– Nathan’s Famous: Nathan’s Famous is a hot dog chain that offers a variety of hot dogs, burgers, and fries.
– Sbarro: Sbarro is an Italian restaurant that offers pizza, pasta, and salads.
– Starbucks: Starbucks is a popular coffee chain that offers a variety of coffee, tea, and snacks.
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a full meal, Orlando Sanford International Airport has plenty of options to choose from.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Orlando Sanford International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at the airport:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the second floor of the main terminal, near the food court, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. The chapel features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a prayer rug.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the main terminal, near the Interfaith Chapel, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a compass.
3. Reflection Room – Located on the first floor of the main terminal, near the baggage claim area, the Reflection Room is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for passengers to meditate or pray. The room features comfortable seating, religious literature, and a peaceful atmosphere.
4. Catholic Mass – The airport offers a Catholic Mass every Sunday at 8:30 am in the Interfaith Chapel. All are welcome to attend.
Overall, Orlando Sanford International Airport provides several options for passengers to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. These prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and offer a peaceful atmosphere for all.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Orlando Sanford International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace options. The terminal building has a number of seating areas with power outlets, allowing passengers to charge their devices and work on their laptops or tablets. Additionally, there are several business lounges located throughout the airport, which offer comfortable seating, workstations, and complimentary refreshments.
Meeting Rooms: Orlando Sanford International Airport also has several meeting rooms available for rent, which are ideal for business travelers who need to hold meetings or conferences while on the go. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment, high-speed internet, and other amenities to ensure a productive and successful meeting.
Overall, Orlando Sanford International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of all passengers, whether they are traveling for business or leisure. With free WiFi, comfortable seating areas, business lounges, and meeting rooms, the airport is well-equipped to help passengers stay connected and productive during their travels.
Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) offers a range of comfortable lounges for travelers. The lounges are located throughout the airport and offer a variety of amenities to help make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are the lounges available at Orlando Sanford International Airport:
- United Club – located in the Main Concourse, Gate 5
- The Club at SFB – located in the Main Concourse, Gate 1
- Airspace Lounge – located in the Main Concourse, Gate 3
Accomodation Options Nearby Orlando Sanford International Airport
When it comes to finding a comfortable and convenient place to stay near Orlando Sanford International Airport, travelers have an array of accommodation options to choose from, catering to various budgets and preferences. From budget-friendly hotels to luxurious resorts, here is a list of accommodations near the airport, ensuring a seamless and restful stay.
1. Budget-friendly Options:
– Red Roof Inn Orlando North: Located just 2 miles from the airport, this affordable hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms with amenities such as free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast.
– Comfort Inn & Suites Sanford: Offering affordable rates and well-appointed rooms, this hotel provides guests with a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as amenities like a fitness center and free breakfast.
2. Mid-range Options:
– Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando-North Altamonte: Situated approximately 7 miles from the airport, this hotel provides a range of amenities including an outdoor pool, fitness center, complimentary breakfast, and a free airport shuttle.
– SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford: Just a short drive from the airport, this hotel offers spacious suites featuring separate living and sleeping areas, along with a complimentary breakfast buffet, outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center.
3. Upscale Options:
– The Westin Lake Mary, Orlando North: Nestled in the serene Lake Mary area, this upscale hotel presents luxurious rooms with plush bedding and modern amenities. Guests can enjoy access to a rooftop pool, fitness center, and on-site dining options.
– The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes: Located a bit further from the airport but well worth the commute, this lavish resort offers breathtaking views, exquisite accommodations, multiple dining options, a spa, golf courses, and access to a lazy river and pools.
Regardless of your budget or preferences, these accommodation options near Orlando Sanford International Airport aim to provide a comfortable haven to travelers before or after their flights. Make your stay in the Orlando area even more enjoyable by selecting the accommodation that suits your needs and allows you to relax and rejuvenate.
1. Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens: Located just 5 miles away from the airport, the Central Florida Zoo is a wonderful place to explore and interact with various animal species. The recently renovated botanical gardens are a visual treat for nature enthusiasts.
2. Lake Monroe Park: Situated on the banks of Lake Monroe, this spacious park offers stunning waterfront views, picnic areas, and trails. Visitors can enjoy fishing, boating, and birdwatching while soaking in the serene ambiance.
3. Seminole Towne Center: Just a short drive from the airport, Seminole Towne Center is a popular shopping destination featuring a wide variety of stores, dining options, and a modern movie theater. It provides an excellent opportunity for retail therapy or enjoyable family time.
4. Historiic Downtown Sanford: Take a step back in time and explore the charming historic district of Downtown Sanford. The brick-lined streets are lined with vintage shops, art galleries, restaurants, and breweries, offering a delightful blend of history and modern trends.
5. Central Florida Glider Rides: For those seeking a unique experience, just a few miles from the airport you can embark on a breathtaking adventure with Central Florida Glider Rides. Soar through the skies and experience the thrill of silent flight while enjoying stunning views of the surrounding landscapes.
6. Black Bear Wilderness Loop Trail: A perfect spot for nature lovers, this 7.1-mile loop trail showcases Florida’s diverse ecosystem. Wander along the boardwalks and observation towers, where you may spot alligators, eagles, otters, and other wildlife residing in their natural habitats.
7. Lake Jesup Conservation Area: Adventurers can explore the 16,000-acre Lake Jesup Conservation Area, which features hiking and cycling trails, fishing opportunities, and wildlife observation spots. It’s a fantastic place to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of Florida’s wetlands.
8. Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center: Located in Downtown Sanford, the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center offers a wide range of entertainment options, including live theater performances, concerts, and cultural events. Immerse yourself in the vibrant arts scene of the community.
9. Sanford Museum: History buffs can delve into Sanford’s past at the Sanford Museum, which houses artifacts and exhibits showcasing the city’s heritage. Learn about the pioneers, Seminole Indian culture, and the impact of industry on this small Florida city.
10. Sanford Riverwalk: Stroll along the beautifully landscaped Sanford Riverwalk, which borders the serene St. Johns River. Enjoy the scenic views or have a picnic at one of the numerous shaded areas while watching boats and wildlife pass by.
These attractions near Orlando Sanford International Airport provide visitors with a diverse range of activities, allowing them to experience the natural wonders, cultural heritage, and modern amenities that Central Florida has to offer.
History of Orlando Sanford International Airport
Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) is a public airport located in Sanford, Florida, United States. The airport was originally built as a naval air station during World War II and was later used as a training facility for the U.S. Navy until 1969. In 1970, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and was named the Sanford Airport.
In the early 1990s, the airport underwent a major expansion and renovation project, which included the construction of a new terminal building and the addition of several new airlines. In 1995, the airport was renamed Orlando Sanford International Airport to reflect its growing importance as a regional airport serving the Orlando metropolitan area.
Today, Orlando Sanford International Airport is the second busiest airport in the Orlando area, serving over 3 million passengers annually. The airport is home to several major airlines, including Allegiant Air, which operates a large number of flights to and from the airport. The airport also serves as a hub for several cargo airlines, including FedEx and UPS. With its convenient location and modern facilities, Orlando Sanford International Airport is an important transportation hub for both business and leisure travelers in the Central Florida region.
Other Airports in Florida, United States
- Bob Sikes Airport
- Cape Canaveral AFS Skid Strip
- Charlotte County Airport
- Daytona Beach International Airport
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport
- Duke Field
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Gainesville Regional Airport
- Homestead ARB Airport
- Hurlburt Field
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport
- Jacksonville International Airport
- Jacksonville Naval Air Station (Towers Field)
- Key West International Airport
- Kissimmee Gateway Airport
- Lakeland Linder International Airport
- Leesburg International Airport
- Mac Dill Air Force Base
- Melbourne Orlando International Airport
- Miami Executive Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport
- Naples Municipal Airport
- NASA Shuttle Landing Facility Airport
- Naval Air Station Key West/Boca Chica Field
- Naval Air Station Pensacola Forrest Sherman Field
- Naval Station Mayport (Admiral David L. Mcdonald Field)
- Northeast Florida Regional Airport
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Page Field
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Patrick Air Force Base
- Pensacola International Airport
- Sarasota Bradenton International Airport
- Southwest Florida International Airport
- Space Coast Regional Airport
- St Lucie County International Airport
- St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport
- Tallahassee Regional Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- The Florida Keys Marathon Airport
- Tyndall Air Force Base
- Vero Beach Regional Airport
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station – North
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station South Airport