The Ottawa/Gatineau Airport, also known as the Macdonald-Cartier International Airport, is the main airport serving the National Capital Region of Canada. It is located approximately 10 kilometers south of downtown Ottawa and serves as a hub for several major airlines, including Air Canada and WestJet. The airport offers a wide range of services and amenities, including restaurants, shops, and car rental agencies.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
Ottawa/Gatineau Airport is located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa and 30 minutes from downtown Gatineau. There are several ways to get to the airport, including public transportation, taxi, and driving.
If you’re taking public transportation, the OC Transpo bus system offers several routes that stop at the airport. Route 97 runs from downtown Ottawa to the airport, while Route 33 runs from downtown Gatineau to the airport. Both routes run frequently throughout the day.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that service the airport. You can either hail a taxi on the street or book one in advance. The cost of a taxi ride to the airport will depend on your starting location.
If you’re driving, the airport is located just off the Airport Parkway, which connects to Highway 417. There is ample parking available at the airport, including short-term and long-term options.
Overall, getting to Ottawa/Gatineau Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs.
There are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at Ottawa / Gatineau Airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and provide a convenient and comfortable way to get to your destination. The fare will depend on your destination and the time of day.
2. Ride-sharing services: Companies like Uber and Lyft operate in Ottawa / Gatineau and offer a convenient and affordable way to get around the city. Simply download the app, enter your destination, and a driver will pick you up.
3. Public transportation: The OC Transpo bus system operates throughout Ottawa and Gatineau, with several routes serving the airport. The fare is $3.65 CAD for a single ride, and you can purchase tickets at the airport or on the bus.
4. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. Renting a car gives you the freedom to explore the city at your own pace.
5. Airport shuttle: Several companies offer airport shuttle services to and from Ottawa / Gatineau Airport. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can be sure that you will arrive at your destination safely and comfortably.
1. Park’N Fly Ottawa: Located at 3600 Uplands Drive, this car park offers both indoor and outdoor parking options. It also provides a shuttle service to and from the airport.
2. Park’N Fly Gatineau: Located at 1255 Rue de la Carrière, this car park offers both indoor and outdoor parking options. It also provides a shuttle service to and from the airport.
3. Ottawa Airport Parking: Located at 1003 Airport Parkway Private, this car park offers both covered and uncovered parking options. It also provides a shuttle service to and from the airport.
4. Skyway Park: Located at 3235 Uplands Drive, this car park offers both indoor and outdoor parking options. It also provides a shuttle service to and from the airport.
5. Park2Go: Located at 2500 Airport Parkway Private, this car park offers both covered and uncovered parking options. It also provides a shuttle service to and from the airport.
6. Airport Parkade: Located at 1000 Airport Parkway Private, this car park offers covered parking options. It is located within walking distance of the airport terminal.
7. EconoParc: Located at 1003 Airport Parkway Private, this car park offers uncovered parking options. It is located within walking distance of the airport terminal.
8. Park’N Fly Express: Located at 3600 Uplands Drive, this car park offers outdoor parking options. It also provides a shuttle service to and from the airport.
Car Rental at Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Discount Car and Truck Rentals
Ottawa/Gatineau Airport is a small regional airport located in Gatineau, Quebec, just across the Ottawa River from the city of Ottawa. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights. The domestic terminal is a modern, spacious building with plenty of seating and amenities for travelers. There are several restaurants, cafes, and shops, as well as a currency exchange and ATM.
The international terminal is smaller and more basic, but still offers all the necessary services for travelers. There is a duty-free shop, a cafe, and a currency exchange. The terminal is located in a separate building from the domestic terminal, but it is still easily accessible by shuttle bus or taxi.
Both terminals are clean and well-maintained, with friendly staff and efficient security procedures. The airport is relatively quiet and easy to navigate, making it a convenient choice for travelers looking to avoid the crowds and chaos of larger airports. Overall, Ottawa/Gatineau Airport is a great option for those flying in and out of the Ottawa-Gatineau region.
- Air Canada: Canada’s leading full-service airline, offering scheduled passenger service directly to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport.
- WestJet: Canada’s low-cost airline, offering scheduled flights to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport.
- Air Transat: Canadian leisure airline offering scheduled passenger flights to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport.
- Porter Airlines: Regional airline offering scheduled flights to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport.
- Air North: Regional airline offering scheduled flights to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport.
- Canadian North: Regional airline offering scheduled flights to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport.
- Sunwing Airlines: Canadian leisure airline offering scheduled passenger flights to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport.
- Swoop: Canadian low-cost airline offering scheduled flights to Ottawa / Gatineau Airport.
Ottawa/Gatineau Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers, employees, and visitors. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
All passengers are required to pass through security screening before boarding their flights. This includes a thorough check of their carry-on luggage, as well as a full-body scan. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, will be confiscated.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport also has a number of security measures in place to protect the terminal and surrounding areas. These include CCTV cameras, security patrols, and access control systems. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure a coordinated response in the event of an emergency.
Overall, Ottawa/Gatineau Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all who pass through its doors. Passengers are encouraged to arrive early to allow time for the necessary security checks, and to follow all instructions from airport staff and security personnel.
Ottawa/Gatineau Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport provides wheelchair assistance, baggage assistance, and special assistance for passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility. The airport also offers a dedicated assistance line that passengers can call to request assistance or ask for information about the airport’s services.
Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s Meet and Greet service, which provides personalized assistance to passengers from the moment they arrive at the airport until they board their flight. The Meet and Greet service includes assistance with check-in, security screening, and boarding, as well as help with baggage and navigating the airport.
For passengers traveling with children, the airport offers a range of family-friendly services, including stroller rentals, nursing rooms, and play areas. The airport also has a variety of dining and shopping options, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal.
Overall, Ottawa/Gatineau Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel as easy and comfortable as possible for all passengers. Whether you need help with mobility, have special requirements, or are traveling with children, the airport’s dedicated assistance team is there to help.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Tim Hortons: Located in the main terminal of the Ottawa / Gatineau Airport, Tim Hortons offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, breakfast sandwiches, and snacks.
2. Booster Juice: This smoothie and juice bar is located in the main terminal and offers a variety of healthy and delicious smoothies, juices, and snacks.
3. Starbucks: Located in the main terminal, Starbucks offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, breakfast sandwiches, and snacks.
4. Burger King: Located in the main terminal, Burger King offers a variety of burgers, fries, and other fast food items.
5. Subway: Located in the main terminal, Subway offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, and other light meals.
6. The Local Public Eatery: Located in the main terminal, The Local Public Eatery offers a variety of pub-style dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
7. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Located in the main terminal, The Keg Steakhouse & Bar offers a variety of steaks, seafood, and other entrees.
8. The Flying Beaver Bar & Grill: Located in the main terminal, The Flying Beaver Bar & Grill offers a variety of pub-style dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
9. The Ottawa International Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, The Ottawa International Airport Gift Shop offers a variety of souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
10. The Ottawa International Airport Duty Free Shop: Located in the main terminal, The Ottawa International Airport Duty Free Shop offers a variety of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Ottawa/Gatineau International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and airport staff who need a quiet space for prayer and reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalators. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer and meditation.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalators. This room is exclusively for Muslim passengers and provides a space for prayer and ablution.
3. Christian Chapel – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalators. This chapel is open to all Christian denominations and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalators. This room is exclusively for Jewish passengers and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
All prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24/7 and are free to use. They are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other necessary amenities. Passengers and airport staff are encouraged to use these spaces for their spiritual needs.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Ottawa / Gatineau Airport offers several WiFi and workspace facilities for the convenience of its passengers. Here are some of the options available:
1. Free WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi to all passengers throughout the terminal building. You can connect to the network by selecting “YOW Free Wi-Fi” on your device and following the instructions.
2. Business Centre: The airport’s Business Centre is located in the Departures area and offers a range of services, including printing, scanning, and faxing. There are also workstations available for passengers who need to get some work done before their flight.
3. Lounge Areas: There are several lounge areas throughout the airport where passengers can relax and work. These areas are equipped with comfortable seating, power outlets, and free WiFi.
4. Charging Stations: The airport has multiple charging stations located throughout the terminal building, so you can keep your devices charged while you wait for your flight.
5. Meeting Rooms: For passengers who need to hold a business meeting or conference, the airport offers several meeting rooms that can be rented by the hour or day. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and high-speed internet access.
Overall, Ottawa / Gatineau Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while they travel.
- Maple Leaf Lounge – Ottawa International Airport Terminal 1: Located on the Departures Level, after security.
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Ottawa International Airport Terminal 1: Located on the Departures Level, after security.
- Maple Leaf Lounge – Ottawa International Airport Terminal 2: Located on the Departures Level, after security.
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Ottawa International Airport Terminal 2: Located on the Departures Level, after security.
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Gatineau Airport: Located on the Departures Level, after security.
Accomodation Options Nearby Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
1. Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport: Located just steps away from the Ottawa International Airport, the Hilton Garden Inn offers comfortable accommodations, a 24-hour fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
2. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Ottawa Airport: This hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle, free Wi-Fi, and a fitness center.
3. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa Airport: Located just a few minutes from the airport, this hotel offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and an indoor pool.
4. Best Western Plus Ottawa Airport Hotel & Suites: This hotel features a complimentary airport shuttle, an on-site restaurant, and a fitness center.
5. Comfort Inn Ottawa Airport: This hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle, free Wi-Fi, and a fitness center.
6. Quality Inn & Suites Ottawa Airport: This hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle, free Wi-Fi, and a fitness center.
1. Canadian Museum of History: Located just across the Ottawa River in Gatineau, this museum is the most visited in Canada and showcases the country’s rich history and culture.
2. Parliament Hill: The seat of Canada’s federal government, Parliament Hill is a must-visit attraction for anyone interested in politics or history.
3. Rideau Canal: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Rideau Canal is a 202-kilometer-long waterway that connects Ottawa to Kingston. Visitors can take a boat tour or walk along the canal’s scenic pathways.
4. National Gallery of Canada: Home to over 40,000 works of art, the National Gallery of Canada is a must-visit for art lovers. The gallery’s collection includes works by Canadian and international artists.
5. ByWard Market: Located in the heart of downtown Ottawa, the ByWard Market is a bustling outdoor market that offers a wide range of fresh produce, artisanal goods, and souvenirs.
6. Canadian War Museum: This museum tells the story of Canada’s military history, from the First World War to the present day.
7. Gatineau Park: A vast natural park located just a short drive from the airport, Gatineau Park offers hiking trails, scenic drives, and stunning views of the Ottawa River.
8. Canadian Aviation and Space Museum: This museum showcases Canada’s rich aviation history, with exhibits on everything from early flight to modern space exploration.
9. National Arts Centre: The National Arts Centre is Canada’s premier performing arts venue, hosting concerts, plays, and other cultural events throughout the year.
10. Diefenbunker: This Cold War-era bunker was built to protect Canada’s government in the event of a nuclear attack. Today, visitors can tour the bunker and learn about Canada’s role in the Cold War.
History of Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
Ottawa/Gatineau Airport, also known as the Ottawa Executive Airport, has a rich history dating back to the early 1900s. The airport was originally established as a military airfield during World War I, and it was used as a training base for Canadian pilots. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and was used for commercial flights.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to accommodate the growing number of passengers and aircraft. In the 1960s, a new terminal building was constructed, and in the 1980s, the runway was extended to accommodate larger aircraft.
Today, Ottawa/Gatineau Airport is a busy regional airport that serves both commercial and private flights. It is home to several aviation companies, including flight schools, charter companies, and maintenance facilities. The airport also plays an important role in the local economy, providing jobs and generating revenue for the surrounding communities.
Despite its growth and modernization, Ottawa/Gatineau Airport has remained committed to preserving its rich history and heritage. The airport has a museum that showcases the history of aviation in the region, and it hosts several events throughout the year to celebrate its past and present. Whether you are a history buff or a frequent traveler, Ottawa/Gatineau Airport is a fascinating destination that offers a glimpse into the past and the future of aviation.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport