Palm Beach International Airport is a major airport located in West Palm Beach, Florida. It serves as a gateway to the Palm Beaches and the surrounding areas, providing convenient access to both domestic and international destinations.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Palm Beach International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Palm Beach International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Palm Beach International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Palm Beach International Airport
- Other Airports in Florida, United States
How to Get to Palm Beach International Airport
Palm Beach International Airport is located in West Palm Beach, Florida. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from Interstate 95. Take the Belvedere Road exit and follow the signs to the airport. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that service the airport. You can find them at the ground transportation area outside of baggage claim. The cost of a taxi ride will depend on your location and the time of day.
If you are using public transportation, Palm Tran provides bus service to the airport. The Route 40 bus stops at the airport and runs from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. The cost of a one-way fare is $2.00. You can purchase tickets at the bus stop or on the bus.
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) is a major airport located in West Palm Beach, Florida. It serves millions of passengers every year, and offers a variety of transportation options to help travelers get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at PBI and can be found outside the baggage claim area. They are a convenient option for those who need to get to their destination quickly and easily.
2. Ride-sharing services: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available at PBI. Passengers can request a ride through their smartphone app and be picked up at the designated ride-sharing pickup area.
3. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at PBI, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. Passengers can rent a car and drive themselves to their destination.
4. Shuttle services: Shuttle services are available for those who prefer a more affordable option. These services typically operate on a schedule and can take passengers to and from various locations in the area.
5. Public transportation: Palm Tran, the local public transportation system, offers bus service to and from PBI. Passengers can take the Route 40 bus to get to the airport or to travel to other destinations in the area.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Palm Beach International Airport offers a variety of convenient and affordable ways to get to your destination.
Palm Beach International Airport offers several parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The hourly rate is $3, and the daily maximum is $30.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period. The daily rate is $15, and the weekly rate is $70.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a bit further from the terminal building, but a complimentary shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the terminal. It is ideal for those who are looking for an affordable parking option. The daily rate is $7, and the weekly rate is $42.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are looking for a convenient and hassle-free parking experience. The daily rate is $30, and the weekly rate is $180.
Overall, Palm Beach International Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Palm Beach International Airport
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) is a major airport located in West Palm Beach, Florida. The airport has three terminals, each with its own unique features and amenities. Terminal A is primarily used by American Airlines and its regional partners, while Terminal B is used by Delta Air Lines and its partners. Terminal C is used by all other airlines, including JetBlue, Southwest, and United.
Each terminal at PBI offers a variety of dining and shopping options, as well as comfortable seating areas and charging stations for electronic devices. Terminal A features a food court with a variety of fast food options, while Terminal B has a full-service restaurant and bar. Terminal C offers a mix of fast food and sit-down dining options, as well as a duty-free shop for international travelers.
In addition to the amenities offered in each terminal, PBI also has a variety of services available to travelers, including baggage storage, currency exchange, and a pet relief area. The airport also offers free Wi-Fi throughout the terminals, making it easy for travelers to stay connected while waiting for their flights. Overall, Palm Beach International Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers passing through the airport.
1. Air Canada
2. American Airlines
4. Delta Air Lines
5. Frontier Airlines
6. JetBlue Airways
7. Southwest Airlines
8. Spirit Airlines
9. United Airlines
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) oversees the security measures at PBI, which include screening all passengers and their belongings before they board their flights.
Passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets, and place them in bins for X-ray screening. Liquids, gels, and aerosols must be placed in a clear plastic bag and presented separately for inspection. Electronic devices, such as laptops and tablets, must also be removed from their cases and placed in a bin for screening.
In addition to these measures, PBI has implemented advanced technology to enhance security. The airport uses full-body scanners to detect any potential threats that may not be visible during a physical pat-down. The scanners use millimeter-wave technology to create a 3D image of the passenger’s body, which is then analyzed by a TSA officer.
Overall, PBI’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport works closely with the TSA to ensure that all security measures are up-to-date and effective in preventing any potential threats. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early to allow enough time for the security screening process.
Palm Beach International Airport offers a variety of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance Program provides trained volunteers who are available to assist passengers with a range of needs, including directions, wheelchair assistance, and language translation services.
The airport also offers a dedicated TSA PreCheck enrollment center, allowing passengers to expedite their security screening process. Additionally, the airport provides a variety of parking options, including valet parking and a cell phone waiting lot, to make parking and pick-up as convenient as possible.
For passengers with disabilities, Palm Beach International Airport offers a range of accessibility services, including wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also provides service animal relief areas and has a dedicated team of professionals available to assist passengers with disabilities throughout their travel experience.
Overall, Palm Beach International Airport’s Traveler’s Assistance Program is designed to provide passengers with a seamless and stress-free travel experience, with a range of services and amenities to meet the needs of all travelers.
Shops and Restaurants
Palm Beach International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– CNBC Newsstand: This shop offers a wide selection of newspapers, magazines, snacks, and travel essentials.
– Coastal News: This store offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, books, and souvenirs.
– Discover Palm Beach: This shop offers a range of Palm Beach-themed souvenirs, gifts, and apparel.
– Duty Free Americas: This store offers a selection of duty-free products, including liquor, tobacco, and fragrances.
– Hudson: This shop offers a variety of travel essentials, snacks, and souvenirs.
– Burger King: This fast-food chain offers burgers, fries, and other classic American fare.
– Einstein Bros. Bagels: This restaurant offers a variety of bagels, sandwiches, and coffee.
– Starbucks: This coffee chain offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
– Sbarro: This Italian restaurant offers pizza, pasta, and salads.
– Tropical Smoothie Cafe: This restaurant offers a variety of smoothies, sandwiches, and salads.
In addition to these options, Palm Beach International Airport also has a full-service bar, a grab-and-go market, and a sit-down restaurant. No matter what your taste buds are craving, you’re sure to find something to satisfy them at Palm Beach International Airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Palm Beach International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. These areas are located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all.
1. Interfaith Chapel: Located on the second floor of the main terminal, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for prayer and reflection. The chapel is non-denominational and welcomes people of all faiths.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the main terminal, near baggage claim. The room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Meditation Room: The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of Concourse B, near Gate B1. This room is designed for quiet reflection and meditation and is open to people of all faiths.
4. Jewish Prayer Room: The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of Concourse C, near Gate C1. The room is equipped with prayer books and a Torah scroll.
5. Christian Prayer Room: The Christian Prayer Room is located on the second floor of Concourse C, near Gate C1. The room is equipped with a Bible and other Christian literature.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open to the public and provide a peaceful space for prayer and reflection. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to use these facilities as needed.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Palm Beach International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Here are some of the key features:
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspaces: For those who need to get work done, the airport offers a variety of workspaces. There are several seating areas with power outlets and USB ports, as well as charging stations located throughout the terminal. Additionally, there are several business centers located in the airport that offer private workspaces, printing, and other business services.
Lounges: For passengers who want a more comfortable and private workspace, the airport has several lounges available. These lounges offer comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and high-speed WiFi. Some of the lounges also offer conference rooms and other business amenities.
Overall, Palm Beach International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
Palm Beach International Airport offers several lounges for travelers looking for a comfortable and private space to relax before their flight.
- Concourse A Lounge – Located on the 2nd floor of Concourse A
- The Club at PBI – Located in the main terminal, behind the security checkpoint
- Delta Sky Club – Located on the 2nd floor of Concourse B
- United Club – Located on the 2nd floor of Concourse B
Accomodation Options Nearby Palm Beach International Airport
Palm Beach International Airport, located in West Palm Beach, Florida, offers a range of accommodation options for travelers from budget-friendly to high-end luxury. Whether you have an early morning flight, a long layover, or simply want to stay close to the airport, Palm Beach International has you covered.
1. Economy Hotels:
For budget-conscious travelers, several economy hotels are situated close to the airport, providing affordable and comfortable accommodation. Options include Best Western Palm Beach Lakes Inn, Ramada by Wyndham West Palm Beach Airport, and Red Roof Inn West Palm Beach.
2. Mid-Range Hotels:
If you prefer a slightly higher level of comfort without breaking the bank, there are numerous mid-range hotel options in the vicinity of the airport. These include Courtyard by Marriott West Palm Beach Airport, Holiday Inn Palm Beach Airport, and Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport.
3. Extended-Stay Hotels:
For those in need of longer-term accommodation, Palm Beach International Airport offers convenient extended-stay hotels. Properties such as Residence Inn West Palm Beach Airport and Homewood Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Airport are popular choices as they offer spacious rooms, fully-equipped kitchens, and additional amenities for an extended stay.
4. Upscale Hotels:
If luxury is what you seek, several upscale hotels near the airport provide top-tier amenities and services. These hotels offer elegance, comfort, and a wide range of leisure facilities. Notable options include The Ben West Palm, Marriott West Palm Beach, and Hilton West Palm Beach.
For a truly lavish experience, Palm Beach International Airport boasts a selection of world-class beachfront resorts. These exclusive properties offer stunning views, fine dining options, spa services, and private beach access. Some renowned resorts include The Breakers Palm Beach, Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, and Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach.
6. Vacation Rentals:
Alternatively, if you prefer a more home-like atmosphere for your stay, vacation rentals near Palm Beach International Airport can be a great option. Websites like Airbnb and Vrbo offer a wide array of rental choices ranging from private apartments to luxurious beachfront villas.
When considering accommodations at Palm Beach International Airport, it is important to take into account your personal preferences, budget, and desired level of comfort. The range of options ensures that every traveler can find suitable accommodation before or after their flight, making their stay in the West Palm Beach area both convenient and enjoyable.
1. Palm Beach Outlets: Located just 3 miles from Palm Beach International Airport, the Palm Beach Outlets is a premier shopping destination offering a wide range of popular brands at discounted prices. Shopaholics will be delighted by the variety of stores and the great deals available.
2. Cruzan Amphitheatre: As one of South Florida’s premier music venues, Cruzan Amphitheatre hosts numerous concerts and live performances year-round. Just a short drive from the airport, it offers a fantastic opportunity to catch a concert by your favorite artist or band.
3. Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society: Situated less than 5 miles away, the Palm Beach Zoo is a must-visit for wildlife enthusiasts and families alike. Explore the diverse animal exhibits, enjoy educational presentations, and participate in interactive experiences, all while supporting conservation efforts.
4. South Florida Science Center and Aquarium: Conveniently located near the airport, the South Florida Science Center provides an engaging and educational experience for visitors of all ages. From interactive exhibits to a planetarium, this center offers a range of exciting activities focusing on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
5. Mounts Botanical Garden: Approximately 6 miles away from the airport, Mounts Botanical Garden is a stunning oasis exhibiting a diverse collection of tropical and subtropical plants. Stroll through lush gardens, learn about horticulture, and admire the beautiful scenery.
6. Lake Okeechobee: For nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts, Lake Okeechobee, just a short distance from Palm Beach International Airport, offers scenic beauty, boating opportunities, and world-class fishing. Embark on an adventure and indulge in various recreational activities in this expansive freshwater lake.
7. Palm Beach Maritime Museum: Located in North Palm Beach, this museum showcases the maritime heritage of Palm Beach County. Visitors can explore the rich history of the area through exhibits, shipwreck artifacts, and interactive displays, making it a fascinating destination for history buffs.
8. Rapids Water Park: Beat the Florida heat and have a thrilling day at Rapids Water Park, situated approximately 8 miles from the airport. With exhilarating water slides, wave pools, lazy rivers, and plenty of family-friendly attractions, it’s the perfect place to cool off and have some fun.
9. Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum: A short drive north of the airport brings you to the historic Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse. Climb to the top for breathtaking views of the ocean and Intracoastal Waterway, or explore the museum to learn about the area’s maritime heritage and nature conservation.
10. Palm Beach International Raceway: Motorsport fans will appreciate the Palm Beach International Raceway, located just minutes away from the airport. With drag racing events, road course races, and thrilling driving experiences, this raceway provides excitement and entertainment for both spectators and enthusiasts.
History of Palm Beach International Airport
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) is located in West Palm Beach, Florida, and serves as the primary airport for Palm Beach County. The airport was originally built in 1936 as Morrison Field, a military airfield used during World War II. After the war, the airfield was turned over to the county and renamed Palm Beach International Airport in 1948.
Throughout the years, PBI has undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines. In 1988, a new terminal was built, which included additional gates, restaurants, and shops. In 2015, a new rental car center was opened, making it easier for travelers to rent and return cars.
Today, PBI is a bustling airport that serves over 7 million passengers annually. It offers non-stop flights to over 30 destinations, including New York, Chicago, and Atlanta. The airport is also home to several airlines, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and JetBlue Airways. With its convenient location and modern facilities, Palm Beach International Airport continues to be a popular choice for travelers visiting South Florida.
Other Airports in Florida, United States
- Bob Sikes Airport
- Cape Canaveral AFS Skid Strip
- Charlotte County Airport
- Daytona Beach International Airport
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport
- Duke Field
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Gainesville Regional Airport
- Homestead ARB Airport
- Hurlburt Field
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport
- Jacksonville International Airport
- Jacksonville Naval Air Station (Towers Field)
- Key West International Airport
- Kissimmee Gateway Airport
- Lakeland Linder International Airport
- Leesburg International Airport
- Mac Dill Air Force Base
- Melbourne Orlando International Airport
- Miami Executive Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport
- Naples Municipal Airport
- NASA Shuttle Landing Facility Airport
- Naval Air Station Key West/Boca Chica Field
- Naval Air Station Pensacola Forrest Sherman Field
- Naval Station Mayport (Admiral David L. Mcdonald Field)
- Northeast Florida Regional Airport
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Page Field
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Patrick Air Force Base
- Pensacola International Airport
- Sarasota Bradenton International Airport
- Southwest Florida International Airport
- Space Coast Regional Airport
- St Lucie County International Airport
- St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport
- Tallahassee Regional Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- The Florida Keys Marathon Airport
- Tyndall Air Force Base
- Vero Beach Regional Airport
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station – North
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station South Airport