Palma de Mallorca Airport is the third largest airport in Spain and is located on the island of Mallorca. It serves as a major hub for tourists visiting the Balearic Islands and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Palma de Mallorca Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Palma de Mallorca Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Palma de Mallorca Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Palma de Mallorca Airport
- Other Airports in Baleares, Spain
How to Get to Palma de Mallorca Airport
Palma de Mallorca Airport is the main airport serving the island of Mallorca, Spain. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and preferences.
If you are staying in Palma de Mallorca, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and the journey to the airport takes around 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.
Another option is to take the bus. The number 1 bus runs from the city center to the airport every 15 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes at night. The journey takes around 30 minutes and the fare is very affordable.
If you are driving, the airport is well signposted and easy to find. There are several car parks at the airport, including a long-stay car park for those who need to leave their car for an extended period of time.
Overall, getting to Palma de Mallorca Airport is straightforward and hassle-free, with several options available to suit your needs and budget.
Palma de Mallorca Airport is the third-largest airport in Spain and serves millions of passengers every year. If you’re planning a trip to Mallorca, it’s essential to know your transportation options to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular Palma de Mallorca Airport transportation options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal, and the journey to the city center takes around 20 minutes. The fare is metered, and the cost is approximately €25-€30.
2. Bus: The airport is well-connected to the city center by public buses. The number 1 bus runs every 15 minutes, and the journey takes around 30 minutes. The fare is €5, and tickets can be purchased from the driver.
3. Shuttle: Shuttle services are available from the airport to various destinations on the island. These services are pre-booked, and the cost varies depending on the destination.
4. Car rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, several car rental companies operate from the airport. The rental desks are located in the arrivals hall, and the rates vary depending on the type of car and the rental period.
5. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available from the airport to your hotel or destination. These services are pre-booked, and the cost varies depending on the destination and the number of passengers.
In conclusion, Palma de Mallorca Airport offers several transportation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Whether you prefer to take a taxi, bus, shuttle, rent a car, or book a private transfer, you can easily reach your destination from the airport.
Palma de Mallorca Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. General Parking: This is the main car park located directly in front of the terminal building. It offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces and is suitable for short and long-term stays.
2. Express Parking: This car park is located just a few steps away from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a short period of time. It offers covered parking spaces and is perfect for dropping off or picking up passengers.
3. VIP Parking: This is a premium car park located close to the terminal building and offers covered parking spaces. It is ideal for those who want to park their car in a secure and convenient location.
4. Long-stay Parking: This car park is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. It offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces and is connected to the terminal building by a free shuttle bus service.
5. Motorcycle Parking: This is a dedicated parking area for motorcycles located near the terminal building. It offers both covered and uncovered parking spaces and is suitable for short and long-term stays.
Overall, Palma de Mallorca Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to park for a short period of time or for an extended stay, there is a car park to suit your needs.
Car Rental at Palma de Mallorca Airport
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Car Rental
Palma de Mallorca Airport, also known as Son Sant Joan Airport, is the third largest airport in Spain and serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destination of Mallorca. The airport has four terminals, each with its own unique features and services.
Terminal A is the main terminal and handles the majority of the airport’s traffic. It is divided into two levels, with the ground floor dedicated to arrivals and the upper level for departures. The terminal offers a wide range of services, including shops, restaurants, and duty-free stores.
Terminal B is primarily used for flights to and from the United Kingdom and Ireland. It is a smaller terminal than Terminal A, but still offers a variety of amenities, including a VIP lounge and a selection of shops and restaurants.
Terminal C is used for flights to and from non-Schengen countries, such as the United States and Canada. It is a modern terminal with state-of-the-art facilities, including a duty-free store, a VIP lounge, and a variety of restaurants and cafes.
Finally, Terminal D is used for private and charter flights. It is a small terminal with basic facilities, including a lounge and a small selection of shops and restaurants.
Overall, Palma de Mallorca Airport’s terminals offer a range of services and amenities to meet the needs of all travelers, whether they are arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Air Europa
3. Vueling Airlines
6. TUI Airways
7. Norwegian Air Shuttle
9. Wizz Air
11. British Airways
13. Swiss International Air Lines
14. SAS Scandinavian Airlines
16. Aer Lingus
17. Iberia Express
21. Air Berlin
23. Thomas Cook Airlines
25. Turkish Airlines
26. Austrian Airlines
27. Brussels Airlines
28. Air Malta
29. Czech Airlines
30. LOT Polish Airlines.
Palma de Mallorca Airport is one of the busiest airports in Spain, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
The airport security protocols include a range of measures such as baggage screening, body scanners, and metal detectors. All passengers are required to pass through these security checks before boarding their flights. In addition, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises and respond to any security threats.
The airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items, which includes weapons, explosives, and liquids over 100ml. Passengers are advised to check the list of prohibited items before packing their bags to avoid any inconvenience at the security checkpoint.
Overall, Palma de Mallorca Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport well in advance of their flight to allow sufficient time for security checks.
Palma de Mallorca Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport has a dedicated team of staff who are available to assist passengers with disabilities, reduced mobility, or special needs. These services include wheelchair assistance, special boarding arrangements, and assistance with baggage.
Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s VIP lounge, which offers a comfortable and relaxing environment with complimentary food and drinks, free Wi-Fi, and a range of other amenities. The lounge is open to all passengers, regardless of airline or class of travel, and can be accessed for a fee.
In addition, Palma de Mallorca Airport has a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as currency exchange and ATM facilities, to cater to the needs of travelers. The airport also offers a range of car rental services, making it easy for passengers to explore the island at their own pace. Overall, Palma de Mallorca Airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Palma de Mallorca Airport is a bustling hub of activity, with a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or some last-minute shopping, you’ll find everything you need at this airport.
1. Duty-Free: This shop offers a wide range of products, including cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol, and tobacco. You can also find souvenirs and gifts to take back home.
2. Mango: This popular fashion brand offers a range of clothing, shoes, and accessories for men, women, and children.
3. Swarovski: This luxury brand offers a range of jewelry, watches, and accessories that are perfect for gifts or as a treat for yourself.
4. Desigual: This Spanish fashion brand offers a range of colorful and unique clothing, accessories, and home decor items.
5. Victoria’s Secret: This popular lingerie and beauty brand offers a range of products, including bras, panties, sleepwear, and fragrances.
1. Burger King: This fast-food chain offers a range of burgers, fries, and other snacks that are perfect for a quick bite on the go.
2. Starbucks: This popular coffee chain offers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as snacks and sandwiches.
3. Caffè Ritazza: This Italian coffee chain offers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as sandwiches and pastries.
4. La Pausa: This restaurant offers a range of Mediterranean and international dishes, as well as a selection of wines and cocktails.
5. Subway: This sandwich chain offers a range of freshly made sandwiches, salads, and snacks that are perfect for a quick and healthy meal.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Palma de Mallorca Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at the airport:
1. Chapel: The airport chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is accessible to passengers of all faiths. The chapel provides a peaceful environment for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim prayer room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities. The prayer room is available for both men and women.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The multi-faith prayer room is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the boarding gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is designed to accommodate passengers of different faiths. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other facilities to support different religious practices.
Overall, Palma de Mallorca Airport provides passengers with a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to their spiritual needs. These spaces offer a peaceful and quiet environment for passengers to practice their faith or seek a moment of reflection and meditation before their flight.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Palma de Mallorca Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspaces equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets. These workspaces are located in various areas of the terminal, including the VIP lounge, the airport hotel, and the business center.
Business Center: The airport’s business center provides a range of services, including printing, scanning, and photocopying facilities, as well as meeting rooms and conference facilities. These services are available for a fee and can be booked in advance.
VIP Lounge: The airport’s VIP lounge offers a comfortable and quiet space for passengers to relax, work, or enjoy a snack or drink. The lounge is equipped with free WiFi, workstations, and comfortable seating, as well as a range of complimentary snacks and beverages.
Airport Hotel: For passengers who need to stay overnight at the airport, the airport hotel offers comfortable rooms equipped with free WiFi, work desks, and other amenities. The hotel also provides meeting rooms and conference facilities for business travelers.
Overall, Palma de Mallorca Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable.
Palma de Mallorca Airport offers a selection of lounges to choose from, located across the airport terminal building. Here are the available lounges and their locations:
- Salon VIP Internacional (Air Nostrum) – Level 1, Hall 2
- Salon VIP Internacional (Vueling) – Level 1, Hall 3
- Salon Saphir (Air Europa) – Level 1, Hall 4
- La Sala (Iberia) – Level 1, Hall 6
- Salon VIP (Air Europa) (Temporary) – Level 2, Hall 4
- Salon VIP (Vueling) (Temporary) – Level 2, Hall 5
Accomodation Options Nearby Palma de Mallorca Airport
Palma de Mallorca Airport, located on the beautiful island of Mallorca in Spain, offers a range of accommodation options catering to various preferences and budgets. Whether you are seeking budget-friendly stays or luxurious experiences, here are the accommodation options available at Palma de Mallorca Airport:
1. Budget Hotels: For travelers on a tight budget, there are several affordable hotels near the airport that provide comfortable rooms and basic amenities. These budget-friendly options often include well-known brands such as IBIS Budget, Hotel Amic Miraflores, and BQ Amfora Beach Hotel.
2. Mid-Range Hotels: If you are looking for slightly more comfort and amenities, mid-range hotels are a great choice. These establishments offer a balance between affordability and comfort. Some popular mid-range options near the airport include Hotel Lemar, Hotel Helios Mallorca, and Hotel Riu Bravo.
3. Airport Hotels: To enjoy the convenience of being closest to the airport, there are various hotels located on-site or within walking distance. These hotels are perfect for travelers with early morning or late-night flights. Some notable airport hotels include Hotel Java, Hotel Roc Leo, and Hotel Java Sea Club.
4. Luxury Resorts: For those seeking a more extravagant experience, there are several luxury resorts situated in Palma de Mallorca. These resorts boast stunning surroundings, upscale facilities, and impeccable service. Among the options are the luxurious St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Gran Meliá de Mar, and Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel.
5. Boutique Hotels: Mallorca offers charming boutique hotels that provide personalized service and unique ambiance. These establishments often boast boutique design, impeccable attention to detail, and a more intimate atmosphere. Some notable boutique hotels in the vicinity include Boutique Hotel Posada Terra Santa, Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden, and Hotel Cort.
6. Rental Apartments: Another accommodation option available in Palma de Mallorca Airport’s vicinity is rental apartments. These can be a great choice for longer stays or families looking for a home-like experience. Companies such as Airbnb and Booking.com offer a wide variety of apartments to choose from.
By offering an extensive range of accommodation options, Palma de Mallorca Airport ensures that travelers of all budgets can find a suitable place to stay. Whether you opt for budget hotels, mid-range options, on-site airport hotels, luxury resorts, boutique hotels, or rental apartments, a comfortable and enjoyable stay near the airport is guaranteed.
1. Palma Aquarium – Located just a short drive from the airport, Palma Aquarium is a fascinating attraction that offers visitors the opportunity to explore the wonders of the underwater world. With a variety of marine species, interactive exhibits, and even the chance to swim with sharks, it is a must-visit for both adults and children.
2. Aqualand El Arenal – This popular water park is situated near the airport and promises a fun-filled day for the whole family. Offering thrilling water slides, wave pools, and even a dedicated area for younger children, Aqualand El Arenal guarantees hours of entertainment and excitement.
3. Playa de Palma – Just a stone’s throw away from the airport, Playa de Palma is a vibrant beach that stretches along the coast. With its golden sand, crystal-clear waters, and an array of beachside bars and restaurants, it is the perfect spot to relax, sunbathe, and soak up the Mediterranean atmosphere.
4. Palma city center – Explore the lively city center of Palma, which is conveniently close to the airport. Admire the stunning Palma Cathedral, stroll through the charming Old Town’s narrow streets, visit the historic Almudaina Palace, and indulge in some retail therapy at the trendy shops and upscale boutiques.
5. Bellver Castle – Situated on a hill overlooking Palma, Bellver Castle is a unique circular fortress that dates back to the 14th century. Explore its impressive halls, towers, and courtyards, and enjoy panoramic views of the city and surrounding landscape from its vantage point.
6. Western Water Park – Located a short distance from the airport, Western Water Park is a Wild West-themed water park that offers an exhilarating experience for thrill-seekers. Enjoy a range of adrenaline-pumping rides, performances, and themed areas that transport visitors to the era of cowboys and outlaws.
7. Purobeach Palma – If you’re in the mood for relaxation, head to Purobeach Palma, a stylish beach club famous for its luxurious atmosphere and chill-out vibe. Lounge by the pool, savor delicious cocktails, enjoy live music, and indulge in a massage or beauty treatment for the ultimate pampering experience.
8. Golf Son Gual – Golf enthusiasts will be delighted by the close proximity of Golf Son Gual to the airport. This prestigious golf course offers a challenging layout, beautiful surroundings, and exceptional facilities that attract professionals and amateurs alike.
9. Mallorca Fashion Outlet – Shopaholics will enjoy a visit to the Mallorca Fashion Outlet, located within a short drive of the airport. Discover a wide range of national and international fashion brands, as well as home decor, sportswear, and accessories, all at discounted prices.
10. Marineland Mallorca – Another fantastic family attraction near the airport is Marineland Mallorca. Admire spectacular dolphin and sea lion shows, get up close to penguins and exotic birds, and cool off in the water park area with slides and pools, ensuring a memorable day out for everyone.
History of Palma de Mallorca Airport
Palma de Mallorca Airport, also known as Son Sant Joan Airport, is the third largest airport in Spain and the main airport serving the Balearic Islands. The airport is located just 8 km east of Palma, the capital city of Mallorca. The airport was first opened in 1960 and has since undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers.
In the early years, the airport was mainly used for domestic flights within Spain. However, with the rise of tourism in the 1970s, the airport began to see an increase in international flights. In 1997, a new terminal was opened to handle the growing number of passengers, and in 2016, a new control tower was built to improve air traffic control.
Today, Palma de Mallorca Airport is a major hub for tourism in the Mediterranean, serving over 29 million passengers annually. The airport has connections to over 150 destinations worldwide, including major cities in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East. The airport is also a popular destination for private jets and has a dedicated terminal for VIP passengers. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Palma de Mallorca Airport continues to play a vital role in the tourism industry of the Balearic Islands.
Other Airports in Baleares, Spain