Peawanuck Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation link for the community, providing access to essential goods and services, as well as connecting residents to larger cities and towns in the region. Despite its small size, the airport plays an important role in the daily life of Peawanuck and the surrounding area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Peawanuck Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Peawanuck Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Peawanuck Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Peawanuck Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Peawanuck Airport
Peawanuck Airport is located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. The airport is only accessible by air or by winter road during the winter months. There are no roads leading to Peawanuck, so the only way to get there is by plane.
To get to Peawanuck Airport, you will need to book a flight with one of the airlines that service the airport. These airlines include Air Creebec and Wasaya Airways. Flights depart from several cities in Ontario, including Thunder Bay, Timmins, and Moosonee.
Once you arrive at Peawanuck Airport, you can take a taxi or arrange for a shuttle service to take you to your final destination. It is important to note that Peawanuck is a remote community, so transportation options may be limited. It is recommended that you make arrangements in advance to ensure that you have a ride waiting for you when you arrive.
Overall, getting to Peawanuck Airport requires a bit of planning and coordination, but it is the only way to access this remote community. By booking a flight with one of the airlines that service the airport and arranging for transportation in advance, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey.
Peawanuck Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario. While there are limited transportation options available, there are a few ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Car Rental: There are no car rental agencies located in Peawanuck, but there are options in nearby communities such as Moosonee or Attawapiskat. Renting a car can be a convenient way to get around the area and to and from the airport.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available in Peawanuck and can be arranged to pick you up from the airport. It is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and lodges in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Check with your accommodation provider to see if this is an option.
4. Private Transportation: Private transportation companies can also be arranged to pick you up from the airport. This option may be more expensive but can provide a more personalized and convenient experience.
It is important to note that Peawanuck Airport is only accessible by air and there are no road connections to the airport. Plan accordingly and book transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free trip.
Peawanuck Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. The airport offers limited car parking options for travelers who need to leave their vehicles while they fly.
The airport has a small parking lot located directly in front of the terminal building. This lot offers free parking for all airport users, including passengers, visitors, and staff. The lot is small and can only accommodate a limited number of vehicles, so travelers are advised to arrive early to secure a parking spot.
In addition to the main parking lot, there are also a few designated parking spots for people with disabilities. These spots are located close to the terminal building and are clearly marked with signage.
Overall, while Peawanuck Airport does offer some car parking options, travelers should be aware that the airport is located in a remote area and parking availability may be limited. It is recommended that travelers plan ahead and arrive early to ensure they can find a parking spot before their flight.
Car Rental at Peawanuck Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Alamo Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Peawanuck Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both arrivals and departures. The terminal is a simple, single-story structure that offers basic amenities to passengers.
Inside the terminal, passengers can find a waiting area with seating, a small check-in counter, and a washroom. There is also a small snack bar that offers a limited selection of food and drinks. The terminal is staffed by friendly and helpful airport personnel who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have.
Despite its small size, Peawanuck Airport plays an important role in connecting the remote community of Peawanuck to the rest of the world. The airport serves as a vital link for residents who need to travel for medical appointments, business, or personal reasons. The terminal provides a comfortable and convenient space for passengers to wait for their flights and offers a warm welcome to visitors arriving in the community.
- Peawanuck Airport (YPO) is serviced by Wasaya Airways and Bearskin Airlines, both of which offer regularly scheduled flights.
- Wasaya Airways offers direct flights to Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout, and other destinations in the region.
- Bearskin Airlines offers direct flights to Sudbury, Timmins, and other destinations in the region.
- Both Wasaya Airways and Bearskin Airlines offer connecting flights to other destinations in Canada.
Peawanuck Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport takes security very seriously. All passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding any flights. This includes a thorough check of carry-on luggage, as well as a full-body scan for each passenger.
In addition to these measures, Peawanuck Airport also has a strict policy on who is allowed access to the airport grounds. Only authorized personnel are permitted to enter the airport, and all visitors must be accompanied by an authorized individual. This helps to ensure that only those who have a legitimate reason to be at the airport are allowed in.
Overall, Peawanuck Airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. While these measures may seem strict, they are necessary to prevent any potential threats from entering the airport and causing harm. As such, all passengers are encouraged to cooperate fully with airport security personnel to ensure a smooth and safe travel experience.
Peawanuck Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. Due to its location, the airport provides limited services to travelers. However, the airport does offer traveler’s assistance to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free experience.
The traveler’s assistance program at Peawanuck Airport includes a range of services such as baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and transportation to and from the airport. The airport staff is trained to provide personalized assistance to passengers with disabilities or special needs. They are also available to answer any questions or concerns that travelers may have.
In addition, the airport provides a waiting area for passengers with comfortable seating and free Wi-Fi. The waiting area is equipped with vending machines and washroom facilities. Passengers can relax and wait for their flight in a comfortable and safe environment.
Overall, Peawanuck Airport’s traveler’s assistance program is designed to provide a hassle-free experience for passengers. The airport staff is dedicated to ensuring that travelers have a comfortable and stress-free journey. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Peawanuck Airport’s traveler’s assistance program is there to help you every step of the way.
Shops and Restaurants
Peawanuck Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
– Peawanuck Airport Gift Shop: Offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
– Peawanuck Airport Duty Free: Offers a selection of duty-free items such as alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
– Peawanuck Airport Café: Offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and drinks.
– Peawanuck Airport Bar & Grill: Offers a selection of pub-style meals and drinks.
– Peawanuck Airport Pizza: Offers a selection of freshly-made pizzas, sides, and drinks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Peawanuck Airport offers travelers a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate their spiritual needs.
1. The Airport Chapel: Located in the main terminal, the Airport Chapel provides a tranquil space for meditation and prayer. The chapel is open to all travelers and is outfitted with chairs and a podium.
2. The Interfaith Prayer Room: Located in the main terminal, the Interfaith Prayer Room provides a peaceful atmosphere for travelers of any faith. This room is equipped with chairs, tables and prayer mats.
3. The Meditation Room: Located in the main terminal, the Meditation Room offers travelers a space for quiet contemplation. This room is equipped with comfortable chairs and a variety of spiritual images and artifacts.
4. The Jewish Prayer Room: Located in the main terminal, the Jewish Prayer Room is designed to accommodate travelers of the Jewish faith. This room is equipped with chairs, a podium and a Torah.
5. The Islamic Prayer Room: Located in the main terminal, the Islamic Prayer Room is designed to accommodate travelers of the Islamic faith. This room is equipped with chairs, a podium and a Qur’an.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas provide travelers with a place of peace and reflection during their travels.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Peawanuck Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size and location, the airport offers a few amenities to make travel more comfortable for its passengers.
WiFi: Peawanuck Airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. The airport’s WiFi network is reliable and fast, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flight.
Workspace Facilities: Peawanuck Airport does not have a dedicated workspace area for passengers. However, there are a few seating areas with tables and chairs where passengers can work on their laptops or read a book. The airport also has a small waiting area with comfortable chairs and a television, providing a relaxing atmosphere for passengers.
Overall, Peawanuck Airport may not have extensive amenities, but it offers free WiFi and comfortable seating areas for passengers to work or relax while waiting for their flight.
- Lounge at Peawanuck Airport: Located on the 2nd Floor of the Terminal Building
- Lounge at the Intercontinental Hotel: Located adjacent to the airport, within walking distance
- Lounge at the Peawanuck Airport Hotel: Located in the Airport Hotel, a short drive away
Accomodation Options Nearby Peawanuck Airport
1. Peawanuck Airport Lodge: Located just a few steps away from the airport, this lodge offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms, a restaurant, and a lounge.
2. Peawanuck Inn: This inn is located in the nearby town of Peawanuck and offers a variety of rooms, including single rooms, double rooms, and family rooms.
3. Peawanuck Campground: This campground is located just a few kilometers away from the airport and offers tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
4. Peawanuck Hotel: This hotel is located in the nearby town of Peawanuck and offers a variety of rooms, including single rooms, double rooms, and family rooms.
5. Peawanuck Bed & Breakfast: This bed & breakfast is located in the nearby town of Peawanuck and offers a variety of rooms, including single rooms, double rooms, and family rooms.
Peawanuck Airport is located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. Despite its isolated location, there are several attractions near the airport that visitors can explore.
1. Winisk River: The Winisk River is a popular spot for fishing and canoeing. Visitors can take a guided tour down the river and experience the beautiful scenery and wildlife.
2. Polar Bear Provincial Park: This park is located about 100 km north of Peawanuck and is home to a large population of polar bears. Visitors can take a guided tour to see these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
3. The Hudson Bay: The Hudson Bay is located just a few kilometers from the airport and is a great spot for fishing and boating. Visitors can also take a guided tour to learn about the history of the area and the indigenous people who have lived here for thousands of years.
4. Peawanuck Wildlife Sanctuary: This sanctuary is located just a few kilometers from the airport and is home to a variety of wildlife, including moose, caribou, and black bears. Visitors can take a guided tour to learn about the animals and their habitat.
5. Northern Lights: Peawanuck is located in the perfect spot to view the Northern Lights. Visitors can take a guided tour to see this natural phenomenon and learn about the science behind it.
Overall, Peawanuck Airport may be located in a remote area, but there are plenty of attractions nearby that visitors can explore and enjoy.
History of Peawanuck Airport
Peawanuck Airport is a small airport located in the remote community of Peawanuck, Ontario, Canada. The airport was built in the 1960s to provide air transportation to the community, which is only accessible by air or by winter road. The airport is owned and operated by the Government of Ontario, and is managed by the Ministry of Transportation.
The airport has a single runway, which is 3,000 feet long and 75 feet wide. The runway is made of gravel, and is capable of handling small aircraft such as the Cessna 172 and the De Havilland Beaver. The airport also has a small terminal building, which provides basic amenities such as washrooms and a waiting area for passengers.
Over the years, the airport has played an important role in the development of the community of Peawanuck. It has provided a vital link to the outside world, allowing residents to access essential services such as medical care and supplies. The airport has also been used for search and rescue operations, and has played a key role in responding to emergencies in the community.
Today, Peawanuck Airport continues to serve the community of Peawanuck, providing a vital link to the outside world. While the airport may be small, it plays an important role in the lives of the people who call Peawanuck home.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport