Penticton Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a hub for commercial flights, private aircraft, and general aviation activities in the Okanagan Valley region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Penticton Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Penticton Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Penticton Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Penticton Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Penticton Airport
Penticton Airport is located in the south-central region of British Columbia, Canada. It is easily accessible by car, taxi, or shuttle service. If you are driving, take Highway 97 and turn onto Airport Road. The airport is located just a few minutes away from the city center.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Penticton that offer airport transportation services. You can book a taxi in advance or hail one on the street. The ride from the city center to the airport takes about 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic.
Another option is to take a shuttle service. There are several shuttle companies that offer transportation to and from the airport. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance. The shuttle will pick you up from your hotel or residence and drop you off at the airport.
Overall, getting to Penticton Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you choose to drive, take a taxi, or use a shuttle service, you can expect a quick and hassle-free journey.
Penticton Airport is a small regional airport located in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada. While it may not have as many transportation options as larger airports, there are still several ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal and can take you to your destination in Penticton or the surrounding area. The fare will depend on your destination and the time of day.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have desks inside the airport terminal, including Budget, Enterprise, and National. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan to explore the area or have a lot of luggage.
3. Shuttle service: There are several shuttle services that operate between Penticton Airport and various destinations in the Okanagan Valley. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
4. Public transportation: The Penticton Transit System operates several bus routes that stop at the airport. However, these buses may not be convenient if you have a lot of luggage or are traveling outside of regular business hours.
5. Private car service: If you prefer a more luxurious option, there are several private car services that operate in the area. These services can be booked in advance and will pick you up at the airport and take you to your destination in style.
No matter which transportation option you choose, be sure to plan ahead and book in advance if possible to ensure a smooth and stress-free trip to and from Penticton Airport.
Penticton Airport offers convenient and affordable parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options available at Penticton Airport and where they are located:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The first 15 minutes of parking are free, and the hourly rate is $2.50.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to park for an extended period. The daily rate is $12, and the weekly rate is $60.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a bit further from the terminal building, but it offers the most affordable parking rates. The daily rate is $8, and the weekly rate is $40.
All parking lots at Penticton Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras for your safety and peace of mind. Payment can be made using cash or credit card at the parking kiosks located in each parking lot.
Car Rental at Penticton Airport
- Thrifty Car Rental Penticton Airport
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals Penticton Airport
- Avis Car Rental Penticton Airport
- Budget Car Rental Penticton Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Penticton Airport
- Hertz Penticton Airport
- National Car Rental Penticton Airport
Penticton Airport Terminals is a small regional airport located in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with a waiting area, check-in counters, and a baggage claim area. The international terminal is slightly larger and has additional facilities such as customs and immigration services.
The airport offers flights to several destinations within Canada, including Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. It also offers seasonal flights to destinations such as Toronto and Las Vegas. The airport is served by several airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Flair Airlines.
Penticton Airport Terminals is a convenient and efficient airport for travelers looking to visit the Okanagan Valley region of British Columbia. The airport is located just a few minutes from downtown Penticton and offers easy access to popular tourist destinations such as Okanagan Lake and the Naramata Bench wineries. The airport is also equipped with modern facilities and amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a gift shop.
- Air Canada Express provides service from Penticton Airport to Calgary and Vancouver.
- Central Mountain Air (CMA) offers direct flights to Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
- Pacific Coastal Airlines offers non-stop flights to Vancouver.
- WestJet provides service to Calgary and Edmonton.
- Flair Airlines offers direct flights to Edmonton.
Penticton Airport is a small regional airport located in British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and the airport itself.
One of the key security measures at Penticton Airport is the use of security screening checkpoints. All passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This includes the use of X-ray machines and metal detectors to detect any prohibited items such as weapons or explosives. In addition, passengers may be subject to random searches of their checked luggage.
Another important security protocol at Penticton Airport is the use of security cameras. The airport has a network of cameras that monitor all areas of the airport, including the terminal, parking lots, and runways. These cameras are monitored by trained security personnel who can quickly respond to any suspicious activity.
Penticton Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of the airport and its passengers. This includes regular patrols by police officers and the use of K-9 units to detect any potential threats.
Overall, Penticton Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of everyone who uses the airport. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through Penticton Airport.
Penticton Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to provide assistance with everything from baggage handling to flight information and directions.
For travelers with mobility issues, Penticton Airport offers wheelchair assistance and accessible facilities throughout the terminal. The airport also provides a range of services for travelers with special needs, including assistance with boarding and deplaning, as well as special seating arrangements.
In addition to these services, Penticton Airport also offers a range of amenities to make your travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable. These include free Wi-Fi, a selection of dining and shopping options, and comfortable seating areas throughout the terminal. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Penticton Airport is committed to providing the highest level of traveler’s assistance to ensure a stress-free and enjoyable travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Penticton Airport Café: Located in the main terminal, this café offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
2. The Penticton Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, this gift shop offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
3. The Penticton Airport Newsstand: Located in the main terminal, this newsstand offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, and books.
4. The Penticton Airport Duty Free Store: Located in the main terminal, this store offers a selection of duty-free items such as liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
5. The Penticton Airport Bar & Grill: Located in the main terminal, this bar and grill offers a selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
The Penticton Airport in British Columbia, Canada, provides a variety of prayer and worship areas for travelers.
The airport has a multi-faith prayer room located on the second floor of the pre-boarding area. The room is equipped with a selection of religious literature and prayer mats for travelers of all faiths to use.
The airport also has an interfaith chapel located on the second floor of the pre-boarding area. The chapel is a quiet and peaceful place of worship, with seating for up to 30 people. It includes a variety of religious artifacts and literature, and is open to all.
The airport also has a designated outdoor prayer space located on the main level of the terminal. This space features seating, shade, and access to a water fountain. It is open to travelers of all faiths and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The airport also has a meditation room located on the second floor of the pre-boarding area. This room is equipped with comfortable seating, music, and a variety of meditation tools to help travelers relax and unwind.
The Penticton Airport provides these prayer and worship areas to ensure that travelers of all faiths are provided with a quiet and respectful space to practice their beliefs.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Penticton Airport offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Here are some of the amenities you can expect:
1. Free WiFi: Penticton Airport provides complimentary WiFi access throughout the terminal building. Passengers can easily connect to the network using their laptops, smartphones, or tablets.
2. Charging Stations: The airport has several charging stations located throughout the terminal building. These stations allow travelers to charge their electronic devices, such as phones and laptops, while waiting for their flights.
3. Workstations: Penticton Airport has a designated area for travelers who need to work while waiting for their flights. The workstation area is equipped with comfortable seating, power outlets, and work desks.
4. Business Center: The airport also has a business center that offers printing, scanning, and faxing services. This facility is ideal for business travelers who need to complete important tasks before their flights.
5. Conference Rooms: Penticton Airport has conference rooms available for rent. These rooms are perfect for business meetings, presentations, and other events. The conference rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and high-speed internet access.
Overall, Penticton Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Whether you need to work, recharge your devices, or hold a business meeting, the airport has everything you need to stay on top of your game.
- The WestJet Lounge at Penticton Regional Airport is located in the domestic departures lounge, near the duty-free store.
- The Executive Flight Centre at Penticton Regional Airport is located in the domestic arrivals area, near the baggage claim.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Penticton Regional Airport is located in the domestic departures lounge, near the duty-free store.
- The Plaza Premium Lounge at Penticton Regional Airport is located in the domestic arrivals area, near the baggage claim.
Accomodation Options Nearby Penticton Airport
1. Penticton Airport Hotel: Located just steps away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable and convenient accommodations for travelers.
2. Penticton Lakeside Resort: This resort is located on the shores of Okanagan Lake and offers a variety of amenities including a pool, spa, and fitness center.
3. Best Western Inn at Penticton: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a pool, hot tub, and free Wi-Fi.
4. Penticton Travelodge: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a pool, hot tub, and free Wi-Fi.
5. Quality Inn Penticton: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a pool, hot tub, and free Wi-Fi.
6. Ramada Penticton: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a variety of amenities including a pool, hot tub, and free Wi-Fi.
1. Skaha Lake: Located just a few minutes’ drive from Penticton Airport, Skaha Lake is a popular destination for swimming, boating, and other water activities.
2. Apex Mountain Resort: This ski resort is located about an hour’s drive from Penticton Airport and offers skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports.
3. Okanagan Wine Country: Penticton Airport is located in the heart of Okanagan Wine Country, which is home to over 200 wineries and vineyards. Visitors can take a wine tour, sample local wines, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
4. Penticton Farmers’ Market: This popular market is held every Saturday from May to October and features local produce, crafts, and other goods.
5. Kettle Valley Rail Trail: This scenic trail runs for over 600 kilometers through the Okanagan Valley and offers hiking, biking, and horseback riding opportunities.
6. Penticton Art Gallery: This gallery features a collection of contemporary Canadian art and hosts regular exhibitions and events.
7. Skaha Bluffs Provincial Park: This park is located just a few minutes’ drive from Penticton Airport and offers hiking, rock climbing, and other outdoor activities.
8. LocoLanding Adventure Park: This family-friendly park features go-karts, mini-golf, bumper boats, and other attractions.
9. Penticton Speedway: This oval track hosts regular stock car races and other events throughout the summer.
10. Okanagan Lake: This large lake is located just a short drive from Penticton Airport and offers swimming, boating, and other water activities.
History of Penticton Airport
Penticton Airport, located in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada, has a rich history dating back to the 1930s. Originally built as a grass airstrip, it was used primarily for recreational flying and crop dusting. In the 1940s, the airport was expanded and paved, and it became an important training base for the Royal Canadian Air Force during World War II.
After the war, the airport continued to grow and attract commercial airlines, including Pacific Western Airlines and Air Canada. In the 1960s, a new terminal building was constructed, and the airport became a hub for regional air travel, connecting the Okanagan Valley to major cities across Canada.
In recent years, the airport has undergone significant upgrades and renovations, including the addition of a new control tower, runway improvements, and expanded parking facilities. Today, Penticton Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, providing convenient access to popular tourist destinations such as the Okanagan wine country and ski resorts. With its rich history and modern amenities, Penticton Airport continues to play an important role in the economic and cultural life of the Okanagan Valley.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport