Petawawa Airport is a small regional airport located in Petawawa, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Ottawa Valley and is primarily used for general aviation and military operations.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Petawawa Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Petawawa Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Petawawa Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Petawawa Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Petawawa Airport
Petawawa Airport is located in the town of Petawawa, Ontario, Canada. The airport is approximately 160 kilometers northwest of Ottawa and can be accessed by car or public transportation. If you are driving, take Highway 17 west from Ottawa and turn left onto Petawawa Boulevard. Follow the signs to the airport, which is located on the left-hand side of the road.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several options available. The Greyhound bus line offers service to Petawawa from Ottawa, and there are also local taxi and shuttle services that can take you directly to the airport. Additionally, there are several car rental companies located in the area, which can provide you with a vehicle for your trip to the airport.
Once you arrive at Petawawa Airport, there are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking. The airport also offers a variety of services and amenities, including a restaurant, gift shop, and free Wi-Fi. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Petawawa Airport is a convenient and accessible destination that is sure to meet all of your travel needs.
Petawawa Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Petawawa, Ontario, Canada. While it may not have as many transportation options as larger airports, there are still several ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can be hailed outside the terminal building. They offer a convenient and reliable way to get to your destination, but can be more expensive than other options.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Enterprise, Budget, and Avis. Renting a car can be a good option if you plan on exploring the area or need to travel to multiple destinations.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate in the area and offer transportation to and from the airport. These services can be more affordable than taxis and offer a shared ride option.
4. Public transportation: There is no direct public transportation to the airport, but there are bus stops located nearby. The Pembroke Transit system operates several routes in the area and can be used to get to and from the airport.
5. Private car service: Private car services, such as Uber and Lyft, are available in the area and can be used to get to and from the airport. These services offer a convenient and affordable option for travelers.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it is important to plan ahead and book your transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free trip.
Petawawa Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the available parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The hourly rate for short-term parking is $2.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The daily rate for long-term parking is $10.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building, but offers the most affordable parking rates. The daily rate for economy parking is $7.
4. Valet parking: This service is available for travelers who want the ultimate convenience. A valet attendant will park your car for you and have it ready for you upon your return. The daily rate for valet parking is $20.
All parking areas at Petawawa Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Payment for parking can be made at the automated pay stations located in each parking area.
Car Rental at Petawawa Airport
- National Car Rental
Petawawa Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Petawawa, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for commercial flights and the other for military operations. The commercial terminal is a modern facility that offers a range of services to passengers, including check-in counters, baggage handling, and security screening. There is also a small café and gift shop located in the terminal for passengers to enjoy while waiting for their flights.
The military terminal is located on the other side of the airport and is used primarily by the Canadian Armed Forces. It is a secure facility that is not open to the public. The terminal is used for the transportation of military personnel, equipment, and supplies. It is equipped with a range of amenities, including a lounge area, sleeping quarters, and a cafeteria.
Overall, Petawawa Airport is a well-maintained facility that serves the needs of both commercial and military operations. The airport is an important transportation hub for the region, providing easy access to nearby towns and cities. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Petawawa Airport is a popular choice for travelers and military personnel alike.
- Air Canada Express: Operates daily flights from Ottawa International Airport.
- Porter Airlines: Operates daily flights from Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport.
- WestJet: Operates seasonal flights from Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Transwest Air: Operates charter flights to various destinations.
Petawawa Airport is a small regional airport located in Petawawa, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the primary security measures at Petawawa Airport is the use of security screening equipment. All passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flights. This includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. Additionally, all carry-on luggage is inspected to ensure that no prohibited items are being brought on board.
Another important security protocol at Petawawa Airport is the use of security personnel. Trained security personnel are stationed throughout the airport to monitor activity and respond to any potential threats. Additionally, the airport has a close relationship with local law enforcement agencies, who are on call in case of an emergency.
Finally, Petawawa Airport has implemented several measures to ensure the security of the airport itself. This includes the use of security cameras and access control systems to monitor who enters and exits the airport. Additionally, the airport has implemented a perimeter fence to prevent unauthorized access to the airport grounds.
Overall, Petawawa Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures include the use of security screening equipment, trained security personnel, and access control systems. By implementing these measures, Petawawa Airport is able to provide a safe and secure environment for all who use it.
Petawawa Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport provides wheelchair assistance for passengers with mobility issues, as well as assistance with baggage and boarding. The airport staff is trained to provide personalized assistance to passengers with special needs, including those with hearing or visual impairments.
Petawawa Airport also offers a variety of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable for passengers. These amenities include free Wi-Fi, charging stations for electronic devices, and a selection of shops and restaurants. The airport also has a lounge area for passengers who need a quiet space to relax or work before their flight.
In addition to these services, Petawawa Airport has a dedicated customer service team that is available to answer any questions or concerns that passengers may have. The team is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that every passenger has a positive experience at the airport. Overall, Petawawa Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel as easy and stress-free as possible for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Petawawa Airport Café: This cozy café serves up a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks and sandwiches.
2. The Petawawa Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers a selection of souvenirs and gifts, perfect for taking home to remember your trip.
3. The Petawawa Airport Bar: Enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine while you wait for your flight.
4. The Petawawa Airport Deli: This deli offers a variety of freshly prepared sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
5. The Petawawa Airport Newsstand: Pick up a magazine or newspaper to read while you wait for your flight.
6. The Petawawa Airport Bookstore: Browse a selection of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Petawawa Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers. These areas are located in various parts of the airport and are easily accessible to all travelers. Here are the details of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Petawawa Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: This prayer room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24/7 and is available to all passengers, regardless of their faith. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a washroom.
2. Christian Chapel: The Christian Chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is open 24/7 and is available to all Christian passengers. The chapel is equipped with a cross, a Bible, chairs, and a washroom.
3. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24/7 and is available to all Muslim passengers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a washroom.
4. Jewish Prayer Room: The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24/7 and is available to all Jewish passengers. The room is equipped with prayer books, chairs, and a washroom.
5. Hindu Prayer Room: The Hindu Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24/7 and is available to all Hindu passengers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a washroom.
In conclusion, Petawawa Airport offers a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the needs of its diverse passengers. These areas are conveniently located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all travelers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Petawawa Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the airport terminal and provides fast and reliable internet connectivity.
In addition to WiFi, Petawawa Airport also provides workspace facilities for travelers who need to work or study while waiting for their flight. The airport has a designated area with comfortable seating and workstations equipped with power outlets and USB ports. This workspace area is designed to provide a quiet and productive environment for travelers who need to get work done.
Overall, Petawawa Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers who require connectivity and productivity on the go. Whether you need to catch up on work emails or study for an upcoming exam, Petawawa Airport has you covered.
- The Petawawa Airport Lounge – Located in the main terminal building at the Petawawa Airport.
- The WestJet Lounge – Located in the main terminal building at the Petawawa Airport.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Located in the main terminal building at the Petawawa Airport.
- The Aeroplan Altitude Lounge – Located in the main terminal building at the Petawawa Airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Petawawa Airport
1. Petawawa Airport Hotel: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant and bar, free Wi-Fi, and a fitness center.
2. Petawawa Inn & Suites: This hotel is located a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
3. Petawawa Campground: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, this campground offers a variety of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabin rentals.
4. Petawawa Bed & Breakfast: Located a short drive away from the airport, this bed and breakfast offers a variety of amenities, including a hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and a cozy atmosphere.
Petawawa Airport is located in the beautiful town of Petawawa, Ontario. The airport is surrounded by several attractions that are worth exploring. Here are some of the top attractions near Petawawa Airport:
1. Algonquin Provincial Park: This park is a must-visit attraction for nature lovers. It is home to over 2,400 lakes and 1,200 kilometres of streams and rivers, making it a perfect spot for fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. The park also offers hiking trails, camping sites, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
2. Petawawa Research Forest: This forest is a great place to explore the natural beauty of the area. It is home to over 20,000 hectares of forest, wetlands, and lakes. Visitors can enjoy hiking, birdwatching, and fishing in the forest.
3. Canadian Forces Base Petawawa: This military base is located just a few minutes from the airport. Visitors can take a guided tour of the base and learn about the history of the Canadian Armed Forces.
4. Pembroke Heritage Murals: This outdoor art gallery features over 30 murals that depict the history and culture of the town of Pembroke. Visitors can take a self-guided tour of the murals and learn about the town’s rich history.
5. Whitewater Brewing Company: This local brewery is a great place to relax and enjoy a cold beer after a day of exploring. The brewery offers a variety of craft beers and a beautiful patio overlooking the river.
6. Petawawa Point Beach: This sandy beach is a great place to spend a day swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. The beach is located on the Ottawa River and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
Overall, Petawawa Airport is surrounded by several attractions that offer something for everyone. Whether you are interested in nature, history, or just relaxing, there is something for you to enjoy in the area.
History of Petawawa Airport
Petawawa Airport is a small airport located in the town of Petawawa, Ontario, Canada. The airport was originally built in 1938 by the Canadian military as a training facility for pilots during World War II. After the war, the airport was used for civilian purposes and was eventually taken over by the Canadian government in 1952.
Over the years, Petawawa Airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2004, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which had become outdated and inadequate. The new terminal features modern amenities such as a restaurant, gift shop, and conference room.
Today, Petawawa Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the town and surrounding areas. It is primarily used for general aviation, including private and corporate flights, as well as military operations. The airport is also home to several aviation-related businesses, including a flight school and aircraft maintenance facility. Despite its small size, Petawawa Airport plays a vital role in the local economy and community.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport