The Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport is the main airport serving Belize City, Belize. It is named after Philip Stanley Wilberforce Goldson, a Belizean journalist, activist, and politician who played a key role in the country’s independence movement. The airport serves as a hub for several airlines and offers flights to destinations throughout Central America, North America, and the Caribbean.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
- Other Airports in Belize District, Belize
How to Get to Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport is located approximately 10 miles northwest of Belize City, Belize. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, rental car, or shuttle service.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to negotiate the fare beforehand to avoid any surprises. The ride from Belize City to the airport typically takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Rental cars are also available at the airport, and can be booked in advance or upon arrival. It is important to note that driving in Belize can be challenging, as roads can be narrow and poorly maintained.
Shuttle services are another option, and can be arranged through hotels or tour operators. These services typically offer door-to-door transportation and can be more cost-effective than a taxi.
Regardless of the mode of transportation, it is recommended to allow plenty of time to get to the airport, especially during peak travel times. The airport recommends arriving at least two hours before your scheduled departure time.
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport, located in Belize City, offers a variety of transportation options for travelers. Here are some of the options available:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. The rates are fixed and posted at the airport, so there is no need to negotiate. Taxis are a convenient and safe option for travelers.
2. Rental Cars: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport. Renting a car gives you the freedom to explore Belize at your own pace. However, driving in Belize can be challenging due to poor road conditions and aggressive drivers.
3. Shuttles: Many hotels and resorts offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option if you have pre-booked accommodation.
4. Public Transportation: Buses and minibusses are available outside the airport terminal. This is the cheapest option but can be crowded and uncomfortable.
5. Private Transfers: Private transfers are available for those who want a more personalized service. This option is more expensive than taxis or shuttles but offers more comfort and convenience.
No matter which transportation option you choose, be sure to confirm the rates and details before departing the airport. Safe travels!
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and is the most affordable option for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for economy parking are charged daily.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is available for travelers who want the ultimate convenience. Valet parking attendants will park your car for you and have it waiting for you upon your return. The valet parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building.
All parking areas at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport are well-lit and monitored by security personnel to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Travelers can pay for parking at automated kiosks located in each parking area or at the exit gate upon leaving.
Car Rental at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport is the main airport in Belize and serves as a gateway to the country for tourists and locals alike. The airport has two terminals, one for international flights and the other for domestic flights. The international terminal is the larger of the two and is equipped with modern facilities to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers.
The international terminal at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport has a range of amenities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and cafes. Passengers can also access free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, making it easy to stay connected while waiting for their flight. The terminal also has several lounges, including a VIP lounge, which offers a more exclusive experience for travelers.
The domestic terminal at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport is smaller but still offers a range of facilities for passengers. There are several check-in counters, a waiting area, and a small cafe. The terminal is primarily used for flights to other destinations within Belize, including popular tourist spots such as San Pedro and Caye Caulker. Overall, the terminals at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport are well-equipped and provide a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. Southwest Airlines
4. United Airlines
6. Copa Airlines
7. Maya Island Air
8. Tropic Air
10. Sun Country Airlines
11. Air Canada Rouge
14. Spirit Airlines
15. Frontier Airlines
16. Sunwing Airlines
17. Air Transat
18. Condor Airlines
19. TUI Airways
20. British Airways.
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport is the main airport in Belize and serves as a gateway to the country for tourists and locals alike. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. These protocols are in line with international standards and are regularly reviewed and updated to keep up with changing security threats.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. This includes a thorough check of carry-on bags, checked luggage, and personal items such as shoes and belts. Passengers are also required to pass through metal detectors and body scanners to detect any prohibited items. Any items that are deemed a security risk are confiscated and disposed of appropriately.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the terminal and surrounding areas. They are responsible for identifying and responding to any security threats, including suspicious behavior or unattended bags. In addition, the airport has installed CCTV cameras throughout the terminal to provide additional security and surveillance.
Overall, the security protocols at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport takes security seriously and is committed to ensuring that all travelers have a positive and safe experience when passing through its facilities.
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport in Belize offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s customer service team is available 24/7 to assist travelers with any queries or concerns they may have. They can provide information on flight schedules, baggage allowances, customs and immigration procedures, and other travel-related matters.
For passengers with special needs, the airport offers wheelchair assistance, as well as assistance with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft. The airport also has designated parking spaces for disabled passengers, and accessible restrooms and elevators throughout the terminal.
In addition, the airport has a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable and convenient. These include duty-free shopping, restaurants and cafes, currency exchange services, and free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal. Overall, Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring a pleasant travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the options available:
1. Belize Chocolate Company – This shop offers a range of locally made chocolates and other sweet treats.
2. Belizean Arts – This store features a selection of handmade crafts and souvenirs that showcase the country’s culture and heritage.
3. Duty-Free Belize – This shop offers a range of duty-free products, including liquor, tobacco, and luxury items.
4. Hudson News – This store offers a variety of reading materials, snacks, and travel essentials.
5. Jet’s Bar and Grill – This restaurant serves a range of American-style dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
6. Maya Island Air Cafe – This restaurant offers a selection of Belizean and international dishes, including breakfast items, sandwiches, and salads.
7. Rum Bar – This bar offers a range of rum-based cocktails and other drinks, as well as light snacks.
8. Subway – This restaurant serves a variety of sandwiches, salads, and other fast food items.
9. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf – This cafe offers a range of coffee and tea drinks, as well as pastries and other snacks.
10. The Smokin’ Monkey – This restaurant serves a range of barbecue dishes, including ribs, chicken, and pulled pork.
Overall, Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport provides a range of options for travelers to shop and dine before their flights.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas:
1. Christian Chapel – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the food court. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for prayer and meditation.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers.
3. Hindu Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Hindu passengers to perform their religious rituals.
4. Buddhist Meditation Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The meditation room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Buddhist passengers to meditate and reflect.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport are free to use and open to passengers of all faiths. They are maintained regularly and provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to easily connect to the internet and stay in touch with friends, family, and colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stream content.
For those who need to get some work done, the airport also offers a number of workspace facilities. There are several seating areas throughout the terminal that are equipped with power outlets, allowing travelers to charge their devices and work on the go. Additionally, there are several business lounges located within the airport that offer a more private and comfortable workspace environment.
The airport’s business lounges are equipped with comfortable seating, work desks, and high-speed WiFi, making them the perfect place to catch up on work or prepare for a meeting. The lounges also offer complimentary snacks and beverages, as well as access to printing and scanning facilities.
Overall, Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected with friends and family, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport offers a variety of lounges, each with its own unique atmosphere and amenities, for the comfort and convenience of travelers. Here are some of the available lounges and their locations:
- Sky Club Lounge: Located in the Departure Hall on Level 2.
- The Salon Lounge: Located in the Departure Hall on Level 2.
- Premier Lounge: Located in the Departure Hall on Level 2.
- The Oasis Lounge: Located in the Departure Hall on Level 2.
- The International Lounge: Located in the Departure Hall on Level 2.
- The Executive Lounge: Located in the Departure Hall on Level 2.
Accomodation Options Nearby Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport, located in Belize City, offers a range of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs and preferences. Whether you are on a budget or seeking a luxurious stay, here are the diverse choices available at the airport:
1. Layover Lounges: For those seeking a short rest between flights, the airport provides comfortable layover lounges equipped with seating, charging stations, and Wi-Fi access. These lounges are ideal for travelers on a budget or those with shorter layovers.
2. Transit Hotels: If you require a longer rest or an overnight stay, transit hotels within the airport building offer convenient and reasonably priced accommodation options. These hotels provide clean and comfortable rooms for travelers, with easy access to the terminal.
3. Nearby Economy Hotels: In close proximity to the airport, several economy hotels offer budget-friendly accommodation options. While not directly located within the airport premises, they are easily accessible via shuttle services or a short drive. These hotels usually provide basic amenities and comfortable rooms at affordable rates.
4. Mid-Range Hotels: Located within a reasonable distance from the airport, mid-range hotels offer a balance between affordability and comfort. These hotels often provide modern facilities, spacious rooms, and additional amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and on-site restaurants.
5. Airport Boutique Hotels: If you prefer a more personalized experience, boutique hotels near the airport cater to those seeking unique and charming stays. These hotels offer distinctive decor, personalized service, and cozy accommodations, making them suitable for travelers who value ambiance and individuality.
6. Luxury Resorts: For those seeking the ultimate indulgence, luxury resorts can be found within a short drive from the airport. These opulent properties offer world-class amenities, stunning views, and exquisite dining options. Expect spacious rooms or suites, private beaches, spa facilities, multiple restaurants, and exceptional service.
It is important to note that prices and availability vary, so it is advisable to check with each accommodation option directly or book in advance to secure your preferred choice. Regardless of your needs and budget, Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport provides a range of accommodation options to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
1. Belize Zoo – Located just 20 miles from the airport, the Belize Zoo is a must-visit attraction for wildlife enthusiasts. This unique zoo houses native species like jaguars, tapirs, and monkeys, offering an up-close experience with Belize’s incredible biodiversity.
2. Altun Ha Mayan Ruins – Situated only 31 miles from the airport, the ancient Maya city of Altun Ha is a popular archaeological site. Visitors can explore the well-preserved pyramids, temples, and plazas, gaining insight into the incredible Mayan civilization.
3. Old Belize Cultural and Historical Center – Only a short distance from the airport, this interactive museum showcases Belize’s rich history and diverse cultures. Step back in time as you learn about the country’s colonial past and explore exhibits on Belize’s natural wonders.
4. Cucumber Beach – Just a 6-mile drive from the airport, Cucumber Beach offers a relaxing getaway filled with stunning white sands and crystal-clear waters. Whether you’re looking to sunbathe, swim, or simply unwind, Cucumber Beach is the perfect spot.
5. Belize Botanic Gardens – Located approximately 9 miles from the airport, these beautiful gardens provide a serene escape into Belize’s lush flora. Explore over 45 acres of tropical plants, including orchids, medicinal herbs, and native trees, while learning about Belize’s unique ecosystems.
6. Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary – Situated around 31 miles from the airport, this sanctuary is a haven for bird lovers. With over 300 avian species, including the endangered Jabiru stork, Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary offers exceptional birdwatching opportunities and picturesque surroundings.
7. Community Baboon Sanctuary – Roughly 36 miles from the airport, this unique conservation project protects the Yucatan black howler monkey. Visitors can take guided tours to observe these captivating primates in their natural habitat while learning about local conservation efforts.
8. Belize Rainforest Resort – Located around 8 miles from the airport, this eco-lodge offers an immersive rainforest experience. Visitors can enjoy activities such as hikes, zip-lining, and river tubing, accompanied by knowledgeable guides who highlight the region’s rich biodiversity.
9. Belize City Tour – Just a short drive from the airport, a guided tour of Belize City provides a fascinating glimpse into the country’s past and present. Explore historical landmarks like St. John’s Cathedral and the Belize Museum, and experience the vibrant culture of this bustling urban center.
10. Belize River and Jungle Expedition – Embark on a thrilling adventure just 25 miles from the airport by taking a scenic boat tour up the Belize River. Discover hidden waterfalls, untouched rainforests, and wildlife encounters as you immerse yourself in the pristine natural beauty of Belize.
History of Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport is the main airport of Belize, located in Ladyville, a small town just outside Belize City. The airport was named after Philip Stanley Wilberforce Goldson, a Belizean journalist, activist, and politician who played a significant role in the country’s independence movement.
The airport was originally built in the 1940s as a military airfield by the British colonial government. After Belize gained independence in 1981, the airport was expanded and upgraded to accommodate commercial flights. Today, it serves as the main gateway to Belize, with flights to and from major cities in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
In recent years, the airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and services. These include the construction of a new terminal building, expansion of the runway, and installation of modern navigation and communication systems. The airport also features a range of amenities for travelers, including restaurants, shops, and lounges. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport is an important hub for tourism and commerce in Belize.
Other Airports in Belize District, Belize
- Caye Caulker Airport
- Caye Chapel Airport
- Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport
- Sir Barry Bowen Municipal Airport