Phnom Penh International Airport is the largest airport in Cambodia and serves as the main gateway to the country’s capital city. It is located approximately 10 kilometers west of Phnom Penh and offers both domestic and international flights to various destinations around the world. The airport features modern facilities and amenities, making it a convenient and comfortable travel hub for visitors to Cambodia.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Phnom Penh International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Phnom Penh International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Phnom Penh International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Phnom Penh International Airport
- Other Airports in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
How to Get to Phnom Penh International Airport
Phnom Penh International Airport is located approximately 10 kilometers west of the city center. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, tuk-tuk, or private car.
Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked through a ride-hailing app. The journey to the airport takes around 30 minutes and costs between $10 and $15, depending on traffic and the time of day.
Tuk-tuks are a popular and affordable option for short journeys in Phnom Penh. They can be found on most street corners and can be negotiated for a price of around $5 to $10 for the journey to the airport.
For those who prefer a more comfortable and private option, private cars can be booked through a variety of companies and apps. Prices vary depending on the type of vehicle and level of service, but typically range from $20 to $50 for the journey to the airport.
Regardless of the mode of transportation chosen, it is recommended to allow plenty of time to reach the airport, especially during peak travel times. It is also important to confirm the fare or price before beginning the journey to avoid any misunderstandings or disputes.
Phnom Penh International Airport, located approximately 10 kilometers west of the city center, offers various transportation options for travelers to reach their destination. Here are some of the transportation options available:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. The fare is metered, and the cost varies depending on the distance and time of day. It is advisable to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Tuk-tuks: Tuk-tuks are a popular mode of transportation in Phnom Penh. They are cheaper than taxis and can be found outside the airport terminal. The fare is negotiable, and it is advisable to agree on the fare before getting into the tuk-tuk.
3. Airport Shuttle Bus: The airport shuttle bus is a convenient and affordable option for travelers. The bus operates from the airport to the city center and stops at various locations. The fare is fixed, and tickets can be purchased at the airport.
4. Private Car: Private car services are available at the airport. These services offer a comfortable and convenient way to travel to your destination. The cost varies depending on the distance and type of vehicle.
5. Motorbike Taxi: Motorbike taxis are a popular mode of transportation in Phnom Penh. They are cheaper than taxis and tuk-tuks but are not recommended for travelers with a lot of luggage.
Overall, Phnom Penh International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit every traveler’s needs and budget. It is advisable to research and plan your transportation in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
Phnom Penh International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. VIP parking: This parking area is located closest to the terminal building and is reserved for VIPs and those who require special assistance. The rates for VIP parking are charged hourly.
4. Motorcycle parking: This parking area is located near the entrance of the airport and is designated for motorcycles. The rates for motorcycle parking are charged daily.
5. Drop-off and pick-up area: This area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is designated for dropping off or picking up passengers. Drivers are not allowed to park in this area for an extended period of time.
Overall, Phnom Penh International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. It is recommended to check the rates and availability of each parking area before arriving at the airport.
Car Rental at Phnom Penh International Airport
Phnom Penh International Airport is the largest airport in Cambodia and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the older of the two and is used for domestic flights, while Terminal 2 is used for international flights.
Terminal 1 is a small terminal with limited facilities. It has a few shops and restaurants, as well as a lounge for VIP passengers. The terminal is clean and well-maintained, but it can get crowded during peak travel periods. Passengers can access the terminal by foot or by shuttle bus from Terminal 2.
Terminal 2 is a modern and spacious terminal that was opened in 2015. It has a wide range of facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, cafes, and lounges. The terminal also has a business center, a prayer room, and a children’s play area. Passengers can access the terminal by foot or by shuttle bus from Terminal 1.
Overall, Phnom Penh International Airport’s terminals are clean and well-maintained, with Terminal 2 offering a more modern and comfortable experience for international travelers. The airport is constantly improving its facilities and services to meet the needs of its passengers.
2. Cambodia Angkor Air
3. Cathay Dragon
4. China Airlines
5. China Eastern Airlines
7. EVA Air
8. Jetstar Asia Airways
9. Korean Air
10. Malaysia Airlines
11. Qatar Airways
13. Thai Airways
14. Vietnam Airlines
Phnom Penh International Airport is the largest airport in Cambodia and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and the airport premises. The security measures are in line with international standards and are constantly reviewed and updated to keep up with the changing security landscape.
The airport has a comprehensive security screening process for all passengers and their luggage. Passengers are required to go through metal detectors and have their bags scanned before entering the departure area. The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who conduct random checks and pat-downs to ensure that no prohibited items are brought into the airport.
In addition to the security screening process, the airport has a range of security measures in place to prevent unauthorized access to restricted areas. These include CCTV cameras, access control systems, and security patrols. The airport also has a dedicated security team that monitors the premises 24/7 to ensure that any security breaches are detected and dealt with promptly.
Overall, Phnom Penh International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport’s security protocols are constantly reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain effective in the face of evolving security threats. Passengers can be assured that they are in safe hands when traveling through Phnom Penh International Airport.
Phnom Penh International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for all passengers. These services include wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and immigration assistance.
For passengers with reduced mobility, the airport provides wheelchair assistance from the moment they arrive at the airport until they board their flight. The airport staff is trained to handle all types of mobility aids and can assist passengers with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft.
Baggage handling is another important service offered by the airport. Passengers can avail of baggage carts and trolleys to transport their luggage from the check-in counter to the boarding gate. The airport also provides baggage wrapping services to protect luggage from damage and theft.
Immigration assistance is available for passengers who require help with visa applications and immigration procedures. The airport staff can guide passengers through the immigration process and provide information on visa requirements and procedures.
Overall, Phnom Penh International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Passengers can rest assured that they will receive the necessary support and assistance to ensure a smooth journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Phnom Penh International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before their flight. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty-Free: This shop offers a wide range of products including cosmetics, fragrances, alcohol, and tobacco.
– Cambodia Craft: This shop sells handmade crafts and souvenirs made by local artisans.
– Swarovski: This shop offers a selection of crystal jewelry and accessories.
– WHSmith: This shop sells books, magazines, snacks, and travel essentials.
– Burger King: This fast-food chain offers burgers, fries, and other classic American fare.
– The Pizza Company: This restaurant serves a variety of pizzas, pastas, and salads.
– Starbucks: This coffee chain offers a selection of hot and cold drinks, as well as pastries and sandwiches.
– Blue Pumpkin: This café serves a range of sandwiches, salads, and baked goods, as well as coffee and smoothies.
Overall, Phnom Penh International Airport provides a good selection of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before their flight. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or some last-minute shopping, there’s something for everyone.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Phnom Penh International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the ground floor of the terminal building, near the check-in counters. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Buddhist Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The prayer room features a Buddha statue, incense burners, and seating for meditation.
3. Christian Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The prayer room is equipped with a cross, a Bible, and seating for prayer and reflection.
All prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24 hours a day and are free to use for all passengers. They provide a peaceful and comfortable space for travelers to practice their religion or find a moment of tranquility amidst the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Phnom Penh International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media accounts, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several options. There are comfortable seating areas with power outlets and USB ports, where passengers can work on their laptops or charge their devices. Additionally, there are several business lounges located throughout the airport, which offer a more private and quiet workspace with complimentary WiFi, refreshments, and other amenities.
Meeting Rooms: For business travelers who need to hold meetings or conferences, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment, WiFi, and other necessary amenities.
Overall, Phnom Penh International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
The following is a list of the Phnom Penh International Airport’s lounges and their locations:
- Happy Lounge – Located in Departures International Terminal on the 2nd Floor
- Platinum Lounge – located in Departures International Terminal on the 2nd Floor
- Cambodia Angkor Air VIP Lounge – Located in Departures Domestic Terminal on the 2nd Floor
- Cambodia Angkor Air Business Lounge – Located in Departures Domestic Terminal on the 2nd Floor
- Vietnam Airlines Business Lounge – Located in Departures International Terminal on the 2nd Floor
- Vietnam Airlines VIP Lounge – Located in Departures International Terminal on the 2nd Floor
Accomodation Options Nearby Phnom Penh International Airport
Phnom Penh International Airport, located in Cambodia’s capital city, offers a range of accommodation options to suit varying budgets and preferences. Whether you are seeking budget-friendly options or luxurious stays, the airport area provides suitable choices for all travelers. Here is a comprehensive list of accommodation options available at Phnom Penh International Airport.
1. Airport Lounges: For a short layover or a few hours of rest, Phnom Penh International Airport provides various lounges that offer comfortable seating, snacks, Wi-Fi, and entertainment amenities. These lounges are affordable options for a quick and convenient stay.
2. Budget Hotels: There are numerous budget hotels located near Phnom Penh International Airport, offering affordable rates without compromising on comfort. These hotels provide basic amenities such as clean rooms, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and sometimes even breakfast options. They are suitable for travelers on a tight budget.
3. Mid-Range Hotels: Several mid-range hotels are available in the vicinity of the airport, providing comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. Featuring well-furnished rooms, amenities like swimming pools, fitness centers, and onsite dining options, these hotels cater to those seeking a little more comfort during their stay.
4. Boutique Hotels: In recent years, a number of boutique hotels have sprung up near Phnom Penh International Airport. Offering stylish decor, personalized service, and unique experiences, these hotels add a touch of luxury at a relatively affordable price. They often include amenities like spas, rooftop bars, and chic restaurants.
5. Luxury Hotels: For the ultimate indulgence, luxury hotels around the airport offer world-class services, unparalleled comfort, and upscale amenities. These properties boast elegant rooms, multiple dining options, extensive wellness facilities, and sometimes even private pools or exclusive access to lounges. They cater to discerning travelers seeking exclusivity and sophistication.
6. Serviced Apartments: Ideal for extended stays or travelers requiring more space, serviced apartments near Phnom Penh International Airport offer fully-equipped kitchenettes, separate living areas, and access to facilities such as swimming pools and fitness centers. These apartments provide a homely environment, combining privacy with hotel-like services.
It is advisable to check the specific details, availability, and prices of these accommodations in advance, as they may vary over time. Whether you opt for a budget-friendly lodging or indulge in luxury, Phnom Penh International Airport ensures there are accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs.
1. Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda: Located in the heart of Phnom Penh, this iconic attraction is a must-visit. Explore the stunning architecture, gardens, and intricate artworks inside the Silver Pagoda.
2. National Museum of Cambodia: Immerse yourself in the country’s rich history and art at this impressive museum. Discover ancient artifacts, sculptures, and traditional Khmer artworks.
3. Wat Phnom: This historic temple, perched atop a hill, offers a tranquil escape from the bustling city. Marvel at the intricate details of the pagoda and enjoy panoramic views of Phnom Penh.
4. Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum: Reflect on Cambodia’s tragic past at this former prison turned museum. Learn about the Khmer Rouge regime and pay homage to the victims of the regime’s atrocities.
5. Choeung Ek Killing Fields: A sobering yet important site, the Choeung Ek Killing Fields is where countless Cambodians were executed and buried during the Khmer Rouge regime. Explore the museum and pay respects at the memorial stupa.
6. Russian Market: Dive into the vibrant local culture at this bustling market. Browse through a wide array of goods, including handicrafts, clothing, jewelry, and delicious street food.
7. Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center: Embark on a wildlife adventure just outside the city at this rescue center. Get up close and personal with rescued elephants, tigers, bears, and other endangered animals.
8. Koh Dach (Silk Island): Take a short ferry ride to this serene island known for its silk weaving. Witness the traditional silk-making process and purchase beautiful handmade silk products.
9. National Olympic Stadium: If you’re a sports enthusiast, catch a soccer or a traditional Khmer martial arts match at this iconic stadium. Join the energetic atmosphere and witness the local passion for sports.
10. Sisowath Quay: Stroll along the picturesque riverfront promenade, lined with colonial-era buildings, shops, and restaurants. Enjoy beautiful views of the Tonle Sap and Mekong Rivers, especially at sunset.
History of Phnom Penh International Airport
Phnom Penh International Airport is the largest airport in Cambodia and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport has a rich history that dates back to the 1960s when it was first built as a small airfield by the French colonial government. The airport was initially named Pochentong International Airport and was used primarily for military purposes.
After Cambodia gained independence in 1953, the airport was expanded and modernized to accommodate commercial flights. In the 1970s, the airport was heavily damaged during the Khmer Rouge regime, and it was not until the 1990s that it was fully restored and reopened to the public.
Since then, Phnom Penh International Airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to meet the growing demand for air travel in Cambodia. In 2016, a new terminal was opened, increasing the airport’s capacity to handle up to 5 million passengers per year.
Today, Phnom Penh International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that offers a wide range of services and amenities to travelers. It serves as a vital hub for both domestic and international flights, connecting Cambodia to destinations across Asia and beyond.
Other Airports in Phnom Penh, Cambodia