Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Arizona, serving over 44 million passengers annually. Located just three miles southeast of downtown Phoenix, it offers non-stop flights to over 100 domestic and international destinations.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Other Airports in Arizona, United States
How to Get to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking public transportation, or using a ride-sharing service.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from several major highways, including I-10, I-17, and AZ-202. There are several parking options available at the airport, including covered parking, economy parking, and valet parking.
If you prefer to take public transportation, the Valley Metro Rail system offers a convenient way to get to the airport. The PHX Sky Train connects the airport to the Valley Metro Rail system, making it easy to get to and from the airport.
Finally, if you prefer to use a ride-sharing service, there are several options available, including Uber and Lyft. Simply request a ride to the airport and your driver will drop you off at the appropriate terminal.
No matter how you choose to get to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, there are plenty of options available to make your travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving millions of passengers every year. To help travelers get to and from the airport, there are several transportation options available. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxis: Taxis are available 24/7 at the airport and can be found outside of each terminal. The fare is metered and varies depending on the distance traveled.
2. Ride-Sharing Services: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. Passengers can request a ride through the app and meet their driver at the designated pick-up area.
3. Rental Cars: Several rental car companies have offices at the airport, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. Passengers can rent a car and drive themselves to their destination.
4. Public Transportation: The Valley Metro Bus and Light Rail system provides service to and from the airport. Passengers can take the PHX Sky Train to the 44th Street/Washington Light Rail Station and connect to the bus or light rail.
5. Airport Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services offer transportation to and from the airport. These services are often shared rides and can be more affordable than taxis or ride-sharing services.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has you covered. With a variety of options available, travelers can find the one that best fits their needs and budget.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers a variety of parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Terminal 2 Parking Garage: Located directly across from Terminal 2, this parking garage offers covered parking and is ideal for travelers flying out of Terminal 2.
2. Terminal 3 Parking Garage: Located directly across from Terminal 3, this parking garage offers covered parking and is ideal for travelers flying out of Terminal 3.
3. Terminal 4 Parking Garages: There are four parking garages located near Terminal 4, each offering covered parking. The garages are named East Economy, West Economy, Garage A, and Garage B. These garages are ideal for travelers flying out of Terminal 4.
4. East Economy Parking Lot: Located east of Terminal 4, this parking lot offers uncovered parking and is ideal for travelers looking for an affordable parking option.
5. West Economy Parking Lot: Located west of Terminal 4, this parking lot offers uncovered parking and is ideal for travelers looking for an affordable parking option.
6. Cell Phone Lot: Located just south of the Terminal 4 parking garages, this lot is free for drivers waiting to pick up arriving passengers.
7. Park & Walk: Located near Terminal 2, this parking lot offers uncovered parking and is ideal for travelers who prefer to park and walk to their terminal.
Overall, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers a variety of parking options to meet the needs of all travelers.
Car Rental at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has three terminals, each with its own unique features and amenities. Terminal 2 is the oldest terminal at the airport and is primarily used by Southwest Airlines. It has a variety of dining and shopping options, as well as a pet relief area and charging stations.
Terminal 3 is the largest terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor and serves several major airlines, including Delta, Frontier, and Hawaiian. It has a modern design and features a variety of restaurants, shops, and lounges. Terminal 3 also has a children’s play area and a nursing room for mothers.
Terminal 4 is the newest and largest terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor, serving several major airlines, including American, United, and Southwest. It has a wide range of dining and shopping options, as well as a variety of lounges and a spa. Terminal 4 also has a museum showcasing the history of aviation in Arizona and a meditation room for travelers seeking a quiet space. Overall, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport’s terminals offer a variety of amenities and services to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible.
2. Air Canada
3. Alaska Airlines
4. American Airlines
5. Boutique Air
6. British Airways
8. Delta Air Lines
9. Frontier Airlines
10. Hawaiian Airlines
11. JetBlue Airways
12. Southwest Airlines
13. Spirit Airlines
14. Sun Country Airlines
15. United Airlines
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all travelers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols that are designed to prevent any potential threats.
One of the most important security measures at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. All passengers and their belongings are screened using state-of-the-art equipment, including full-body scanners and X-ray machines. This helps to detect any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, that may be hidden on a person or in their luggage.
In addition to screening technology, the airport also employs a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring all areas of the airport. These professionals are trained to identify and respond to any potential security threats, and they work closely with law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
Overall, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all travelers. By using advanced screening technology and highly trained security personnel, the airport is able to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers a variety of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Travelers Assistance Program provides volunteers who are available to assist passengers with directions, information, and other needs. These volunteers are easily identifiable by their bright blue shirts and are stationed throughout the airport.
In addition to the Travelers Assistance Program, the airport also offers wheelchair and electric cart services for passengers with mobility issues. These services can be arranged in advance or requested upon arrival at the airport. The airport also has a dedicated TSA PreCheck enrollment center, making it easy for passengers to enroll in the program and expedite their security screening process.
For international travelers, the airport has a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility that offers Global Entry and Automated Passport Control kiosks to expedite the customs process. The airport also has a currency exchange service and ATMs located throughout the terminals.
Overall, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. Passengers can feel confident that they will receive the assistance they need to navigate the airport and reach their destination with ease.
Shops and Restaurants
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here is a list of some of the popular shops and restaurants at the airport:
1. Arizona Highways Gift Shop – This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, gifts, and books related to Arizona’s history and culture.
2. Brighton Collectibles – This shop offers a range of handbags, jewelry, and accessories.
3. Hudson News – This shop offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, snacks, and travel essentials.
4. Sunglass Hut – This shop offers a range of sunglasses from popular brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and Maui Jim.
5. Tech on the Go – This shop offers a range of electronics, including headphones, chargers, and travel adapters.
1. Barrio Cafe – This restaurant offers Mexican cuisine, including tacos, burritos, and margaritas.
2. Chelsea’s Kitchen – This restaurant offers American cuisine, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
3. Shake Shack – This restaurant offers burgers, fries, and shakes.
4. Starbucks – This coffee shop offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
5. Zinburger – This restaurant offers burgers, salads, and wine.
These are just a few of the many shops and restaurants available at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Travelers can explore the airport to find more options that suit their preferences.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. These areas are located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all.
1. Chapel: The Chapel is located on the third floor of Terminal 4, near the food court. It is open 24 hours a day and offers a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
2. Islamic Prayer Room: The Islamic Prayer Room is located on the third floor of Terminal 4, near the Chapel. It is open 24 hours a day and provides a space for Muslim passengers to pray.
3. Interfaith Prayer Room: The Interfaith Prayer Room is located on the fourth floor of Terminal 4, near the Delta Sky Club. It is open 24 hours a day and welcomes people of all faiths to pray and meditate.
4. Christian Prayer Room: The Christian Prayer Room is located on the third floor of Terminal 4, near the Chapel. It is open 24 hours a day and provides a space for Christian passengers to pray.
5. Meditation Room: The Meditation Room is located on the third floor of Terminal 4, near the Chapel. It is open 24 hours a day and offers a peaceful space for meditation and reflection.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open to all passengers and visitors. They provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for people of all faiths to practice their religion or find a quiet space for reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout all terminals, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace Facilities: For those who need to get work done while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport offers a variety of seating areas with power outlets, allowing travelers to charge their devices and work comfortably. Additionally, there are several business centers located throughout the airport that offer private workspaces, printing services, and other amenities.
Lounges: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport also has several lounges available for travelers who need a quiet and comfortable space to work or relax. These lounges offer amenities such as complimentary snacks and beverages, high-speed WiFi, and comfortable seating.
Overall, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers travelers a variety of lounge options.
- The USO Lounge – Located on the third floor of the pre-security terminal.
- The Admirals Club – Located in Terminal 4.
- The Club at PHX – Located in Terminal 4.
- The Sky Club – Located in Terminal 4.
- The United Club – Located in Terminal 4.
Accomodation Options Nearby Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport offers a range of accommodation options catering to travelers’ diverse needs and budgets. Whether you’re looking for a convenient place to rest during a layover or seeking luxurious accommodation for an extended stay, you’ll find a variety of options.
1. On-Site Accommodation:
a. The Hilton Phoenix Airport Hotel: Located within the airport grounds, this upscale hotel offers contemporary rooms, a pool, fitness center, and complimentary shuttle service to the terminals.
b. The Phoenix Airport Marriott: Adjacent to the airport, this full-service hotel boasts spacious rooms, a vibrant restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a complimentary shuttle service.
2. Off-Site Accommodation:
a. Budget Options:
– Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Phoenix Airport: Situated just a short distance from the airport, this wallet-friendly hotel provides comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool, and a shuttle service.
– Super 8 by Wyndham Phoenix/Mesa/Gilbert Road: Offering affordable rates, this hotel includes simple rooms, complimentary breakfast, and a shuttle service to Phoenix Sky Harbor.
b. Mid-Range Options:
– Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North: This accessible hotel features modern rooms, a heated outdoor pool, fitness facilities, an on-site restaurant, and a complimentary airport shuttle.
– La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport: Offering a free 24/7 shuttle, this property provides spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, fitness facilities, and a complimentary breakfast.
c. Luxury Options:
– The Camby Hotel: Located near the airport, this high-end boutique hotel provides elegant rooms, a rooftop pool, multiple dining options, a spa, and a complimentary airport shuttle.
– The Westin Phoenix Downtown: Although not directly at the airport, this luxury hotel is an excellent choice for travelers seeking upscale accommodation. It offers stylish rooms, a rooftop pool, a fine dining restaurant, a fitness center, and a complimentary shuttle service.
3. Extended Stay Options:
– Residence Inn Phoenix Airport: This hotel is perfect for longer stays, offering spacious suites with fully-equipped kitchens, a complimentary breakfast buffet, a fitness center, and a free airport shuttle.
– Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South: Catering to extended stays, this hotel provides suite-style accommodation with full kitchens, an outdoor pool, fitness facilities, and a shuttle service.
Regardless of your budget or length of stay, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs.
1. Desert Botanical Garden: Located just minutes away from the airport, the Desert Botanical Garden is a beautiful attraction showcasing a stunning collection of desert plants. Visitors can explore various trails, attend educational programs, and immerse themselves in the unique beauty of the Sonoran Desert.
2. Papago Park: Situated in the heart of Phoenix, Papago Park offers visitors a scenic escape amidst its rugged hills, hiking trails, and picturesque lakes. With attractions like the Phoenix Zoo and the iconic Hole-in-the-Rock formation, this park is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and families.
3. Heard Museum: Renowned for its vast collection of Native American art and artifacts, the Heard Museum provides visitors with a captivating insight into the indigenous cultures and history of Arizona. Immerse yourself in the rich heritage of the region through exhibits, galleries, and cultural events.
4. Camelback Mountain: One of the most iconic landmarks in Phoenix, Camelback Mountain offers breathtaking views of the city and surrounding landscapes. Embark on a rewarding hike to the summit for a truly memorable experience. Note: Moderate to advanced hiking skills are required.
5. Phoenix Art Museum: For art enthusiasts, the Phoenix Art Museum is a must-visit attraction. Housing a diverse collection of artwork from around the world, this museum hosts various exhibits, lectures, and events that showcase the vibrant art scene in Phoenix.
6. Arizona Science Center: Located just a short drive from the airport, the Arizona Science Center is an interactive educational hub offering hands-on exhibits and activities for all ages. Explore the fascinating world of science, participate in experiments, and gain a deeper understanding of the wonders of the universe.
7. Chase Field: Baseball fans can catch a game at Chase Field, the home stadium of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Experience the excitement of America’s favorite pastime and cheer for the home team amidst a lively atmosphere.
8. Roosevelt Row: Known as Phoenix’s art district, Roosevelt Row is a vibrant neighborhood filled with art galleries, eclectic shops, trendy eateries, and buzzing nightlife. Take a leisurely stroll down the streets and soak in the creative energy of this colorful community.
9. Musical Instrument Museum: For those with a love for music, the Musical Instrument Museum offers a unique experience. This world-class museum showcases instruments and musical traditions from every corner of the globe, allowing visitors to explore the rich diversity of musical cultures.
10. Old Town Scottsdale: Only a short drive from the airport, Old Town Scottsdale is a charming district known for its distinctive Southwestern architecture, high-end boutiques, art galleries, and gourmet restaurants. Explore the area’s rich history, enjoy shopping for unique souvenirs, or simply soak up the lively atmosphere while strolling through the streets.
History of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Arizona, serving over 44 million passengers annually. The airport has a rich history dating back to the 1920s when it was first established as a small landing strip for private planes. In 1928, the city of Phoenix purchased the land and began developing it into a municipal airport.
Throughout the 1930s and 1940s, the airport continued to expand, with new runways and terminal buildings being constructed. During World War II, the airport played a crucial role in the war effort, serving as a training base for military pilots.
In the 1950s and 1960s, the airport underwent major renovations and modernizations, including the construction of a new terminal building and the addition of jetways. In the 1980s and 1990s, the airport continued to grow, with the addition of new airlines and destinations, as well as the construction of a new international terminal.
Today, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is a major hub for several airlines, including American Airlines and Southwest Airlines, and serves as a gateway to destinations throughout the United States and around the world. The airport continues to undergo improvements and expansions to meet the needs of its growing passenger base.
Other Airports in Arizona, United States
- Bisbee Douglas International Airport
- Davis Monthan Air Force Base
- Flagstaff Pulliam International Airport
- Grand Canyon National Park Airport
- Kingman Airport
- Lake Havasu City International Airport
- Lake Havasu City International Airport
- Laughlin Bullhead International Airport
- Luke Air Force Base
- Nogales International Airport
- Page Municipal Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Phoenix–Mesa Gateway Airport
- Prescott International Airport – Ernest A. Love Field
- Sierra Vista Municipal Airport / Libby Army Air Field
- Tucson International Airport / Morris Air National Guard Base
- Winslow Lindbergh Regional Airport
- Yuma Auxiliary Army Airfield 2
- Yuma International Airport / Marine Corps Air Station Yuma