Phuket International Airport is the second busiest airport in Thailand, located on the island of Phuket. It serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destination, welcoming millions of visitors each year from all over the world.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Phuket International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Phuket International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Phuket International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Phuket International Airport
- Other Airports in Phuket Province, Thailand
How to Get to Phuket International Airport
Phuket International Airport is located in the northern part of Phuket Island, approximately 32 kilometers from the city center. There are several ways to get to the airport, including taxis, buses, and private transfers.
Taxis are the most convenient and popular option for getting to the airport. They are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey takes around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic, and costs between 600 and 800 baht.
Buses are a cheaper alternative to taxis, with fares starting at around 100 baht. There are several bus routes that serve the airport, including the Phuket Airport Bus, which runs from the city center to the airport every hour. The journey takes around 90 minutes, depending on traffic.
Private transfers are another option for getting to the airport. They offer a more comfortable and personalized experience, with the added convenience of door-to-door service. Prices vary depending on the type of vehicle and the distance traveled, but typically start at around 1,000 baht.
Overall, getting to Phuket International Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you choose to take a taxi, bus, or private transfer, you can expect a hassle-free journey to the airport.
Phuket International Airport is the main gateway to the beautiful island of Phuket, Thailand. There are several transportation options available to travelers arriving at the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fare is metered, and the cost will depend on your destination. It is advisable to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Airport Shuttle: The airport shuttle is a shared van service that operates between the airport and various destinations on the island. The fare is fixed and is cheaper than a taxi. The shuttle can be booked in advance or at the airport.
3. Private Car: Private car services are available at the airport and can be pre-booked online or at the airport. This option is more expensive than a taxi or shuttle, but it offers a more comfortable and personalized service.
4. Motorbike Taxi: Motorbike taxis are a popular mode of transportation in Phuket. They are fast and can weave through traffic, making them a good option for short distances. However, they are not recommended for travelers with a lot of luggage.
5. Rental Car: Rental cars are available at the airport, and it is advisable to book in advance to avoid disappointment. Driving in Phuket can be challenging, so it is recommended to have experience driving in Thailand.
6. Public Transportation: Public transportation options include buses and songthaews (shared taxis). They are a cheap option but can be crowded and uncomfortable.
In conclusion, Phuket International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit different budgets and preferences. It is advisable to research and plan your transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey.
Phuket International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. Premium parking: This parking area is located closest to the terminal building and offers the most convenient parking option. It is ideal for those who want to park their car for a short period and need quick access to the terminal. The rates for premium parking are charged hourly.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is available for those who want to save time and hassle. A valet attendant will park your car for you and bring it back to you when you return. The valet parking area is located in front of the terminal building.
Overall, Phuket International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit different needs and budgets. Travelers can choose the option that best suits their requirements and enjoy a hassle-free parking experience.
Car Rental at Phuket International Airport
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Sixt Rent-A-Car
- Thai Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
Phuket International Airport is the second busiest airport in Thailand, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are located within walking distance of each other. Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and is primarily used for domestic flights, while Terminal 2 is used for international flights.
Terminal 1 has a total of 12 gates and is equipped with all the necessary facilities to ensure a comfortable travel experience for passengers. The terminal has a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as duty-free stores where passengers can purchase souvenirs and other items. There are also ATMs, currency exchange counters, and a post office located within the terminal.
Terminal 2 is a modern and spacious terminal that was opened in 2016. It has 22 gates and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes. The terminal also has a duty-free store, ATMs, currency exchange counters, and a post office. In addition, Terminal 2 has a VIP lounge, which is available to passengers who have access to the lounge through their airline or credit card membership.
Overall, Phuket International Airport’s terminals are well-equipped to handle the large number of passengers that pass through the airport each year. Both terminals offer a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience for passengers.
2. Bangkok Airways
3. Cathay Pacific
5. Etihad Airways
6. Jetstar Asia Airways
7. Korean Air
8. Malaysia Airlines
9. Qatar Airways
11. Singapore Airlines
12. Thai Airways
13. VietJet Air
14. Vietnam Airlines
15. China Eastern Airlines
16. China Southern Airlines
17. Hainan Airlines
18. Juneyao Airlines
19. Lucky Air
20. Shenzhen Airlines
21. Sichuan Airlines
22. Spring Airlines
23. Tianjin Airlines
24. Xiamen Airlines.
Phuket International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Thailand, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats and ensure that all passengers and their belongings are safe.
The security protocols at Phuket International Airport include a range of measures such as baggage screening, body scanning, and metal detection. All passengers are required to go through these security checks before boarding their flights. The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and ensuring that all security protocols are being followed.
In addition to these measures, the airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items. Passengers are not allowed to carry any weapons, explosives, or other dangerous items on board their flights. Any such items found during the security checks are immediately confiscated, and the passenger may face legal consequences.
Overall, the security protocols at Phuket International Airport are designed to ensure the safety and security of all passengers. The airport takes its responsibility seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all travelers.
Phuket International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for all passengers. These services include wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and immigration assistance. The airport also has a dedicated team of customer service representatives who are available to assist passengers with any queries or concerns they may have.
For passengers with reduced mobility, the airport provides wheelchair assistance from the moment they arrive at the airport until they board their flight. The airport also has a baggage handling service that helps passengers with their luggage, making it easier for them to navigate through the airport. Additionally, the airport has a dedicated immigration assistance service that helps passengers with their immigration procedures, ensuring a smooth and efficient process.
The customer service representatives at Phuket International Airport are available to assist passengers with any queries or concerns they may have. They can provide information on flight schedules, airport facilities, and transportation options. They can also assist passengers with lost or damaged luggage, flight cancellations, and other travel-related issues. Overall, Phuket International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide passengers with a stress-free and enjoyable travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Phuket International Airport is a bustling hub for travelers from all over the world. The airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here is a list of some of the most popular shops and restaurants at Phuket International Airport:
1. King Power Duty-Free: This is the largest duty-free shop at the airport, offering a wide range of products from cosmetics to electronics.
2. Jim Thompson: This shop offers a range of high-quality silk products, including clothing, accessories, and home decor.
3. Swarovski: This shop offers a range of crystal jewelry and accessories, perfect for gifts or souvenirs.
4. Lacoste: This shop offers a range of clothing and accessories from the popular French brand.
5. Boots: This shop offers a range of health and beauty products, including cosmetics, skincare, and medicines.
1. Starbucks: This popular coffee chain offers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as snacks and sandwiches.
2. Burger King: This fast-food chain offers a range of burgers, fries, and other snacks.
3. The Coffee Club: This cafe offers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as sandwiches, salads, and cakes.
4. Subway: This sandwich chain offers a range of fresh sandwiches and salads.
5. Black Canyon Coffee: This cafe offers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as Thai and international dishes.
Overall, Phuket International Airport offers a great selection of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a luxury gift, you’re sure to find something to suit your needs at this airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Phuket International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the 2nd floor of the International Terminal, near the boarding gates. This prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, ablution facilities, and a Qibla direction indicator.
2. Buddhist Worship Area – Located on the 3rd floor of the International Terminal, near the boarding gates. This area is designed for Buddhist passengers to offer their prayers and perform their rituals.
3. Christian Worship Area – Located on the 3rd floor of the International Terminal, near the boarding gates. This area is designed for Christian passengers to offer their prayers and perform their rituals.
4. Hindu Worship Area – Located on the 3rd floor of the International Terminal, near the boarding gates. This area is designed for Hindu passengers to offer their prayers and perform their rituals.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24 hours a day and are free of charge. Passengers of all faiths are welcome to use these facilities.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Phuket International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace options. There are several seating areas with power outlets and USB ports, allowing passengers to charge their devices and work comfortably. Additionally, there are several cafes and restaurants with seating areas that offer a more relaxed atmosphere for working or studying.
Business Lounge: For those who require a more private and professional workspace, the airport has a business lounge that offers a range of amenities, including high-speed WiFi, comfortable seating, and refreshments. The lounge is available to passengers for a fee and is an excellent option for those who need to work or relax in a quiet and comfortable environment.
Overall, Phuket International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to make your time at the airport as comfortable and productive as possible.
The Phuket International Airport is a hub for travelers in Thailand and boasts a variety of lounges for travelers to relax in. These lounges are located throughout the airport and offer exclusive services and amenities. Here is a list of the lounges available at the Phuket International Airport:
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Departure Level (Mezzanine Floor)
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Lounge – Departure Level (Mezzanine Floor)
- Thai Smile Lounge – Departure Level (Mezzanine Floor)
- Thai Airways Royal Silk Lounge – Departure Level (1st Floor)
- EVA Air Lounge – Departure Level (1st Floor)
- Lounge Central – Departure Level (1st Floor)
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Arrival Level (2nd Floor)
Accomodation Options Nearby Phuket International Airport
Phuket International Airport, located in the tropical paradise of Phuket, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs and preferences of travelers. Whether you’re seeking budget-friendly lodgings or indulging in luxury, the airport has got you covered. Here are the various accommodation options available:
1. On-Site Hotels:
a) Sleep Box Aonang: This budget-friendly hotel offers compact yet comfortable sleeping pods, ideal for short layovers or overnight stays. It provides basic amenities such as Wi-Fi and is conveniently located within the airport complex.
b) Louis’ Phuket Airport Hotel: A mid-range option boasting modern and well-appointed rooms, Louis’ Phuket Airport Hotel provides a comfortable stay close to the airport. Guests can enjoy an outdoor pool, fitness center, and restaurant services.
2. Nearby Hotels:
a) Hotel I Deva Beach Resort: Situated merely 2 kilometers from the airport, this mid-range resort offers comfortable rooms with sea views. The property features a private beach, swimming pool, and on-site dining options.
b) Phuket Airport Place: A budget-friendly choice just a short drive away, Phuket Airport Place provides convenient rooms equipped with essential amenities. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi, shuttle services, and a relaxed atmosphere.
3. Resorts and Villas:
a) Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas: For those seeking luxury, Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas offers opulent private pool villas, indulgent spa treatments, and exquisite dining options. This five-star resort is located just a short drive from the airport.
b) Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa: Situated on Mai Khao beach, this upscale resort combines contemporary design with traditional Thai elements. Guests can enjoy beachfront access, multiple swimming pools, a spa, and various dining venues.
4. Beachfront Hotels:
a) The Slate Phuket: Nestled along the stunning Nai Yang Beach, The Slate Phuket treats guests to a unique blend of design, comfort, and tranquility. It offers stylish rooms, beach access, multiple pools, a spa, and enticing dining options.
b) JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa: One of Phuket’s finest five-star beachfront resorts, JW Marriott offers luxurious accommodations, a private beach, multiple pools, indulgent spa treatments, and a wide range of dining options.
From the convenience of on-site hotels to nearby budget options, and from lavish resorts to picturesque beachfront properties, Phuket International Airport ensures that travelers find the perfect accommodation to suit their preferences and budgets, providing a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
1. Big Buddha: Located just a short drive from Phuket International Airport, the Big Buddha is one of the island’s most iconic landmarks. Rising 45 meters tall, this magnificent statue offers breathtaking panoramic views of Phuket’s coastline.
2. Wat Chalong: A visit to Wat Chalong, Phuket’s largest and most revered Buddhist temple, is a must for those interested in Thai culture and spirituality. Admire the intricate architecture and experience the peaceful ambiance of this sacred site.
3. Phuket Elephant Sanctuary: For animal lovers, a visit to the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary is an unforgettable experience. This ethical sanctuary provides a home for rescued elephants and offers visitors the chance to observe these majestic creatures in a natural and caring environment.
4. Phang Nga Bay: Just a short boat ride from Phuket International Airport, Phang Nga Bay is a stunning natural wonder. Explore the mesmerizing limestone cliffs and crystal-clear waters by kayak or take a longtail boat tour to visit famous spots like James Bond Island.
5. Old Phuket Town: Immerse yourself in Phuket’s rich history by visiting Old Phuket Town. Wander through the charming streets lined with colorful Sino-Portuguese buildings, try local delicacies at the vibrant night markets, and explore unique art galleries and boutique shops.
6. Freedom Beach: Located not far from the airport, Freedom Beach is a hidden gem for those seeking tranquility and natural beauty. Accessed by a short boat ride or a jungle trek, this secluded beach offers crystal-clear waters, pristine white sand, and lush vegetation.
7. Kata Noi Beach: Situated on Phuket’s southwest coast, Kata Noi Beach is known for its stunning scenery and calm azure waters. Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, or try your hand at surfing in the gentle waves. This beach is also home to several excellent dining establishments and resorts.
8. Promthep Cape: Head south from the airport to Promthep Cape, Phuket’s most famous viewpoint. Enjoy panoramic vistas of the Andaman Sea, especially during the magical sunset hours. This viewpoint is also a popular spot for wedding proposals and photography enthusiasts.
9. Phi Phi Islands: Embark on an unforgettable day trip to the world-famous Phi Phi Islands, located just a short boat ride from Phuket. Marvel at the towering limestone cliffs, swim in crystal-clear turquoise waters, and snorkel amidst colorful coral reefs teeming with marine life.
10. Similan Islands: Nature lovers and scuba diving enthusiasts should not miss the opportunity to visit the Similan Islands, accessible by boat or liveaboard from Phuket. These pristine islands offer stunning underwater landscapes, including vibrant coral reefs and various marine species such as turtles and manta rays.
With these attractions near Phuket International Airport, visitors can make the most of their time on the island, soaking in its natural beauty, cultural heritage, and diverse activities.
History of Phuket International Airport
Phuket International Airport is the second busiest airport in Thailand, located on the island of Phuket. The airport was first opened in 1976 as a small domestic airport with limited facilities. However, with the growth of tourism in Phuket, the airport underwent several expansions and upgrades to accommodate the increasing number of passengers.
In 2001, the airport underwent a major renovation and expansion project, which included the construction of a new international terminal and runway. The new terminal was designed to handle up to 6.5 million passengers per year, and the runway was extended to 3,000 meters to accommodate larger aircraft.
Since then, Phuket International Airport has continued to grow and expand, with new airlines and destinations being added regularly. In 2018, the airport handled over 16 million passengers, making it one of the busiest airports in Southeast Asia.
Today, Phuket International Airport is a modern and efficient airport, offering a wide range of facilities and services for passengers. These include duty-free shops, restaurants, lounges, and a range of transportation options to and from the airport. With its strategic location and excellent facilities, Phuket International Airport is an important gateway to the popular tourist destination of Phuket and the surrounding areas.
Other Airports in Phuket Province, Thailand