The Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, located in the United States, is a critical military installation used for training exercises and tactical operations. Nestled within the heart of the Big Island of Hawaii, this airstrip serves as a vital hub for military aircraft operations, ensuring efficient deployment and readiness.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
- Other Airports in Hawaii, United States
How to Get to Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
To get to Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip in the United States, follow these directions. The airstrip is located on the Big Island of Hawaii. If you are flying into the area, the nearest major airport is the Hilo International Airport (ITO). From there, you can rent a car or arrange for transportation to the training area.
From Hilo International Airport, head east on Airport Road towards Kanoelehua Avenue. Turn left onto Kanoelehua Avenue and continue on this road for approximately 2 miles. Then, turn right onto Highway 200 (also known as Saddle Road) and continue for about 47 miles. Look for signs that indicate the turnoff to Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip.
Once you reach Pohakuloa Training Area, follow the signs and instructions provided by the military personnel at the gate. Ensure that you have the necessary identification documents and permits if required for entry.
It is important to note that Pohakuloa Training Area is an active military installation, so always respect any safety regulations and guidelines as well as any instructions given by the military officials on site.
Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, located in the United States, serves as an important military airfield. While primarily serving the needs of the military, it also offers transportation options for civilians under certain circumstances. Here are the transportation options available at Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip:
1. Military Flights: The primary use of Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip is for military flights, serving both domestic and international destinations. This ensures efficient and timely transportation for military personnel and equipment.
2. Civilian Charter Flights: On occasion, the airstrip may allow civilian charter flights to operate. These flights are usually authorized for specific purposes, such as emergency medical evacuations or government-related activities. It is important to note that civilian charter flights are subject to strict regulations and prior approval.
3. Accessible Road Network: Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip is conveniently connected to a well-developed road network, allowing for ground transportation options. These roads provide easy access to nearby towns and cities, facilitating the movement of personnel and supplies.
4. Public Transportation: While public transportation does not directly serve the airstrip itself, it is available in nearby towns and cities. Passengers can utilize taxis, ride-sharing services, buses, or shuttles to reach and depart from the Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip.
5. Private Vehicle: For those with access to a private vehicle, driving to and from the airstrip is a viable option. The well-maintained road network ensures a smooth journey, along with parking facilities available at the airstrip.
6. Rental Cars: Visitors to the Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip can rent a car from nearby rental agencies. This provides flexibility and convenience, allowing them to explore the surrounding area at their own pace while easily accessing the airstrip.
7. Accommodations: For those needing lodging near the airstrip, several hotels and accommodations are available within a reasonable distance. Many of these establishments provide transportation options for their guests, including shuttle services to and from the Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip.
It is important to note that access to Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip may be restricted at times due to military activities or security considerations. Prior coordination and permissions may be required for civilian transportation options.
Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA) Airstrip in the United States offers convenient car parking facilities for visitors and travelers. The parking areas at PTA Airstrip are strategically located near the airfield, ensuring easy access for individuals coming to the training area. There are two primary car parking areas on site, each serving different purposes.
Firstly, there is a designated short-term parking area available near the main terminal building. This parking lot is ideal for those dropping off or picking up passengers, as well as for those who require temporary parking while conducting business at the airstrip. Visitors can conveniently park their vehicles here and access the terminal building without any hassle.
Secondly, PTA Airstrip features a long-term parking area where individuals can confidently leave their vehicles for an extended duration. Whether it be for extended training exercises, extended travel plans, or other reasons, this long-term parking facility fulfills the needs of those requiring extended vehicle storage. The parking lot is secure and provides peace of mind for individuals leaving their cars unattended for an extended period.
Both the short-term and long-term parking areas at Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip are located within proximity to the airfield. This ensures that visitors can easily walk to the terminal building or directly access their vehicles upon arrival or departure. The parking areas are well-maintained, organized, and clearly marked, allowing for a seamless parking experience.
Visitors to PTA Airstrip can rely on these car parking facilities to ensure the safety and convenience of their vehicles while they engage in training activities or travel to and from the area. Whether for short-term or long-term parking needs, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip offers reliable parking options in close proximity to the airfield.
Car Rental at Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip is a strategically located military installation in the United States designed to support training exercises and operations. Situated in the state of Hawaii, it serves as a crucial airfield for various branches of the armed forces. This well-maintained airstrip is situated within the vast Pohakuloa Training Area, which offers approximately 133,000 acres of rugged terrain for military training exercises.
The Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities to accommodate a range of aircraft. Its well-paved runways and supporting infrastructure ensure smooth and efficient operations for military aircraft of varying sizes and capabilities. The airstrip embodies the careful planning and consideration required to meet the unique demands of military aviation.
With its strategic location in the heart of the Pacific, the Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip plays an essential role in supporting national defense and readiness. It serves as a crucial hub for training exercises, allowing military units to enhance their operational capabilities in a realistic environment. The airfield’s close proximity to the training area allows for seamless integration between air and ground units, contributing to comprehensive and cohesive military training objectives.
Overall, the Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip stands as a vital asset for the United States military. Its well-maintained runways, advanced facilities, and strategic location enable military units to conduct essential training exercises and enhance their operational readiness. By providing a realistic training environment, the airstrip plays a crucial role in preparing the armed forces for a wide range of real-world scenarios.
The Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip is primarily a military airfield and does not have regularly scheduled commercial airline service. Therefore, there are no specific commercial airlines operating at this airstrip.
Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, located in the state of Hawaii, serves as a crucial training and operational facility for various branches of the United States military. This airstrip is subject to strict security protocols to ensure the safety of personnel and the integrity of military operations. These protocols are in place to protect sensitive information, deter potential threats, and maintain the overall security of the facility.
Access to Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip is carefully controlled and limited to authorized personnel only. All individuals entering the facility must undergo thorough identity verification processes and possess proper credentials. The strict authorization requirements help to prevent unauthorized access to classified areas and safeguard the sensitive information and equipment housed within the training area.
The installation also employs a multi-layered security approach, combining physical security measures with advanced surveillance technologies. Security personnel are trained to detect and respond to potential threats promptly. Intrusion detection systems, closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, and monitoring stations are strategically placed across the site to provide comprehensive coverage and enhance security measures.
Furthermore, the training area’s security protocols include stringent procedures for handling classified information and materials. Personnel with access to classified areas must adhere to strict security guidelines to prevent unauthorized disclosure. Regular training and awareness campaigns are conducted to reinforce the importance of security measures and educate personnel about their roles and responsibilities in maintaining operational security.
In conclusion, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip implements rigorous security protocols to ensure the safety and integrity of military operations. These measures include strict access controls, comprehensive surveillance systems, and protocols for handling classified information. By maintaining a high level of security, the facility mitigates potential risks and ensures the continued readiness and effectiveness of the United States military.
Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, located in the state of Hawaii, serves as a critical military training facility for the United States Armed Forces. Situated on the Island of Hawaii, this airstrip plays a significant role in enhancing the readiness and capabilities of military personnel. The expansive training area provides a realistic environment for various military exercises, including air operations, ground maneuvers, and live-fire training.
For travelers visiting the Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, it is important to note that this facility primarily caters to military operations and is not intended for commercial use or public access. Therefore, it is crucial to adhere to all security protocols and restrictions in place. Visitors should also be mindful of potential disruptions or closures during military exercises, which might temporarily limit access to certain areas.
To ensure a smooth experience, travelers are advised to consult local authorities or the Department of Defense for any specific travel assistance related to the Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip. Additionally, it is essential to stay updated with the latest guidelines and regulations, as they may vary depending on the current military activities and security measures.
While the Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip may not be a destination for casual travelers, it is a crucial facility that contributes to the training and preparedness of the United States military forces. Its strategic location in the beautiful Hawaiian Islands serves as a testament to the commitment of the armed forces in maintaining readiness and conducting realistic training exercises to safeguard national security.
Shops and Restaurants
Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, located in the United States, is a unique destination that offers more than just military training facilities. While primarily known for its military operations and training exercises, the area also caters to the needs of visitors by providing a range of shops and restaurants.
Shops at Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip offer a variety of merchandise to enhance your visit. Whether you are in need of military gear, outdoor equipment, or souvenirs to commemorate your experience, you can find it here. The shops are well-stocked and staffed by knowledgeable personnel who can assist you in finding exactly what you’re looking for.
When it comes to dining, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip doesn’t disappoint. The area boasts a selection of restaurants that cater to different tastes and preferences. From casual eateries to more upscale dining options, you can indulge in a variety of cuisines. Whether you’re craving a juicy burger, a slice of pizza, or a hearty steak, you’ll find a restaurant that satisfies your appetite.
In addition to the shops and restaurants, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip offers a range of amenities to make your visit comfortable and convenient. There are restrooms, parking facilities, and seating areas available for visitors to relax and take a break. The staff at the airstrip are friendly and accommodating, ensuring that your needs are met throughout your time there.
Overall, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip provides a well-rounded experience for visitors, offering a variety of shops and restaurants to enhance their stay. Whether you’re a military personnel, a tourist, or a local, the area caters to everyone’s needs with its diverse range of amenities. So, the next time you find yourself in the vicinity, be sure to explore the shops and enjoy a delicious meal at one of the restaurants at Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA), located on the Big Island of Hawaii, houses an airstrip that serves as a vital transportation hub for military operations. While primarily used for training purposes, the PTA airstrip also accommodates various aircraft and facilitates military exercises.
Within the PTA, there are dedicated prayer rooms and worship areas that cater to the spiritual needs of personnel and visitors. These spaces are designed to provide a peaceful environment for individuals to engage in religious practices and reflections.
The specific locations of prayer rooms and worship areas within PTA may vary, as they are dispersed throughout the training area to ensure accessibility for all personnel. These areas are strategically placed to serve different units and facilitate ease of use.
To find the nearest prayer room or worship area within Pohakuloa Training Area, individuals can consult the base directory or approach the base chaplain’s office for guidance. The chaplain’s office will be able to provide detailed information on the exact locations and accessibility of these spiritual spaces.
It is crucial to note that these prayer rooms and worship areas are intended for military personnel and authorized visitors. They offer a sanctuary for individuals to find solace, engage in religious practices, and seek spiritual guidance amidst the demands of military training and operations.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, located in the United States, offers a range of convenient amenities for travelers seeking WiFi and workspace facilities. Whether you are a business professional needing a productive environment or a leisure traveler looking to stay connected, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip has got you covered.
Firstly, the airport provides reliable and high-speed WiFi connectivity throughout its premises. Whether you are waiting for your flight, catching up on emails, or conducting important online research, you can stay connected seamlessly. The WiFi network ensures a stable and fast internet connection, allowing you to work efficiently or simply browse the web without any interruptions.
Moreover, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip offers dedicated workspace facilities for those needing a productive environment. These workspaces are designed with comfort and functionality in mind, providing you with a quiet and well-equipped area to focus on your tasks. Whether you need to finish a presentation, have a video conference, or simply need a space to concentrate, these workspaces offer a conducive environment to enhance your productivity.
In addition to the WiFi and workspace facilities, the airport also provides amenities such as power outlets and comfortable seating arrangements. These features ensure that you can work or relax without worrying about your device’s battery life or discomfort.
Furthermore, the airport staff is friendly and knowledgeable, always ready to assist you with any queries or technical support you may require. They can provide guidance on connecting to the WiFi network, offer recommendations on nearby amenities, or address any other concerns you might have.
Overall, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip in the United States offers excellent WiFi and workspace facilities, catering to the needs of both business and leisure travelers. With reliable internet connectivity, well-equipped workspaces, and a welcoming staff, this airport strives to provide a seamless and productive experience for all its visitors.
Accomodation Options Nearby Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA) Airstrip, located on the Big Island of Hawaii, offers a range of accommodation options for visitors seeking to explore the unique natural beauty of this scenic destination. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly stay or indulging in luxury accommodations, PTA has you covered.
1. Campgrounds: For those seeking a more affordable and rustic experience, camping at PTA’s designated campgrounds is a popular option. Visitors can enjoy the serene natural surroundings while staying in tents or RVs.
2. Lodges and Cabins: PTA provides basic lodges and cabins for visitors looking for a comfortable and convenient stay. These accommodations offer necessary amenities and a cozy atmosphere for a relaxing experience.
3. Military Billeting: Designed primarily for military personnel, but also available to eligible civilians, PTA offers on-base lodging options. These facilities provide comfortable rooms, often equipped with essential amenities such as Wi-Fi and kitchenettes, at reasonable rates.
4. Vacation Rentals: Those seeking more personalized accommodations can explore vacation rentals near PTA. These options vary from budget-friendly studio apartments to larger houses, providing a home-like atmosphere with fully-equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, and often additional amenities such as pools or private gardens.
5. Hotels and Resorts: Though located a bit farther away, visitors can find several hotels and resorts within driving distance from PTA. These establishments offer a range of amenities, from mid-range to high-end, including swimming pools, fitness centers, on-site restaurants, and breathtaking views of the surrounding scenery.
6. Luxury Resorts and Private Villas: For those seeking the pinnacle of luxury, a short drive from PTA will lead you to high-end resorts, which offer world-class amenities, opulent suites, fine dining options, breathtaking ocean views, spas, and exclusive beach access. Private villas for rent provide discerning guests with total privacy and personalized service.
It’s important to note that availability may vary, particularly for vacation rentals, luxury resorts, and private villas. Advanced planning and booking are recommended to secure accommodation that best suits your preferences and budget.
1. Mauna Kea Summit: Located just 20 miles south of Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, the majestic Mauna Kea Summit offers a breathtaking experience. Rising 13,796 feet above sea level, it is the highest peak in the Pacific region, known for its observatories and stargazing opportunities.
2. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Approximately 30 miles southeast lies the awe-inspiring Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. This iconic attraction allows visitors to witness the active Kilauea volcano, explore volcanic landscapes, hike through lush rainforests, and even see a lava tube.
3. Akaka Falls State Park: Nestled about 60 miles northeast, Akaka Falls State Park showcases lush vegetation, scenic trails, and two magnificent waterfalls, including the 442-foot Akaka Falls, surrounded by the beauty of tropical flora.
4. Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area: Just a 45-minute drive west, visitors can relax on the shores of Hapuna Beach State Recreation Area. This pristine and expansive sandy beach provides opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing with incredible views of turquoise waters.
5. Hamakua Coast: Situated around 60 miles northeast, the Hamakua Coast offers stunning coastal vistas, cascading waterfalls, and charming small towns like Honokaa. Visitors can enjoy scenic drives, explore botanical gardens, and learn about the region’s history and cultural heritage.
6. Waimea: Located 25 miles west, the town of Waimea offers a charming experience with its rolling green hills, ranches, and galleries showcasing local arts and crafts. Visitors can also savor delicious farm-to-table cuisine in local eateries.
7. Liliuokalani Gardens: Just 75 miles northeast lies the Liliuokalani Gardens, a peaceful Japanese-style garden reflecting the island’s vibrant heritage. Visitors can stroll through the beautifully manicured landscapes, spot koi fish in serene ponds, and admire traditional Japanese bridges and pagodas.
8. Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park: Approximately 75 miles northwest, Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park honors Hawaii’s rich history and cultural significance. Visitors can explore ancient fishponds, hike through lava fields, and learn about the traditional Hawaiian way of life.
9. Waipi’o Valley: Roughly 70 miles northeast, Waipi’o Valley is a hidden gem known for its stunning natural beauty. Often referred to as the “Valley of Kings,” it features dramatic cliffs, cascading waterfalls, and lush taro fields. Adventurous travelers can hike down into the valley or take guided tours to experience its enchantment.
10. Kona Coffee Farms: Just a 45-minute drive southwest, Kona Coffee Farms provide visitors with an opportunity to explore the world-famous coffee plantations. Learn about the coffee-making process, taste freshly brewed coffee, and take home some of the finest Kona coffee beans as souvenirs.
Please note that distances mentioned are approximate, and local weather conditions and travel restrictions should be considered before visiting these attractions.
History of Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip, located in the United States, holds significant historical significance as a military training facility. Situated amidst the lava fields of Hawaii’s Big Island, this airstrip has played a crucial role in training and supporting the U.S. Armed Forces for several decades. Originally established during World War II, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip served as an essential training ground and airfield for the troops stationed in the Pacific. It provided a strategic location for honing combat skills and conducting military exercises.
Over time, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip has evolved into a vital training facility for various branches of the military, including the Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marines. The expansive airstrip and training area offer diverse terrain and environmental conditions, making it an ideal location for units to practice their skills and prepare for real-world scenarios. From air-to-ground and close air support exercises to parachute drops and aviation operations, the versatility of Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip ensures comprehensive training across a range of military specialties.
Apart from its training capabilities, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip holds value as a connection to the area’s cultural and historical heritage. The land surrounding the airstrip is rich in Hawaiian culture and history, thus emphasizing the importance of preserving the site and respecting its cultural significance. The military has collaborated with the local community and Native Hawaiian organizations to establish an active stewardship program, ensuring responsible land use and sustainable conservation practices.
In summary, Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip stands as a testament to the United States’ commitment to military readiness and preparedness. Its strategic location and diverse training opportunities have supported the training needs of the armed forces for many years. Simultaneously, the collaboration with local communities highlights the military’s respect for the cultural and historical significance of the land. The Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip remains an invaluable asset in maintaining the military’s capabilities while preserving the area’s natural and cultural heritage.
Other Airports in Hawaii, United States
- Barking Sands Airport
- Bradshaw Army Airfield
- Brandt Field
- Daniel K Inouye International Airport
- Dillingham Airfield
- Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole
- Ford Island Naval Auxiliary Landing Field
- French Frigate Shoals Airport
- Haiku Airstrip
- Hana Airport
- Hanamaulu Airstrip
- HI 23 Airstrip
- Hickam Air Force Base
- Hilo International Airport
- Honokaa Airstrip
- Kaalaiki Airstrip
- Kahului Airport
- Kalaeloa Airport
- Kalaupapa Airport
- Kaneohe Bay MCAS (Marion E. Carl Field) Airport
- Kapalua Airport
- Lanai Airport
- Lihue Airport
- Molokai Airport
- Mountain View Airstrip
- Pahala Airstrip
- Panda Airport
- Pepeekeo Airstrip
- Pohakuloa Training Area Airstrip
- Port Allen Airport
- Princeville Airport
- Upolu Airport
- Upper Paauilo Airstrip
- Waimea Kohala Airport
- Wheeler Army Airfield