Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is the main airport serving the French overseas region of Guadeloupe. Located on the island of Grande-Terre, the airport handles both domestic and international flights, connecting Guadeloupe to destinations across the Caribbean, Europe, and North America.
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport
- Other Airports in Guadeloupe, Guadeloupe
How to Get to Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is located in Guadeloupe, a French overseas territory in the Caribbean. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and preferences.
If you are staying in Pointe-a-Pitre or nearby cities, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The ride takes about 10-15 minutes and costs around 20-30 euros.
Another option is to take a bus. The bus system in Guadeloupe is reliable and affordable, with several routes connecting different parts of the island. The bus stop for the airport is located outside the terminal building, and the fare is around 2 euros.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from the N1 highway. There is a large parking lot outside the terminal building, with both short-term and long-term options available.
Overall, getting to Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is straightforward and hassle-free, with several transportation options to choose from. Just make sure to plan ahead and allow enough time to get to the airport before your flight.
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is the main airport serving Guadeloupe, a French overseas territory in the Caribbean. If you are planning to travel to or from this airport, there are several transportation options available to you. Here are some of the most popular ones:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fare is metered, and the rates are regulated by the government. You can expect to pay around 25-30 euros for a ride to Pointe-a-Pitre, the capital city of Guadeloupe.
2. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the island on your own. The rates vary depending on the type of car and the duration of the rental.
3. Shuttle Services: Some hotels and resorts offer shuttle services to and from the airport. If you are staying at one of these properties, it is worth checking if they offer this service.
4. Public Transportation: There are several bus routes that connect the airport to different parts of the island. However, the buses can be crowded and may not be the most comfortable option, especially if you have a lot of luggage.
5. Private Transfers: Private transfer services are available and can be booked in advance. These services offer a more comfortable and personalized experience, and the rates are usually competitive with taxi fares.
In conclusion, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit different needs and budgets. Whether you prefer the convenience of a taxi or the freedom of a rental car, you can find a transportation option that works for you.
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. P0 – Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time.
2. P1 – Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time.
3. P2 – Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and is the most affordable option for those who need to park for an extended period of time.
4. P3 – VIP parking: This parking area is located closest to the terminal building and offers a premium parking experience for those who want to park in a more exclusive area.
All parking areas are secure and monitored 24/7, ensuring the safety of your vehicle while you are away. Additionally, there are shuttle buses available to transport passengers from the economy parking area to the terminal building.
Car Rental at Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Europcar Pointe-a-Pitre
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is the main airport serving the island of Guadeloupe in the Caribbean. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are located within walking distance of each other. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles most of the airport’s international flights, while Terminal 2 is used for regional flights.
Terminal 1 is a modern and spacious terminal that offers a range of facilities and services for passengers. The terminal has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as duty-free shopping and currency exchange services. There are also several lounges available for passengers who want to relax before their flight. The terminal is equipped with free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and baggage storage facilities.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is primarily used for regional flights to other Caribbean islands. The terminal has a few shops and restaurants, as well as a lounge for passengers. Like Terminal 1, it is equipped with free Wi-Fi and charging stations.
Both terminals are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The airport also provides a range of transportation options, including taxis, buses, and rental cars, making it easy for passengers to get to and from the airport. Overall, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides a high level of service to its passengers.
1. Air Antilles
2. Air Caraibes
3. Air France
4. American Airlines
5. Corsair International
6. Delta Air Lines
8. Norwegian Air Shuttle
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is a major airport located in Guadeloupe, a French overseas territory in the Caribbean. The airport is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of its passengers, staff, and cargo. To achieve this, the airport has implemented a number of security protocols that are designed to prevent any potential threats from entering the airport.
One of the key security protocols at Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. All passengers and their luggage are screened using state-of-the-art equipment, including X-ray machines and metal detectors. This helps to identify any prohibited items or potential threats that may be carried by passengers or in their luggage.
In addition to screening technology, the airport also employs a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security incidents. These personnel are equipped with the latest security equipment and are trained to identify and respond to potential threats quickly and effectively.
Overall, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety and security of its passengers, staff, and cargo. These measures are constantly reviewed and updated to ensure that the airport remains at the forefront of airport security.
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is the main airport serving the island of Guadeloupe in the Caribbean. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for passengers. These services include baggage assistance, wheelchair assistance, and language assistance.
Baggage assistance is available to help passengers with their luggage from the check-in counter to the boarding gate. This service is particularly helpful for those with heavy or bulky luggage. Wheelchair assistance is also available for passengers with reduced mobility. The airport provides wheelchairs and trained staff to assist passengers with getting around the airport and boarding their flight.
Language assistance is available for non-French speaking passengers. The airport has staff who speak English and other languages to help passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. Additionally, the airport has information desks located throughout the terminal to provide passengers with information about flights, transportation, and other services.
Overall, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. These services are designed to make travel easier and more enjoyable, and are available to all passengers regardless of their needs or circumstances.
Shops and Restaurants
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty Free: This shop offers a wide range of tax-free products, including perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, and tobacco.
– Souvenir shops: There are several souvenir shops at the airport where travelers can purchase gifts and mementos of their trip to Guadeloupe.
– Newsstands: There are several newsstands at the airport where travelers can purchase newspapers, magazines, and books.
– Le Bistrot: This restaurant offers a variety of French and Creole dishes, as well as sandwiches and salads.
– Le Bar: This bar serves a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as light snacks.
– Starbucks: This popular coffee chain has a location at the airport, offering travelers their favorite coffee drinks and snacks.
– Quick: This fast food chain offers burgers, fries, and other quick and easy meals for travelers on the go.
Overall, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport has a good selection of shops and restaurants to keep travelers entertained and well-fed during their time at the airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith during their travels. These areas are located in various parts of the airport for easy access.
1. Catholic Chapel – Located on the first floor of the airport, near the boarding gates. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for Catholic passengers to pray and reflect.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the first floor of the airport, near the boarding gates. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a clean and quiet space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers.
3. Protestant Chapel – Located on the first floor of the airport, near the boarding gates. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers a serene environment for Protestant passengers to worship and meditate.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the first floor of the airport, near the boarding gates. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a private space for Jewish passengers to pray and observe their religious customs.
Overall, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport recognizes the importance of religious diversity and strives to accommodate the needs of all passengers. These prayer rooms and worship areas offer a peaceful and respectful environment for passengers to practice their faith while traveling.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workstations equipped with power outlets and comfortable seating. These workstations are located in the departure lounge and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Business Lounge: The airport also has a business lounge, which provides a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers who need to work or relax before their flight. The lounge offers free WiFi, power outlets, and complimentary snacks and drinks.
Meeting Rooms: For business travelers who need to hold meetings or conferences, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 50 people.
Overall, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to make the most of your time before your flight.
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport offers a variety of lounges to travelers looking to relax and refresh before their flights. Here is a list of them and their respective locations:
- Air France Lounge: Located in the Departures Area after Security Control.
- Salon Air Caraibes: Located in the Departures Area after Security Control.
- Air Antilles Express Lounge: Located in the Departures Area after Security Control.
- Salon Air France KLM: Located in the Departures Area after Security Control.
- VIP Lounge: Located in the Departures Area after Security Control.
Accomodation Options Nearby Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport
1. Budget-friendly options:
– Airport Lounge: Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport offers a comfortable lounge area where weary travelers can rest and relax, providing basic seating facilities.
– Sleeping Pods: For those on a tight budget, the airport provides sleeping pods equipped with a bed, charging facilities, and privacy curtains. They offer a convenient and cost-effective solution for catching up on sleep during layovers.
– Nearby Hostels: Within a short distance from the airport, several affordable hostels cater to budget-conscious travelers seeking a comfortable place to stay, offering basic amenities such as shared dormitories, communal areas, and kitchen facilities.
2. Mid-range accommodations:
– Airport Hotels: Adjacent to the airport, you’ll find mid-range hotels that cater to travelers seeking comfortable rooms and convenient access to the terminal. These hotels typically offer amenities like restaurants, Wi-Fi, and shuttle services to enhance the stay.
– Guesthouses and Bed & Breakfasts: Located in the nearby vicinity, guesthouses and B&Bs offer a cozy and homely atmosphere for travelers. These options often provide private rooms, complimentary breakfast, and personalized service.
3. Luxury accommodations:
– Resorts and Hotels: For luxury-seekers, a short drive from the airport will lead you to exquisite resorts and elegant hotels. These establishments boast lavish rooms, stunning views, gourmet dining options, spa facilities, and other upscale amenities. Some may even offer direct beach access.
– Boutique Hotels: Perfect for those seeking exclusivity and personalized experiences, boutique hotels provide a unique blend of style, charm, and top-notch services. They often feature stylishly designed rooms, high-end restaurants, and a wide array of amenities such as swimming pools and fitness centers.
No matter your budget or accommodation preference, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport and its surrounding areas offer a diverse range of options to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for every traveler.
1. Memorial ACTe: Located just a short distance from Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport, the Memorial ACTe is a fascinating museum dedicated to the memory and history of slavery in Guadeloupe and the Caribbean. It offers thought-provoking exhibits, interactive displays, and a modern architectural design that is worth exploring.
2. Fort Fleur d’Epee: Situated on the outskirts of Pointe-a-Pitre, Fort Fleur d’Epee is a historic fortification that dates back to the 18th century. Visitors can take a guided tour and learn about the fort’s role in defending Guadeloupe from invasions. The fort’s panoramic views of the sea and surrounding area make for great photo opportunities.
3. Petit-Cul-de-Sac-Marin: For nature lovers, a visit to the scenic bay of Petit-Cul-de-Sac-Marin is a must. This protected marine reserve offers opportunities for snorkeling, diving, and boating. Explore its vibrant coral reefs, encounter diverse marine life, or simply relax on the beautiful sandy beaches.
4. Jardin de Balata: A short drive from the airport, Jardin de Balata is a stunning botanical garden filled with lush vegetation, exotic flowers, and tropical birds. Visitors can take leisurely walks along its picturesque paths, admire the variety of plant species, and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
5. Aquarium de la Guadeloupe: Located in the heart of Pointe-a-Pitre, the Aquarium de la Guadeloupe is a popular attraction especially for families. The aquarium showcases a rich diversity of marine life found in the Caribbean region, with exhibits that include colorful coral reefs, sea turtles, and sharks.
6. St. Martinique Falls: Just outside of Pointe-a-Pitre, the refreshing St. Martinique Falls offers a peaceful oasis amidst tropical forests. Visitors can take a dip in its crystal-clear natural pools, explore walking trails, and enjoy the soothing sound of cascading water.
7. Mémorial ACTe – Caribbean Center of Expression and Memory of the Slave Trade and Slavery: This museum, located near the airport, provides insight into the history of slavery and its impact on the Caribbean. Through interactive exhibits, it educates visitors about the transatlantic slave trade, resistance movements, and the continuing impact on Caribbean societies.
8. Îles des Saintes: A short boat ride from Pointe-a-Pitre, the Îles des Saintes is an archipelago consisting of several picturesque islands. These idyllic islands offer stunning beaches, charming villages, and panoramic viewpoints. Visitors can explore the quaint streets, enjoy fresh seafood, and savor the relaxed island atmosphere.
9. Pointe des Châteaux: Situated on the eastern tip of Grande-Terre Island, Pointe des Châteaux is a dramatic and rugged coastal area known for its unique rock formations. Visitors can hike along trails that lead to breathtaking viewpoints overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and neighboring islands.
10. Plage de la Datcha: Located in the heart of Pointe-a-Pitre, Plage de la Datcha is a popular beach where locals and tourists gather to sunbathe, swim, and enjoy water sports. With its golden sand, calm waters, and palm trees, it offers a perfect spot to relax and soak up the Caribbean ambiance.
History of Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport
Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is located in the city of Pointe-a-Pitre on the island of Grande-Terre in Guadeloupe. The airport was first opened in 1953 and was initially used for military purposes. It was not until 1965 that the airport was opened to commercial flights.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 2006, a new terminal was opened, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle up to 2 million passengers per year.
Today, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the Caribbean, serving as a hub for several airlines, including Air France, Air Caraibes, and LIAT. The airport offers flights to destinations throughout the Caribbean, Europe, and North America, making it an important gateway to the region. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Pointe-a-Pitre Le Raizet International Airport is an essential part of Guadeloupe’s tourism industry and a vital link to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Guadeloupe, Guadeloupe