The Portland International Jetport is a public airport located in Portland, Maine. It serves as the primary airport for the state of Maine and is the busiest airport in the state.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Portland International Jetport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Portland International Jetport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Portland International Jetport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Portland International Jetport
- Other Airports in Maine, United States
How to Get to Portland International Jetport
Portland International Jetport is located in Portland, Maine and is easily accessible by car, bus, or taxi. If you are driving, take I-95 to Exit 46 and follow the signs to the airport. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as a cell phone lot for those waiting to pick up passengers.
If you prefer to take public transportation, the Greater Portland Metro Bus offers several routes that stop at the airport. Route 5 and Route 7 both have stops at the airport terminal, and Route 1 stops at the Jetport Plaza, which is a short walk from the terminal.
If you need a taxi, there are several companies that service the airport, including Portland Taxi, Airport Taxi, and Jetport Taxi. You can find them outside of the baggage claim area on the lower level of the terminal.
Overall, getting to Portland International Jetport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs.
Portland International Jetport is a popular airport in Maine that serves thousands of passengers every year. If you are planning to travel to or from this airport, you have several transportation options to choose from. Here are some of the most popular Portland International Jetport transportation options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the terminal building and can take you to your destination in Portland or the surrounding areas. The fares are metered, and the rates are regulated by the city.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. You can rent a car and drive yourself to your destination.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport, offering shared or private rides to various destinations in Portland and beyond. Some of the popular shuttle services include Maine Limousine Service, Portland Discovery Land & Sea Tours, and Portland Express Shuttle.
4. Public transportation: The Greater Portland Metro Bus provides regular service to and from the airport. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building, and the fare is affordable.
5. Ride-sharing: Uber and Lyft operate in Portland, and you can use their apps to book a ride to your destination. The pick-up area is located outside the terminal building.
No matter which transportation option you choose, make sure to plan ahead and book in advance to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Portland International Jetport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Hourly Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for short-term parking needs. The hourly parking rate is $3 per hour, with a maximum daily rate of $48.
2. Garage Parking: The garage parking is located adjacent to the terminal building and offers covered parking for travelers. The daily rate for garage parking is $20, with a maximum weekly rate of $120.
3. Economy Parking: The economy parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and offers affordable long-term parking options. The daily rate for economy parking is $12, with a maximum weekly rate of $72.
4. Valet Parking: The valet parking service is located in front of the terminal building and offers convenient parking for travelers. The daily rate for valet parking is $25, with a maximum weekly rate of $150.
All parking lots at Portland International Jetport are open 24/7 and offer easy access to the terminal building. Travelers can choose the parking option that best suits their needs and budget.
Car Rental at Portland International Jetport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Rent A Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- National Car Rental
Portland International Jetport is a small airport located in Portland, Maine. The airport has one terminal building with two concourses, A and B. Concourse A is used for domestic flights, while Concourse B is used for international flights. The terminal building is modern and well-maintained, with a variety of amenities for travelers.
The airport has several dining options, including a café, a bar, and a restaurant. There are also several shops selling souvenirs, books, and snacks. The airport offers free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal building, as well as charging stations for electronic devices.
The airport has several airlines operating out of it, including Delta, American, United, and Southwest. The airport offers non-stop flights to several destinations in the United States, as well as international destinations such as Toronto and Reykjavik. The airport is easily accessible by car, with several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking. Overall, Portland International Jetport is a convenient and efficient airport for travelers visiting Maine.
1. Alaska Airlines
2. American Airlines
3. Delta Air Lines
4. Elite Airways
5. Frontier Airlines
6. JetBlue Airways
7. Southwest Airlines
8. United Airlines
Portland International Jetport is a busy airport located in Portland, Maine. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for the security screening process at the airport. All passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight.
The security screening process at Portland International Jetport includes the use of advanced imaging technology, metal detectors, and explosive detection systems. Passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before going through the screening process. Liquids, gels, and aerosols are also subject to restrictions and must be placed in a clear plastic bag.
In addition to the TSA screening process, the airport has implemented other security measures such as surveillance cameras, perimeter fencing, and access control systems. The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security incidents. Overall, Portland International Jetport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Portland International Jetport offers a range of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance program provides a team of friendly and knowledgeable volunteers who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. These volunteers can be found throughout the airport, wearing distinctive blue vests and ready to help with directions, flight information, and other travel-related inquiries.
In addition to the Traveler’s Assistance program, Portland International Jetport also offers a variety of accessibility services for passengers with disabilities or special needs. These services include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated TSA PreCheck lane for eligible passengers, as well as a pet relief area for travelers with service animals.
For passengers who need additional assistance, Portland International Jetport offers a concierge service that can help with everything from baggage handling to transportation arrangements. The airport also has a variety of shops, restaurants, and other amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. With its commitment to providing exceptional customer service and traveler assistance, Portland International Jetport is a top choice for travelers in the Northeast.
Shops and Restaurants
The Portland International Jetport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
1. Starbucks – This popular coffee chain is located in the main terminal and offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as snacks and pastries.
2. Hudson News – This newsstand and convenience store offers a wide selection of magazines, newspapers, snacks, and travel essentials.
3. Maine Market – This specialty store features locally made products, including food, gifts, and souvenirs.
4. Canteen – This restaurant and bar offers a menu of classic American fare, as well as a selection of craft beers and cocktails.
5. Linda Bean’s Maine Kitchen & Topside Tavern – This seafood restaurant features fresh Maine lobster, as well as other seafood dishes and classic New England fare.
6. Dunkin’ Donuts – This popular chain offers coffee, donuts, and other breakfast items.
7. The Great American Bagel – This bakery offers a variety of bagels, sandwiches, and other breakfast items.
8. Burger King – This fast food chain offers burgers, fries, and other classic fast food items.
9. Coastal News – This newsstand and convenience store offers a selection of magazines, newspapers, snacks, and travel essentials.
10. The Maine Brew Shop – This specialty store offers a selection of craft beers and other beverages, as well as brewing supplies and equipment.
Overall, the Portland International Jetport offers a variety of options for travelers to shop and dine before their flights.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
The Portland International Jetport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers who wish to practice their faith while waiting for their flights. Here are the locations of these areas:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal, near the escalators. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for meditation and prayer.
2. Christian Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal, near the escalators. This chapel is specifically designed for Christian worship and features a cross, pews, and a Bible.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal, near the escalators. This room is specifically designed for Muslim worship and features a prayer rug and a Quran.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal, near the escalators. This room is specifically designed for Jewish worship and features a menorah, a Torah, and a prayer book.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24/7 and are free to use. They provide a peaceful and respectful environment for travelers to practice their faith and find comfort during their travels.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Portland International Jetport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several options. The terminal has a number of seating areas with power outlets, allowing passengers to charge their devices and work comfortably. Additionally, there are several business centers located throughout the airport that offer private workspaces, printing and copying services, and other amenities.
Conference Rooms: For those who need to hold meetings or conduct business while at the airport, the Portland International Jetport offers several conference rooms that can be rented by the hour. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and other amenities to ensure that meetings run smoothly.
Overall, the Portland International Jetport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
The Portland International Jetport offers passengers the opportunity to wait for their flights in comfort in one of the many lounges located throughout the airport.
- United Club: Located in Concourse B near Gate B2
- Delta Sky Club: Located in Concourse A near Gate A2
- Alaska Airlines Board Room: Located in Concourse C near Gate C7
- USO Welcome Center: Located in the Main Terminal
Accomodation Options Nearby Portland International Jetport
Portland International Jetport, located in Portland, Maine, offers a range of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs. Whether you’re looking for budget-friendly lodgings or a luxurious stay, here are several accommodation options to consider:
1. Economy Hotels: For those on a tight budget, there are a few economy hotels near the airport that offer affordable rates and comfortable accommodations. These hotels typically provide essential amenities, such as free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, and shuttle services to and from the airport.
2. Mid-Range Hotels: The vicinity of Portland International Jetport has a variety of mid-range hotels that provide a balance between affordability and comfort. These establishments often feature spacious rooms, fitness centers, on-site dining options, and 24-hour front desk services to ensure a pleasant stay.
3. Extended Stay Hotels: If you require an extended stay near the airport, consider booking a room in one of the extended stay hotels. These accommodations offer suites equipped with a kitchenette, allowing you to prepare your meals, along with additional amenities like laundry facilities and a separate living area.
4. Boutique Hotels: For those seeking a more personalized experience, boutique hotels near Portland International Jetport provide unique and stylish accommodations. These establishments often feature individually designed rooms, on-site dining with locally sourced ingredients, and curated amenities that cater to the discerning traveler.
5. Upscale Hotels: If you prefer luxurious accommodations, there are upscale hotels available near the airport. These hotels offer high-end amenities such as spas, fitness centers, elegant restaurants, concierge services, and beautifully appointed rooms or suites, ensuring a memorable and indulgent stay.
6. Vacation Rentals: Another option for a comfortable and private stay is booking a vacation rental near the airport. Whether it’s an apartment, condominium, or a house, vacation rentals provide a home-away-from-home experience, often with fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas, and access to amenities such as pools or tennis courts.
7. Bed and Breakfasts: If you enjoy a more intimate and homey atmosphere, consider staying in a bed and breakfast near Portland International Jetport. These establishments offer cozy rooms, often with unique decor and personalized service, along with a homemade breakfast each morning.
Regardless of your budget or preferences, Portland International Jetport provides a plethora of accommodation options to cater to every traveler’s needs. Remember to book in advance to secure the best deals and availability.
1. Old Port District: Located just a short drive from Portland International Jetport, the Old Port District is a vibrant waterfront neighborhood filled with a mix of boutique shops, local breweries, art galleries, and restaurants serving delectable seafood.
2. Victoria Mansion: Step back in time and marvel at the stunning architecture and opulent interiors of the Victorian-era Victoria Mansion. This beautifully preserved mansion offers guided tours that highlight the intricate details and lavish furnishings of this architectural gem.
3. Portland Observatory: Standing tall on Munjoy Hill, the Portland Observatory is a historic maritime signal tower dating back to 1807. Visitors can climb to the top for panoramic views of the city and learn about its rich seafaring history.
4. Portland Museum of Art: Art enthusiasts should not miss a visit to the Portland Museum of Art, which showcases an extensive collection of American, European, and contemporary art. This museum also hosts rotating exhibits, lectures, and educational programs.
5. Casco Bay Islands: Embark on a scenic ferry ride from the Portland waterfront to explore the picturesque Casco Bay Islands. Each island offers its own unique charm, whether it’s hiking on Peaks Island, visiting the quaint shops on Great Diamond Island, or enjoying the beautiful beaches on Chebeague Island.
6. Maine Historical Society: Delve into the history of Maine at the Maine Historical Society, which houses a vast collection of artifacts, documents, and photographs that chronicle the state’s past. The society also offers lectures, walking tours, and special events.
7. Portland Head Light: As one of the most photographed lighthouses in the United States, the iconic Portland Head Light is a must-see attraction. Perched atop a rocky cliff in Fort Williams Park, this historic lighthouse offers stunning views of the rugged Maine coastline.
8. Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine: Bring the kids to the Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine for a day of interactive exhibits and hands-on learning. From the toddler-friendly play area to the interactive science exhibits, this museum guarantees an educational and fun experience for children of all ages.
9. Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum: Take a ride on a vintage narrow gauge steam train at the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum. Located in Portland’s Eastern Promenade Park, visitors can learn about the region’s railway history and enjoy a scenic trip along the waterfront.
10. Eastern Promenade Park: One of Portland’s premier parks, Eastern Promenade Park offers stunning views of Casco Bay, walking and biking trails, playgrounds, and picnic areas. Join locals for a leisurely stroll along the Eastern Promenade Trail or take in the sunset from one of the park’s many benches.
History of Portland International Jetport
Portland International Jetport is a public airport located in Portland, Maine. It was first established in 1927 as a municipal airport and was known as the Portland Municipal Airport. The airport was initially used for general aviation and military purposes. During World War II, the airport was used as a training base for the United States Army Air Forces.
In the 1950s, the airport underwent significant expansion and modernization. The runway was extended, and new terminal buildings were constructed. In 1968, the airport was renamed the Portland International Jetport to reflect its growing importance as a regional transportation hub.
Today, the Portland International Jetport serves as the primary airport for southern Maine and is a popular destination for tourists visiting the area. The airport is served by several major airlines, including Delta, United, and Southwest, and offers non-stop flights to destinations across the United States and Canada. The airport is also home to several restaurants, shops, and other amenities, making it a convenient and comfortable place for travelers to spend time before their flights.
Other Airports in Maine, United States
- Augusta State Airport
- Bangor International Airport
- Brunswick Executive Airport
- Caribou Municipal Airport
- Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport
- Houlton International Airport
- Portland International Jetport
- Presque Isle International Airport