President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport is a major airport located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destination of the Mexican Pacific coast. The airport is named after Gustavo Diaz Ordaz, who served as the President of Mexico from 1964 to 1970.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
- Other Airports in Jalisco, Mexico
How to Get to President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport is located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, you can easily hail one from any part of the city. Taxis are readily available and can take you directly to the airport. It is recommended to negotiate the fare beforehand to avoid any confusion or overcharging.
Another option is to take a bus. There are several bus routes that go to the airport, and they are a more affordable option. However, they may take longer than a taxi or private car, so it is important to plan accordingly.
If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several car rental companies located in Puerto Vallarta. You can rent a car and drive to the airport, which is located about 7 miles north of the city center. There is ample parking available at the airport for a fee.
Overall, getting to President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you choose to take a taxi, bus, or drive yourself, you can rest assured that you will arrive at the airport in a timely manner.
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient option for those who want to get to their destination quickly. Taxis are metered, and the fare will depend on the distance traveled.
2. Shuttle Services: Shuttle services are a cost-effective option for those who want to save money on transportation. Shuttle services are available from the airport to various destinations in Puerto Vallarta and the surrounding areas.
3. Car Rentals: Car rentals are available at the airport for those who want to explore Puerto Vallarta on their own. Many major car rental companies have offices at the airport, and reservations can be made in advance.
4. Public Transportation: Public transportation options, such as buses and local taxis, are available outside the airport. These options are generally cheaper than taxis but may take longer to get to your destination.
5. Private Transfers: Private transfers are a convenient option for those who want to avoid the hassle of public transportation. Private transfers can be arranged in advance and will take you directly to your destination.
No matter which transportation option you choose, President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport has a variety of options to suit your needs and budget.
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. The airport has both short-term and long-term parking facilities located conveniently close to the terminal building.
The short-term parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are charged on an hourly basis, making it a convenient option for those who are picking up or dropping off passengers.
The long-term parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are charged on a daily basis, making it a cost-effective option for travelers who need to park for several days or more.
Both the short-term and long-term parking lots are well-lit and monitored by security personnel, ensuring the safety of parked vehicles. Additionally, the airport offers a valet parking service for those who prefer the convenience of having their car parked for them.
Overall, President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers, making it a convenient and hassle-free airport to use.
Car Rental at President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport is located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the older of the two and is used for domestic flights, while Terminal 2 is used for international flights.
Terminal 1 has a total of 10 gates and is equipped with all the necessary facilities for passengers, including restaurants, shops, and currency exchange services. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for passengers who require additional amenities and services.
Terminal 2 is a modern facility that was opened in 2011. It has 22 gates and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and facilities. The terminal has a wide range of shops, restaurants, and other amenities, including a duty-free store, a pharmacy, and a children’s play area. There is also a VIP lounge for passengers who require additional services.
Both terminals are connected by a covered walkway, making it easy for passengers to move between them. The airport also has a range of transportation options available, including taxis, buses, and rental cars. Overall, President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport is a modern and well-equipped facility that provides a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers.
5. American Airlines
6. Delta Air Lines
7. United Airlines
8. Southwest Airlines
9. Frontier Airlines
10. Sun Country Airlines
11. Air Canada Rouge
13. Copa Airlines
15. LATAM Airlines
17. TAR Aerolineas
19. Estafeta Carga Aérea
20. DHL Aviation.
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, also known as Puerto Vallarta International Airport, is a major airport in Mexico that serves millions of passengers every year. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
The airport security measures include baggage screening, metal detectors, and body scanners. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises and respond to any security threats.
In addition to these measures, the airport has implemented a number of safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include mandatory face masks, social distancing measures, and regular disinfection of high-touch surfaces. The airport has also installed thermal cameras to screen passengers for fever, a common symptom of COVID-19.
Overall, President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport takes security and safety very seriously. The airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure that passengers can travel with peace of mind, knowing that their safety is a top priority.
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, also known as Puerto Vallarta International Airport, is located in the state of Jalisco, Mexico. The airport serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destinations of Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services.
One of the key services provided by the airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers with mobility issues can request a wheelchair at the airport and be assisted by trained staff throughout the check-in, security, and boarding process. Additionally, the airport has designated parking spaces for disabled passengers and accessible restrooms throughout the terminal.
Another important service offered by the airport is language assistance. The airport staff is proficient in both English and Spanish, ensuring that passengers can communicate effectively and receive the necessary information. The airport also provides translation services for other languages upon request.
For passengers with young children, the airport offers a children’s play area and baby changing facilities. There are also family restrooms available for parents traveling with infants or young children. Additionally, the airport has a medical center with trained staff to provide medical assistance in case of emergencies.
Overall, President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport is committed to providing a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. With a range of traveler’s assistance services available, passengers can rest assured that their needs will be met during their time at the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty Free: This shop offers a wide selection of tax-free products, including liquor, tobacco, perfume, and cosmetics.
– Sunglass Hut: Here, travelers can find a range of sunglasses from popular brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley, and Maui Jim.
– Souvenir Shops: There are several souvenir shops throughout the airport, offering items such as t-shirts, hats, keychains, and other Mexican-themed gifts.
– Starbucks: This popular coffee chain offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as pastries and sandwiches.
– Subway: For a quick and easy meal, Subway offers a range of sandwiches and salads.
– Wings: This restaurant specializes in chicken wings, but also offers burgers, salads, and other American-style dishes.
– La Pausa: This restaurant offers a variety of Mexican dishes, including tacos, enchiladas, and fajitas.
– Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: Inspired by the movie Forrest Gump, this restaurant offers a variety of seafood dishes, including shrimp, crab, and lobster.
Overall, President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport offers a good selection of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before their flights.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Chapel: The airport has a Catholic chapel located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the food court. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers daily mass services.
2. Multi-Faith Room: The airport also has a multi-faith room located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer and meditation.
3. Muslim Prayer Room: The airport has a dedicated Muslim prayer room located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area. The room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
4. Jewish Prayer Room: The airport also has a Jewish prayer room located on the third floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area. The room is equipped with a Torah and prayer books.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open to all travelers, regardless of their religion or beliefs. They provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers to practice their faith or find a moment of quiet reflection amidst the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers a number of comfortable and well-equipped workspaces. These include business lounges, which provide a quiet and professional environment with comfortable seating, work desks, and power outlets. There are also several cafes and restaurants with seating areas that are suitable for working or studying.
Power outlets: The airport has numerous power outlets located throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to charge their devices and stay connected while on the go.
Overall, President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work, study, or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
The following are the various lounges located at President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport:
- VIP Lounge: Located in the international arrivals area, this lounge offers passengers a comfortable and private place to wait for their flights. It includes complimentary Wi-Fi, snacks and drinks, and a variety of seating options.
- Elite Lounge: Located in the domestic terminal, the Elite Lounge offers a quiet and luxurious atmosphere. It includes complimentary refreshments, Wi-Fi, and a private bar.
- First Class Lounge: Located in the international departures area, the First Class Lounge provides passengers with an exclusive space to relax and enjoy complimentary snacks and drinks. It also features a variety of seating options and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Accomodation Options Nearby President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, located in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to the diverse needs of travelers. Whether you are seeking budget-friendly stay or luxurious indulgence, the following options are available:
1. On-site Lodging:
– Fiesta Inn Puerto Vallarta Airport: Located within the airport premises, this modern and convenient hotel offers comfortable rooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, a gym, a pool, and a business center. It is an ideal choice for those seeking proximity and reasonable rates.
2. Budget-friendly Options:
– Hotel Vallartasol: Situated near the airport, this affordable hotel provides clean rooms, free Wi-Fi, an outdoor pool, and convenient amenities within a short distance.
– Hotel Posada Amor: Budget travelers can find comfortable rooms, basic facilities, and a warm ambiance at this charming hotel. It is located just a few minutes away from the airport.
3. Mid-range Accommodations:
– Hotel One Puerto Vallarta Aeropuerto: Offering comfortable rooms with contemporary decor, this hotel provides amenities such as free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, a complimentary breakfast, and a shuttle service to the airport.
– Hotel Splash Inn Nuevo Vallarta: Located nearby, this mid-range hotel boasts a water park, spacious rooms, a pool, a restaurant, and a bar, providing good value for money.
4. Upscale Hotels:
– Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa: A luxurious beachfront property offering elegant rooms, stunning views, multiple dining options, a spa, a fitness center, and recreational activities. It is located approximately 10 minutes from the airport.
– Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit: This exclusive resort provides luxury suites, private balconies, a private beach, multiple pools, fine dining experiences, a full-service spa, and a fitness center. It is situated near the airport, ensuring convenience and indulgence.
5. Boutique and All-Inclusive Resorts:
– Casa Velas: A boutique adults-only resort offering personalized services, spacious rooms, gourmet dining experiences, a golf course, a spa, and a beautiful pool area. It is a short drive from the airport.
– Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit: A renowned all-inclusive resort featuring opulent suites, top-notch cuisine, multiple pools, a spa, recreational activities, and captivating ocean views. It is approximately 15 minutes away from the airport.
Remember to inquire about current rates and availability while making your reservation at any of these accommodation options.
1. Malecon Boardwalk: Located in downtown Puerto Vallarta, Malecon Boardwalk is a vibrant promenade that stretches along the oceanfront. It offers stunning views of Banderas Bay, outdoor art installations, boutique shops, restaurants, and lively street performances.
2. Los Muertos Beach: Just a short drive from the airport, Los Muertos Beach is one of the most popular and picturesque beaches in Puerto Vallarta. Its golden sand, crystal-clear water, and lively atmosphere make it an ideal spot for sunbathing, swimming, and people-watching.
3. Zona Romantica: Nestled beside the Los Muertos Beach, Zona Romantica is a charming neighborhood known for its narrow cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, and thriving LGBTQ+ scene. Visitors can explore its art galleries, trendy shops, and authentic Mexican restaurants.
4. El Malecon Sculpture Walk: As you stroll along the Malecon Boardwalk, you’ll come across an impressive collection of sculptures created by local and international artists. Each artwork tells a unique story and adds a touch of creativity to Puerto Vallarta’s coastal walkway.
5. Puerto Vallarta Botanical Gardens: If you seek tranquility amidst nature, the Puerto Vallarta Botanical Gardens are a must-visit. This oasis of tropical plants and flowers showcases the region’s rich biodiversity. Visitors can explore a variety of themed gardens, take guided tours, and enjoy delicious meals at the on-site restaurant.
6. Puerto Vallarta Zoo: A visit to the Puerto Vallarta Zoo promises an unforgettable experience for nature and animal lovers. Situated in a lush mountainside, this family-friendly zoo is home to a wide range of exotic and native animals, including jaguars, crocodiles, parrots, and more.
7. El Faro Lighthouse: Rising dramatically above Puerto Vallarta’s skyline, this iconic lighthouse offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city, its beautiful coastline, and the surrounding mountains. Accessible by a short hike, El Faro Lighthouse is a great spot for stunning sunset vistas.
8. Vallarta Adventures: For those seeking adrenaline-pumping activities, Vallarta Adventures offers a range of thrilling experiences. From zip-lining and ATV tours to scuba diving and snorkeling trips, this adventure park has something for everyone.
9. Isla Las Caletas: A scenic boat ride away from Puerto Vallarta, Isla Las Caletas is a secluded tropical paradise. Visitors can enjoy snorkeling in crystal-clear waters, exploring the lush jungle, relaxing on pristine beaches, and indulging in a delicious beachfront buffet.
10. Sayulita: Located approximately 40 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta, Sayulita is a laid-back surf town known for its bohemian vibe and picturesque coastline. Visitors can try their hand at surfing, browse through local artisan shops, savor fresh seafood, or simply unwind on the idyllic beaches.
Note: Please refer to local COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions before planning a visit to any attraction.
History of President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport
President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, also known as Puerto Vallarta International Airport, is located in the state of Jalisco, Mexico. The airport was named after Gustavo Diaz Ordaz, who served as the President of Mexico from 1964 to 1970. The airport was inaugurated in 1954 and has since undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers.
In 2019, the airport served over 5 million passengers, making it one of the busiest airports in Mexico. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a covered walkway. Terminal 1 serves domestic flights, while Terminal 2 serves international flights.
The airport has a rich history, having played a significant role in the development of tourism in Puerto Vallarta. In the 1960s, the airport was expanded to accommodate larger aircraft, which helped to attract more tourists to the area. Today, the airport continues to play a vital role in the local economy, providing jobs and facilitating travel to and from Puerto Vallarta.
Other Airports in Jalisco, Mexico
- Don Miguel Hidalgo Y Costilla International Airport
- President Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport