Prince George Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Prince George, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a hub for Northern British Columbia and provides daily flights to major cities in Canada and the United States. The airport is equipped with modern facilities and offers a comfortable travel experience for passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Prince George Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Prince George Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Prince George Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Prince George Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Prince George Airport
Prince George Airport is located approximately 15 kilometers northwest of downtown Prince George, British Columbia. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation.
If you are driving to the airport, take Highway 16 westbound and turn left onto Boundary Road. Follow Boundary Road until you reach the airport entrance on your right-hand side.
Taxis are readily available in Prince George and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The ride to the airport takes approximately 20 minutes and costs around $30.
Public transportation is also available through the BC Transit system. Take the #15 bus from downtown Prince George to the airport. The bus runs every hour and takes approximately 30 minutes. The fare is $2.50 for adults and $1.75 for seniors and children.
No matter which method of transportation you choose, be sure to allow enough time to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
Prince George Airport, located in British Columbia, Canada, offers a variety of transportation options for travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and offer a convenient and comfortable way to get to your destination. The fare varies depending on the distance traveled and the time of day.
2. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport, providing transportation to various destinations in the city. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
3. Car Rental: Many major car rental companies have offices at the airport, allowing travelers to rent a car and explore the city on their own. This option is ideal for those who want to have more flexibility and independence during their trip.
4. Public Transportation: The city’s public transportation system includes buses that operate from the airport to various parts of the city. This option is more affordable than taxis or shuttle services but may take longer to reach your destination.
5. Limousine Service: For those looking for a more luxurious transportation option, limousine services are available at the airport. These services offer a comfortable and stylish way to travel to your destination.
Overall, Prince George Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit different needs and budgets. Travelers can choose the option that best fits their requirements and enjoy a hassle-free journey to their destination.
Prince George Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 15 minutes of parking are free, and the hourly rate is $2.50.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building. It is ideal for travelers who will be away for an extended period of time. The daily rate is $14, and the weekly rate is $70.
3. Economy Parking: This parking area is located a bit further from the terminal building, but a free shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the airport. It is the most affordable parking option, with a daily rate of $10 and a weekly rate of $50.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is available for those who want the ultimate convenience. A valet attendant will park your car for you, and it will be waiting for you upon your return. The daily rate for valet parking is $25.
All parking areas at Prince George Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle.
Car Rental at Prince George Airport
- National Car Rental
Prince George Airport is a small airport located in Prince George, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, the main terminal and the south terminal. The main terminal is the larger of the two and is used for all commercial flights. It has a modern design and offers a range of amenities for travelers, including a restaurant, gift shop, and free Wi-Fi.
The south terminal is used for general aviation and charter flights. It is a smaller terminal and does not offer the same amenities as the main terminal. However, it does have a lounge area for passengers waiting for their flights.
Both terminals are easily accessible and offer a range of services to make traveling as comfortable as possible. The airport also has a parking lot with both short-term and long-term parking options. Overall, Prince George Airport is a convenient and efficient airport for travelers visiting the area.
- Air Canada
- Air North
- Central Mountain Air
- Kelowna Flightcraft Air Charter
- Pacific Coastal Airlines
Prince George Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats from entering the airport and to quickly respond to any security incidents that may occur.
All passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened by security personnel before entering the boarding area. This includes a thorough inspection of all bags and personal items, as well as a body scan. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, are immediately confiscated and the passenger may be subject to further questioning.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport also has a number of security measures in place to protect the airport itself. This includes surveillance cameras throughout the airport, regular patrols by security personnel, and restricted access to certain areas of the airport.
Overall, Prince George Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early to allow time for the security screening process and to comply with all security protocols in order to ensure a smooth and safe travel experience.
Prince George Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. The airport also provides wheelchair assistance for those with mobility issues, as well as baggage assistance for those who require it.
In addition to these services, Prince George Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. These include a variety of dining options, retail shops, and free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal. Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s lounge, which offers comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and a quiet space to relax before their flight.
Overall, Prince George Airport’s traveler’s assistance services and amenities are designed to provide a seamless and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers. Whether you need assistance with mobility or simply want to relax before your flight, the airport’s staff and facilities are here to help.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Hudson’s Bay Company: This store offers a wide selection of clothing, accessories, and home goods.
2. Starbucks: Enjoy a cup of coffee or a snack from this popular coffee chain.
3. Tim Hortons: Stop in for a quick bite to eat or a cup of coffee.
4. Subway: Choose from a variety of subs, salads, and wraps.
5. Booster Juice: Get a healthy smoothie or juice to go.
6. Booster Juice Express: Pick up a quick snack or a smoothie.
7. Burger King: Enjoy a classic burger and fries.
8. Booster Burger: Stop in for a delicious burger and fries.
9. Booster Pizza: Get a slice of pizza or a whole pie.
10. Booster Deli: Enjoy a variety of deli sandwiches and salads.
11. Booster Café: Relax and enjoy a meal in the café.
12. Booster Bar: Grab a beer or a cocktail.
13. Booster News: Pick up a newspaper or magazine.
14. Booster Gifts: Find the perfect souvenir or gift.
15. Booster Books: Browse the selection of books and magazines.
16. Booster Electronics: Shop for the latest electronics.
17. Booster Toys: Find the perfect toy for a child.
18. Booster Shoes: Pick up a new pair of shoes.
19. Booster Accessories: Shop for the latest accessories.
20. Booster Luggage: Find the perfect piece of luggage.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Prince George Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. These areas are located in the following places:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalator. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful space for prayer and meditation.
2. Christian Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalator. This chapel is specifically designed for Christian worship and features a cross, altar, and pews.
3. Indigenous Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalator. This room is dedicated to Indigenous spirituality and features traditional artwork and symbols.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are free to use for all passengers. They are maintained by the airport staff and are kept clean and well-stocked with religious materials and resources. Passengers are encouraged to use these spaces as a way to find peace and comfort during their travels.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Prince George Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the amenities available:
1. Free WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi to all passengers, allowing them to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely.
2. Business Center: The airport has a business center equipped with computers, printers, and fax machines. This facility is ideal for business travelers who need to work on urgent projects or print important documents.
3. Charging Stations: The airport has several charging stations located throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to charge their electronic devices.
4. Quiet Room: The airport has a quiet room where passengers can relax, meditate, or pray in a peaceful environment.
5. Lounge Area: The airport has a lounge area equipped with comfortable seating, tables, and power outlets. This area is perfect for travelers who need to work or catch up on some reading.
6. Meeting Rooms: The airport has several meeting rooms available for rent, equipped with audiovisual equipment and catering services. These rooms are ideal for business meetings or conferences.
Overall, Prince George Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive travel experience.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area of the Airport
- Alaska Airlines Board Room Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area of the Airport
- Plaza Premium Lounge: Located in the International Departures area of the Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Prince George Airport
1. Best Western Plus Prince George Hotel & Suites: This hotel is conveniently located just minutes away from the Prince George Airport and offers a range of amenities including an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
2. Coast Inn of the North: This hotel is located just a short drive away from the airport and offers a range of amenities including an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
3. Quality Inn & Suites: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a range of amenities including an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
4. Ramada Prince George: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a range of amenities including an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
5. Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a range of amenities including an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
6. Super 8 Prince George: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a range of amenities including an indoor pool, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
Prince George Airport is located in the heart of British Columbia, Canada, and is surrounded by a plethora of attractions that are sure to delight visitors. Here are some of the top attractions near Prince George Airport:
1. The Exploration Place: This museum and science center is located just 15 minutes from the airport and offers interactive exhibits, a planetarium, and a replica of a 19th-century trading post.
2. Fort George Park: This beautiful park is located just 10 minutes from the airport and features a playground, picnic areas, walking trails, and a historic fort.
3. Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park: This park is located just 15 minutes from the airport and features a water park, playground, picnic areas, and a beautiful rose garden.
4. Huble Homestead Historic Site: This historic site is located just 45 minutes from the airport and offers a glimpse into the life of early settlers in the area.
5. Prince George Railway and Forestry Museum: This museum is located just 15 minutes from the airport and features exhibits on the history of the railway and forestry industries in the area.
6. Tabor Mountain Ski Resort: This ski resort is located just 30 minutes from the airport and offers skiing and snowboarding in the winter and hiking and mountain biking in the summer.
7. Ness Lake: This beautiful lake is located just 30 minutes from the airport and offers fishing, boating, and swimming in the summer and ice fishing in the winter.
8. Ancient Forest: This unique forest is located just 1.5 hours from the airport and features ancient cedar trees that are over 1,000 years old.
9. Barkerville Historic Town and Park: This historic town is located just 2 hours from the airport and offers a glimpse into life during the gold rush era.
10. Mount Robson Provincial Park: This stunning park is located just 2.5 hours from the airport and features the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, Mount Robson. Visitors can enjoy hiking, camping, and wildlife viewing in the park.
History of Prince George Airport
Prince George Airport, located in British Columbia, Canada, has a rich history dating back to the 1930s. Originally known as the RCAF Station Prince George, the airport was used as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was turned over to the Canadian government and used for civilian purposes.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent significant upgrades to accommodate larger aircraft and increased passenger traffic. The airport’s runway was extended, and a new terminal building was constructed. These improvements allowed the airport to become a hub for regional air travel, connecting northern British Columbia to the rest of the province and beyond.
Over the years, Prince George Airport has continued to evolve and expand. In 2005, a new air traffic control tower was built, and in 2011, a major renovation of the terminal building was completed. Today, the airport serves over 500,000 passengers annually and is a vital transportation hub for the region. With ongoing plans for further expansion and development, Prince George Airport is poised to continue its growth and success well into the future.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport