Princess Juliana International Airport is the main airport of the Caribbean island of Sint Maarten. It is located on the Dutch side of the island and serves as a hub for many airlines, including KLM, American Airlines, and Delta. The airport is known for its unique runway, which is situated very close to the beach and attracts many tourists who come to watch planes take off and land.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Princess Juliana International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Princess Juliana International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Princess Juliana International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Princess Juliana International Airport
- Other Airports in Sint Maarten, Sint Maarten
How to Get to Princess Juliana International Airport
Princess Juliana International Airport is located on the Dutch side of the island of St. Maarten. The airport is easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transportation. If you are driving, the airport is located on the main road that runs along the coast of the island. There is ample parking available at the airport, including both short-term and long-term options.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are plenty of taxis available throughout the island. Taxis are a convenient and affordable way to get to the airport, and most drivers are familiar with the airport’s location. You can also arrange for a private car service to take you to the airport if you prefer.
If you are traveling on a budget, public transportation is also available. The local bus system runs throughout the island and stops at the airport. The buses are inexpensive and reliable, but they can be crowded during peak travel times. Overall, getting to Princess Juliana International Airport is easy and convenient, no matter how you choose to travel.
Princess Juliana International Airport is the main airport serving the island of St. Maarten. It is located on the Dutch side of the island and is a hub for many airlines. If you are traveling to or from the airport, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are metered and the rates are set by the government. The fare to most destinations on the island is around $20-$30.
2. Car Rentals: There are several car rental companies located at the airport. You can rent a car for the duration of your stay and explore the island at your own pace. It is recommended that you book your rental car in advance to ensure availability.
3. Public Transportation: Public transportation on the island consists of buses and vans. The bus stop is located just outside the airport terminal. The fare is around $2-$3 per person. Vans are also available and are a bit more expensive.
4. Private Transfers: Private transfers are available from the airport to your hotel or other destination on the island. These transfers can be arranged in advance and are a convenient option if you have a lot of luggage or are traveling with a large group.
5. Shuttle Services: Shuttle services are available from the airport to various locations on the island. These services are usually provided by hotels or tour operators and can be booked in advance.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can be sure that you will be able to get to your destination safely and comfortably.
Princess Juliana International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The rates are reasonable and the parking lot is secure.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who need to park for several days or longer. The rates are affordable and the parking lot is secure.
3. Valet parking: This parking option is located at the terminal building entrance. It is ideal for those who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The rates are higher than other parking options, but the service is convenient.
4. Economy parking: This parking area is located a bit further from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who want to save money on parking. The rates are the lowest of all the parking options, but the parking lot is still secure.
Overall, Princess Juliana International Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Princess Juliana International Airport
Princess Juliana International Airport is the main airport serving the island of St. Maarten in the Caribbean. The airport has two terminals, the main terminal and the smaller, private jet terminal. The main terminal is divided into two sections, with one section serving international flights and the other serving regional flights.
The international section of the main terminal is modern and spacious, with a variety of shops, restaurants, and duty-free stores. Passengers can enjoy a range of amenities, including free Wi-Fi, currency exchange, and baggage storage. The terminal also features a VIP lounge, which offers a comfortable and exclusive space for travelers to relax before their flight.
The regional section of the main terminal is smaller and more basic, but still offers a range of services and amenities. Passengers can find a few shops and restaurants, as well as a lounge area with seating and free Wi-Fi. The private jet terminal is located next to the main terminal and offers a more exclusive and luxurious experience for private jet travelers. Overall, Princess Juliana International Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers visiting St. Maarten.
1. Air Antilles
2. Air Canada
3. Air Caraibes
4. Air France
5. American Airlines
7. Caribbean Airlines
8. Copa Airlines
9. Delta Air Lines
10. Divi Divi Air
12. JetBlue Airways
13. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
15. Spirit Airlines
16. Sunwing Airlines
17. United Airlines
Princess Juliana International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the Caribbean, serving millions of passengers every year. As such, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
The airport’s security measures include the use of advanced technology such as full-body scanners, X-ray machines, and metal detectors. All passengers are required to pass through these machines before boarding their flights. Additionally, the airport has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and ensuring that all security protocols are followed.
In addition to these measures, the airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items. Passengers are not allowed to carry any weapons, explosives, or other dangerous items on board their flights. Any such items found during the security screening process will be confiscated, and the passenger may face legal consequences.
Overall, Princess Juliana International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. These measures are constantly reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain effective in the face of evolving security threats.
Princess Juliana International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have.
For passengers with reduced mobility, the airport provides wheelchair assistance and special boarding arrangements. Additionally, the airport offers a dedicated lounge for passengers with disabilities, equipped with comfortable seating and accessible restrooms.
Passengers traveling with young children can take advantage of the airport’s family-friendly facilities, including a children’s play area and baby changing facilities. The airport also offers a range of dining and shopping options, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal.
Overall, Princess Juliana International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible for all passengers. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, the airport’s friendly staff and comprehensive facilities are sure to meet your needs.
Shops and Restaurants
Princess Juliana International Airport is a bustling hub of activity, with a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or some last-minute shopping, you’ll find everything you need at this airport.
Some of the top shops at Princess Juliana International Airport include Duty-Free, where you can find a wide range of luxury goods, including perfumes, cosmetics, and jewelry. There’s also a souvenir shop, where you can pick up some unique gifts and mementos to take home with you.
When it comes to dining options, Princess Juliana International Airport has something for everyone. If you’re in the mood for a quick snack, you can grab a sandwich or pastry from Starbucks or Subway. For something more substantial, head to the airport’s full-service restaurants, such as the Sunset Bar & Grill or the Ocean Terrace Restaurant.
Other dining options at the airport include the Caribbean Kitchen, which serves up delicious local cuisine, and the SXM Food Court, which features a variety of fast-food options. There’s also a bar and lounge area, where you can relax with a drink before your flight.
Overall, Princess Juliana International Airport offers a great selection of shops and restaurants, making it a convenient and enjoyable place to spend some time before your flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Princess Juliana International Airport in St. Maarten offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas:
1. Christian Chapel – Located on the second floor of the main terminal building, near the food court. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for prayer and meditation.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the main terminal building, near the food court. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers.
3. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the main terminal building, near the food court. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Jewish passengers to pray and observe their religious customs.
4. Hindu Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the main terminal building, near the food court. The prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Hindu passengers to pray and perform their religious rituals.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Princess Juliana International Airport are free to use and open to passengers of all faiths. They are maintained regularly and provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers to practice their religion or seek a moment of quiet reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Princess Juliana International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stay in touch with friends and family.
Workspace: For passengers who need to work or study while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a number of comfortable seating areas with power outlets, making it easy to charge devices and work on the go. Additionally, there are several business lounges located throughout the terminal, which offer a quiet and comfortable space to work, as well as complimentary snacks and beverages.
Meeting Rooms: For passengers who need to hold a meeting or conference while at the airport, there are several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
Overall, Princess Juliana International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable.
Princess Juliana International Airport offers several lounges located throughout the airport. Here are the lounges, their locations, and what they have to offer:
- Boucaniers Lounge – Located in the Departures area of the airport. It provides snacks, drinks, free Wi-Fi, and a selection of reading material.
- Explorer’s Lounge – Located in the Departures area of the airport. It has a selection of snacks, drinks, free Wi-Fi, and a selection of reading material.
- Horizon Lounge – Located in the Departures area of the airport. It provides snacks, drinks, free Wi-Fi, and a selection of reading material.
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Located in the Departures area of the airport. It offers a selection of snacks, drinks, free Wi-Fi, and a selection of reading material.
- VIP Lounge – Located in the Departures area of the airport. It provides snacks, drinks, free Wi-Fi, and a selection of reading material.
Accomodation Options Nearby Princess Juliana International Airport
Princess Juliana International Airport, located in St. Maarten, offers various accommodation options catering to a range of preferences, budgets, and travel requirements. Whether you are seeking economical options or indulgent luxury, the airport provides accessible and convenient choices. Here are some accommodation options available near Princess Juliana International Airport:
1. Transit Lounges: If you require a brief respite during a layover, the airport offers transit lounges equipped with comfortable seating, internet access, and basic amenities. These lounges provide a budget-friendly option for travelers seeking a short rest before their next flight.
2. Economy Hotels: Near the airport, you can find several economy hotels that offer budget-friendly accommodation options. These hotels often provide clean and comfortable rooms, essential amenities, and convenient airport shuttles. They are perfect for travelers on a tight budget or those looking for a quick overnight stay.
3. Mid-range Hotels: For those seeking a balance between affordability and comfort, several mid-range hotels can be found close to the airport. These properties offer decent-sized rooms with modern facilities, such as WiFi, comfortable bedding, and on-site dining options. They are ideal for travelers wanting a comfortable stay without breaking the bank.
4. Boutique Hotels: If you desire a more unique and personalized experience, consider staying at a boutique hotel near the airport. Typically smaller in size, these hotels offer stylish decors, attentive service, and often feature a range of amenities such as swimming pools, spas, and dining options. Boutique hotels provide a cozy atmosphere and are a great choice for guests seeking a touch of elegance and charm.
5. Luxury Resorts: For travelers seeking the utmost in luxury and indulgence, Princess Juliana International Airport offers access to several high-end resorts. These luxury properties boast stunning beachfront locations, lavish suites or villas, world-class amenities including spas, multiple dining options, pools, and private beaches. Impeccable service and breathtaking views make these resorts the perfect choice for those seeking an opulent and exclusive experience.
As Princess Juliana International Airport is located in beautiful St. Maarten, guests have the opportunity to explore the scenic island, enjoy pristine beaches, indulge in water sports, and discover the vibrant culture and cuisine. With accommodation options ranging from the most economical to the most luxurious, visitors have ample choices to suit their preferences and budgets near the airport.
1. Maho Beach: Located just a short distance from Princess Juliana International Airport, Maho Beach is famous for its close proximity to the airport’s runway. Visitors can enjoy sunbathing while watching planes take off and land just overhead, creating a unique and thrilling experience.
2. Fort Louis: Situated on the northern side of the island, Fort Louis is a historic fort that offers panoramic views of the surrounding area. Built in the late 18th century, it serves as a reminder of the island’s colonial past and is a great spot for photography enthusiasts.
3. Philipsburg: The capital of St. Maarten, Philipsburg is a bustling city with a vibrant atmosphere. Here, visitors can explore colorful streets lined with duty-free shops, enjoy local cuisine at waterfront restaurants, and soak up the Caribbean ambiance.
4. Orient Bay Beach: Located on the French side of the island, Orient Bay Beach is a popular destination for sunbathers and water sports enthusiasts. It offers pristine white sands, crystal-clear waters, and various beachside amenities, including beach bars and water sports equipment rentals.
5. Loterie Farm: Nestled in the hills, Loterie Farm is a hidden oasis for nature enthusiasts. This lush tropical paradise offers hiking trails, zip-lining adventures, and secluded swimming and sunbathing areas. It is a perfect retreat to reconnect with nature.
6. Front Street: Front Street is Philipsburg’s main shopping district, packed with duty-free stores, boutiques, and souvenir shops. It’s an ideal place to hunt for unique Caribbean treasures, from jewelry and artwork to local spices and rum.
7. Dolphin Discovery: For a once-in-a-lifetime experience, Dolphin Discovery offers the chance to swim with dolphins in a natural lagoon. With educational programs and interactive encounters, visitors can get up close and personal with these magnificent creatures.
8. Marigot Market: Located in the capital of the French side, Marigot Market immerses visitors in a sensory experience of vibrant colors, exotic scents, and flavors. Here, you can browse through fresh produce, tropical fruits, local handicrafts, and souvenirs.
9. Rainforest Adventures: Located on the French side of the island, Rainforest Adventures offers a thrilling eco-adventure. Visitors can glide through the treetops on zip-lines, explore botanical gardens, and even take a guided tour of the island’s wildlife.
10. Guavaberry Emporium: A visit to the Guavaberry Emporium immerses visitors in the rich culture and flavors of St. Maarten. This quaint shop offers tastings of the island’s famous guavaberry liqueur, as well as a range of other tropical products like sauces, jams, and crafts.
History of Princess Juliana International Airport
Princess Juliana International Airport is located on the Dutch side of the Caribbean island of Saint Martin. The airport was named after Princess Juliana of the Netherlands, who visited the island in 1944 during World War II. The airport was officially opened in 1943 as a military airfield, and it was later converted into a civilian airport in 1948.
Over the years, Princess Juliana International Airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of tourists visiting the island. In 1984, a new terminal building was constructed, and in 2006, a second terminal was added to handle the increasing number of flights.
The airport is known for its unique location, as the runway is situated just a few feet away from Maho Beach. This has made the airport a popular destination for aviation enthusiasts and tourists who come to watch planes take off and land. Despite its popularity, the airport has faced several challenges, including damage from hurricanes and the COVID-19 pandemic. However, it remains an important gateway to the Caribbean and a vital part of the island’s economy.
Other Airports in Sint Maarten, Sint Maarten