Providenciales International Airport is the main gateway to the Turks and Caicos Islands, located on the island of Providenciales. The airport serves as a hub for several major airlines, including American Airlines, Delta, and JetBlue, and offers direct flights to many destinations in North America, Europe, and the Caribbean.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Providenciales International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Providenciales International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Providenciales International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Providenciales International Airport
- Other Airports in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
How to Get to Providenciales International Airport
Providenciales International Airport is the main airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands. To get to the airport, there are several transportation options available.
If you are staying in a hotel or resort, most offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Be sure to check with your accommodation provider to see if this service is available and if there are any additional fees.
Taxis are also readily available on the island and can be hailed from the street or arranged through your hotel. The ride to the airport from the Grace Bay area typically takes around 15-20 minutes, while the journey from other parts of the island may take longer.
If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several car rental companies located at the airport. Be sure to book in advance to ensure availability and to familiarize yourself with driving on the left-hand side of the road.
Overall, getting to Providenciales International Airport is a straightforward process with several transportation options available to suit your needs.
Providenciales International Airport, also known as PLS, is the main airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands. If you’re traveling to Providenciales, you’ll need to arrange transportation from the airport to your final destination. Here are some transportation options to consider:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient option for getting to your hotel or other destination. The fares are regulated by the government, so you can expect to pay a fixed rate based on your destination.
2. Rental Cars: If you prefer to have your own transportation during your stay, you can rent a car at the airport. There are several rental car companies located at the airport, and you can book in advance or on arrival.
3. Private Transfers: Private transfers are a great option if you want a more personalized experience. You can arrange for a private car or van to pick you up at the airport and take you directly to your hotel or other destination.
4. Public Transportation: Public transportation is available on Providenciales, but it may not be the most convenient option for travelers. The island has a limited bus system, and the schedules can be unpredictable.
5. Shuttle Services: Some hotels and resorts offer shuttle services to and from the airport. If you’re staying at one of these properties, be sure to check if they offer this service and how to arrange it.
No matter which transportation option you choose, be sure to plan ahead and make arrangements before you arrive on the island. This will help ensure a smooth and stress-free arrival.
Providenciales International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are hourly, and payment can be made at the parking kiosk.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. The rates for long-term parking are daily, and payment can be made at the parking kiosk.
3. Valet parking: This parking service is available for those who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The valet parking area is located in front of the terminal building, and the rates are hourly or daily, depending on the length of stay.
4. Disabled parking: There are designated parking spaces for disabled travelers located in the short-term parking area. These spaces are located close to the terminal building and are free of charge for those with a valid disabled parking permit.
5. Drop-off and pick-up area: This area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is designated for quick drop-offs and pick-ups. Drivers are not allowed to park in this area for more than a few minutes.
Overall, Providenciales International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, valet parking, or disabled parking, there is a parking area available for you.
Car Rental at Providenciales International Airport
- Avis Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Providenciales International Airport, also known as PLS, is the main airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands. The airport has a single terminal building that is divided into two sections: the international arrivals and departures section and the domestic arrivals and departures section. The terminal is modern and well-equipped, with a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers.
The international arrivals and departures section of the terminal is the larger of the two and is used by most airlines operating to and from Providenciales. The section features a range of facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as currency exchange and ATM services. There are also several car rental companies located within the terminal building, making it easy for visitors to rent a car and explore the island.
The domestic arrivals and departures section of the terminal is used by inter-island airlines operating within the Turks and Caicos Islands. The section is smaller than the international section but still offers a range of facilities, including a cafe and a small gift shop. Passengers can also access car rental services from this section of the terminal. Overall, Providenciales International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. JetBlue Airways
4. United Airlines
5. Southwest Airlines
6. Air Canada
8. British Airways
9. InterCaribbean Airways
10. Caicos Express Airways
11. Sky Bahamas
13. Sunwing Airlines
14. Air Turks and Caicos
15. Tropic Ocean Airways
16. Tradewind Aviation
17. Silver Airways
18. Eastern Airlines
19. Spirit Airlines
20. Sun Country Airlines.
Providenciales International Airport, located in the Turks and Caicos Islands, has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport follows international standards and guidelines set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. This includes a thorough check of carry-on bags, checked luggage, and personal items such as shoes and belts. Passengers are also required to pass through metal detectors and body scanners to detect any prohibited items.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the terminal and surrounding areas for any suspicious activity. In addition, security cameras are installed throughout the airport to provide constant surveillance.
Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least two hours before their scheduled departure time to allow for sufficient time to go through security checks. It is also recommended that passengers check the list of prohibited items before packing their bags to avoid any delays or confiscation of items.
Overall, Providenciales International Airport takes security very seriously and strives to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Providenciales International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. The airport also provides wheelchair assistance for passengers with mobility issues, as well as special assistance for those with hearing or visual impairments.
For passengers traveling with young children, the airport offers a family-friendly environment with dedicated play areas and baby changing facilities. Additionally, there are several restaurants and shops available for passengers to enjoy while waiting for their flights.
The airport also provides immigration and customs assistance to ensure a hassle-free arrival and departure process. Passengers can take advantage of the airport’s fast-track service, which allows them to bypass long lines and expedite the immigration and customs process.
Overall, Providenciales International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide passengers with a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. Whether you need assistance with mobility, have questions about your flight, or simply want to relax before your departure, the airport’s staff are there to help.
Shops and Restaurants
Providenciales International Airport, also known as the PLS airport, is the main gateway to the Turks and Caicos Islands. The airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the top shops and restaurants you can find at Providenciales International Airport:
1. Caicos Market: This shop offers a wide range of souvenirs, gifts, and local products such as rum cakes, hot sauces, and spices.
2. Del Sol: This shop specializes in color-changing products such as t-shirts, sunglasses, and nail polish.
3. Harley-Davidson: This shop offers a variety of Harley-Davidson merchandise, including clothing, accessories, and collectibles.
4. Island Books & Crafts: This shop offers a selection of books, magazines, and crafts from the Turks and Caicos Islands.
5. L’Occitane: This shop offers a range of skincare, body care, and fragrance products made with natural ingredients.
1. Bella Luna Pizzeria: This restaurant offers a variety of pizzas, salads, and sandwiches made with fresh ingredients.
2. Caicos Café: This restaurant offers a selection of Caribbean and international dishes, including seafood, pasta, and steak.
3. Freshëns: This restaurant offers a variety of healthy options such as smoothies, salads, and wraps.
4. Gilley’s Café: This restaurant offers a selection of sandwiches, burgers, and salads made with fresh ingredients.
5. Island Deli: This restaurant offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, and snacks made with local ingredients.
In conclusion, Providenciales International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for souvenirs, gifts, or a quick bite to eat, you’re sure to find something that suits your taste at the PLS airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Providenciales International Airport, also known as PLS, is the main airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands. The airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to pray or meditate before or after their flights. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Providenciales International Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This prayer room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and meditation.
2. Christian Chapel – Located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. This chapel is dedicated to the Christian faith and offers a serene environment for prayer and reflection.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This prayer room is exclusively for Muslim passengers and provides a space for prayer and ablution.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This prayer room is exclusively for Jewish passengers and provides a space for prayer and meditation.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are free to use. They are maintained by the airport authority and are kept clean and well-maintained. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to use these facilities for their spiritual needs and to respect the religious beliefs of others who may be using the same space.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Providenciales International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several seating areas with power outlets and USB ports. These areas are equipped with comfortable chairs and tables, making them ideal for working on laptops or other devices.
Business Center: The airport also has a business center that provides a range of services, including printing, scanning, and faxing. The center is equipped with computers and printers, making it easy for travelers to complete any last-minute work tasks.
Meeting Rooms: For those who need to hold a meeting or conference, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 50 people.
Overall, Providenciales International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to work, study, or hold a meeting, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and connected.
The Providenciales International Airport in Turks and Caicos offers a variety of lounges for travelers to relax and recharge before their next journey. Here are some of the lounges available:
- The Club – Located in the departure area, this lounge offers hot and cold food, free wifi, and comfortable seating.
- The Business Lounge – This lounge is available to qualifying business travelers, and offers complimentary newspapers, snacks and drinks, and private work areas.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Located in the departure area, this lounge provides a private, comfortable atmosphere with complimentary drinks and snacks.
- The Priority Pass Lounge – This lounge is available to Priority Pass Members and offers complimentary snacks, drinks, and wifi.
Accomodation Options Nearby Providenciales International Airport
1. Airport Lounges: Located within the terminal, airport lounges offer a convenient and comfortable place to relax, work, or grab a bite to eat. These lounges often provide complimentary snacks, beverages, Wi-Fi access, and a quiet atmosphere away from the busy terminals.
2. Budget Hotels and Motels: Several affordable accommodations are available near Providenciales International Airport. These hotels often offer clean and comfortable rooms with basic amenities such as Wi-Fi, TV, and en-suite bathrooms. While they may not offer luxurious amenities, they provide a convenient and budget-friendly option for travelers requiring a short stay close to the airport.
3. Mid-range Hotels: Providenciales is home to several mid-range hotels that offer a balance between comfort and affordability. These accommodations often provide quality rooms with amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, on-site restaurants, and shuttle services to and from the airport. They are a popular choice for both business and leisure travelers.
4. Beachfront Resorts: As you move towards the higher end of the accommodation spectrum, Providenciales offers a range of stunning beachfront resorts. These luxurious properties provide a wealth of amenities, including spacious rooms or suites with private balconies or patios, multiple on-site restaurants, bars, spas, fitness centers, swimming pools, and impeccable service. Guests can indulge in various water sports, relax on beautiful beaches, or pamper themselves with rejuvenating treatments.
5. Private Villas and Vacation Rentals: Providenciales boasts an array of private villas and vacation rentals for those seeking a more exclusive experience. These options offer fully furnished houses or villas complete with private pools, beach access, fully equipped kitchens, and additional perks such as housekeeping and concierge services. Ideal for families or larger groups, these accommodations provide a secluded and luxurious home-away-from-home experience.
6. Exclusive Resorts and Spas: For the utmost in luxury, Providenciales presents several exclusive resorts and spas that cater to the most discerning travelers. These highly acclaimed properties boast lavish suites and villas with stunning ocean views, private butlers, gourmet dining experiences, high-end spas, and access to exceptional facilities like golf courses and yacht charters. Impeccable service and attention to detail ensure an unforgettable stay for guests seeking the pinnacle of luxury.
Note: The availability of specific accommodation options may vary over time, so it is advisable to check the latest information and make reservations in advance.
1. Grace Bay Beach: Just a short drive from Providenciales International Airport, Grace Bay Beach is known for its crystal-clear turquoise waters, powder-soft sand, and stunning sunsets. It’s no wonder it has been consistently ranked as one of the world’s best beaches.
2. Chalk Sound National Park: Located southwest of the airport, Chalk Sound is a breathtakingly beautiful turquoise lagoon dotted with countless tiny islands. Visitors can explore the park’s serene waters by kayaking or paddleboarding.
3. Sapodilla Bay: This secluded beach on the southwestern coast offers a peaceful escape from the crowds. With calm, shallow waters, it provides a perfect spot for snorkeling or simply relaxing on the soft sand.
4. The Hole: Just a short drive from the airport, The Hole is a unique geological formation. Descend into this limestone sinkhole and witness the stunning natural wonder, where you might even spot some brave cliff jumpers!
5. Turks and Caicos National Museum: Located in the town of Cockburn, a quick drive from the airport, this museum offers a fascinating glimpse into the history and culture of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Exhibits include artifacts, shipwrecks, and stories from the islands’ indigenous people.
6. Provo Golf Club: Golf enthusiasts will appreciate this beautifully landscaped 18-hole championship golf course. Challenge yourself on well-manicured fairways and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding scenery.
7. Caicos Conch Farm: Embark on a unique agricultural adventure at the Caicos Conch Farm, the world’s only commercial conch farm. Learn about these fascinating marine creatures, see them at various stages of their growth, and even hold one!
8. Iguana Island: Take a boat tour to Little Water Cay, also known as Iguana Island, just a short distance from the airport. Observe the endangered rock iguanas in their natural habitat and explore the island’s walking trails.
9. Smith’s Reef: Located off the coast of Grace Bay Beach, Smith’s Reef is a perfect spot for snorkelers and scuba divers. Swim alongside colorful fish, coral reefs, and maybe even spot a sea turtle or two.
10. Turks and Caicos Distillery: For those interested in the local spirits, a visit to the Turks and Caicos Distillery is a must. This rum distillery offers informative tours, allowing visitors to learn about the process behind their award-winning handcrafted spirits and sample them too.
Enjoy your stay in Providenciales and explore these fantastic attractions near the airport!
History of Providenciales International Airport
Providenciales International Airport, also known as PLS, is the main airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands. The airport is located on the island of Providenciales, which is the most populated island in the archipelago. The airport was first opened in 1984 and has since undergone several expansions and upgrades to accommodate the growing number of visitors to the islands.
In the early years, Providenciales International Airport was a small facility with limited capacity. However, with the increase in tourism to the Turks and Caicos Islands, the airport underwent a major expansion in 2006. The expansion included the construction of a new terminal building, additional parking facilities, and an extended runway to accommodate larger aircraft.
Today, Providenciales International Airport is a modern facility that can handle up to 1.5 million passengers per year. The airport is served by several major airlines, including American Airlines, Delta, United, and JetBlue. The airport also has a number of amenities for travelers, including restaurants, shops, and duty-free stores. With its convenient location and modern facilities, Providenciales International Airport is an important gateway to the Turks and Caicos Islands and a vital part of the region’s tourism industry.
Other Airports in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands