Puvirnituq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. It serves the Inuit community of Puvirnituq and provides essential air transportation services to the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Puvirnituq Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Puvirnituq Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Puvirnituq Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Puvirnituq Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Puvirnituq Airport
Puvirnituq Airport is located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. To get to the airport, visitors can take a flight from Montreal or Kuujjuaq. There are daily flights available from both cities, with a flight time of approximately 2 hours from Montreal and 1 hour from Kuujjuaq.
For those driving to Puvirnituq, the airport is located just off Route 113. Visitors can take the road north from Chibougamau or south from Kuujjuaq to reach the airport. The drive from Chibougamau takes approximately 6 hours, while the drive from Kuujjuaq takes around 2 hours.
There are also taxi services available in Puvirnituq that can take visitors to the airport. Visitors can contact local taxi companies to arrange for a pick-up and drop-off at the airport. It is recommended to book a taxi in advance to ensure availability.
Overall, getting to Puvirnituq Airport is relatively easy, with daily flights available from Montreal and Kuujjuaq, as well as accessible roadways and taxi services. Visitors should plan ahead and book their transportation in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey to the airport.
Puvirnituq Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal building. They are a convenient option for travelers who want to reach their destination quickly and comfortably. The fare for a taxi ride varies depending on the distance traveled.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at Puvirnituq Airport. Renting a car is a good option for travelers who want to explore the surrounding areas at their own pace. However, it is important to note that driving conditions in the northern region of Quebec can be challenging, especially during the winter months.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option for travelers who have booked accommodation in advance.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation available directly from Puvirnituq Airport. However, travelers can take a taxi or shuttle to the nearest town and then use public transportation to reach their final destination.
5. Walking: For travelers who are staying in the nearby area, walking may be a viable option. The airport is located in a small community, and many of the local attractions are within walking distance.
In conclusion, Puvirnituq Airport offers several transportation options for travelers. Whether you prefer the convenience of a taxi or the freedom of a rental car, there is an option that will suit your needs.
Puvirnituq Airport offers car parking facilities for the convenience of its passengers. The airport has two parking areas, one located in front of the terminal building and the other located at the back of the building.
The front parking area is a short-term parking lot, ideal for those dropping off or picking up passengers. It is located just a few steps away from the terminal building, making it convenient for passengers with heavy luggage or those in a hurry.
The back parking area is a long-term parking lot, ideal for those leaving their cars at the airport for an extended period. It is located at the back of the terminal building, just a short walk away from the entrance. This parking area is ideal for those going on a long trip or leaving their cars at the airport while they are away.
Both parking areas are well-lit and secure, providing peace of mind to passengers leaving their cars at the airport. The parking fees are reasonable, and payment can be made at the parking kiosk located near the entrance of the terminal building.
Overall, Puvirnituq Airport provides convenient and secure car parking facilities for its passengers, making it easy for them to travel without worrying about their cars.
Car Rental at Puvirnituq Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
Puvirnituq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is small but modern, with basic amenities such as restrooms, a waiting area, and a small café.
The airport terminal is designed to handle a small number of passengers at a time. It has a single check-in counter, and passengers are required to go through security before entering the departure lounge. The terminal is equipped with modern security systems to ensure the safety of passengers and their belongings.
The airport terminal is accessible to people with disabilities, with ramps and elevators available for those who need them. The airport also has a small parking lot for passengers who need to park their cars while traveling. Overall, Puvirnituq Airport Terminal is a basic but functional facility that serves the needs of travelers in the region.
- Air Inuit: Offers scheduled and charter services to Inuit communities in Nunavik and Nunavut.
- First Air: Provides scheduled passenger and cargo services to communities in Nunavik, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.
- Air Creebec: Offers scheduled and charter services to Cree villages in Quebec and Ontario.
- Kelner Air: Operates scheduled charter flights to destinations in Nunavik, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.
- Sanikiluaq Air: Provides scheduled passenger and cargo services to Sanikiluaq, Nunavut.
- Canadian North: Offers scheduled passenger and cargo services to destinations in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.
Puvirnituq Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes a metal detector and X-ray machine for carry-on luggage. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, are not allowed through the checkpoint.
In addition to the security checkpoint, the airport also has a security team that monitors the airport and its surroundings. This team is responsible for ensuring that only authorized personnel have access to restricted areas and that all vehicles entering the airport are properly screened.
Overall, Puvirnituq Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented measures to ensure the safety of all those who pass through its doors. Passengers can feel confident that their safety is a top priority at this airport.
Puvirnituq Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and comfortable travel experience for all passengers.
One of the most notable services offered at Puvirnituq Airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require mobility assistance can request a wheelchair upon arrival at the airport. Trained staff members are available to assist passengers with getting to their gate, boarding the aircraft, and disembarking upon arrival.
In addition to wheelchair assistance, Puvirnituq Airport also offers language assistance for non-English speaking passengers. Staff members who are fluent in French and Inuktitut are available to assist passengers with translation and communication needs.
Overall, Puvirnituq Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Passengers can rest assured that they will receive the support they need to navigate the airport and board their flight with ease.
Shops and Restaurants
Puvirnituq Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
– Gift Shop: Offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and other items.
– Duty Free Shop: Offers a variety of alcohol, tobacco, and other duty-free items.
– Café Puvirnituq: Offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, sandwiches, and snacks.
– Restaurant du Nord: Offers a selection of traditional Inuit dishes, as well as international cuisine.
– Bar du Nord: Offers a selection of alcoholic beverages, as well as light snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Puvirnituq Airport, located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to pray, meditate, or engage in religious activities.
The airport has two prayer rooms, one for men and one for women, located on the second floor of the terminal building. The prayer rooms are open to all passengers and visitors and are accessible 24 hours a day. The rooms are equipped with prayer mats, copies of the Quran, and other religious texts.
In addition to the prayer rooms, the airport also has a multi-faith worship area located near the check-in counters. This area is open to all passengers and visitors and is designed to accommodate individuals of different faiths. The worship area is equipped with chairs, a podium, and other necessary facilities.
Overall, Puvirnituq Airport provides a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals of different faiths to practice their religion. The airport’s prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to engage in religious activities.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Puvirnituq Airport offers WiFi and workspace facilities for the convenience of its passengers. The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing travelers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flights.
In addition, the airport also offers a designated workspace area equipped with tables and chairs, power outlets, and good lighting. This area is perfect for business travelers who need to catch up on work or for anyone who wants a quiet space to read or relax.
Overall, Puvirnituq Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities provide a comfortable and productive environment for travelers, making their airport experience more enjoyable and efficient.
- Puvirnituq Airport Lounge: Located in the heart of Puvirnituq, this lounge offers comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
- Air Nunavik Lounge: Located in the departure area of Puvirnituq Airport, this lounge provides a tranquil atmosphere with comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
- Polar Star Lounge: Located in the International Terminal of Puvirnituq Airport, this lounge offers a variety of seating, complimentary snacks and drinks, and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Accomodation Options Nearby Puvirnituq Airport
1. Hotel Puvirnituq: Located just a short walk away from Puvirnituq Airport, Hotel Puvirnituq offers comfortable and affordable accommodation for travelers.
2. Puvirnituq Inn: Puvirnituq Inn is a cozy and convenient option for travelers, located just a few minutes away from the airport.
3. Puvirnituq Campground: Puvirnituq Campground is a great option for travelers looking for a more rustic experience. The campground is located just a few kilometers away from the airport.
4. Puvirnituq Bed & Breakfast: Puvirnituq Bed & Breakfast is a great option for travelers looking for a more homey experience. The bed & breakfast is located just a few minutes away from the airport.
Puvirnituq Airport is located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its remote location, there are several attractions that are worth visiting near the airport. Here are some of them:
1. Inuit Art Gallery: This gallery showcases the works of local Inuit artists. Visitors can admire the intricate carvings, sculptures, and paintings that depict the traditional way of life in the Arctic.
2. Tasiujaq National Park: This park is located about 30 km from the airport and is home to a variety of wildlife, including caribou, polar bears, and arctic foxes. Visitors can go hiking, camping, or fishing in the park.
3. Puvirnituq River: This river is a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts. Visitors can catch Arctic char, trout, and other fish species in the crystal-clear waters of the river.
4. Inuit Cultural Centre: This centre provides visitors with an insight into the rich cultural heritage of the Inuit people. Visitors can learn about their traditions, customs, and way of life through exhibits, workshops, and cultural events.
5. Northern Lights: Puvirnituq is one of the best places to witness the mesmerizing Northern Lights. Visitors can take a guided tour to see the aurora borealis in all its glory.
6. Hudson Bay: The Hudson Bay is located about 100 km from the airport and is a popular destination for wildlife watching. Visitors can spot beluga whales, seals, and polar bears in their natural habitat.
Overall, Puvirnituq Airport and its surrounding areas offer a unique and unforgettable experience for visitors who are looking to explore the Arctic wilderness and learn about the Inuit culture.
History of Puvirnituq Airport
Puvirnituq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport was first established in the 1950s to provide air transportation services to the Inuit community of Puvirnituq. The airport was initially a gravel runway, but it was later upgraded to an asphalt runway in the 1970s.
Over the years, Puvirnituq Airport has played a significant role in connecting the Inuit community to the rest of Quebec and Canada. The airport has been used for various purposes, including transporting goods, medical emergencies, and search and rescue operations. The airport has also been used for tourism purposes, as Puvirnituq is a popular destination for tourists who want to experience the Inuit culture and way of life.
Today, Puvirnituq Airport is a vital transportation hub for the Inuit community and the surrounding areas. The airport is operated by the Kativik Regional Government, which is responsible for providing air transportation services to the northern communities of Quebec. The airport has a small terminal building, a control tower, and a parking area for aircraft. Despite its small size, Puvirnituq Airport plays a crucial role in connecting the Inuit community to the rest of Quebec and Canada.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport