Quatro de Fevereiro Airport is the main international airport in Angola, located in the capital city of Luanda. It serves as a hub for several airlines and offers flights to destinations across Africa, Europe, and the Americas.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
- Other Airports in Luanda Province, Angola
How to Get to Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport is located in the capital city of Angola, Luanda. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to use a reputable taxi company to ensure safety and reliability. Taxis can be found throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance.
Buses are also available and are a more affordable option. The airport is served by several bus routes, including the Aeroporto Expresso and the Transporte Coletivo Urbano.
If you prefer to drive, there are several parking options available at the airport. The airport is located on the Avenida 21 de Janeiro and is easily accessible from the city center.
Overall, getting to Quatro de Fevereiro Airport is relatively straightforward and can be done by taxi, bus, or private car. It is recommended to plan ahead and allow plenty of time to arrive at the airport before your flight.
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, also known as Luanda International Airport, is the main airport in Angola. It serves as a hub for both domestic and international flights. If you are traveling to or from Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient and affordable option for getting to your destination. However, it is important to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi to avoid overcharging.
2. Car rental: If you prefer to have your own transportation, car rental services are available at the airport. You can choose from a variety of vehicles, including economy cars, SUVs, and luxury cars. It is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and guesthouses offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option if you have booked accommodation in advance. Check with your hotel or guesthouse to see if they offer this service.
4. Public transportation: The airport is also accessible by public transportation. There are buses and minibuses that run from the airport to various parts of the city. However, this option may not be the most convenient if you have a lot of luggage or are unfamiliar with the area.
Overall, there are several transportation options available at Quatro de Fevereiro Airport. Choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport in Angola offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for those who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other options, but it is ideal for picking up or dropping off passengers.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are more affordable than short-term parking, making it a great option for travelers who will be away for several days.
3. VIP parking: This parking area is located closest to the terminal building and is reserved for VIPs and those who require special assistance. The rates for VIP parking are higher than other options, but it offers the most convenient and hassle-free parking experience.
4. Car rental parking: This parking area is located near the car rental offices and is reserved for those who have rented a car from one of the airport’s rental companies. It is a convenient option for those who need to return their rental car before their flight.
Overall, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, or require VIP or car rental parking, there is a parking area available to meet your needs.
Car Rental at Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, also known as Luanda Airport, is the main international airport in Angola. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles both domestic and international flights. It has a capacity of 3 million passengers per year and is equipped with modern facilities such as duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is used exclusively for domestic flights. It has a capacity of 1 million passengers per year and is equipped with basic facilities such as check-in counters and waiting areas. The terminal is located next to Terminal 1 and is easily accessible by foot.
Both terminals are well-maintained and offer a comfortable experience for passengers. The airport also provides a range of services such as baggage storage, currency exchange, and car rental. Overall, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides a convenient gateway to Angola and the rest of Africa.
1. TAAG Angola Airlines
2. Ethiopian Airlines
3. Air Namibia
5. Turkish Airlines
6. South African Airways
7. Royal Air Maroc
8. Kenya Airways
9. Qatar Airways
10. LAM Mozambique Airlines
12. TAP Air Portugal
13. Brussels Airlines
14. Air France
15. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
16. Angola Air Charter
18. Heli Malongo
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, located in Luanda, Angola, has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport has a comprehensive security system that includes baggage screening, passenger screening, and access control measures.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. The screening process includes X-ray machines, metal detectors, and explosive detection systems. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the security checkpoint.
The airport also has a dedicated security team that monitors the terminal and surrounding areas. Access to restricted areas is strictly controlled, and only authorized personnel are allowed to enter. The airport also has a CCTV system that monitors all areas of the terminal, including the check-in counters, boarding gates, and baggage handling areas.
In addition to these measures, the airport has implemented a range of other security protocols, including random passenger checks, security patrols, and regular training for security personnel. These measures ensure that Quatro de Fevereiro Airport remains a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, also known as Luanda Airport, is the main international airport in Angola. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers. These services include baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and immigration and customs assistance.
Baggage handling services are available to help passengers with their luggage from check-in to their final destination. This service is particularly useful for those with heavy or bulky luggage or those who require assistance due to mobility issues. Wheelchair assistance is also available for passengers who require it, with trained staff on hand to assist with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft.
Immigration and customs assistance is provided to help passengers navigate the often complex procedures involved in entering or leaving the country. This service includes assistance with visa applications, passport control, and customs clearance. Additionally, the airport has a dedicated medical center to provide medical assistance to passengers who require it.
Overall, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. With a range of services available, passengers can rest assured that they will receive the support they need to navigate the airport and their journey with ease.
Shops and Restaurants
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, located in Luanda, Angola, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
1. Duty-Free Shop – This shop offers a wide range of products, including perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, and tobacco. Travelers can take advantage of tax-free prices and find great deals on their favorite brands.
2. Angola Souvenirs – This shop is perfect for those looking to take home a piece of Angola. It offers a variety of souvenirs, including traditional clothing, artwork, and handmade crafts.
3. Newsstand – For those looking to catch up on the latest news or grab a quick snack, the newsstand offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, and snacks.
4. Coffee Shop – The coffee shop is a great place to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. It also offers a variety of pastries and sandwiches for those looking for a quick bite to eat.
5. Restaurant – The airport restaurant offers a variety of dishes, including traditional Angolan cuisine and international favorites. It’s a great place to grab a meal before or after a flight.
Overall, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to meet the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for souvenirs, a quick snack, or a full meal, you’re sure to find something to suit your tastes.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport in Luanda, Angola, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a moment of spiritual reflection. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Muslim Prayer Room: Located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area, the Muslim prayer room is open 24/7 and provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and meditation. The room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
2. Christian Chapel: Situated on the second floor of the terminal building, near the domestic departures area, the Christian chapel is open daily from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. It features a simple and serene design, with wooden pews, an altar, and religious icons. Masses are held on Sundays.
3. Multi-Faith Room: Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the international arrivals area, the multi-faith room is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths and beliefs. It offers a peaceful and inclusive environment for prayer, meditation, or reflection. The room is equipped with chairs, cushions, and reading materials.
4. VIP Lounge Prayer Room: Accessible to passengers with VIP lounge privileges, the prayer room is located inside the VIP lounge on the second floor of the terminal building. It provides a private and comfortable space for prayer and contemplation, with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator available upon request.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, located in Luanda, Angola, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience for its passengers.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flight. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos without any interruptions.
For passengers who need to work or study during their layover, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport offers several workspace facilities. The airport has a business lounge equipped with comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points. The lounge also provides complimentary snacks and beverages, making it an ideal place to relax and catch up on work.
In addition, the airport has a conference room that can be rented for meetings or presentations. The room is equipped with audiovisual equipment, high-speed internet, and comfortable seating, making it an ideal space for business travelers.
Overall, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities provide passengers with a comfortable and productive environment, ensuring a stress-free travel experience.
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport in Angola is home to four lounges for travelers looking for a comfortable place to relax before their flight. Here are the details for each:
- Executive Lounge: Located in the Departures area and open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm daily.
- VIP Lounge: Located in the Departures area and open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm daily.
- VIP Golden Lounge: Located in the Departures area and open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm daily.
- Lounge CTA: Located in the Arrivals area and open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm daily.
Accomodation Options Nearby Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
1. Airport Lounges: Quatro de Fevereiro Airport offers exclusive lounges with comfortable seating, complimentary Wi-Fi, refreshments, and a serene environment for relaxation. These lounges are available to all passengers either through airline loyalty programs or by paying a nominal fee.
2. Budget Hotels/Hostels: For budget-conscious travelers, there are affordable hotels and hostels located near the airport. These accommodations offer clean and comfortable rooms at reasonable rates, making them an excellent choice for short layovers or overnight stays.
3. Mid-range Hotels: Quatro de Fevereiro Airport also provides a range of mid-range hotels suited for travelers seeking a balance between affordability and comfort. These hotels offer well-appointed rooms, essential amenities, and convenient shuttle services to and from the airport.
4. Business Hotels: For those traveling on business, several upscale hotels near the airport cater to their specific needs. These accommodations provide spacious rooms, modern meeting facilities, high-speed internet access, and other business services to ensure a productive stay.
5. Boutique Hotels: Travelers seeking a more unique and personalized experience can opt for boutique hotels near the airport. These smaller establishments offer stylish rooms, personalized service, and often feature distinct architectural designs, providing a memorable stay.
6. Luxury Hotels: For a luxurious and pampered stay, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport offers several high-end hotels renowned for their opulence and exceptional services. These five-star hotels provide lavish rooms and suites, gourmet dining options, spa and wellness facilities, and personalized concierge services.
7. Serviced Apartments: Another accommodation option at the airport includes serviced apartments, ideal for travelers seeking a home-away-from-home experience. These apartments offer fully furnished rooms, kitchenettes, and a range of amenities, providing added comfort and convenience for long-term stays.
8. Airport Transit Hotels: Quatro de Fevereiro Airport also features transit hotels within the airport premises, perfect for passengers with a short layover or an early morning flight. These hotels provide compact rooms, often accessible without leaving the secure area, saving time during transit.
Regardless of your budget or preference, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport ensures there is a suitable accommodation option to cater to every traveler’s needs. It is recommended to book in advance to secure the desired accommodation and make the most of your stay at this bustling international airport.
1. Ilha do Mussulo: Located just a short distance from Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, Ilha do Mussulo is a stunning beach paradise. Visitors can relax on pristine sandy shores, swim in crystal-clear waters, and enjoy exciting water sports like diving and snorkeling.
2. Fortaleza de São Miguel: Explore the historical Fortaleza de São Miguel, a fortress dating back to the 16th century. It offers a glimpse into Angola’s past and provides panoramic views of Luanda Bay. The fort also houses a small museum with interesting exhibits.
3. National Museum of Slavery: Located in the heart of Luanda, this museum is an important historical site. It showcases the dark history of the transatlantic slave trade and educates visitors about Angola’s role in this tragic chapter. The museum displays artifacts, documents, and photographs related to slavery.
4. Mausoleum of Agostinho Neto: Pay tribute to the first president of Angola, Agostinho Neto, at his mausoleum. It’s an architectural masterpiece, designed to honor Neto’s contributions to the country’s independence. The site also features beautifully landscaped gardens.
5. Marginal Walkway: Take a leisurely stroll along the Marginal Walkway, which extends along the coastline of Luanda. Enjoy stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, visit restaurants and cafes, and witness the vibrant street culture.
6. São Francisco Church: Discover the beautiful São Francisco Church, a symbol of Luanda’s rich Portuguese colonial heritage. Built in the 16th century, this historic church features intricate architecture and charming religious artifacts.
7. National Anthropology Museum: Located downtown, the National Anthropology Museum showcases Angola’s diverse cultural heritage. Visitors can explore fascinating exhibits that highlight traditional crafts, art, clothing, and rituals of various ethnic groups in the country.
8. Iron Palace: Marvel at the neo-Gothic architecture of the Iron Palace, also known as Palácio de Ferro. This iconic building was designed by Gustave Eiffel and was originally intended for the city of Paris. It was later transported and reconstructed in Luanda.
9. Miradouro da Lua: Visit the “Moon Viewpoint,” a surreal lunar-like landscape located around 50 km from Luanda. Its unique rock formations and dramatic cliffs make it a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and photographers.
10. National Museum of Natural History: Immerse yourself in Angola’s natural wonders at the National Museum of Natural History. From dinosaur skeletons to impressive fossil collections, this museum provides insights into the country’s geological evolution and rich biodiversity.
History of Quatro de Fevereiro Airport
Quatro de Fevereiro Airport, also known as Luanda International Airport, is the main airport in Angola. It was built in 1950 during the colonial era and was originally named Aeroporto de São Paulo. The airport was later renamed Quatro de Fevereiro in honor of the date of the start of the Angolan War of Independence on February 4, 1961.
During the civil war in Angola, the airport was heavily damaged and its operations were severely affected. However, after the end of the war in 2002, the airport underwent major renovations and upgrades to modernize its facilities and improve its services. Today, Quatro de Fevereiro Airport is a modern and efficient airport that serves as a hub for both domestic and international flights.
The airport has a capacity to handle up to 6 million passengers per year and has a runway that is 3,716 meters long. It has a wide range of facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges. The airport also has a cargo terminal that handles both domestic and international cargo. Quatro de Fevereiro Airport is an important gateway to Angola and plays a vital role in the country’s economy by facilitating trade and tourism.
Other Airports in Luanda Province, Angola