The Quesnel Airport is a regional airport located in the Cariboo region of British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the local community, providing regular flights to Vancouver and other destinations in the province. With modern facilities and a range of services, the airport is a convenient and reliable option for travelers in the area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Quesnel Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Quesnel Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Quesnel Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Quesnel Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Quesnel Airport
Quesnel Airport is located approximately 5 kilometers south of Quesnel, British Columbia. To get to the airport, you can take a taxi or drive your own vehicle. If you are driving, take Highway 97 south from Quesnel and turn left onto Airport Road. Follow the signs to the airport.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Quesnel that can take you to the airport. You can call ahead to book a taxi or hail one on the street. The ride should take approximately 10 minutes from downtown Quesnel.
If you are coming from out of town, you can also fly into Quesnel Airport from Vancouver or Prince George. Flights are operated by Central Mountain Air and Pacific Coastal Airlines. Once you arrive at the airport, you can rent a car or take a taxi to your final destination.
Quesnel Airport is a small regional airport located in the Cariboo region of British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination in Quesnel or surrounding areas. The fare will depend on the distance traveled and the time of day.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Budget and National. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan to explore the area on your own.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your accommodation provider to see if this service is available.
4. Public Transit: Quesnel Transit operates a bus service that stops at the airport. The bus runs on weekdays and Saturdays, with limited service on Sundays and holidays.
5. Private Car Service: Several private car services operate in the Quesnel area and can provide transportation to and from the airport. This option is ideal for those who prefer a more personalized and comfortable travel experience.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can be sure that getting to and from Quesnel Airport will be a hassle-free experience.
Quesnel Airport offers convenient and affordable parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options available at Quesnel Airport and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The hourly rate for short-term parking is $2.50.
2. Long-term parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The daily rate for long-term parking is $10.
3. Oversized vehicle parking: This parking lot is located near the long-term parking lot and is designed for vehicles that are larger than a standard car, such as RVs or buses. The daily rate for oversized vehicle parking is $15.
All parking lots at Quesnel Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Payment can be made at the parking kiosk located in the terminal building or through the HonkMobile app.
Car Rental at Quesnel Airport
Quesnel Airport is a small regional airport located in the Cariboo region of British Columbia, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped, with a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
The terminal building at Quesnel Airport features a spacious and comfortable waiting area, with plenty of seating and natural light. There are also several food and beverage options available, including a café and vending machines. The airport also offers free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected while they wait for their flights.
In addition to these amenities, Quesnel Airport also has a range of services to assist passengers with their travel needs. These include baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and a lost and found service. The airport also has a car rental desk, making it easy for visitors to explore the surrounding area. Overall, Quesnel Airport’s terminal building is a modern and well-equipped facility that provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
- WestJet: Offering daily non-stop flights to/from Vancouver and Calgary.
- Central Mountain Air: Offering multiple daily flights to/from Prince George.
- Air Canada Express: Offering flights to/from Calgary and Vancouver.
Quesnel Airport is a small regional airport located in British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the key security measures at Quesnel Airport is the use of security screening equipment. All passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flight. This includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. Any items that are deemed a potential threat are confiscated and the passenger may be subject to further questioning.
In addition to screening equipment, Quesnel Airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport and its surroundings. These individuals are responsible for identifying potential threats and taking appropriate action to prevent them from escalating.
Overall, Quesnel Airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety and security of all passengers and staff. While they may add a few extra minutes to the boarding process, they are an essential part of keeping everyone safe and secure while traveling.
Quesnel Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to provide assistance and answer any questions travelers may have.
One of the key services offered by Quesnel Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has a fleet of wheelchairs available for use, and staff are trained to provide assistance to passengers who require mobility support. Additionally, the airport has accessible parking spaces and ramps to ensure that all travelers can easily access the terminal.
Quesnel Airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including baggage assistance, lost and found services, and flight information displays. The airport’s staff are always happy to help passengers navigate the terminal and find their way to their gate.
Overall, Quesnel Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel as easy and stress-free as possible. Whether you require mobility support or simply need help finding your way around the airport, the airport’s friendly staff are always on hand to provide assistance.
Shops and Restaurants
Quesnel Airport offers travelers a variety of shops and restaurants to enjoy before or after their flight.
– Quesnel Airport Gift Shop: Offers a variety of souvenirs, snacks, and gifts.
– Quesnel Airport Newsstand: Offers a selection of magazines, books, and newspapers.
– Quesnel Airport Cafe: Offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks.
– Quesnel Airport Bar & Grill: Offers a selection of pub-style dishes, as well as a full bar.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Quesnel Airport provides several prayer and worship areas located throughout the terminal building to accommodate the spiritual needs of all passengers.
1. The Airport Chapel is located in the main lobby of the terminal and provides a private, quiet space for prayer and meditation.
2. The Multi-Faith Room offers a larger space that can be used for group prayer or religious services. This room is located in the main lobby of the terminal.
3. The Airport Prayer Room is located in the basement of the terminal and is equipped with a prayer mat and Quran.
4. The Airport Mosque is located in the basement of the terminal and is equipped with a prayer mat and Quran.
The airport also offers a variety of religious literature in the main lobby of the terminal for passengers to use for their spiritual needs.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Quesnel Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the airport terminal building, allowing you to stay connected and productive while waiting for your flight.
In addition to WiFi, Quesnel Airport also provides workspace facilities for travelers who need to get work done on the go. The airport features a comfortable seating area with tables and chairs, as well as power outlets for charging your devices. This workspace area is perfect for business travelers or anyone who needs to catch up on work while waiting for their flight.
Overall, Quesnel Airport provides convenient and reliable WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
- Quesnel Airport Lounge – Located inside the Quesnel Airport terminal building.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Located inside the Quesnel Airport terminal building.
- WestJet Lounge – Located inside the Quesnel Airport terminal building.
Accomodation Options Nearby Quesnel Airport
Quesnel Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all travelers.
1. Best Western Plus Quesnel Hotel & Suites: This hotel is located just minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, an indoor pool, and complimentary breakfast.
2. Comfort Inn & Suites Quesnel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, a business center, and an indoor pool.
3. Travelodge by Wyndham Quesnel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, a business center, and an indoor pool.
4. Super 8 by Wyndham Quesnel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, a business center, and an indoor pool.
5. Ramada by Wyndham Quesnel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, a business center, and an indoor pool.
6. Quality Inn & Suites Quesnel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, a business center, and an indoor pool.
7. Sandman Hotel Quesnel: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, a business center, and an indoor pool.
Quesnel Airport is located in the heart of British Columbia, Canada, and is surrounded by a plethora of attractions that are sure to delight visitors of all ages. Here are some of the top attractions near Quesnel Airport:
1. Barkerville Historic Town & Park: This living museum is a must-visit attraction for history buffs. It showcases the gold rush era of the 1800s and features over 100 restored buildings, live performances, and interactive exhibits.
2. Pinnacles Provincial Park: This park is a popular destination for hikers and nature lovers. It features unique rock formations, scenic trails, and stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
3. Quesnel River: The Quesnel River is a popular spot for fishing, kayaking, and rafting. Visitors can enjoy the scenic beauty of the river while engaging in various water activities.
4. Cottonwood House Historic Site: This historic site is a well-preserved example of a 19th-century roadhouse. Visitors can explore the site and learn about the history of the area.
5. Ten Mile Lake Provincial Park: This park is a popular destination for camping, swimming, and boating. It features a beautiful lake, sandy beaches, and scenic trails.
6. Quesnel Museum: The Quesnel Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. It features exhibits on the gold rush era, local First Nations culture, and the natural history of the region.
7. Troll Ski Resort: This ski resort is a popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts. It features a variety of ski runs, snowboarding terrain, and other winter activities.
8. West Fraser Timber Park: This park is a great place to enjoy the outdoors. It features hiking trails, picnic areas, and a playground for children.
9. Quesnel River Bridge: This historic bridge is a popular spot for photography and sightseeing. It offers stunning views of the Quesnel River and the surrounding landscape.
10. Billy Barker Casino: This casino is a popular destination for those who enjoy gambling. It features a variety of slot machines, table games, and other casino games.
History of Quesnel Airport
Quesnel Airport is a small regional airport located in the Cariboo region of British Columbia, Canada. The airport has a rich history dating back to the early 1940s when it was first established as a military airfield during World War II. The airport was originally used as a training base for Royal Canadian Air Force pilots and was later used as a refueling stop for military aircraft.
After the war, the airport was turned over to the City of Quesnel and was used primarily for general aviation purposes. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2009, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which had become outdated and inadequate.
Today, Quesnel Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, providing essential air services to local residents and businesses. The airport is home to several aviation companies and offers a range of services, including fueling, maintenance, and aircraft rental. Despite its small size, Quesnel Airport plays a vital role in the economic development of the Cariboo region and is an important part of the community’s history and heritage.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport