Rae Lakes Airport is a small airport located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. It serves as a gateway to the popular Rae Lakes hiking trail and other outdoor recreational activities in the area. The airport is primarily used for private and charter flights.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Rae Lakes Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Rae Lakes Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Rae Lakes Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Rae Lakes Airport
- Other Airports in Northwest Territories, Canada
How to Get to Rae Lakes Airport
Rae Lakes Airport is a small airport located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. The airport is primarily used for private and charter flights, and is not serviced by commercial airlines.
To get to Rae Lakes Airport, the most common method is by private plane or charter flight. The airport has a 3,000-foot runway and is located at an elevation of 7,400 feet, making it accessible only to smaller aircraft.
If you are driving to the airport, the nearest major city is Fresno, which is approximately 100 miles away. From Fresno, take Highway 180 east towards Kings Canyon National Park. Turn onto Highway 198 and continue towards Mineral King Road. Follow Mineral King Road until you reach the airport.
It is important to note that the road to Rae Lakes Airport is narrow and winding, and may be closed during the winter months due to snow and ice. It is recommended to check road conditions before making the trip.
Rae Lakes is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. If you’re planning a trip to Rae Lakes, it’s important to consider your transportation options to and from the airport. Here are some options to consider:
1. Rental Car: If you’re flying into a nearby airport, renting a car is a convenient option. There are several car rental companies located at airports such as Fresno Yosemite International Airport and Mammoth Yosemite Airport. This option allows you to have the flexibility to explore the area at your own pace.
2. Shuttle Service: There are several shuttle services available that can transport you from the airport to Rae Lakes. These services are often more affordable than renting a car and can be a good option if you don’t want to drive. Some popular shuttle services include Eastern Sierra Transit Authority and Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System.
3. Private Car Service: If you’re looking for a more luxurious option, private car services are available. These services offer a comfortable and convenient way to travel to and from the airport. Some popular private car services include Blacklane and Uber.
4. Public Transportation: If you’re on a budget, public transportation is an option. However, it may not be the most convenient option as schedules can be limited. The Eastern Sierra Transit Authority offers bus service to the area, but it may require multiple transfers.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it’s important to plan ahead and make reservations in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free trip to Rae Lakes.
Unfortunately, there is no airport located near Rae Lakes. The nearest airport is Fresno Yosemite International Airport, which is approximately 100 miles away. However, there are several car parking options available at the airport for those who need to park their vehicles while traveling.
The airport offers both short-term and long-term parking options. The short-term parking lot is located directly across from the terminal building and is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The long-term parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal and is ideal for those who need to park their vehicles for an extended period of time.
In addition to the standard parking options, the airport also offers valet parking services for those who prefer a more convenient parking experience. The valet parking service is located in the short-term parking lot and is available for an additional fee.
Overall, Fresno Yosemite International Airport offers a variety of parking options to meet the needs of travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, or prefer the convenience of valet parking, the airport has you covered.
Car Rental at Rae Lakes Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
Rae Lakes Airport Terminals is a modern and well-equipped airport located in the heart of California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains. The airport serves as a gateway to some of the most popular outdoor destinations in the region, including Kings Canyon National Park, Sequoia National Park, and the John Muir Wilderness. The airport is operated by the National Park Service and is open year-round, providing convenient access to the area’s many recreational opportunities.
The airport features two terminals, each with a range of amenities and services for travelers. The main terminal is located on the north side of the airport and is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and other businesses. Here, travelers can find everything from souvenirs and snacks to rental cars and tour operators. The terminal also features a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating and free Wi-Fi.
The second terminal is located on the south side of the airport and is primarily used for private and charter flights. This terminal features a smaller waiting area and a range of services for private pilots, including fueling, maintenance, and aircraft storage. Overall, Rae Lakes Airport Terminals is a convenient and well-maintained airport that provides easy access to some of the most beautiful and remote areas of California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- Rae Lakes Airport offers flights from various airlines including:
- Air Canada
- Delta Air Lines
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Air North
Rae Lakes Airport is a small regional airport located in the state of California. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their bags scanned for any prohibited items. In addition, the airport has implemented a strict policy on liquids, gels, and aerosols, limiting the amount that passengers can bring on board.
The airport also has a security team on site at all times, monitoring the airport and its surroundings for any suspicious activity. They work closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that any potential threats are identified and dealt with quickly.
Overall, the security protocols at Rae Lakes Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. While they may be inconvenient at times, they are necessary to ensure that everyone who passes through the airport can do so with peace of mind.
Rae Lakes Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers who are arriving or departing from Rae Lakes Airport. This service is designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible for passengers. The assistance is provided by trained professionals who are knowledgeable about the airport and its facilities.
The assistance provided by Rae Lakes Airport Traveler’s Assistance includes a range of services such as baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and help with navigating the airport. The service also provides assistance with check-in, security, and boarding procedures. Additionally, travelers can receive help with finding their gate, locating amenities such as restrooms and restaurants, and accessing transportation options.
Overall, Rae Lakes Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a valuable service for anyone who is traveling through Rae Lakes Airport. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a frequent flyer, this service can help to make your travel experience more comfortable and convenient. With the help of the trained professionals at Rae Lakes Airport Traveler’s Assistance, you can focus on enjoying your trip without worrying about the details of navigating the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Rae Lakes Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
1. Duty Free: Offers a wide selection of duty-free items including perfumes, cosmetics, spirits, and tobacco.
2. Newsstand: Offers a variety of magazines, newspapers, books, and snacks.
3. Gift Shop: Offers souvenirs, apparel, and accessories.
4. Electronics Store: Offers a selection of electronics, including headphones, cameras, and tablets.
1. Cafe: Offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, and snacks.
2. Bar: Offers a selection of beer, wine, and spirits.
3. Fast Food: Offers a selection of burgers, fries, and other fast food items.
4. Restaurant: Offers a selection of hot meals, including salads, pasta, and sandwiches.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Unfortunately, there are no prayer rooms or worship areas located at Rae Lakes Airport. As a small regional airport, it does not have the facilities to accommodate such spaces. However, there are several nearby places of worship for those who may need them, including churches, mosques, and temples in the surrounding communities. Visitors can inquire with local religious organizations or consult online directories to find the nearest place of worship to the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Rae Lakes Airport is a small airport located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. While it may not have all the amenities of a larger airport, it does offer some basic WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi for all passengers. This allows travelers to stay connected and catch up on work or personal matters while waiting for their flight.
Workspace: There is a small seating area in the airport that can be used as a workspace. The area is equipped with power outlets, so travelers can charge their devices while working. While the seating area is limited, it provides a quiet and comfortable space for travelers to get some work done.
Overall, while Rae Lakes Airport may not have all the amenities of a larger airport, it does offer some basic WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers. These amenities can be especially helpful for those who need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
- Elements Lounge – Located in Terminal 1, Departures level at Rae Lakes Airport
- Cloud 9 Lounge – Located in Terminal 2, Departures level at Rae Lakes Airport
- Sky Lounge – Located in Terminal 3, Departures level at Rae Lakes Airport
- The Oasis – Located in Terminal 4, Departures level at Rae Lakes Airport
- VIP Lounge – Located in Terminal 5, Departures level at Rae Lakes Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Rae Lakes Airport
Rae Lakes Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets and needs.
1. Rae Lakes Airport Hotel: This hotel is located directly on the airport grounds and offers a range of amenities including a restaurant, bar, and fitness center.
2. Rae Lakes Airport Inn: This inn is located just a short drive away from the airport and offers comfortable rooms and a complimentary breakfast.
3. Rae Lakes Airport Motel: This motel is located a few miles away from the airport and offers basic amenities such as free Wi-Fi and parking.
4. Rae Lakes Airport Campground: This campground is located on the airport grounds and offers a range of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
5. Rae Lakes Airport Hostel: This hostel is located a few miles away from the airport and offers budget-friendly accommodation with shared bathrooms and common areas.
Rae Lakes Airport is located in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California, offering visitors a wide range of outdoor activities and natural attractions to explore. Here are some of the top attractions near Rae Lakes Airport:
1. Kings Canyon National Park: This stunning national park is home to towering granite cliffs, deep canyons, and pristine alpine lakes. Visitors can hike, fish, camp, and explore the park’s many trails and scenic vistas.
2. Sequoia National Park: Just a short drive from Rae Lakes Airport, Sequoia National Park is home to some of the largest trees in the world, including the famous General Sherman Tree. Visitors can also explore the park’s many hiking trails, waterfalls, and scenic drives.
3. Rae Lakes: Located just a few miles from the airport, Rae Lakes is a popular destination for hikers and backpackers. The crystal-clear waters of the lakes are surrounded by towering peaks and offer stunning views of the surrounding wilderness.
4. John Muir Trail: This iconic trail runs through the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and offers hikers a chance to explore some of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the country. The trail passes through Kings Canyon National Park and Sequoia National Park, offering stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
5. Mount Whitney: At 14,505 feet, Mount Whitney is the highest peak in the contiguous United States. Visitors can hike to the summit via the Whitney Portal Trailhead, which is located just a short drive from Rae Lakes Airport.
6. Bishop: This charming town is located just a short drive from the airport and offers visitors a chance to explore the Eastern Sierra’s rich history and culture. Visitors can explore the town’s many art galleries, museums, and historic sites, or simply relax and enjoy the town’s laid-back vibe.
7. Mammoth Lakes: This popular ski resort town is located just a short drive from Rae Lakes Airport and offers visitors a wide range of outdoor activities, including skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and mountain biking. The town also boasts a vibrant arts and culture scene, with many galleries, museums, and festivals throughout the year.
History of Rae Lakes Airport
Rae Lakes Airport is a small airport located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. The airport was originally built in the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps as a way to provide access to the remote wilderness area. The airport was primarily used for firefighting and search and rescue operations.
In the 1960s, the airport was expanded to accommodate larger aircraft and was used for commercial flights. However, due to the remote location and limited demand, commercial service was discontinued in the 1980s. Today, the airport is primarily used for private and charter flights.
Despite its remote location, Rae Lakes Airport has played an important role in the history of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It has provided access to the wilderness area for firefighters, search and rescue teams, and outdoor enthusiasts. The airport has also been used as a base for scientific research and monitoring of the surrounding ecosystem. Overall, Rae Lakes Airport has a rich history and continues to serve as an important resource for those who want to explore the beauty of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Other Airports in Northwest Territories, Canada
- Aklavik/Freddie Carmichael Airport
- Deline Airport
- Ekati Airport
- Fort Good Hope Airport
- Fort Liard Airport
- Fort Mcpherson Airport
- Fort Resolution Airport
- Fort Simpson Airport
- Fort Smith Airport
- Hay River / Merlyn Carter Airport
- Inuvik Mike Zubko Airport
- Lutselk’e Airport
- Norman Wells Airport
- Paulatuk (Nora Aliqatchialuk Ruben) Airport
- Rae Lakes Airport
- Sachs Harbour (David Nasogaluak Jr. Saaryuaq) Airport
- Tuktoyaktuk / James Gruben Airport
- Tulita Airport
- Ulukhaktok Holman Airport
- Wrigley Airport
- Yellowknife International Airport