Rankin Inlet Airport is a public airport located in the Kivalliq region of Nunavut, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the local community, providing connections to other major cities in the region. The airport is equipped with modern facilities and amenities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Rankin Inlet Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Rankin Inlet Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Rankin Inlet Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Rankin Inlet Airport
- Other Airports in Nunavut, Canada
How to Get to Rankin Inlet Airport
Rankin Inlet Airport is located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. To get to the airport, there are a few options available.
If you are coming from within the town of Rankin Inlet, the airport is located just a short drive away. You can take a taxi or drive your own vehicle to the airport.
If you are coming from outside of Rankin Inlet, the airport is accessible by air. There are several airlines that offer flights to Rankin Inlet Airport, including Canadian North, Calm Air, and First Air. You can book your flight online or through a travel agent.
Once you arrive at the airport, there are parking facilities available if you need to leave your vehicle. The airport also offers a variety of services, including baggage handling, check-in, and security screening.
Overall, getting to Rankin Inlet Airport is relatively straightforward. Whether you are coming from within the town or from further afield, there are several options available to help you get there.
Rankin Inlet Airport is a small airport located in Nunavut, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport. Here are some of the most common transportation options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fare is typically based on the distance traveled, and it is recommended to confirm the fare with the driver before starting the journey.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, offering a range of vehicles to suit different needs and budgets. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the area on your own.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and guesthouses in Rankin Inlet offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option if you have booked accommodation in advance.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation system in Rankin Inlet, so this option is not available.
5. Walking: If you are staying in the town center, it is possible to walk to the airport. However, this is only recommended if you have light luggage and are comfortable walking for a distance.
Overall, the transportation options at Rankin Inlet Airport are limited but sufficient for most travelers’ needs. Whether you choose to take a taxi, rent a car, or use a shuttle service, you can expect a safe and reliable journey to your destination.
Rankin Inlet Airport offers two parking options for passengers: short-term and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the airport terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The parking lot is well-lit and monitored by security cameras for added safety and security. The hourly rate for short-term parking is reasonable and can be paid at the parking kiosk located near the entrance of the parking lot.
Long-term parking is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The parking lot is also well-lit and monitored by security cameras for added safety and security. The daily rate for long-term parking is affordable and can also be paid at the parking kiosk located near the entrance of the parking lot.
Both short-term and long-term parking options at Rankin Inlet Airport offer convenient and affordable parking solutions for passengers traveling through the airport.
Car Rental at Rankin Inlet Airport
- Avis Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Alamo Car Rental
- Advantage Car Rental
Rankin Inlet Airport is a small airport located in the Nunavut territory of Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as a waiting area, washrooms, and a small café. The international terminal is slightly larger and has additional facilities such as duty-free shops and a restaurant.
Both terminals are designed to cater to the needs of passengers traveling to and from Rankin Inlet. The airport is primarily used by local residents and tourists who come to explore the Arctic wilderness. The terminals are clean and well-maintained, with friendly staff available to assist passengers with their needs.
The airport also has a small parking lot for those who wish to park their vehicles while traveling. The terminals are easily accessible and located close to the runway, making it convenient for passengers to board and disembark from their flights. Overall, Rankin Inlet Airport terminals provide a comfortable and hassle-free experience for travelers visiting the region.
- First Air
- Canadian North
- Kivalliq Air
- Calm Air
- Air Tindi
Rankin Inlet Airport is a Canadian airport located in the Nunavut territory. The airport has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of passengers and airport staff. The security measures at Rankin Inlet Airport are in line with the regulations set by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
Passengers are required to go through security screening before boarding their flight. This includes passing through metal detectors, having their carry-on luggage scanned, and removing any items that may trigger the alarm. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes and jackets for screening. Liquids, gels, and aerosols are subject to the 100ml limit and must be placed in a clear plastic bag for inspection.
The airport also has security personnel on site to monitor the airport premises and ensure that all passengers and staff are following the security protocols. The security personnel are trained to identify any suspicious behavior or items and take appropriate action if necessary. Overall, the security protocols at Rankin Inlet Airport are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Rankin Inlet Airport is a small airport located in the Canadian province of Nunavut. Despite its small size, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free experience. These services include wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and information kiosks.
For passengers with mobility issues, the airport provides wheelchair assistance to help them navigate the airport. The airport staff is trained to provide assistance to passengers with disabilities, ensuring that they can move around the airport with ease. Additionally, the airport has designated parking spaces for passengers with disabilities, making it easier for them to access the airport.
The airport also provides baggage handling services to help passengers with their luggage. The airport staff is responsible for loading and unloading luggage from the aircraft, ensuring that passengers’ belongings are handled with care. Additionally, the airport has baggage carts available for passengers to use, making it easier for them to transport their luggage around the airport.
Finally, the airport has information kiosks located throughout the terminal to provide passengers with information about the airport and their flights. These kiosks display real-time flight information, allowing passengers to stay up-to-date on any changes to their flight schedule. Additionally, the kiosks provide information about local attractions and services, helping passengers make the most of their time in Rankin Inlet. Overall, the traveler’s assistance services provided by Rankin Inlet Airport help ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Northern Store: This grocery store offers a wide selection of fresh produce, frozen foods, and other grocery items.
2. The Kivalliq Inn Restaurant: This restaurant serves up a variety of traditional Inuit dishes, as well as more familiar fare like burgers and fries.
3. The Airport Café: This café offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks.
4. The Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers souvenirs, books, and other items related to Rankin Inlet and the surrounding area.
5. The Airport Lounge: This lounge offers a relaxing atmosphere with comfortable seating and a variety of drinks and snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Rankin Inlet Airport, located in Nunavut, Canada, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation.
1. Christian Prayer Room: Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, the Christian Prayer Room is open to all passengers and visitors. The room is equipped with chairs, a table, and a Bible for those who wish to read or pray.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and a copy of the Quran for those who wish to pray or read.
3. Inuit Prayer Room: The Inuit Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. The room is designed to accommodate the spiritual needs of Inuit passengers and visitors, with traditional Inuit artwork and a space for smudging ceremonies.
4. Meditation Room: The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the Christian Prayer Room. The room is a quiet space for reflection and meditation, with comfortable seating and a calming atmosphere.
5. Chapel: The airport chapel is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the Christian Prayer Room. The chapel is open to all passengers and visitors, regardless of their faith, and offers a peaceful space for prayer and contemplation.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Rankin Inlet Airport offers WiFi and workspace facilities to its passengers. The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing travelers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flights.
In addition to the WiFi, the airport also offers a dedicated workspace area for passengers who need to work on their laptops or other electronic devices. The workspace area is equipped with comfortable seating, power outlets, and ample lighting, making it an ideal spot for business travelers or anyone who needs to get some work done.
Overall, Rankin Inlet Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities provide a convenient and comfortable environment for passengers to stay connected and productive while traveling.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge located at the Rankin Inlet Airport, Nunavut
- The Air North Polar Lounge located at the Rankin Inlet Airport, Nunavut
- The Canadian North Lounge located at the Rankin Inlet Airport, Nunavut
- The First Air Lounge located at the Rankin Inlet Airport, Nunavut
Accomodation Options Nearby Rankin Inlet Airport
1. The Nunavut Inn: Located just a short drive away from Rankin Inlet Airport, the Nunavut Inn offers comfortable rooms with a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, lounge, and fitness centre.
2. Kivalliq Inn: This hotel is located in the heart of Rankin Inlet and offers a variety of room types, including standard rooms, suites, and family rooms. It also features an on-site restaurant and lounge.
3. Arctic Haven Lodge: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, Arctic Haven Lodge offers a variety of accommodation options, including cabins, suites, and dorm rooms. It also features a restaurant, lounge, and fitness centre.
4. Arctic Chalet: This hotel is located close to the airport and offers a variety of room types, including standard rooms, suites, and family rooms. It also features an on-site restaurant and lounge.
5. Rankin Inlet Lodge: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, Rankin Inlet Lodge offers a variety of accommodation options, including standard rooms, suites, and family rooms. It also features an on-site restaurant and lounge.
Rankin Inlet Airport is located in the beautiful and remote region of Nunavut, Canada. While the airport itself is a hub for transportation, there are several attractions in the surrounding area that are worth exploring. Here are some of the top attractions near Rankin Inlet Airport:
1. Rankin Inlet Heritage Centre: This museum is dedicated to preserving and sharing the history and culture of the Inuit people. Visitors can learn about traditional hunting and fishing practices, view artifacts, and see exhibits on contemporary Inuit art.
2. Meliadine Gold Mine: This mine is one of the largest gold mines in Canada and offers tours for visitors. Learn about the mining process and see the impressive machinery used to extract gold from the earth.
3. Whale Watching: Rankin Inlet is a prime location for whale watching. Visitors can take a boat tour to see beluga whales, narwhals, and bowhead whales in their natural habitat.
4. Northern Lights: The aurora borealis is a stunning natural phenomenon that can be seen in the skies above Rankin Inlet. Visitors can take guided tours to view the Northern Lights and learn about the science behind this beautiful display.
5. Arctic Char Fishing: The Arctic char is a popular fish in the region and visitors can take guided fishing tours to catch their own. This is a great way to experience the local culture and cuisine.
6. Outdoor Adventures: The rugged landscape around Rankin Inlet is perfect for outdoor adventures. Visitors can go hiking, camping, kayaking, and dog sledding to experience the beauty of the Arctic wilderness.
Overall, Rankin Inlet Airport and the surrounding area offer a unique and unforgettable experience for visitors looking to explore the beauty and culture of Nunavut.
History of Rankin Inlet Airport
Rankin Inlet Airport is located in the Kivalliq region of Nunavut, Canada. The airport was originally built in the 1950s as a small airstrip to support the mining industry in the area. In the 1970s, the airport was expanded to accommodate larger aircraft and to serve as a hub for transportation in the region.
In the 1990s, the airport underwent a major renovation and expansion project, which included the construction of a new terminal building, runway extension, and improved navigational aids. The airport now serves as a vital transportation link for the Kivalliq region, connecting communities to the rest of Nunavut and Canada.
Rankin Inlet Airport is also home to the Canadian High Arctic Research Station (CHARS), which is a world-class research facility focused on Arctic science and technology. The airport plays a critical role in supporting the operations of CHARS and facilitating scientific research in the region.
Today, Rankin Inlet Airport is a modern and well-equipped facility that serves as a lifeline for the people of the Kivalliq region. It continues to play an important role in supporting economic development, scientific research, and community connectivity in the Canadian Arctic.
- Alert Airport
- Arviat Airport
- Baker Lake Airport
- Cambridge Bay Airport
- Cape Dorset Airport
- Chesterfield Inlet Airport
- Clyde River Airport
- Coral Harbour Airport
- Gjoa Haven Airport
- Grise Fiord Airport
- Hall Beach Airport
- Igloolik Airport
- Iqaluit Airport
- Kimmirut Airport
- Kugaaruk Airport
- Kugluktuk Airport
- Naujaat Airport
- Pangnirtung Airport
- Pond Inlet Airport
- Qikiqtarjuaq Airport
- Rankin Inlet Airport
- Resolute Bay Airport
- Sanikiluaq Airport
- Taloyoak Airport
- Whale Cove Airport