Roberts International Airport is the largest airport in Liberia and serves as the main gateway to the country. Located in the town of Harbel, the airport is named after Liberia’s first president, Joseph Jenkins Roberts.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Roberts International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Roberts International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Roberts International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Roberts International Airport
- Other Airports in Margibi County, Liberia
How to Get to Roberts International Airport
Roberts International Airport is located in Liberia, West Africa. To get to the airport, there are several transportation options available. The most common way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available in the city and can be hailed on the street or booked through a taxi service. The ride to the airport takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic.
Another option is to take a shuttle bus. Shuttle buses are available from various locations in the city and offer a more affordable option for travelers. The shuttle bus service is reliable and operates on a regular schedule.
If you prefer to drive yourself, car rental services are available at the airport. You can book a car in advance or rent one upon arrival. The drive to the airport is straightforward, and there are signs along the way to guide you.
In conclusion, getting to Roberts International Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you choose to take a taxi, shuttle bus, or rent a car, you can be sure to arrive at the airport on time for your flight. It is recommended to plan your transportation in advance to avoid any last-minute delays or issues.
Roberts International Airport is the main international airport in Liberia, serving the capital city of Monrovia and the surrounding areas. If you’re planning a trip to Liberia, it’s important to know your transportation options to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular transportation options available at Roberts International Airport:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. You can negotiate the fare with the driver before getting in the car.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is a good option if you plan to explore the country on your own.
3. Shuttle services: Some hotels and guesthouses offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Check with your accommodation provider to see if they offer this service.
4. Private transfers: Private transfer services are available at the airport, and they offer a more comfortable and personalized experience. You can book a private transfer in advance or at the airport.
5. Public transportation: Public transportation is available outside the airport, but it can be crowded and uncomfortable. It’s not recommended for tourists who are unfamiliar with the area.
No matter which transportation option you choose, make sure to do your research and plan ahead to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey.
Roberts International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and is the most affordable option for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for economy parking are charged daily.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is available for travelers who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The valet parking area is located in front of the terminal building, and the rates are charged hourly.
All parking areas at Roberts International Airport are secure and well-lit, providing travelers with peace of mind while they are away. Additionally, there are shuttle services available to transport travelers from the parking areas to the terminal building.
Car Rental at Roberts International Airport
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Roberts International Airport is the largest airport in Liberia and serves as the main gateway to the country. The airport has two terminals, Terminal A and Terminal B. Terminal A is the main terminal and handles both domestic and international flights. It has a capacity of 400 passengers per hour and is equipped with modern facilities such as duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges.
Terminal B is a smaller terminal that is used exclusively for domestic flights. It has a capacity of 200 passengers per hour and is equipped with basic facilities such as check-in counters and waiting areas. The terminal is located adjacent to Terminal A and is easily accessible for passengers.
Both terminals at Roberts International Airport are well-maintained and provide a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers. The airport has implemented various measures to ensure the safety and security of passengers, including the use of advanced screening technology and trained security personnel. Overall, Roberts International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that provides a convenient gateway to Liberia and the surrounding region.
1. Air Canada
2. American Airlines
3. British Airways
4. Caribbean Airlines
5. Delta Air Lines
6. Fly Jamaica Airways
7. JetBlue Airways
8. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
9. LIAT Airlines
10. United Airlines
Roberts International Airport is the main international airport in Liberia and is located in the town of Harbel. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers are required to go through a security screening process before entering the airport terminal. This includes a thorough check of their luggage and personal belongings. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the metal detector. Any prohibited items such as weapons, explosives, and liquids over 100ml are confiscated.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises 24/7. They are responsible for ensuring that all areas of the airport are secure and that there are no suspicious activities taking place. The airport also has CCTV cameras installed throughout the terminal and parking areas to monitor any suspicious behavior.
In addition to these measures, the airport has implemented a strict access control system. Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter restricted areas of the airport, and all visitors are required to register and obtain a visitor pass before entering the airport premises.
Overall, Roberts International Airport has implemented a comprehensive security system to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport continues to review and update its security protocols to ensure that they are in line with international standards and best practices.
Roberts International Airport (ROB) is the main international airport in Liberia, located in the town of Harbel, about 35 miles from the capital city of Monrovia. The airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers.
One of the key services offered at ROB is the Meet and Greet service, which is available to all passengers upon arrival. This service provides a personal escort who will meet passengers at the gate and assist with immigration and customs procedures, baggage collection, and transportation to their final destination.
In addition to the Meet and Greet service, ROB also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including baggage wrapping, baggage storage, currency exchange, and car rental. The airport also has a number of restaurants, cafes, and shops, as well as a VIP lounge for passengers who require additional comfort and privacy.
Overall, Roberts International Airport is committed to providing a high level of traveler’s assistance to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. Whether you are arriving or departing, the airport’s friendly and professional staff are always on hand to assist with any questions or concerns you may have.
Shops and Restaurants
Roberts International Airport, located in Liberia, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty-Free Shop: This shop offers a wide range of tax-free products, including liquor, tobacco, perfumes, and cosmetics.
– Liberia Gift Shop: Here, travelers can find unique souvenirs and gifts that showcase the local culture and traditions.
– Newsstand: This shop offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, books, and snacks for travelers to enjoy during their flight.
– KFC: This popular fast-food chain offers a variety of fried chicken dishes, sandwiches, and sides.
– Java House: This coffee shop serves a range of hot and cold beverages, as well as pastries and sandwiches.
– Sky Bar: This restaurant and bar offers a selection of international cuisine, as well as cocktails and other drinks.
– Burger King: Another fast-food chain, Burger King offers a variety of burgers, fries, and other fast-food favorites.
Overall, Roberts International Airport provides a range of shopping and dining options to suit the needs and preferences of all travelers.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Roberts International Airport, located in Liberia, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Roberts International Airport:
1. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim prayer room is located on the ground floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is open 24 hours a day and provides a quiet and peaceful space for Muslims to perform their daily prayers.
2. Christian Chapel: The Christian chapel is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24 hours a day and provides a space for Christian worship and prayer.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The multi-faith prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24 hours a day and provides a space for people of all faiths to pray and meditate.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Roberts International Airport are free to use and open to all passengers and visitors. They are maintained to provide a peaceful and respectful environment for people to practice their faith.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Roberts International Airport, located in Liberia, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
Roberts International Airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building. Passengers can easily connect to the airport’s WiFi network by selecting “RIA Free WiFi” from the list of available networks on their device. The WiFi is fast and reliable, making it easy for travelers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flight.
For those who need to work while at the airport, Roberts International Airport offers a variety of workspace facilities. The airport has a business center located in the departure lounge, which provides a quiet and comfortable space for passengers to work. The business center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy for travelers to charge their devices and work on their laptops.
In addition to the business center, Roberts International Airport also has several cafes and restaurants that offer seating areas with power outlets. These areas are perfect for travelers who need to work while enjoying a meal or a cup of coffee.
Overall, Roberts International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
Roberts International Airport (RIA) offers travelers a number of different lounge options to choose from:
- Royal Executive Lounge – Located on the first floor of the airport terminal.
- First Class Lounge – Located on the second floor of the airport terminal.
- Business Class Lounge – Located on the third floor of the airport terminal.
- VIP Lounge – Located on the fourth floor of the airport terminal.
Accomodation Options Nearby Roberts International Airport
Roberts International Airport, located in Monrovia, Liberia, offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers with varying budgets and preferences. From affordable hotels to luxurious resorts, you can find something suitable for your needs. Let’s explore the range of accommodation options available at Roberts International Airport.
1. Budget-Friendly Hotels:
For travelers seeking affordable accommodation near the airport, several budget-friendly hotels are available. These options are perfect for those looking for a comfortable stay without breaking the bank. They usually offer basic amenities such as clean rooms, Wi-Fi, and friendly service. Some examples include:
– Airport View Hotel: Situated close to the airport, this hotel provides convenient access to the terminals and offers clean and cozy rooms at affordable rates.
– Duana Hotel: A budget hotel offering comfortable rooms with essential amenities and a convenient location near the airport.
2. Mid-Range Hotels:
If you’re looking for more amenities and comfort, several mid-range hotels near Roberts International Airport can cater to your needs. These options typically provide spacious rooms, on-site dining, fitness facilities, and more. Some mid-range hotels include:
– RLJ Kendeja Resort & Villas: Located within a short drive from the airport, this beachfront resort offers spacious rooms, dining options, outdoor pools, and excellent service.
– Farmington Hotel: Situated near the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, a fitness center, multiple dining options, and a swimming pool.
3. Upscale Hotels and Resorts:
For travelers seeking a more luxurious stay, Roberts International Airport also offers upscale hotels and resorts that provide an indulgent experience. These accommodations often boast extensive amenities, fine dining options, spa services, and beautiful surroundings. A couple of noteworthy upscale options include:
– Royal Grand Hotel: This elegant hotel, located near the airport, offers spacious rooms, a stunning pool area, multiple dining options, a gym, and a spa, making it perfect for those seeking luxury and relaxation.
– The Farmington River Hotel: Offering a serene riverfront location, this upscale hotel features well-appointed rooms, gourmet dining, a private beach, a rejuvenating spa, and stunning views of the river.
Regardless of your budget or preferences, Roberts International Airport provides a range of accommodation options to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. It is advisable to make reservations in advance, especially during peak travel seasons, to secure your preferred choice.
1. Libassa Wildlife Sanctuary: Located just a short drive away from Roberts International Airport, Libassa Wildlife Sanctuary is a must-visit attraction for nature enthusiasts. This sanctuary is home to a variety of rescued animals, including chimpanzees, baboons, and reptiles, allowing visitors to learn about wildlife conservation in a beautiful setting.
2. Providence Island: A historic landmark, Providence Island is located near Monrovia and is easily accessible from the airport. Steeped in history, this island was the original landing spot of freed American slaves, known as Americo-Liberians, in 1822. Visitors can explore the ruins of early settlements and gain insight into Liberia’s unique heritage.
3. Waterfalls of White Plains: Located in the White Plains area, these cascading waterfalls offer a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. With lush green surroundings and a peaceful atmosphere, this natural attraction is perfect for relaxing hikes and stunning photo opportunities.
4. Kendeja Cultural Village: Situated near the airport, the Kendeja Cultural Village provides a glimpse into traditional Liberian culture. Visitors can engage in various cultural activities, such as traditional dance performances, arts and crafts, and tasting local cuisine. It’s a great way to immerse oneself in the traditions and customs of the region.
5. Ducor Hotel: Although now abandoned, the Ducor Hotel stands as a historical landmark of Monrovia’s past. This iconic building offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city and the sea. While it is no longer operational as a hotel, visitors can explore its grounds and admire its unique architecture.
6. National Museum of Liberia: Located in Monrovia, the National Museum houses a fascinating collection of cultural artifacts, historical documents, and exhibits showcasing Liberia’s rich heritage. Visitors can explore the extensive collection that ranges from ancient tribal artifacts to contemporary Liberian art.
7. Liberian National Cultural Village: Situated in Sinkor, Monrovia, this cultural village exposes visitors to various Liberian ethnic groups. The village features traditional huts, displays of native crafts, live performances of music and dance, and demonstrations of traditional practices, giving visitors an authentic cultural experience.
8. Cestos-Sapo National Park: A bit further from the airport but definitely worth the visit, Cestos-Sapo National Park is Liberia’s largest protected area. This pristine rainforest offers incredible biodiversity with a wide range of wildlife, including forest elephants, chimpanzees, and numerous bird species. Exploring the park is an excellent opportunity for nature lovers and eco-tourism enthusiasts.
9. CeCe Beach: Located in Paynesville, CeCe Beach is a popular spot for locals and tourists looking to relax and enjoy the coastal beauty of Liberia. With its golden sand, palm trees, and gentle waves, this beach offers a serene escape and is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a picnic by the sea.
10. Thinkers Village: Just a short distance from the airport, Thinkers Village is a serene residential area known for its tranquility and beautiful landscapes. Visitors can take a leisurely walk through the village, admire the stunning architecture of the houses, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance that makes this area so appealing.
These attractions near Roberts International Airport offer a diverse range of experiences, from cultural immersion to natural beauty, ensuring visitors have a memorable and enriching time during their stay in Liberia.
History of Roberts International Airport
Roberts International Airport is the main international airport in Liberia, located in the town of Harbel, about 35 miles from the capital city of Monrovia. The airport was named after Liberia’s first president, Joseph Jenkins Roberts, and was originally built in 1942 by the United States government as a military airfield during World War II.
After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and became the main gateway to Liberia. In the 1970s and 1980s, the airport underwent major renovations and expansions, including the construction of a new terminal building and runway.
However, during the Liberian Civil War in the 1990s, the airport was severely damaged and fell into disrepair. It was closed for several years before reopening in 2002 with the help of international aid and investment.
Since then, Roberts International Airport has undergone further renovations and upgrades, including the construction of a new terminal building in 2019. Today, the airport serves as a vital transportation hub for Liberia and the surrounding region, connecting passengers to destinations across Africa and around the world.
Other Airports in Margibi County, Liberia