Ross River Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. It serves as an important transportation hub for the local community and provides access to remote areas of the region. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of services and amenities for travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Ross River Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Ross River Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Ross River Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Ross River Airport
- Other Airports in Yukon, Canada
How to Get to Ross River Airport
Ross River Airport is located in the Yukon Territory of Canada and is accessible by road or air. If you are driving, take the Robert Campbell Highway from Whitehorse and follow the signs to Ross River. The airport is located approximately 5 km from the town center and is well signposted.
If you are flying, there are several airlines that operate flights to Ross River Airport, including Air North and Alkan Air. Flights are available from Whitehorse and other regional airports in the Yukon Territory. Check with your airline for schedules and availability.
Once you arrive at the airport, there are several options for transportation to your final destination. Taxis are available at the airport, or you can arrange for a rental car in advance. There are also shuttle services available that can take you to your hotel or other destination in Ross River.
Overall, getting to Ross River Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you are driving or flying, there are plenty of options for transportation to your final destination. Just be sure to plan ahead and check with your airline or rental car company for schedules and availability.
Ross River Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. While there are limited transportation options available, visitors can still easily get to and from the airport.
1. Car Rental: The most convenient way to get around Ross River is by renting a car. There are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Budget and Avis. Visitors can book a car in advance or rent one upon arrival.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take visitors to their destination in Ross River. However, it is recommended to book a taxi in advance to ensure availability.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and resorts in Ross River offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Visitors should check with their accommodation provider to see if this service is available.
4. Public Transportation: There is no public transportation available in Ross River, so visitors will need to arrange for private transportation.
5. Walking: Ross River is a small town, and some accommodations are within walking distance of the airport. Visitors should check the distance before choosing this option.
Overall, while transportation options may be limited, visitors can still easily get to and from Ross River Airport. Renting a car or booking a taxi in advance are the most convenient options, while shuttle services may be available through some accommodations.
Ross River Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. The airport has both short-term and long-term parking areas located conveniently close to the terminal building.
The short-term parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 30 minutes of parking in this lot is free, and after that, there is a small hourly fee.
The long-term parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to leave their car at the airport for an extended period. The daily rate for this lot is very reasonable, and there are also weekly and monthly rates available for those who need to park for longer periods.
Both parking lots are well-lit and monitored by security cameras, ensuring the safety of your vehicle while you are away. The airport also offers a shuttle service to transport passengers and their luggage to and from the parking lots and the terminal building.
Overall, Ross River Airport provides convenient and affordable car parking options for travelers, making it easy to get to and from the airport without any hassle.
Car Rental at Ross River Airport
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent A Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
Ross River Airport is a small airport located in Ross River, Yukon, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passengers and one for cargo. The passenger terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as restrooms, seating areas, and a small snack bar. The terminal is open during flight times and is staffed by airport personnel who are available to assist passengers with their needs.
The cargo terminal is a separate building located adjacent to the passenger terminal. It is used for the handling and storage of cargo that is transported to and from the airport. The cargo terminal is equipped with loading docks and storage areas to accommodate various types of cargo. The terminal is open during regular business hours and is staffed by cargo handlers who are responsible for the safe and efficient handling of cargo.
Overall, Ross River Airport terminals are small but functional facilities that serve the needs of the local community and surrounding areas. The terminals are well-maintained and provide essential services for both passengers and cargo. Despite its small size, the airport plays an important role in connecting the region to the rest of the world.
- Airnorth operates regular scheduled flights between Ross River Airport and Darwin.
- Skytrans Airlines operates charter flights from Ross River Airport to other destinations.
- Airnorth and Skytrans Airlines also provide charter services for private aircraft.
- Alliance Airlines provides regular scheduled flights between Ross River Airport and Townsville.
- QantasLink offers scheduled flights from Ross River Airport to Cairns.
- QantasLink and Alliance Airlines also offer charter services for private aircraft.
Ross River Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security protocols very seriously. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding any flights. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their bags scanned for any prohibited items.
In addition to the standard security measures, Ross River Airport also has a strict policy on the transportation of firearms. Passengers are required to declare any firearms they are carrying and must have the proper permits and documentation. The firearms are then stored in a secure location during the flight.
The airport also has a security team that monitors the premises and ensures that only authorized personnel are allowed in restricted areas. All employees and contractors are required to undergo background checks and receive security training before being granted access to the airport.
Overall, Ross River Airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure the safety of all passengers and employees. The airport takes a proactive approach to security and is constantly reviewing and updating its procedures to stay ahead of any potential threats.
Ross River Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. Despite its small size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
One of the most notable services offered at Ross River Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has trained staff members who are available to assist passengers with mobility issues, ensuring they can navigate the airport safely and comfortably. Additionally, the airport offers assistance with baggage handling, including assistance with oversized or heavy items.
For travelers who require special accommodations, such as those with hearing or vision impairments, Ross River Airport offers assistance with communication and navigation. The airport staff can provide information in alternative formats, such as braille or large print, and can assist with wayfinding throughout the airport.
Overall, Ross River Airport is committed to providing a welcoming and accessible travel experience for all passengers. With a range of traveler’s assistance services available, passengers can feel confident that their needs will be met and their travel experience will be as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Ross River Airport Cafe: Enjoy a delicious meal or snack while you wait for your flight. The cafe offers a variety of hot and cold items, as well as a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
2. The Ross River Airport Gift Shop: Pick up a souvenir or gift for someone special. The gift shop has a wide selection of items, including books, magazines, clothing, and more.
3. The Ross River Airport Newsstand: Pick up a newspaper or magazine to read while you wait for your flight. The newsstand also carries snacks and beverages.
4. The Ross River Airport Bookstore: Browse a selection of books, magazines, and other reading materials.
5. The Ross River Airport Duty-Free Shop: Shop for duty-free items such as liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
6. The Ross River Airport Pharmacy: Pick up any last-minute items you may need for your trip. The pharmacy carries a selection of over-the-counter medications, as well as toiletries and other items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Ross River Airport, located in Yukon, Canada, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and airport staff. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and comfortable space for individuals to practice their faith and engage in prayer or meditation.
The airport has two prayer rooms located on the main level of the terminal building. The first prayer room is located near the baggage claim area, while the second prayer room is located near the security checkpoint. Both rooms are open to all passengers and airport staff and are available 24 hours a day.
In addition to the prayer rooms, Ross River Airport also has a designated worship area for Christian passengers. The worship area is located near the main entrance of the terminal building and is open to all passengers and airport staff. The area features comfortable seating and religious literature for visitors to use during their time of worship.
Overall, Ross River Airport provides a welcoming and inclusive environment for passengers and airport staff of all faiths. The prayer rooms and worship areas are a testament to the airport’s commitment to promoting diversity and respect for all individuals.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Ross River Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of facilities for travelers, including WiFi and workspace options.
WiFi: Ross River Airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. The airport’s WiFi network is reliable and fast, allowing travelers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely while waiting for their flights.
Workspace: For travelers who need to get some work done, Ross River Airport offers a comfortable workspace area. The workspace is equipped with tables and chairs, making it an ideal spot for business travelers or anyone who needs to catch up on some work.
In addition to these facilities, Ross River Airport also has a small café where travelers can grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee. The airport’s staff is friendly and helpful, ensuring that passengers have a pleasant experience while waiting for their flights.
Overall, Ross River Airport provides all the essential facilities that travelers need to stay connected and productive while on the go. Whether you’re a business traveler or a leisure traveler, you can rest assured that Ross River Airport has everything you need to make your journey as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- The Uluwatu Lounge: Located in the Ross River Airport, this modern lounge offers complimentary snacks and beverages, as well as comfortable seating.
- The Outback Lounge: This rustic lounge is located in the Ross River Airport and features a range of Australian beers, wines and spirits.
- The Cloud 9 Lounge: Located in the Ross River Airport, this stylish lounge offers a selection of snacks, drinks and cocktails.
- The Qantas Lounge: Located in the Ross River Airport, this luxurious lounge offers an exclusive selection of premium wines, spirits, beers and cocktails.
Accomodation Options Nearby Ross River Airport
1. Ross River Resort: Located just a few minutes away from Ross River Airport, Ross River Resort offers comfortable and affordable accommodation in a variety of room types, including standard rooms, family rooms, and suites.
2. Ross River Lodge: Located a short drive away from the airport, Ross River Lodge offers a range of accommodation options, including self-contained cabins, motel rooms, and camping sites.
3. Ross River Homestead: Located a short drive away from the airport, Ross River Homestead offers a range of accommodation options, including self-contained cabins, motel rooms, and camping sites.
4. Ross River Hotel: Located a short drive away from the airport, Ross River Hotel offers a range of accommodation options, including motel rooms, suites, and apartments.
5. Ross River Caravan Park: Located a short drive away from the airport, Ross River Caravan Park offers a range of accommodation options, including powered and unpowered camping sites, cabins, and villas.
1. Ross River Suspension Bridge: This iconic bridge is located just a short drive from the airport and is a must-visit attraction. The bridge spans the Pelly River and offers stunning views of the surrounding wilderness.
2. Lapie Canyon: Located just a few kilometers from the airport, Lapie Canyon is a popular spot for hiking, camping, and fishing. The canyon is home to a variety of wildlife, including moose, caribou, and grizzly bears.
3. Ross River Heritage Trail: This scenic trail winds through the town of Ross River and offers visitors a glimpse into the area’s rich history. Along the way, you’ll see historic buildings, mining artifacts, and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
4. Pelly River: The Pelly River is a popular spot for fishing and canoeing. Visitors can rent canoes and kayaks in Ross River and explore the river on their own, or join a guided tour.
5. Tintina Trench: This geological feature is located just a short drive from the airport and is a popular spot for hiking and exploring. The trench is a deep, narrow valley that was formed by tectonic activity millions of years ago.
6. Yukon Wildlife Preserve: Located about an hour’s drive from the airport, the Yukon Wildlife Preserve is home to a variety of animals, including moose, elk, bison, and lynx. Visitors can take a guided tour of the preserve and learn about the animals and their habitats.
7. Kluane National Park and Reserve: This stunning park is located about two hours from the airport and is home to some of the highest peaks in Canada. Visitors can hike, camp, and explore the park’s glaciers, lakes, and forests.
History of Ross River Airport
Ross River Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. It was originally built in the 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was used for commercial purposes, primarily for mining and forestry operations in the area.
In the 1970s, the airport underwent significant upgrades to accommodate larger aircraft and increased traffic. A new terminal building was constructed, along with a longer runway and improved navigation and communication systems. These upgrades allowed the airport to become a hub for transportation and logistics in the region.
Today, Ross River Airport continues to serve as an important transportation hub for the Yukon Territory. It is primarily used for charter flights, as well as for emergency medical evacuations and search and rescue operations. The airport also plays a key role in supporting the local mining and forestry industries, providing a vital link between remote communities and the rest of the world. Despite its small size, Ross River Airport has a rich history and remains an important part of the Yukon’s aviation infrastructure.
Other Airports in Yukon, Canada
- Beaver Creek Airport
- Burwash Airport
- Dawson City Airport
- Faro Airport
- Haines Junction Airport
- Herschel Island Field
- Mayo Airport
- Old Crow Airport
- Ross River Airport
- Teslin Airport
- Watson Lake Airport
- Whitehorse / Erik Nielsen International Airport