Saint John Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the region for both business and leisure travelers, offering a range of domestic and international flights. The airport is known for its modern facilities, convenient location, and friendly staff.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Saint John Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Saint John Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Saint John Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Saint John Airport
- Other Airports in New Brunswick, Canada
How to Get to Saint John Airport
Saint John Airport is located approximately 15 kilometers northeast of the city of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation.
If you are driving to the airport, take Route 111 east from Saint John and follow the signs for the airport. The airport is located just off Route 111 and is well signposted.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Saint John that offer airport transportation. You can book a taxi in advance or simply hail one on the street. The ride from downtown Saint John to the airport takes approximately 20 minutes.
If you are using public transportation, there is a bus service that runs from downtown Saint John to the airport. The bus departs from the King’s Square Transit Terminal and takes approximately 30 minutes to reach the airport. Be sure to check the bus schedule in advance to ensure you arrive at the airport in time for your flight.
Overall, getting to Saint John Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs.
Saint John Airport is a small regional airport located in New Brunswick, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and provide a convenient and reliable way to get to your destination. The fare to downtown Saint John is approximately $30.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. Renting a car is a great option if you plan on exploring the surrounding area.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport, including Maritime Bus and Saint John Airport Shuttle. These services offer door-to-door transportation to various destinations in the area.
4. Public transportation: The Saint John Transit system operates several bus routes that stop at the airport. The fare is $2.75, and schedules can be found on the Saint John Transit website.
5. Private car service: Several private car services operate in the area, including Uber and Lyft. These services offer a convenient and comfortable way to get to your destination.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can be sure that you will arrive at your destination safely and efficiently.
Saint John Airport offers several parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: Located directly in front of the terminal building, this parking lot is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The hourly rate is $2, and the daily rate is $20.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to park for an extended period. The daily rate is $12, and the weekly rate is $60.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a bit further from the terminal building, but a free shuttle service is available to take passengers to and from the airport. The daily rate is $8, and the weekly rate is $40.
4. Valet Parking: For those who want the ultimate convenience, valet parking is available. Simply drop off your car at the terminal building, and a valet will park it for you. The daily rate is $25, and the weekly rate is $125.
No matter which parking option you choose, Saint John Airport makes it easy and convenient to park your car while you travel.
Car Rental at Saint John Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
Saint John Airport is a small airport located in the city of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped, with a range of facilities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
The terminal building at Saint John Airport is divided into two levels. The main level is where passengers can find check-in counters, baggage claim, and security screening. There are also a number of shops, restaurants, and cafes located on this level, offering a range of food and beverage options for travelers.
The upper level of the terminal is where passengers can find the departure gates and boarding areas. There are also additional shops and restaurants located on this level, as well as a lounge area for passengers who require a quiet space to work or relax before their flight. Overall, the Saint John Airport terminal is a modern and well-designed facility that offers a range of amenities and services to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for all passengers.
- Air Canada offers direct flights from Saint John Airport to Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa.
- WestJet offers direct flights from Saint John Airport to Toronto and Halifax.
- Porter Airlines offers direct flights from Saint John Airport to Toronto.
- Air Transat offers direct flights from Saint John Airport to Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.
- Sunwing Airlines offers direct flights from Saint John Airport to Toronto and Montreal.
- Air Canada Jazz offers direct flights from Saint John Airport to Halifax.
- Sky Regional Airlines offers direct flights from Saint John Airport to Toronto.
Saint John Airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport follows the guidelines set by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This includes screening of carry-on luggage, personal items, and passengers themselves. The security screening process involves X-ray machines, metal detectors, and body scanners. Passengers may also be subject to a pat-down search if necessary.
In addition to the standard security measures, Saint John Airport has also implemented COVID-19 protocols to prevent the spread of the virus. This includes mandatory mask-wearing, physical distancing, and enhanced cleaning procedures. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early to allow for extra time to go through the security screening process and to follow all instructions given by airport staff. Overall, Saint John Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all travelers.
Saint John Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for all passengers. These services include wheelchair assistance, baggage assistance, and special assistance for passengers with disabilities or medical conditions.
The airport’s wheelchair assistance service is available to passengers who require mobility assistance. Trained staff members are available to assist passengers with getting to and from their gate, as well as with boarding and disembarking from their flight. The airport also offers baggage assistance to help passengers with their luggage, including oversized or heavy items.
For passengers with disabilities or medical conditions, Saint John Airport provides special assistance services. These services include accessible parking, wheelchair-accessible restrooms, and assistance with navigating the airport. The airport also offers a special assistance desk where passengers can request additional support or accommodations.
Overall, Saint John Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel easier and more accessible for all passengers. Whether you require mobility assistance, baggage assistance, or special accommodations, the airport’s staff is dedicated to providing a comfortable and stress-free travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Tim Hortons: Located in the main terminal, this popular Canadian coffee and donut shop offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, breakfast sandwiches, and baked goods.
2. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Located in the main terminal, this full-service restaurant offers a variety of steaks, seafood, and other classic dishes.
3. Subway: Located in the main terminal, this popular sandwich shop offers a variety of freshly made subs, salads, and sides.
4. Booster Juice: Located in the main terminal, this smoothie and juice bar offers a variety of freshly made smoothies, juices, and other healthy snacks.
5. The Airport Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of souvenirs, books, magazines, snacks, and other items.
6. The Airport Newsstand: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, books, snacks, and other items.
7. The Airport Duty Free Shop: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Saint John Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers who need a quiet space to pray or meditate. These areas are located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all passengers.
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor near the Departures Lounge, this prayer room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
2. Christian Chapel – Located on the second floor near the Departures Lounge, this chapel is open to all Christian denominations and provides a space for worship and prayer.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor near the Departures Lounge, this prayer room is open to Muslims and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the second floor near the Departures Lounge, this prayer room is open to Jews and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other resources to help travelers practice their faith. They are also kept clean and well-maintained to ensure a peaceful and comfortable environment for all users.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Saint John Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Here are some of the amenities available:
1. Free WiFi: Saint John Airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building. Passengers can connect to the network by selecting “SJAirport” from their device’s list of available networks.
2. Charging stations: There are multiple charging stations located throughout the airport, providing passengers with a convenient place to charge their devices.
3. Business center: The airport’s business center is located on the second floor and offers a range of amenities, including computers, printers, and fax machines. There is also a conference room available for rent.
4. Lounge areas: There are several lounge areas located throughout the airport, providing passengers with comfortable seating and tables to work on.
5. Food and beverage options: The airport has several food and beverage options, including a café and a restaurant, where passengers can grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee while they work.
Overall, Saint John Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights.
- Delta Sky Club: Located in the US departures area on the upper level of the terminal.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Located on the upper level near gate 3.
- WestJet Lounge: Located on the upper level near gate 4.
Accomodation Options Nearby Saint John Airport
1. The Delta Hotels by Marriott Saint John: This hotel is located just minutes away from the Saint John Airport and offers a variety of amenities, including an indoor pool, fitness center, and free Wi-Fi.
2. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint John: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool.
3. The Comfort Inn & Suites Saint John: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool.
4. The Hampton Inn & Suites Saint John: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool.
5. The Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool.
1. Irving Nature Park: Located just a short drive from Saint John Airport, Irving Nature Park is a beautiful coastal park that offers stunning views of the Bay of Fundy. Visitors can explore the park’s trails, beaches, and wetlands, and spot a variety of wildlife, including seals, birds, and deer.
2. Reversing Falls: One of Saint John’s most popular attractions, the Reversing Falls is a natural phenomenon where the Bay of Fundy’s tides meet the Saint John River, creating a series of rapids and whirlpools. Visitors can watch the action from a viewing platform or take a boat tour to get up close to the falls.
3. Saint John City Market: Located in the heart of downtown Saint John, the City Market is a historic indoor market that has been in operation since 1876. Visitors can browse the stalls of local vendors selling fresh produce, seafood, baked goods, and crafts.
4. New Brunswick Museum: The New Brunswick Museum is the oldest continuing museum in Canada and features exhibits on the province’s natural and cultural history. Visitors can learn about the Bay of Fundy’s unique ecosystem, see artifacts from the province’s First Nations communities, and explore the museum’s extensive art collection.
5. Saint John Reversing Falls Zip Line: For a thrill-seeking adventure, visitors can try the Saint John Reversing Falls Zip Line, which takes riders over the Reversing Falls at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour. The zip line offers stunning views of the falls and the surrounding area.
6. Fort Howe: Located on a hill overlooking Saint John, Fort Howe is a historic fort that was built in 1777 during the American Revolution. Visitors can explore the fort’s ramparts, barracks, and gun emplacements, and learn about the fort’s role in defending the city.
7. Rockwood Park: Rockwood Park is a large urban park that offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, mountain biking, swimming, and golfing. The park also features a zoo, a botanical garden, and a campground.
History of Saint John Airport
Saint John Airport, also known as the Saint John Airport Inc., is located in the city of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. The airport was first established in 1940 as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and began serving commercial flights in 1948.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several expansions and upgrades to accommodate the growing demand for air travel in the region. In 1969, a new terminal building was constructed, followed by the addition of a second runway in 1980. In 2002, a major renovation project was undertaken to modernize the airport facilities and improve passenger services.
Today, Saint John Airport serves as a vital transportation hub for the region, connecting passengers to destinations across Canada and the United States. The airport is home to several airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Porter Airlines, and offers a range of amenities for travelers, including restaurants, shops, and car rental services. With its rich history and commitment to providing top-notch service, Saint John Airport continues to play an important role in the economic and social development of the region.
Other Airports in New Brunswick, Canada
- Charlo Airport
- Fredericton Airport
- Greater Moncton Romeo LeBlanc International Airport
- Miramichi Airport
- Saint John Airport
- St Leonard Airport