San Pedro Airport, also known as John Greif II Airport, is a small airport located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. It serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destination of San Pedro and other nearby islands. The airport offers domestic flights to Belize City and other destinations in Belize.
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to San Pedro Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at San Pedro Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby San Pedro Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of San Pedro Airport
- Other Airports in Bas-Sassandra, Cote d’Ivoire
How to Get to San Pedro Airport
San Pedro Airport is located in San Pedro, California, and is easily accessible by car or public transportation. If you are driving, take the 110 Freeway and exit at the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) South. Follow the signs for San Pedro and turn left onto North Gaffey Street. Continue on North Gaffey Street until you reach the airport, which will be on your right-hand side.
If you prefer to take public transportation, you can take the Metro Silver Line to the Harbor Gateway Transit Center. From there, transfer to the Metro Bus 246, which will take you directly to the airport. Alternatively, you can take the Metro Bus 205 or 246 from downtown Los Angeles to San Pedro, and then transfer to the Metro Bus 142, which will take you to the airport.
If you are traveling from outside the area, you can fly into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and then take a taxi or shuttle service to San Pedro Airport. The drive from LAX to San Pedro is approximately 30 minutes, depending on traffic. Overall, getting to San Pedro Airport is easy and convenient, whether you are driving or taking public transportation.
San Pedro is a beautiful coastal town located in Los Angeles County, California. It is a popular tourist destination, and many visitors arrive at the San Pedro Airport. If you are planning a trip to San Pedro, it is essential to know the transportation options available to get to your destination. Here are some of the transportation options available at San Pedro Airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at San Pedro Airport, and they are a convenient way to get to your destination. You can find taxis outside the airport terminal, and they are available 24/7. Taxis are a bit expensive, but they are a comfortable and hassle-free way to get to your destination.
2. Shuttle: Shuttle services are also available at San Pedro Airport, and they are a cost-effective way to get to your destination. Shuttle services are shared rides, and they are ideal for people traveling in groups. You can book a shuttle service in advance, or you can find one at the airport.
3. Rental Cars: If you prefer to drive yourself, rental cars are available at San Pedro Airport. You can rent a car from one of the rental car companies located at the airport. Rental cars are a convenient way to get around San Pedro, and they give you the freedom to explore the town at your own pace.
4. Public Transportation: San Pedro Airport is well-connected to the public transportation system. You can take a bus or a train to get to your destination. Public transportation is a cost-effective way to get around San Pedro, but it can be time-consuming.
In conclusion, San Pedro Airport offers various transportation options to get to your destination. Whether you prefer a taxi, shuttle, rental car, or public transportation, you can find a transportation option that suits your needs and budget.
San Pedro Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other options, but it is ideal for picking up or dropping off passengers.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building, but a shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the airport. Long-term parking is a more affordable option for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is the most affordable option and is located further away from the terminal building. A shuttle service is also available to transport passengers to and from the airport. Economy parking is ideal for travelers who are looking for a budget-friendly option.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is available for those who want the ultimate convenience. Valet parking is located directly in front of the terminal building, and a valet attendant will park and retrieve your vehicle for you. This option is more expensive than other parking options but is ideal for those who want a hassle-free experience.
Overall, San Pedro Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at San Pedro Airport
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
San Pedro Airport is a small airport located in the town of San Pedro, Belize. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with a few check-in counters and a waiting area. The international terminal is slightly larger and has more amenities, including a duty-free shop, a restaurant, and a lounge area.
Both terminals are clean and well-maintained, with friendly staff who are happy to assist passengers with any questions or concerns. The airport is relatively quiet, with only a few flights arriving and departing each day. This makes for a stress-free travel experience, as passengers can easily navigate the terminals and quickly move through security and customs.
Overall, San Pedro Airport’s terminals are small but efficient, providing a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience for both domestic and international passengers.
- Aerolíneas Argentinas
- Aerolíneas del Sur
- Aerovías DAP
- Latam Chile
- Sky Airline
San Pedro Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers, employees, and visitors. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure that all individuals who enter the airport are screened thoroughly and efficiently.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and other screening equipment. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the metal detectors. Any items that are deemed a security risk, such as weapons or explosives, are confiscated immediately.
In addition to the security checkpoint, San Pedro Airport also has a team of trained security personnel who patrol the airport grounds and monitor all activity. These personnel are trained to identify and respond to any potential security threats, and they work closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that the airport remains safe and secure at all times.
Overall, San Pedro Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all individuals who pass through its doors. The airport continues to review and update its security protocols to ensure that they are effective and efficient, and it works closely with local and federal agencies to stay up-to-date on the latest security threats and trends.
San Pedro Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers who are arriving or departing from San Pedro Airport. The service is designed to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. The assistance is available to all travelers, regardless of their age, nationality, or travel purpose.
The assistance provided by San Pedro Airport Traveler’s Assistance includes a range of services such as baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, language interpretation, and information on flight schedules and airport facilities. The service is available 24/7, and the staff is trained to provide personalized assistance to each traveler based on their specific needs.
San Pedro Airport Traveler’s Assistance is committed to providing a safe and comfortable travel experience to all travelers. The staff is trained to handle any emergency situations that may arise, and they work closely with airport security and other airport personnel to ensure the safety of all travelers. The service is also designed to be accessible to travelers with disabilities, and the staff is trained to provide assistance to travelers with special needs.
Overall, San Pedro Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a valuable service for anyone traveling to or from San Pedro Airport. The service provides a range of support and assistance to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a seasoned traveler, San Pedro Airport Traveler’s Assistance is there to help you every step of the way.
Shops and Restaurants
San Pedro Airport is a small airport located in the town of San Pedro, Belize. Despite its size, the airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before or after their flights.
One of the most popular shops at San Pedro Airport is the Belizean Arts gift shop. Here, travelers can find a variety of handmade souvenirs, including jewelry, pottery, and textiles. The shop also offers a selection of local snacks and drinks, perfect for a quick bite before boarding a flight.
For those looking for a more substantial meal, the airport has a small restaurant called the Island Cafe. The menu features a variety of Belizean and international dishes, including fresh seafood, burgers, and salads. The restaurant also offers a selection of beer, wine, and cocktails for travelers looking to relax before their flight.
In addition to the gift shop and restaurant, San Pedro Airport also has a small convenience store where travelers can purchase snacks, drinks, and other travel essentials. The store is open daily and offers a variety of items at reasonable prices.
Overall, San Pedro Airport may be small, but it offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for a handmade souvenir, a quick snack, or a full meal, you’re sure to find something to suit your needs at this charming airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
San Pedro Airport, also known as Pedro Canga Rodriguez Airport, is a small airport located in the city of San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic. The airport has a few prayer rooms and worship areas available for passengers and visitors to use.
1. Catholic Chapel: The Catholic Chapel is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building. It is a small, quiet room that is open to all passengers and visitors. The chapel is decorated with religious icons and has a small altar where visitors can pray or light candles.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal building. It is a small, quiet room that is open to all Muslim passengers and visitors. The room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Protestant Chapel: The Protestant Chapel is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building. It is a small, quiet room that is open to all Protestant passengers and visitors. The chapel is decorated with religious icons and has a small altar where visitors can pray or light candles.
4. Meditation Room: The Meditation Room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal building. It is a small, quiet room that is open to all passengers and visitors. The room is designed for quiet reflection and meditation, and is equipped with comfortable seating and soft lighting.
Overall, San Pedro Airport provides several options for passengers and visitors to pray or worship in a quiet and peaceful environment. These prayer rooms and worship areas are open to people of all faiths and are a reflection of the airport’s commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
San Pedro Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible. Among these facilities are WiFi and workspace facilities that are designed to meet the needs of business travelers and other passengers who need to stay connected while on the go.
San Pedro Airport offers free WiFi throughout the airport, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and keep up with their work, emails, and social media accounts. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, and can be accessed from any part of the airport, including the lounges and waiting areas.
For passengers who need to work while waiting for their flight, San Pedro Airport offers a range of workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Lounges: San Pedro Airport has several business lounges that are equipped with comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points. These lounges offer a quiet and comfortable environment where passengers can work, relax, or catch up on some reading.
2. Meeting Rooms: For passengers who need to hold meetings or conduct interviews, San Pedro Airport has several meeting rooms that can be rented by the hour or by the day. These rooms are equipped with all the necessary amenities, including projectors, screens, and teleconferencing equipment.
3. Workstations: San Pedro Airport has several workstations located throughout the airport that are equipped with power outlets and high-speed internet access. These workstations are ideal for passengers who need to work on their laptops or other devices while waiting for their flight.
In conclusion, San Pedro Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities that are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you need to stay connected to the internet or work on your laptop, San Pedro Airport has everything you need to make your travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- Dante’s Airport Lounge & Cafe – Located in the main terminal of San Pedro Airport.
- Garden View Lounge – Located on the second floor of the main terminal.
- The Galley Lounge – Located on the fourth floor of the main terminal.
- VIP Lounge – Located on the fifth floor of the main terminal.
Accomodation Options Nearby San Pedro Airport
San Pedro Airport offers a variety of accommodation options for travelers who need a place to stay before or after their flight. Here are some of the options available:
1. Hotel: There is a hotel located within the airport terminal building, offering comfortable rooms and convenient access to the airport. The hotel is perfect for travelers who need to catch an early flight or who arrive late at night.
2. Hostel: For budget-conscious travelers, there is a hostel located near the airport that offers affordable accommodation in dormitory-style rooms. The hostel is a great option for backpackers or those who are traveling on a tight budget.
3. Guesthouse: There are several guesthouses located near the airport that offer comfortable rooms and a more personal touch than a hotel. These guesthouses are often run by local families and offer a unique cultural experience.
4. Airbnb: For those who prefer a more independent and private accommodation option, there are several Airbnb properties located near the airport. These properties range from apartments to houses and offer a home-away-from-home experience.
5. Airport Lounge: For travelers who need a place to relax or work before their flight, there is an airport lounge located within the terminal building. The lounge offers comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and refreshments for a fee.
Overall, San Pedro Airport offers a range of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs and budget. Whether you’re looking for a comfortable hotel room or a budget-friendly hostel, you’re sure to find the perfect accommodation option at San Pedro Airport.
San Pedro Airport is located in the beautiful coastal town of San Pedro, Belize. The airport is surrounded by numerous attractions that are worth exploring. Here are some of the top attractions near San Pedro Airport:
1. Hol Chan Marine Reserve: This is a popular spot for snorkeling and diving. The reserve is home to a diverse range of marine life, including sea turtles, sharks, and colorful fish.
2. Shark Ray Alley: This is another popular snorkeling and diving spot near San Pedro Airport. Visitors can swim with nurse sharks and stingrays in their natural habitat.
3. Secret Beach: This secluded beach is located on the western side of Ambergris Caye. It is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and enjoying the stunning views of the Caribbean Sea.
4. Belize Barrier Reef: This is the second-largest barrier reef in the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors can explore the reef through snorkeling, diving, or taking a boat tour.
5. Bacalar Chico National Park and Marine Reserve: This protected area is located on the northern end of Ambergris Caye. It is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including manatees, crocodiles, and sea turtles.
6. San Pedro Town: This charming town is located just a few minutes away from the airport. It is home to numerous restaurants, bars, and shops, as well as the famous San Pedro Catholic Church.
7. Blue Hole: This is a popular diving spot located off the coast of Belize. It is a circular sinkhole that is over 300 feet deep and is home to a variety of marine life, including sharks and giant groupers.
8. Xunantunich Mayan Ruins: These ancient ruins are located on the mainland of Belize, near the town of San Ignacio. Visitors can explore the impressive Mayan temples and learn about the history of the ancient civilization.
History of San Pedro Airport
San Pedro Airport, also known as John Greif II Airport, is located on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize. The airport was named after John Greif II, a pilot who played a significant role in the development of the airport and aviation industry in Belize. The airport was originally built in the 1970s as a small airstrip to serve the island’s growing tourism industry.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to accommodate larger aircraft and increasing passenger traffic. In 2013, the airport underwent a major renovation, which included the construction of a new terminal building, runway extension, and improved facilities for passengers and airlines.
Today, San Pedro Airport is one of the busiest airports in Belize, serving as a gateway to the popular tourist destination of Ambergris Caye. The airport is serviced by several domestic and international airlines, including Tropic Air, Maya Island Air, American Airlines, and United Airlines. With its modern facilities and convenient location, San Pedro Airport continues to play a vital role in the growth and development of Belize’s tourism industry.
Other Airports in Bas-Sassandra, Cote d’Ivoire