Sault Ste Marie Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Algoma region and provides air transportation services to both domestic and international destinations.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Sault Ste Marie Airport
Sault Ste Marie Airport is located in Ontario, Canada and is easily accessible by car, taxi or public transportation. If you are driving, take Highway 17 and follow the signs to the airport. The airport is located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Sault Ste Marie.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in the area that offer airport transportation services. You can also use ride-sharing apps such as Uber or Lyft to get to the airport.
If you are using public transportation, there are several bus routes that stop at the airport. The Sault Ste Marie Transit System operates several routes that connect the airport to downtown and other areas of the city.
Overall, getting to Sault Ste Marie Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you are driving, taking a taxi or using public transportation, there are several options available to suit your needs.
Sault Ste Marie Airport is a small airport located in Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They offer a convenient and quick way to get to your destination. The fare is metered and varies depending on the distance traveled.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the area on your own. It is recommended to book in advance to ensure availability.
3. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport to various destinations in the city. These services are usually shared and offer a cost-effective way to get to your destination.
4. Public Transportation: The city’s public transportation system includes buses that operate from the airport to various parts of the city. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building.
5. Private Car Service: Private car services offer a more luxurious and comfortable way to travel to and from the airport. These services can be booked in advance and offer a personalized experience.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Sault Ste Marie Airport offers a variety of choices to suit your needs and budget.
Sault Ste Marie Airport offers convenient and affordable parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas available and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: Located directly in front of the terminal building, this parking area is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The hourly rate is $2.50, and the daily maximum is $20.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to park for an extended period. The daily rate is $12, and the weekly rate is $60.
3. Economy Parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building but offers the most affordable parking rates. The daily rate is $8, and the weekly rate is $40.
4. Valet Parking: For those who want the ultimate convenience, valet parking is available for $25 per day. The valet parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building.
All parking areas are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Payment can be made at the parking kiosks located in each parking area or at the terminal building.
Car Rental at Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Budget Car Rental
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
Sault Ste Marie Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is located on the east side of the airport and is used for flights within Canada. The international terminal is located on the west side of the airport and is used for flights to and from the United States.
The domestic terminal at Sault Ste Marie Airport is a modern facility that offers a range of services to passengers. The terminal has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and charging stations for electronic devices. There are also several food and beverage options available, including a café and a vending machine. The terminal also has a gift shop where passengers can purchase souvenirs and other items.
The international terminal at Sault Ste Marie Airport is smaller than the domestic terminal but still offers a range of services to passengers. The terminal has a waiting area with comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and charging stations for electronic devices. There is also a small café where passengers can purchase food and beverages. The terminal also has a duty-free shop where passengers can purchase tax-free items before boarding their flight. Overall, Sault Ste Marie Airport’s terminals are modern, clean, and efficient, providing a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers.
- Air Canada Express operated by Jazz: Toronto–Pearson
- Air Canada Jazz: Ottawa and Thunder Bay
- Air Creebec: Timmins, Moosonee, Kasabonika Lake, Fort Albany, Attawapiskat
- Porter Airlines: Toronto–Billy Bishop
- WestJet: Toronto–Pearson and Calgary
Sault Ste Marie Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint is staffed by trained security personnel who use state-of-the-art equipment to screen passengers and their belongings. This includes x-ray machines for carry-on luggage and metal detectors for passengers.
In addition to the security checkpoint, the airport also has a number of security measures in place behind the scenes. This includes regular patrols by security personnel, as well as surveillance cameras throughout the airport. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that any potential security threats are identified and addressed quickly.
Overall, Sault Ste Marie Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early to allow time for the security screening process, and to follow all instructions given by security personnel to ensure a smooth and efficient screening process.
Sault Ste Marie Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist with any questions or concerns, and can provide guidance on everything from flight schedules to baggage handling.
For passengers with mobility or accessibility needs, the airport offers wheelchair assistance and accessible parking spaces. Additionally, the airport has a designated family room for parents traveling with young children, complete with a changing table and comfortable seating.
Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and business center. For those in need of a bite to eat or a last-minute souvenir, the airport has a variety of dining and shopping options available.
Overall, Sault Ste Marie Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Passengers can rest assured that they will receive top-notch assistance and support throughout their time at the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Tim Hortons: Located in the main terminal, this popular Canadian coffee shop offers a range of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks and meals.
2. Sault Ste Marie Airport Bar & Grill: This restaurant serves a variety of classic pub fare, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
3. The North Store: This convenience store offers a range of snacks, drinks, and other items for travelers.
4. Hudson News: This newsstand offers a selection of magazines, newspapers, books, and other items.
5. Duty Free: This shop offers a range of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
6. Sault Ste Marie Airport Gift Shop: This shop offers a range of souvenirs and gifts, as well as travel-related items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Sault Ste Marie Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to pray or meditate during their travels. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is open 24/7 and is accessible to all passengers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and seating for up to 10 people.
2. Christian Chapel: The Christian Chapel is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room. The chapel is open 24/7 and is equipped with a cross, religious texts, and seating for up to 10 people.
3. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and seating for up to 10 people.
4. Meditation Room: The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room. The room is designed for passengers who wish to meditate or practice yoga and is equipped with yoga mats and seating for up to 10 people.
All prayer rooms and worship areas at Sault Ste Marie Airport are open to passengers of all faiths and beliefs. They provide a quiet and peaceful space for passengers to reflect and pray during their travels.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Sault Ste Marie Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The airport’s WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing users to browse the internet, check emails, and stay connected with friends and family while waiting for their flights.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides a comfortable and convenient workspace for travelers who need to get some work done. The airport’s business center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy for passengers to work on their laptops or other devices.
The airport also has a number of seating areas throughout the terminal, including comfortable lounge chairs and tables with power outlets, where passengers can relax and work in a quiet and peaceful environment.
Overall, Sault Ste Marie Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers, making it a great choice for those who need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
- Plaza Premium Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area, 3rd Level, Terminal 1
- Airport Lounge: Located in the International Departures area, 2nd Level, Terminal 2
- Breeze Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area, 1st Level, Terminal 2
Accomodation Options Nearby Sault Ste Marie Airport
1. Best Western Plus Sault Ste. Marie Hotel & Conference Centre: Located just a short drive from the Sault Ste. Marie Airport, this hotel offers a variety of amenities including an indoor pool, fitness centre, and free Wi-Fi.
2. Comfort Inn Sault Ste. Marie: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Sault Ste. Marie Airport and offers complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool.
3. Super 8 by Wyndham Sault Ste. Marie: Located just a few minutes away from the Sault Ste. Marie Airport, this hotel offers free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, and an indoor pool.
4. Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie: This hotel is located just a short drive from the Sault Ste. Marie Airport and offers free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, and an indoor pool.
5. Travelodge by Wyndham Sault Ste. Marie: Located just a few minutes away from the Sault Ste. Marie Airport, this hotel offers free Wi-Fi, complimentary breakfast, and an indoor pool.
1. The Soo Locks: Located just a few miles from the airport, the Soo Locks are a must-see attraction for visitors to Sault Ste Marie. These locks allow ships to pass between Lake Superior and the lower Great Lakes, and visitors can watch the ships as they pass through the locks.
2. Tahquamenon Falls State Park: This beautiful state park is located about an hour’s drive from the airport and features stunning waterfalls, hiking trails, and camping facilities. Visitors can also enjoy fishing, boating, and wildlife viewing in the park.
3. Whitefish Point: Located about 45 minutes from the airport, Whitefish Point is a popular destination for birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts. The area is home to a lighthouse, a maritime museum, and a bird observatory.
4. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore: This stunning national park is located about two hours from the airport and features towering sandstone cliffs, pristine beaches, and crystal-clear water. Visitors can hike, kayak, or take a boat tour to explore the park.
5. Mackinac Island: This historic island is located about two hours from the airport and is known for its charming Victorian architecture, horse-drawn carriages, and fudge shops. Visitors can take a ferry to the island and spend the day exploring its many attractions.
6. Kewadin Casino: Located just a few miles from the airport, Kewadin Casino offers gaming, dining, and entertainment options for visitors. The casino features slot machines, table games, and a variety of restaurants and bars.
7. The Tower of History: This 210-foot tower offers panoramic views of Sault Ste Marie and the surrounding area. Visitors can take an elevator to the top of the tower and enjoy the view from the observation deck.
History of Sault Ste Marie Airport
Sault Ste Marie Airport, also known as the Sault Ste Marie International Airport, is located in Chippewa County, Michigan, USA. The airport has a rich history dating back to the early 1900s when it was first established as a small airfield. In 1929, the airport was officially opened as a commercial airport, and it has since undergone several expansions and upgrades to become the modern airport it is today.
During World War II, the airport played a crucial role in the war effort by serving as a training base for pilots and providing support for military aircraft. In the post-war era, the airport continued to grow, and in the 1960s, a new terminal building was constructed to accommodate the increasing number of passengers.
Today, Sault Ste Marie Airport is a vital transportation hub for the region, serving both commercial and general aviation needs. The airport is home to several airlines, including Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, and American Airlines, and offers daily flights to major cities across the United States. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Sault Ste Marie Airport continues to play an essential role in connecting the people and businesses of the region to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport