Savannah Hilton Head International Airport is a public airport located in Savannah, Georgia, United States. It serves the Savannah metropolitan area and is the second-busiest airport in Georgia. The airport offers a variety of domestic and international flights, making it a convenient travel hub for both business and leisure travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
- Other Airports in Georgia, United States
How to Get to Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport is located in Savannah, Georgia, and is easily accessible by car, taxi, or shuttle. If you are driving, the airport is conveniently located just off of I-95 and I-16. Simply follow the signs for the airport and park in one of the many parking lots available.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that service the airport. You can find them outside of the baggage claim area. The cost of a taxi ride will depend on your location and the time of day, but expect to pay around $30-$40 for a ride to downtown Savannah.
Another option is to take a shuttle. Several shuttle companies offer service to and from the airport, including the Savannah Airport Shuttle and the Hilton Head Island Airport Shuttle. These shuttles are a great option if you are traveling with a group or if you want to save money on transportation.
Overall, getting to Savannah Hilton Head International Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you choose to drive, take a taxi, or use a shuttle, you can rest assured that you will arrive at the airport on time and ready to catch your flight.
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Rental Cars: There are several rental car companies located at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. Travelers can easily rent a car and explore the area at their own pace.
2. Taxis: Taxis are available outside the terminal building, and the fare to downtown Savannah is approximately $28. Taxis are a convenient option for those who prefer not to drive.
3. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are both available at the airport, and travelers can easily request a ride using their smartphone app. The fare to downtown Savannah is approximately $20.
4. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services operate from the airport, including Coastal Regional Coaches and Lowcountry Valet. These services offer shared rides to various destinations in the area.
5. Public Transportation: The Chatham Area Transit (CAT) bus system operates several routes that serve the airport. The fare is $1.50 per ride, and travelers can easily access downtown Savannah and other destinations.
No matter what transportation option you choose, Savannah Hilton Head International Airport makes it easy to get to your destination.
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers several parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Hourly Parking: This parking option is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for short-term parking and is charged at a rate of $2 per hour.
2. Daily Parking: This parking option is located adjacent to the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for a day or two. The daily parking rate is $12 per day.
3. Economy Parking: This parking option is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period. The economy parking rate is $8 per day.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is located in front of the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The valet parking rate is $28 per day.
All parking options at Savannah Hilton Head International Airport are safe, secure, and well-lit. The airport also offers a free shuttle service to transport travelers to and from the parking lots and the terminal building.
Car Rental at Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport has one main terminal building with two concourses, A and B. The terminal is modern and spacious, with plenty of natural light and a variety of amenities for travelers. The airport serves over 2 million passengers annually and is the second busiest airport in Georgia.
Concourse A is primarily used by Delta Air Lines and its partners, while Concourse B is used by other airlines such as American, United, and JetBlue. Both concourses offer a range of dining and shopping options, including local and national brands. There are also several lounges available for travelers, including a Delta Sky Club and a United Club.
The airport has a variety of services and facilities to make travel easier, including free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and baggage storage. There are also several rental car companies located on-site, as well as a shuttle service to nearby hotels. Overall, Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. United Airlines
4. Allegiant Air
5. JetBlue Airways
6. Sun Country Airlines
7. Frontier Airlines
8. Air Canada Rouge
9. Silver Airways
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) oversees the security measures at the airport, which include screening passengers and their belongings before they board their flights.
Passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the metal detectors. They are also required to place their carry-on bags and personal items in bins to be scanned separately. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 3.4 ounces, are confiscated by TSA agents.
In addition to the TSA screening process, the airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport and its surroundings for any suspicious activity. The airport also has security cameras throughout the terminal and parking areas to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. Overall, Savannah Hilton Head International Airport takes security very seriously and strives to provide a safe and secure environment for all who pass through its doors.
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s customer service representatives are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have, including flight information, baggage inquiries, and directions to airport facilities.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, the airport provides a variety of services to ensure their comfort and safety. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also offers a dedicated TSA PreCheck lane for expedited security screening for eligible passengers.
In addition, the airport has a variety of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. These include a variety of dining and shopping options, free Wi-Fi, and charging stations for electronic devices. The airport also has a pet relief area for passengers traveling with pets.
Overall, Savannah Hilton Head International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a seamless and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers. Whether you need help navigating the airport or just want to relax before your flight, the airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are there to assist you every step of the way.
Shops and Restaurants
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– Savannah News: This newsstand offers a wide selection of newspapers, magazines, books, and snacks.
– Savannah Square: This gift shop features souvenirs, apparel, and accessories with a Southern charm.
– Sunglass Hut: Find the perfect pair of sunglasses from top brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and Maui Jim.
– Tech on the Go: Forgot your charger or need a new gadget? This store has a range of electronics and accessories to keep you connected.
– Leopold’s Ice Cream: This iconic Savannah ice cream shop serves up classic flavors like Tutti Frutti and Butter Pecan, as well as seasonal specials.
– Chick-fil-A: Enjoy the famous chicken sandwiches, nuggets, and waffle fries from this popular fast-food chain.
– PGA Tour Grill: This sports-themed restaurant offers a menu of American favorites like burgers, salads, and sandwiches.
– Starbucks: Get your caffeine fix with a variety of coffee drinks, teas, and pastries from this well-known coffee chain.
Whether you’re looking for a last-minute souvenir or a quick bite to eat, Savannah Hilton Head International Airport has plenty of options to choose from.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of these areas:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal, near the Delta Air Lines ticket counter, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. The chapel features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a prayer rug.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal, near the Delta Air Lines ticket counter. The room is equipped with a prayer rug, Quran, and a compass for prayer direction.
3. Meditation Room – The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of the terminal, near the Delta Air Lines ticket counter. The room is designed for quiet reflection and meditation, with comfortable seating and a calming atmosphere.
4. Catholic Mass – The airport offers Catholic Mass every Sunday at 8:30 am in the Interfaith Chapel. The Mass is conducted by a local priest and is open to all passengers and airport employees.
Overall, Savannah Hilton Head International Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the diverse needs of its passengers. These spaces offer a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers to practice their faith or find a moment of quiet reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. The airport also provides several workspace facilities for travelers who need a quiet and comfortable place to work.
The airport’s business center, located on the second floor of the terminal, offers a range of amenities for business travelers, including computers, printers, and fax machines. The center also has a conference room that can be reserved for meetings or presentations.
For travelers who prefer a more private workspace, the airport has several quiet areas with comfortable seating and power outlets. These areas are located throughout the terminal and are perfect for catching up on work or taking a quick break.
In addition, the airport has several restaurants and cafes with seating areas that are perfect for working or relaxing. Many of these establishments offer free WiFi and power outlets, making them ideal for travelers who need to stay connected while on the go.
Overall, Savannah Hilton Head International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable while waiting for your flight.
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers two lounges for travelers to relax in before their flights. Here is a list of the lounges and where they are located:
- The USO USO Lounge – located in the main terminal, on the second floor
- The Atlantic Aviation FBO Executive Lounge – located in the Atlantic Aviation building
Accomodation Options Nearby Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers a range of accommodation options to suit the diverse needs and preferences of its travelers. Whether you’re on a budget or seeking luxury and convenience, there are choices available to ensure a comfortable stay at or near the airport. Let’s explore these options:
1. Airport Lounges: If you’re looking for a comfortable and serene environment to relax or work, several airlines and independent lounges offer exclusive access. Enjoy complimentary food and beverages, Wi-Fi, comfortable seating, and various amenities before or after your flight. Prices vary depending on the lounge and access options.
2. On-Site Hotels: The airport is home to several on-site hotels, providing the utmost convenience to travelers. These hotels often feature soundproof rooms, modern amenities, and complimentary shuttles to and from the airport terminals. They are perfect for those with early flights or layovers. Options include the DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Airport and the Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport.
3. Off-Site Hotels: A multitude of hotels surround the airport, catering to different budgets and preferences. These hotels, located just a short distance away, offer competitive rates and convenient shuttle services. Some popular choices include Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, and Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Savannah/Airport.
4. Budget Motels: If you’re seeking more affordable lodging options, you can find budget motels near the airport. These accommodations offer basic amenities at lower rates. Motels like Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Airport and Travelodge by Wyndham Savannah Airport provide comfortable stays at economical prices.
5. Vacation Rentals: For those preferring a more homely experience, vacation rentals in nearby areas can be an excellent option. Platforms like Airbnb and VRBO offer diverse accommodation choices including apartments, houses, and condos in Savannah or Hilton Head, a short drive from the airport. Prices vary based on size, location, and amenities offered.
6. Luxury Resorts and Hotels: If you’re looking for a truly luxurious and indulgent stay, Savannah and Hilton Head Island boast numerous high-end resorts and hotels. These establishments offer world-class amenities such as spas, fine dining, oceanfront views, and exceptional service. Popular luxury options include The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, The Perry Lane Hotel, and The Inn at Palmetto Bluff.
In conclusion, Savannah Hilton Head International Airport offers a range of accommodation options suiting every budget and preference. From the convenience of on-site hotels to nearby off-site hotels, budget motels, vacation rentals, and luxurious resorts, there is something for everyone. Choose the option that aligns with your needs to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
1. Forsyth Park: Located just a short drive from Savannah Hilton Head International Airport, Forsyth Park is a must-visit attraction for nature lovers and history enthusiasts. This sprawling park is famous for its iconic fountain, beautiful walking trails, and historical monuments.
2. Tybee Island: Situated approximately 30 minutes from the airport, Tybee Island offers stunning beaches, charming shops, and delicious seafood restaurants. Visitors can relax on the sandy shores, explore the picturesque lighthouse, or enjoy water activities like kayaking and paddleboarding.
3. Historic Savannah: Just a quick drive from the airport, Historic Savannah is a treasure trove of well-preserved colonial architecture, cobblestone streets, and lush squares. Visitors can take a guided tour or stroll through the city to admire the beautiful Southern charm, visit historic sites, and indulge in the local culinary scene.
4. Telfair Museums: Art enthusiasts can appreciate the Telfair Museums, which consist of three unique and captivating museums. The Telfair Academy, Owens-Thomas House, and the Jepson Center showcase a diverse collection of artwork, from classic European paintings to contemporary and modern installations.
5. Savannah Historic District: A visit to Savannah would be incomplete without exploring the Historic District, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Steeped in history, this well-preserved area showcases historic homes, quaint boutiques, and Savannah’s iconic architecture.
6. Bonaventure Cemetery: Located near the airport, Bonaventure Cemetery is known for its hauntingly beautiful scenery and is often featured in literature and films. Visitors can take a stroll through the serene grounds adorned with striking statues and moss-covered trees.
7. Savannah National Wildlife Refuge: Nature lovers can take a short drive to Savannah National Wildlife Refuge. Spanning over 30,000 acres, this refuge offers opportunities for birdwatching, hiking, and wildlife photography. Visitors can spot alligators, deer, herons, and many other fascinating creatures.
8. Savannah Riverboat Cruises: Nearby River Street in downtown Savannah is where visitors can hop aboard a charming riverboat for a leisurely cruise along the Savannah River. These cruises provide breathtaking views of the city’s skyline and offer dinner, entertainment, and historical commentary.
9. Hilton Head Island: Just across the state line in South Carolina, Hilton Head Island is a popular beach destination. Visitors can enjoy pristine beaches, world-class golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities like kayaking, biking, and dolphin watching.
10. Old Town Bluffton: Located a short drive from the airport, Old Town Bluffton boasts a charming small-town atmosphere with quaint shops, art galleries, and the picturesque May River. Visitors can explore the historic district filled with antebellum homes or indulge in Southern cuisine at one of the numerous local restaurants.
History of Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
Savannah Hilton Head International Airport is a public airport located in Savannah, Georgia, United States. The airport was originally built in 1934 as a municipal airport and was known as Travis Field. During World War II, the airport was used as a military airfield by the United States Army Air Forces. After the war, the airport was returned to civilian use and was renamed Savannah Municipal Airport.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major expansion and was renamed Savannah International Airport. The expansion included the construction of a new terminal building, runway extensions, and the addition of new airlines. In 1983, the airport was renamed again to Savannah International Airport at Travis Field in honor of Brigadier General Robert F. Travis, a Savannah native who was killed in a plane crash in 1950.
In 2003, the airport was renamed Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport to reflect its role as a gateway to both Savannah and nearby Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Today, the airport serves over 2 million passengers annually and offers nonstop flights to over 30 destinations across the United States and Canada. The airport is also home to the 165th Airlift Wing of the Georgia Air National Guard.
Other Airports in Georgia, United States
- Athens Ben Epps Airport
- Augusta Regional At Bush Field
- Brunswick Golden Isles Airport
- Cobb County International Airport-McCollum Field
- Columbus Metropolitan Airport
- Daniel Field
- DeKalb Peachtree Airport
- Dobbins Air Reserve Base
- Fulton County Airport Brown Field
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Hunter Army Air Field
- Jim’s Private Airport
- Lawson Army Air Field (Fort Benning)
- Middle Georgia Regional Airport
- Moody Air Force Base
- Richard B Russell Airport
- Robins Air Force Base
- Savannah Hilton Head International Airport
- Southwest Georgia Regional Airport
- St Simons Island Airport
- Valdosta Regional Airport