Sendai Airport is a modern and efficient airport located in the city of Sendai, Japan. It serves as a gateway to the Tohoku region and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights. The airport is known for its excellent facilities and services, making it a popular choice for travelers visiting the area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Sendai Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Sendai Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Sendai Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Sendai Airport
- Other Airports in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan
How to Get to Sendai Airport
Sendai Airport is located in Natori City, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. There are several ways to get to Sendai Airport, including by train, bus, taxi, and car.
If you are coming from Sendai Station, the easiest way to get to Sendai Airport is by train. Take the Sendai Airport Access Line from Sendai Station to Sendai Airport Station. The journey takes approximately 17 minutes and costs 650 yen.
Alternatively, you can take the Sendai Airport Access Bus from Sendai Station. The bus departs from the West Exit of Sendai Station and takes approximately 25 minutes to reach Sendai Airport. The fare is 1,000 yen.
If you prefer to take a taxi, it will take approximately 30 minutes from Sendai Station to Sendai Airport, depending on traffic. The fare is around 5,000 yen.
Finally, if you are driving, take the Sendai Tobu Road and exit at the Sendai Airport Interchange. The journey takes approximately 25 minutes from Sendai Station and there is parking available at the airport.
Overall, there are several convenient options for getting to Sendai Airport, so choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Sendai Airport is located in Natori, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. It is the largest airport in the Tohoku region and serves as a gateway to the region’s major cities such as Sendai, Fukushima, and Yamagata. There are several transportation options available for travelers to get to and from Sendai Airport.
1. Train: Sendai Airport Access Line is the most convenient and fastest way to get to Sendai Station. The train runs every 10-20 minutes and takes about 25 minutes to reach Sendai Station. From there, travelers can transfer to other trains or buses to reach their final destination.
2. Bus: There are several bus services available from Sendai Airport to various destinations in the region. The Sendai Airport Shuttle Bus is a convenient option for travelers who want to go directly to Sendai Station or other major hotels in the city. Other bus services include the Tohoku Express Bus, which connects Sendai Airport to other cities in the Tohoku region.
3. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport’s taxi stand, located outside the terminal building. The ride to Sendai Station takes about 30 minutes and costs around 6,000 yen. Taxis are a good option for travelers who have a lot of luggage or who want to go directly to their destination without any transfers.
4. Rental Car: Several car rental companies have offices at Sendai Airport, including Nippon Rent-A-Car, Toyota Rent-A-Lease, and Budget Rent-A-Car. Renting a car is a good option for travelers who want to explore the region on their own schedule.
Overall, Sendai Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you prefer to take the train, bus, taxi, or rental car, getting to and from the airport is easy and convenient.
Sendai Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Multi-Story Car Park: This is the main parking area located directly in front of the terminal building. It has a total of 1,500 parking spaces and is open 24 hours a day. The parking rates vary depending on the length of stay.
2. Outdoor Car Park: This parking area is located next to the Multi-Story Car Park and has a total of 1,000 parking spaces. It is also open 24 hours a day and offers lower rates than the Multi-Story Car Park.
3. Long-Term Car Park: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park their car for an extended period. It has a total of 500 parking spaces and offers discounted rates for longer stays.
4. Disabled Parking: There are designated parking spaces for disabled travelers located in both the Multi-Story Car Park and the Outdoor Car Park. These spaces are located close to the terminal building for easy access.
5. Drop-Off and Pick-Up Area: This area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is designated for quick drop-offs and pick-ups. Parking is not allowed in this area, and vehicles must be attended at all times.
Overall, Sendai Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, there is a parking area available for you.
Car Rental at Sendai Airport
- Times Car Rental
- Nippon Rent-A-Car
- Toyota Rent-A-Car
- ORIX Rent-A-Car
- Times Car Plus
- Nissan Rent-A-Car
- Ace Rent-A-Car
Sendai Airport is a modern and efficient airport located in the city of Natori, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a free shuttle bus service. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles both domestic and international flights, while Terminal 2 is used exclusively for domestic flights.
Terminal 1 is a spacious and modern facility that offers a range of amenities and services for travelers. The terminal has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as duty-free stores for international travelers. There are also several lounges available for passengers who want to relax or work before their flight. The terminal is equipped with free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and baggage storage facilities.
Terminal 2 is a smaller facility that is primarily used by low-cost carriers and domestic airlines. The terminal has a limited range of amenities and services, but still offers a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. There are a few shops and restaurants available, as well as free Wi-Fi and charging stations. Overall, Sendai Airport’s terminals provide a pleasant and efficient experience for travelers, with modern facilities and a range of amenities to make their journey as comfortable as possible.
1. All Nippon Airways (ANA)
2. Japan Airlines (JAL)
3. Delta Air Lines
4. AirAsia Japan
5. Peach Aviation
6. Jetstar Japan
7. Spring Airlines Japan
8. China Eastern Airlines
9. Korean Air
10. Asiana Airlines
11. Thai Airways
12. Philippine Airlines
13. Air Busan
14. Hong Kong Express Airways
15. EVA Air
16. Cathay Pacific Airways
17. China Airlines
18. Air Seoul
19. Vietnam Airlines
20. Jeju Air
22. Tigerair Taiwan
23. Juneyao Airlines
24. Sichuan Airlines
25. Xiamen Airlines
26. Air China
27. Hainan Airlines
28. Tianjin Airlines
29. Shenzhen Airlines
30. Beijing Capital Airlines.
Sendai Airport is one of the busiest airports in Japan, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats and ensure that all passengers and their belongings are screened thoroughly before boarding their flights.
The security protocols at Sendai Airport include a combination of physical and technological measures. Passengers are required to go through metal detectors and have their bags scanned through X-ray machines. In addition, security personnel conduct random checks on passengers and their belongings to ensure that no prohibited items are being carried on board.
The airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and identifying any suspicious behavior. They work closely with law enforcement agencies to ensure that any potential threats are dealt with swiftly and effectively.
Overall, the security protocols at Sendai Airport are designed to provide passengers with a safe and secure travel experience. The airport takes security very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all passengers can travel with peace of mind.
Sendai Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. These services are designed to cater to the needs of travelers with disabilities, elderly passengers, families with young children, and those who require special assistance.
One of the key services offered by Sendai Airport is wheelchair assistance. Passengers who require wheelchair assistance can request it at the time of booking or at the airport. The airport staff will provide a wheelchair and assist the passenger with boarding and disembarking from the aircraft.
For families with young children, Sendai Airport offers baby strollers and baby changing facilities. These facilities are located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all passengers. Additionally, the airport has a dedicated play area for children, which is equipped with toys and games to keep them entertained.
For passengers with hearing or visual impairments, Sendai Airport provides special assistance. The airport staff is trained to communicate with passengers using sign language and braille. The airport also has special signage and announcements to assist passengers with visual impairments.
Overall, Sendai Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel easier and more comfortable for all passengers. The airport staff is friendly, helpful, and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that passengers have a pleasant travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Sendai Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here are some of the top shops and restaurants that you can find at Sendai Airport:
1. Akiu Craft Market: This shop offers a variety of traditional Japanese crafts, including pottery, textiles, and woodwork.
2. Sendai Airport Duty-Free Shop: This shop offers a wide range of duty-free products, including cosmetics, perfumes, and alcohol.
3. Sendai Airport Souvenir Shop: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, including local snacks, sweets, and gifts.
4. Sendai Airport Bookstore: This shop offers a wide range of books, magazines, and newspapers in both Japanese and English.
5. Sendai Airport Convenience Store: This shop offers a variety of snacks, drinks, and other convenience items.
1. Sushiro: This restaurant offers a variety of sushi dishes, including nigiri, maki, and sashimi.
2. TsuruTonTan: This restaurant offers a variety of udon noodle dishes, including hot and cold options.
3. Starbucks: This coffee shop offers a variety of coffee drinks, as well as snacks and sandwiches.
4. Yoshinoya: This restaurant offers a variety of Japanese rice bowl dishes, including beef, chicken, and pork options.
5. Mos Burger: This fast-food restaurant offers a variety of burgers, fries, and other fast-food items.
Overall, Sendai Airport offers a great selection of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Sendai Airport, also known as Sendai International Airport, is a major airport in Japan that serves the city of Sendai and the surrounding areas. The airport is equipped with several prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of passengers who require a quiet space for prayer or meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Sendai Airport:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim prayer room is located on the 2nd floor of the International Terminal Building, near the boarding gate for international flights. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and a washing area for ablution.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian chapel is located on the 2nd floor of the Domestic Terminal Building, near the boarding gate for domestic flights. The chapel is open to all passengers and visitors and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
3. Buddhist Altar – The Buddhist altar is located on the 2nd floor of the Domestic Terminal Building, near the boarding gate for domestic flights. The altar is open to all passengers and visitors and provides a space for Buddhist worship and meditation.
4. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – The multi-faith prayer room is located on the 2nd floor of the International Terminal Building, near the boarding gate for international flights. The prayer room is open to all passengers and visitors and provides a space for prayer and meditation for people of all faiths.
Overall, Sendai Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the diverse needs of its passengers. These facilities are well-maintained and easily accessible, ensuring that passengers can find a quiet space for prayer or meditation before their flight.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Sendai Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Here are some of the key features:
1. Free WiFi: Passengers can enjoy free WiFi throughout the airport, allowing them to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services.
2. Charging stations: There are numerous charging stations located throughout the airport, providing passengers with a convenient way to charge their electronic devices.
3. Business lounge: The airport has a business lounge that offers a comfortable and quiet space for passengers to work or relax. The lounge is equipped with free WiFi, power outlets, and comfortable seating.
4. Meeting rooms: For those who need to hold a meeting or conference, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 20 people.
5. Workstations: The airport also has several workstations located throughout the terminal, providing passengers with a quiet and private space to work. These workstations are equipped with power outlets and free WiFi.
Overall, Sendai Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
Sendai Airport offers several lounges for travelers to relax and unwind. Here is a list of them and where they are located:
- Sendai International Airport Business Lounge (Domestic Flights), Domestic Departure Lobby, 3rd Floor
- Sendai International Airport Business Lounge (International Flights), International Departure Lobby, 3rd Floor
- ANA Lounge, Domestic Departure Lobby, 3rd Floor
- JAL Sakura Lounge, Domestic Departure Lobby, 3rd Floor
- Sky Lounge Sendai, Domestic Departure Lobby, 4th Floor
Accomodation Options Nearby Sendai Airport
At Sendai Airport, travelers can choose from a range of accommodation options that cater to diverse budgets and preferences. Whether you’re seeking an affordable stay or a luxurious experience, the airport area has something for everyone.
1. Budget-friendly Options:
– Capsule Hotels: For those on a tight budget, capsule hotels offer compact yet cozy accommodations. These small sleeping pods are equipped with basic amenities, making them an ideal choice for a short stay.
– Hostels: Travelers looking for a communal atmosphere and affordability can consider staying at hostels near the airport. These provide shared dormitories or private rooms, often with access to common areas and amenities.
2. Mid-range Options:
– Business Hotels: With comfortable rooms and essential facilities, business hotels are popular among business travelers and tourists alike. These hotels offer well-appointed rooms, complimentary Wi-Fi, and on-site dining options.
– Economy Hotels: Positioned as affordable yet comfortable choices, economy hotels provide clean and practical rooms along with amenities like free Wi-Fi, parking, and breakfast options.
3. High-end Options:
– Full-service Hotels: Upscale hotels near Sendai Airport pamper guests with luxurious amenities, stylish decor, and attentive service. Many such establishments boast spacious rooms, fitness centers, restaurants, and even spa facilities, ensuring a first-class experience.
– Ryokans: For a taste of authentic Japanese culture, ryokans offer an exquisite and traditional lodging experience. Guests can unwind in Japanese-style rooms, soak in rejuvenating hot spring baths, and indulge in exquisite multi-course meals.
It’s important to note that while these accommodation options are located nearby Sendai Airport, some may require a short taxi or shuttle ride for easy accessibility. Visitors can select a suitable choice based on their preferences, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay near the airport.
1. Matsushima Bay: Just a short drive from Sendai Airport, Matsushima Bay is renowned for its mesmerizing beauty. With picturesque views of countless small islands scattered across the bay, it is considered one of Japan’s three most scenic spots.
2. Zuihoden Mausoleum: Located in Sendai, the Zuihoden Mausoleum is the final resting place of Date Masamune, a prominent samurai lord. The elaborate architecture and tranquil setting make it a must-visit for history enthusiasts.
3. Osaki Hachimangu Shrine: This historic and culturally significant Shinto shrine is located in Sendai. With its magnificent entrance gate, beautiful gardens, and scenic surroundings, the shrine offers visitors a unique glimpse into Japan’s spiritual heritage.
4. Akiu Onsen: Around 20 kilometers from Sendai Airport, Akiu Onsen is a popular hot spring resort. Visitors can relax in traditional Japanese-style inns, indulge in soothing baths, and marvel at the spectacular beauty of the surrounding nature.
5. Sendai Castle Ruins: The Sendai Castle Ruins, also known as Aoba Castle, offer visitors a chance to explore the remnants of a 17th-century fortress. With panoramic views of Sendai city and informative exhibits, it provides a great insight into the region’s history.
6. Rinnoji Temple: Situated close to Sendai Airport, Rinnoji Temple is known for its ornate architecture and stunning Buddhist artwork. Visitors can admire historically significant statues, beautiful gardens, and experience a serene atmosphere.
7. Nikka Whisky Miyagikyo Distillery: Whisky enthusiasts will appreciate a visit to this distillery located in Sendai’s outskirts. Here, they can take guided tours, sample premium whiskies, and learn about the intricate process of whisky production.
8. Yagiyama Zoological Park: Families with children will enjoy a visit to this zoo situated on the outskirts of Sendai. Featuring a wide range of animals from around the world, the zoo provides educational and interactive experiences for all ages.
9. Sendai City Museum: This museum showcases the cultural and historical heritage of Sendai and its surrounding regions. With a vast collection of artifacts, exhibits, and interactive displays, it offers visitors a fascinating journey through time.
10. Sakunami Onsen: Located approximately 30 kilometers northeast of Sendai Airport, Sakunami Onsen is another hot spring resort known for its therapeutic waters. Visitors can soak in the revitalizing baths while surrounded by serene nature, making it a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
History of Sendai Airport
Sendai Airport, also known as Sendai International Airport, is located in Natori, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. The airport was first opened in 1964 as a small regional airport, serving only domestic flights. However, with the increasing demand for air travel, the airport underwent several expansions and renovations over the years to accommodate more passengers and airlines.
In 1990, Sendai Airport was designated as an international airport, and the first international flight was operated by Korean Air in 1994. Since then, the airport has been serving both domestic and international flights, connecting Sendai to major cities in Japan and other countries.
In 2011, Sendai Airport was severely damaged by the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami. The airport was closed for several months for repairs and renovations, and a new terminal building was constructed to replace the damaged one. The new terminal building, which opened in 2016, features modern facilities and amenities, including a rooftop observation deck, restaurants, and shops.
Today, Sendai Airport is a vital transportation hub for the Tohoku region of Japan, serving millions of passengers every year. The airport continues to play an important role in promoting tourism and economic development in the region, and it is expected to further expand and improve its services in the future.
Other Airports in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan