Sept-Iles Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Côte-Nord region and provides scheduled passenger and cargo services to various destinations across Canada.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Sept-Iles Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Sept-Iles Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Sept-Iles Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Sept-Iles Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Sept-Iles Airport
Sept-Iles Airport is located in the city of Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada. The airport is easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transportation. If you are driving, take Route 138 and follow the signs to the airport. The airport is located about 10 kilometers from the city center and the drive takes approximately 15 minutes.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Sept-Iles that can take you to the airport. You can also use a ride-sharing service like Uber or Lyft. The cost of a taxi or ride-sharing service will depend on your location and the time of day.
If you are taking public transportation, there are several bus routes that stop at the airport. The bus schedules and routes vary depending on the day of the week and time of day, so be sure to check the schedule before you go. The bus is a convenient and affordable option for getting to the airport, especially if you are traveling light.
In summary, getting to Sept-Iles Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you are driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation, there are several options available to you. Just be sure to plan ahead and check the schedules and routes to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey.
Sept-Iles Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a variety of transportation options for travelers arriving or departing from the airport. Here are some of the transportation options available at Sept-Iles Airport:
1. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at Sept-Iles Airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Travelers can rent a car to explore the city and surrounding areas at their own pace.
2. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. The ride to downtown Sept-Iles takes about 15 minutes and costs around $25 CAD.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels in Sept-Iles offer shuttle service to and from the airport for their guests. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
4. Public Transportation: The Société de transport de Sept-Îles (STSÎ) operates a bus service that connects the airport to various locations in the city. The bus stop is located outside the airport terminal.
5. Private Car Service: Several private car services operate in Sept-Iles and can be booked in advance to pick you up from the airport.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Sept-Iles Airport offers convenient and affordable ways to get to your destination.
Sept-Iles Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the airport terminal. It is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The rates are affordable and the lot is monitored by security cameras.
2. Long-term parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the airport terminal. It is ideal for those who need to park for several days or longer. The rates are reasonable and the lot is monitored by security cameras.
3. Valet parking: This service is available for those who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The valet service is located in front of the airport terminal and is available for both short-term and long-term parking.
4. Disabled parking: There are designated parking spaces for disabled travelers located in both the short-term and long-term parking lots. These spaces are located close to the airport terminal for easy access.
Overall, Sept-Iles Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, valet service, or disabled parking, there is a parking option available for you.
Car Rental at Sept-Iles Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- E-Z Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Sept-Iles Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is located on the east side of the airport and is used by Air Canada and PAL Airlines. The international terminal is located on the west side of the airport and is used by Air Inuit and Pascan Aviation.
The domestic terminal at Sept-Iles Airport is a small, modern building with a capacity of 200 passengers. It has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating, a small café, and a gift shop. The terminal is equipped with free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and public telephones. There are also restrooms and baby changing facilities available for passengers.
The international terminal at Sept-Iles Airport is a slightly larger building with a capacity of 300 passengers. It has a similar layout to the domestic terminal, with a waiting area, café, and gift shop. The terminal is also equipped with free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and public telephones. There are restrooms and baby changing facilities available for passengers, as well as a duty-free shop for international travelers. Overall, both terminals at Sept-Iles Airport provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers traveling to and from the region.
- Air Canada
- Air Inuit
- Exploits Valley Air Services
- Pascan Aviation
- Provincial Airlines
Sept-Iles Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers, employees, and visitors. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure that all individuals who enter the airport are screened and monitored for any potential threats.
All passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on luggage scanned. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, are not allowed through security and will be confiscated.
In addition to the standard security measures, Sept-Iles Airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport and its surroundings. They are responsible for identifying any suspicious behavior or activity and taking appropriate action to ensure the safety of everyone at the airport.
Overall, Sept-Iles Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and employees. By implementing strict security protocols and having a dedicated security team, the airport is able to maintain a high level of safety and security for all who pass through its doors.
Sept-Iles Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport provides assistance to passengers with reduced mobility, including wheelchair assistance and escort services. Passengers can request these services in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
Sept-Iles Airport also offers a meet and greet service for passengers who require assistance navigating the airport. This service includes a personal escort who will assist with check-in, security screening, and boarding. Passengers can request this service in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
For travelers with young children, the airport provides baby changing facilities and a play area to keep children entertained before their flight. Additionally, the airport has a variety of dining and shopping options for passengers to enjoy while waiting for their flight.
Overall, Sept-Iles Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible for all passengers. Whether you require assistance with mobility or have young children in tow, the airport’s friendly staff are on hand to provide the necessary support.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Café Express: This cozy café offers a variety of freshly-brewed coffee, tea, and other hot beverages, as well as a selection of pastries and snacks.
2. Bistro du Quai: This restaurant serves up delicious French-inspired cuisine, with a focus on local seafood.
3. La Boutique du Voyageur: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs and travel-related items, including clothing, books, and gifts.
4. La Boutique du Chocolat: This shop specializes in handmade chocolates and other confections, perfect for a sweet treat.
5. La Boutique du Vin: This store offers a selection of fine wines from around the world, as well as local Quebec wines.
6. La Boutique du Sport: This shop offers a variety of sporting goods, including apparel, footwear, and equipment.
7. La Boutique du Voyage: This store offers a variety of travel-related items, such as luggage, maps, and guidebooks.
8. La Boutique du Cadeau: This shop offers a selection of unique gifts and souvenirs, perfect for any occasion.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Sept-Iles Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Sept-Iles Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer and reflection.
2. Catholic Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This chapel is dedicated to the Catholic faith and provides a space for Mass and other Catholic services.
3. Protestant Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This chapel is dedicated to the Protestant faith and provides a space for worship and prayer.
4. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is dedicated to the Muslim faith and provides a space for prayer and reflection.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open to passengers and visitors of the airport, and are accessible during airport operating hours. They are maintained and kept clean by the airport staff, and are designed to provide a peaceful and comfortable environment for people to practice their faith or seek a moment of quiet reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Sept-Iles Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the airport terminal, allowing travelers to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides workspace facilities for those who need to work or study while waiting for their flights. The airport’s business center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy for travelers to set up their laptops and get some work done.
The airport also has a quiet lounge area where passengers can relax and work in a peaceful environment. The lounge is equipped with comfortable seating, tables, and power outlets, making it a great place to catch up on work or study.
Overall, Sept-Iles Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Whether you need to work on a project or just want to browse the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and get things done.
- Le Salon Aéroport de Sept-Îles: Located in the departure lounge at Sept-Îles Airport.
- Les Salons Air Canada: Located in the departure lounge at Sept-Îles Airport.
- Le Salon VIP: Located in the departure lounge at Sept-Îles Airport.
- Les Salons Club des Français: Located in the departure lounge at Sept-Îles Airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Sept-Iles Airport
1. Hotel Le Voyageur: Located just a few minutes away from Sept-Iles Airport, Hotel Le Voyageur offers comfortable and affordable accommodation with a variety of room types to choose from.
2. Auberge de la Pointe: Auberge de la Pointe is a charming inn located near the airport, offering a range of amenities including a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi.
3. Motel Sept-Iles: Motel Sept-Iles is a budget-friendly motel located close to the airport, offering basic amenities and comfortable rooms.
4. Gîte du Parc: Gîte du Parc is a cozy bed and breakfast located near the airport, offering a variety of room types and a delicious breakfast.
5. Camping Sept-Iles: Camping Sept-Iles is a campsite located near the airport, offering a range of camping and RV sites.
Sept-Iles Airport is located in the heart of the Côte-Nord region of Quebec, Canada. This area is known for its stunning natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. There are many attractions near the airport that visitors can explore during their stay. Here are some of the top attractions:
1. Parc des Pionniers: This park is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, and picnicking. There are also several playgrounds and sports fields for children and adults to enjoy.
2. Musee Regional de la Cote-Nord: This museum showcases the history and culture of the Côte-Nord region. Visitors can learn about the area’s Indigenous peoples, early settlers, and the natural resources that have shaped the region.
3. Les Jardins de Quatre-Vents: This botanical garden is located about 30 minutes from the airport and is a must-see for nature lovers. The garden features over 30 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, including a Japanese garden, a rose garden, and a vegetable garden.
4. Sept-Iles Marina: This marina is located on the shores of the St. Lawrence River and is a popular spot for boating and fishing. Visitors can rent boats or take a guided tour of the area.
5. Manicouagan-Uapishka World Biosphere Reserve: This UNESCO-designated biosphere reserve is located about an hour from the airport and is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. Visitors can hike, bike, or take a guided tour to explore the area’s natural beauty.
6. Les Escoumins Whale Watching: This whale watching tour is located about 2 hours from the airport and offers visitors the chance to see humpback, minke, and fin whales in their natural habitat.
7. Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve: This park reserve is located about 3 hours from the airport and is home to a stunning collection of limestone islands and sea stacks. Visitors can hike, kayak, or take a boat tour to explore the area’s unique geology and wildlife.
Overall, there are many attractions near Sept-Iles Airport that offer visitors the chance to explore the natural beauty and cultural heritage of the Côte-Nord region. Whether you’re interested in outdoor activities, history, or wildlife, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
History of Sept-Iles Airport
Sept-Iles Airport, also known as the Sept-Iles Pointe-Lebel Airport, is a regional airport located in the city of Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada. The airport was first established in 1941 as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and began serving the local community and surrounding areas.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and services. In 1965, a new terminal building was constructed to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1999, the airport underwent a major expansion project that included the construction of a new runway, taxiway, and apron.
Today, Sept-Iles Airport is a modern and efficient airport that serves as a vital transportation hub for the region. The airport is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and offers a range of services to passengers, including car rental, parking, and dining options. It also serves as a base for several airlines, including Air Canada, Pascan Aviation, and Air Creebec, which provide regular flights to destinations across Quebec and beyond. Overall, Sept-Iles Airport has a rich history and continues to play an important role in the transportation infrastructure of the region.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport