The Seychelles International Airport is the main gateway to the beautiful island nation of Seychelles. Located on the island of Mahé, the airport serves as a hub for both domestic and international flights, connecting visitors to the stunning beaches, lush forests, and vibrant culture of the Seychelles.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Seychelles International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Seychelles International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Seychelles International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Seychelles International Airport
- Other Airports in Pointe La Rue, Seychelles
How to Get to Seychelles International Airport
Seychelles International Airport is located on the island of Mahé, which is the largest island in the Seychelles archipelago. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and mode of transportation.
If you are staying on Mahé, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi or private car. Taxis are readily available throughout the island and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. Private car hire is also available, with several companies offering airport transfers and rental cars.
If you are coming from another island in the Seychelles, you can take a domestic flight to Mahé and then transfer to the international terminal at the airport. There are several airlines that operate domestic flights within the Seychelles, including Air Seychelles and Zil Air.
If you are coming from outside the Seychelles, you will need to take an international flight to Seychelles International Airport. The airport is served by several major airlines, including Emirates, Etihad Airways, and Qatar Airways, as well as several regional carriers. Once you arrive at the airport, you can take a taxi or private car to your final destination on Mahé or another island in the Seychelles.
Seychelles International Airport, located on the island of Mahé, is the main gateway for visitors to the Seychelles. There are several transportation options available to travelers arriving at the airport:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient way to get to your destination. Fares are regulated by the Seychelles Land Transport Agency and are based on distance traveled.
2. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, offering a range of vehicles from economy to luxury. Renting a car gives you the flexibility to explore the island at your own pace.
3. Public Bus: The Seychelles Public Transport Corporation operates a bus service that connects the airport to various destinations on the island. The buses are inexpensive and a good option for budget-conscious travelers.
4. Private Transfers: Many hotels and resorts offer private transfer services to and from the airport. These can be arranged in advance and provide a hassle-free way to get to your accommodation.
5. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services operate between the airport and popular tourist destinations on the island. These services are often shared with other passengers and can be a cost-effective way to travel.
No matter which transportation option you choose, be sure to confirm the fare or price before starting your journey. With a variety of options available, getting to and from Seychelles International Airport is easy and convenient.
Seychelles International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. Premium parking: This parking lot is located closest to the terminal building and offers the most convenient parking option. The rates for premium parking are charged hourly.
4. Valet parking: This parking option is available for those who want the ultimate convenience. A valet attendant will park your car for you and bring it back to you when you return. The valet parking area is located in front of the terminal building.
All of the parking options at Seychelles International Airport are secure and well-lit, ensuring the safety of your vehicle while you are away. Additionally, there are shuttle buses available to transport passengers from the long-term parking lot to the terminal building.
Car Rental at Seychelles International Airport
- National Car Rental
Seychelles International Airport is the main airport serving the island nation of Seychelles. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles all international flights, while Terminal 2 is used for domestic flights.
Terminal 1 is a modern and spacious terminal that offers a range of facilities and services for passengers. The terminal has a duty-free shopping area, restaurants, cafes, and bars, as well as a VIP lounge for premium passengers. There are also currency exchange services, ATMs, and a post office for those who need to send mail.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that is used for domestic flights within Seychelles. The terminal has a few shops and cafes, as well as a lounge area for passengers waiting for their flights. There are also car rental services available at the terminal for those who want to explore the island.
Overall, Seychelles International Airport offers a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. Both terminals are well-equipped with facilities and services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey.
1. Air Seychelles
3. Etihad Airways
4. Qatar Airways
5. Turkish Airlines
6. Kenya Airways
7. Ethiopian Airlines
9. British Airways
10. Air France
11. Edelweiss Air
12. Austrian Airlines
13. SriLankan Airlines
14. South African Airways
15. Air Austral
16. Air Mauritius
18. Swiss International Air Lines
Seychelles International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a range of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols include strict screening procedures for passengers and their luggage, as well as the use of advanced technology to detect any potential threats.
Passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before entering the departure lounge. This checkpoint includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and body scanners. All carry-on luggage is also screened to ensure that no prohibited items are brought on board the aircraft. Any items that are deemed to be a security risk are confiscated.
In addition to these measures, Seychelles International Airport also employs a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any potential threats. These personnel are equipped with the latest technology and are trained to identify and respond to any security risks quickly and effectively.
Overall, Seychelles International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport’s security protocols are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain effective in the face of evolving security threats.
Seychelles International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. These services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those with disabilities, families with young children, and elderly passengers.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at Seychelles International Airport is the Meet and Assist service. This service provides passengers with a personal assistant who will guide them through the airport, assist with check-in, security clearance, and immigration procedures, and help with baggage collection. This service is particularly useful for first-time travelers or those who are unfamiliar with the airport.
For passengers with disabilities, Seychelles International Airport offers a range of facilities and services to ensure their comfort and safety. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible toilets, and designated parking spaces. The airport also has trained staff who can provide assistance to passengers with visual or hearing impairments.
Families with young children can also benefit from the traveler’s assistance services offered at Seychelles International Airport. The airport has a dedicated children’s play area, baby changing facilities, and strollers available for use. Additionally, the airport staff can provide assistance with boarding and disembarking, as well as help with carrying luggage and other items.
Overall, Seychelles International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible for all passengers. Whether you are a first-time traveler, a person with disabilities, or a family with young children, the airport’s staff is dedicated to providing the assistance you need to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Seychelles International Airport is a modern and well-equipped airport that offers a range of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the top options:
1. Duty-Free Shops: The airport has several duty-free shops that offer a wide range of products, including perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, tobacco, and souvenirs. These shops are perfect for travelers who want to buy gifts or souvenirs for their loved ones.
2. Seychelles Trading Company: This shop offers a range of local products, including spices, teas, and other food items. It is a great place to buy authentic Seychellois products.
3. Island Style: This shop offers a range of clothing and accessories that are perfect for travelers who want to take home a piece of Seychelles fashion.
4. Café Paradis: This café offers a range of snacks, sandwiches, and drinks. It is a great place to grab a quick bite before your flight.
5. La Terasse: This restaurant offers a range of local and international cuisine. It is a great place to sit down and enjoy a meal before your flight.
6. The Reef: This restaurant offers a range of seafood dishes that are made with fresh, local ingredients. It is a great place to try some of the local cuisine.
7. The Sky Bar: This bar offers a range of drinks and cocktails. It is a great place to relax and enjoy a drink before your flight.
Overall, Seychelles International Airport offers a range of shops and restaurants that cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a full meal, you are sure to find something that suits your taste.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Seychelles International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Islamic Prayer Room – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Christian Chapel – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The chapel is open to all denominations and offers a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
3. Hindu Prayer Room – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The prayer room is equipped with idols of Hindu deities, prayer mats, and a puja thali.
4. Buddhist Meditation Room – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. The meditation room is a quiet space for passengers and visitors to practice mindfulness and meditation.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24 hours a day and are free to use. They are maintained by the airport authority and are kept clean and well-maintained. Passengers and visitors are encouraged to use these facilities and respect the religious practices of others.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Seychelles International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers a number of comfortable seating areas with power outlets and USB ports. These areas are equipped with tables and chairs, making them ideal for working on laptops or other devices.
Business Lounge: The airport also has a business lounge, which is available to passengers who have access to the lounge through their airline or membership program. The lounge offers a quiet and comfortable space to work, with complimentary WiFi, refreshments, and other amenities.
Meeting Rooms: For those who need to hold a meeting or conference at the airport, there are several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
Overall, Seychelles International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to make the most of your time there.
Seychelles International Airport offers a wide range of lounges for travelers to relax in before their flight. Here are some of the lounges available at the Seychelles International Airport:
- Air Seychelles Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- Kestrel Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- Marlin Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- Platinum Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- Skylink Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
- The Banyan Tree Lounge – Located in the Domestic Terminal
- The President’s Lounge – Located in the Departure Hall
Accomodation Options Nearby Seychelles International Airport
Seychelles International Airport, located on the island of Mahé, offers a range of accommodation options to suit diverse travel preferences and budgets. Whether you are seeking cost-effective lodging or luxurious indulgence, the airport vicinity has got you covered.
1. Budget-friendly Guesthouses: For budget-conscious travelers, several guesthouses near the airport provide affordable accommodation options. These guesthouses usually offer basic amenities such as comfortable beds, private bathrooms, and some may even have communal spaces for socializing.
2. Mid-range Hotels: Within close proximity to the airport, you can find mid-range hotels that offer a balance between affordability and comfort. These hotels often provide amenities like air conditioning, on-site restaurants, swimming pools, and room service. They are ideal for those seeking a comfortable stay without splurging.
3. Boutique Hotels: If you prefer unique and intimate accommodations, the area surrounding Seychelles International Airport has various boutique hotels available. These establishments offer personalized services, chic interiors, and often showcase local design elements. Boutique hotels are perfect for travelers looking for a memorable and distinctive experience.
4. Luxury Resorts: For those yearning for the epitome of indulgence, Seychelles International Airport boasts a selection of lavish resorts. These resorts provide exceptional amenities such as private villas, pristine private beaches, world-class spas, gourmet restaurants, and comprehensive butler services. Whether you seek ultimate privacy, exclusive access to facilities, or unparalleled opulence, these luxury resorts will exceed your expectations.
5. Self-Catering Apartments: Families or travelers preferring greater independence may consider self-catering apartments near the airport. These apartments typically feature full kitchens, allowing guests to prepare their meals. Additionally, they often offer ample living space, private balconies, and communal facilities like swimming pools and fitness centers.
All accommodations near Seychelles International Airport offer the advantage of easy access to a range of nearby attractions. From vibrant local markets to stunning pristine beaches, visitors can explore the natural beauty and cultural heritage of the Seychelles Islands. Planning and booking accommodation ahead of time is highly recommended to secure your ideal choice and ensure a stress-free stay near this bustling airport.
1. Beau Vallon Beach: Located just a short drive from Seychelles International Airport, Beau Vallon Beach is a popular destination known for its pristine white sands and crystal-clear waters. Visitors can swim, sunbathe, and indulge in water sports such as snorkeling and jet skiing.
2. Seychelles Natural History Museum: Situated in the capital city of Victoria, the Seychelles Natural History Museum offers a fascinating look into the archipelago’s diverse flora and fauna. With exhibits showcasing unique native species and geological formations, this museum is a must-visit for nature enthusiasts.
3. Eden Island: A man-made luxury development, Eden Island offers a range of amenities including restaurants, shops, and a marina. Visitors can explore the charming village-style setting and enjoy a picturesque stroll along the waterfront.
4. Sainte Anne Marine National Park: Located just a short boat ride from the airport, Sainte Anne Marine National Park is a stunning protected marine reserve. Travelers can embark on snorkeling, diving, or boat tours to discover vibrant coral reefs, rare fish species, and pristine beaches.
5. Seychelles Botanical Gardens: Nestled in the heart of Mahé, the Seychelles Botanical Gardens showcase an impressive collection of native and exotic plants. Exploring the serene garden trails allows visitors to marvel at giant tortoises, vibrant orchids, and other tropical flora.
6. Morne Seychellois National Park: Nature enthusiasts will appreciate the Morne Seychellois National Park, which covers a significant portion of the island of Mahé. With hiking trails leading to breathtaking viewpoints, waterfalls, and rare endemic wildlife, this park promises an unforgettable adventure.
7. Sir Selwyn Selwyn-Clarke Market: Located in Victoria, the bustling Sir Selwyn Selwyn-Clarke Market offers a vibrant glimpse into Seychellois culture. Visitors can browse through colorful stalls selling fresh produce, spices, handmade crafts, and souvenirs.
8. Takamaka Rum Distillery: Discover the flavors of Seychelles at the Takamaka Rum Distillery, situated on Mahé island. Take a tour to learn about the traditional rum production process, sample various flavors, and even bring a bottle home as a memento.
9. Anse Intendance: Regarded as one of the most beautiful beaches in the Seychelles, Anse Intendance is a paradise for nature lovers. With its powdery white sand, lush greenery, and powerful waves, this secluded beach is ideal for a peaceful getaway.
10. Mission Lodge Lookout: Offering a panoramic view of the southwest coast, Mission Lodge Lookout is a historic spot with great cultural significance. It was once a school for freed slaves, and today visitors can enjoy the spectacular scenery while learning about Seychelles’ past.
History of Seychelles International Airport
Seychelles International Airport, also known as Pointe Larue Airport, is the main airport of the Seychelles archipelago. The airport was first opened in 1971, and since then, it has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of tourists visiting the island nation.
In 2008, a major renovation project was undertaken to modernize the airport and increase its capacity. The project included the construction of a new terminal building, which was completed in 2010. The new terminal has state-of-the-art facilities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges, making it a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers.
Seychelles International Airport is now one of the busiest airports in the Indian Ocean region, serving over 700,000 passengers annually. The airport is also a hub for Air Seychelles, the national airline of Seychelles, which operates flights to several destinations in Africa, Asia, and Europe. With its modern facilities and strategic location, Seychelles International Airport is an important gateway to the Seychelles and a vital contributor to the country’s tourism industry.
Other Airports in Pointe La Rue, Seychelles