Sherbrooke Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Eastern Townships region and provides commercial, corporate, and general aviation services. The airport features a 6,000-foot runway, modern terminal facilities, and a range of amenities for passengers and pilots.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Sherbrooke Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Sherbrooke Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Sherbrooke Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Sherbrooke Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Sherbrooke Airport
Sherbrooke Airport is located in Quebec, Canada, and is easily accessible by car or public transportation. If you are driving, take Highway 10 and exit at the Airport Road. Follow the signs to the airport, which is located just a few minutes away. There is ample parking available at the airport, including both short-term and long-term options.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several options available. The Société de transport de Sherbrooke (STS) operates several bus routes that stop at the airport, including routes 11, 12, and 55. You can also take a taxi or ride-sharing service to the airport, which is a convenient and affordable option.
When planning your trip to Sherbrooke Airport, be sure to check the flight schedule and arrive at least two hours before your scheduled departure time. This will give you plenty of time to check in, go through security, and board your flight. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Sherbrooke Airport is a convenient and accessible destination that offers a range of services and amenities to make your trip as comfortable and stress-free as possible.
Sherbrooke Airport, also known as the Sherbrooke Regional Airport, is a small airport located in the city of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. Although it is a small airport, it offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. Taxi fares are regulated by the Quebec government and are based on the distance traveled.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the area or have a lot of luggage.
3. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate at the airport, offering transportation to and from various destinations in the area. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
4. Public Transportation: The Société de transport de Sherbrooke (STS) operates a bus service that connects the airport to various locations in the city. The bus stop is located outside the terminal building, and fares can be paid with cash or a pre-paid card.
5. Private Car Service: Private car services, such as Uber and Lyft, are available in Sherbrooke and can be used to get to and from the airport. These services can be booked through a smartphone app and offer a convenient and affordable option for travelers.
In conclusion, Sherbrooke Airport offers a variety of transportation options for travelers to choose from. Whether you prefer a taxi, rental car, shuttle service, public transportation, or private car service, there is an option that will suit your needs and budget.
Sherbrooke Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: Located directly in front of the terminal building, this parking area is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The hourly rate is reasonable, and there is no need to book in advance.
2. Long-term parking: If you need to park for a longer period, the airport offers a long-term parking lot located just a short walk from the terminal. This parking area is ideal for travelers who are going away for a few days or more. The daily rate is affordable, and there are discounts for extended stays.
3. Valet parking: For those who want the ultimate convenience, the airport offers valet parking services. Simply drop off your car at the terminal, and a valet will park it for you. When you return, your car will be waiting for you at the terminal. This service is perfect for busy travelers who want to save time.
4. Disabled parking: Sherbrooke Airport offers designated disabled parking spaces located close to the terminal building. These spaces are reserved for travelers with disabilities and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Overall, Sherbrooke Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit every traveler’s needs. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, valet services, or disabled parking, the airport has you covered.
Car Rental at Sherbrooke Airport
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Budget Car Rental
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
Sherbrooke Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for commercial flights and the other for general aviation. The commercial terminal is a modern facility that offers a range of amenities to passengers, including a café, gift shop, and free Wi-Fi. The terminal also has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating and charging stations for electronic devices.
The general aviation terminal is located on the opposite side of the airport and is primarily used by private aircraft owners and charter companies. The terminal offers a range of services to pilots and passengers, including fueling, maintenance, and rental cars. The terminal also has a comfortable lounge area with a fireplace and a kitchenette for passengers to relax and refresh themselves.
Both terminals at Sherbrooke Airport are staffed by friendly and knowledgeable personnel who are always ready to assist passengers with their needs. The airport is known for its efficient and hassle-free check-in and security procedures, making it a popular choice for travelers in the region. Overall, Sherbrooke Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for both commercial and general aviation passengers.
- Air Canada: Offering direct flights to Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.
- Air Transat: Offering direct flights to Varadero, Cancun, Orlando and Puerto Plata.
- Porter Airlines: Offering direct flights to Toronto and Montreal.
- WestJet: Offering direct flights to Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto.
Sherbrooke Airport is a small regional airport located in Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the most important security measures at Sherbrooke Airport is the screening process for passengers and their luggage. All passengers must go through a security checkpoint where their bags are scanned and they are required to walk through a metal detector. Any items that are deemed a security risk, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, are confiscated.
In addition to the screening process, Sherbrooke Airport also has a security team that monitors the airport and its surroundings. They are trained to identify and respond to any potential threats, and work closely with local law enforcement and government agencies to ensure the safety of the airport and its passengers.
Overall, Sherbrooke Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all who pass through its doors. The airport takes security seriously and is committed to maintaining the highest standards of safety and security for its passengers and staff.
Sherbrooke Airport offers traveler’s assistance services to ensure that passengers have a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s assistance services are designed to cater to the needs of all travelers, including those with disabilities, elderly passengers, and families with young children. The airport’s trained staff is available to provide assistance with check-in, security screening, and boarding procedures.
Passengers with disabilities can request special assistance services such as wheelchair assistance, assistance with mobility aids, and assistance with communication. The airport also provides accessible parking spaces, accessible restrooms, and other facilities to ensure that passengers with disabilities have a comfortable and convenient travel experience.
Families with young children can also benefit from the airport’s assistance services. The airport provides strollers, baby changing facilities, and family restrooms to make traveling with children easier. The airport’s staff is also available to assist families with boarding procedures and other travel-related tasks.
Overall, Sherbrooke Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s staff is dedicated to ensuring that passengers receive the assistance they need to make their travel experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
Sherbrooke Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
• Souvenirs de Sherbrooke: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, including t-shirts, mugs, and postcards.
• La Boutique de l’Aéroport: This shop offers a variety of travel items, such as luggage, travel accessories, and books.
• Duty Free: This shop offers a variety of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
• Café de l’Aéroport: This café offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks.
• Bistro de l’Aéroport: This restaurant offers a variety of hot meals, including sandwiches, salads, and burgers.
• Bar de l’Aéroport: This bar offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as light snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Sherbrooke Airport, also known as Sherbrooke Regional Airport, is a small airport located in Quebec, Canada. The airport provides prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who require a quiet space for religious practices. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Sherbrooke Airport and their locations:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Catholic Chapel – The Catholic Chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. This chapel is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and provides a space for Catholic passengers to pray and attend Mass.
3. Protestant Chapel – The Protestant Chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. This chapel is dedicated to Protestant worship and provides a space for passengers to pray and attend services.
4. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator for passengers to perform their daily prayers.
5. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is equipped with a Torah and prayer books for Jewish passengers to use.
Overall, Sherbrooke Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of different faiths. These spaces are designed to accommodate the religious needs of travelers and provide a peaceful environment for prayer and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Sherbrooke Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with family, friends, and work colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, and stream videos.
Workspace: For passengers who need to work while waiting for their flight, Sherbrooke Airport offers a dedicated workspace area. The workspace is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy to set up a laptop or other electronic devices. The area is quiet and comfortable, providing a conducive environment for work.
Meeting Rooms: The airport also has meeting rooms available for rent, which are perfect for business travelers who need to hold meetings or conduct interviews. The meeting rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment, whiteboards, and high-speed internet access, making them ideal for presentations and video conferences.
In conclusion, Sherbrooke Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights. Whether you need to catch up on work or stay connected with family and friends, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge is located in the Sherbrooke Airport’s main hall, near the check-in counters.
- The Skyview Lounge is located in the Sherbrooke Airport’s main hall, near the departure gates.
- The Priority Pass Lounge is located in the Sherbrooke Airport’s main hall, near the departure gates.
Accomodation Options Nearby Sherbrooke Airport
1. Sherbrooke Airport Hotel: Located just steps away from the airport, this hotel offers a convenient and comfortable stay with free Wi-Fi, a restaurant, and a fitness center.
2. Auberge de Jeunesse de Sherbrooke: This youth hostel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of accommodations, including private rooms, dorms, and camping sites.
3. Airbnb: There are a variety of Airbnb listings in the area, offering a range of accommodations from private rooms to entire homes.
4. Camping: For those looking for a more rustic experience, there are several camping sites located near the airport.
Sherbrooke Airport is located in the beautiful Eastern Townships region of Quebec, Canada. There are plenty of attractions and activities to enjoy in the area, including:
1. Mont-Orford National Park: This stunning park offers hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, and mountain biking trails, as well as a beach, camping facilities, and a golf course.
2. Magog-Orford Wine Route: This scenic route takes you through the picturesque countryside and offers the opportunity to visit local wineries and taste some of the region’s best wines.
3. Sherbrooke Nature and Science Museum: This museum features interactive exhibits on natural history, science, and technology, as well as a planetarium and an insectarium.
4. Lac Memphrémagog: This beautiful lake is perfect for swimming, boating, fishing, and kayaking. There are also several beaches and parks along its shores.
5. Sherbrooke Street Art: The city of Sherbrooke is home to several impressive murals and street art installations, which can be explored on foot or by bike.
6. The Granby Zoo: This popular zoo is located about an hour’s drive from Sherbrooke and features over 1,500 animals from around the world.
7. The Eastern Townships Cycling Network: This extensive network of bike trails offers over 4,000 km of scenic routes through the region’s countryside and charming towns.
8. The Sherbrooke Symphony Orchestra: This professional orchestra performs a variety of classical and contemporary music throughout the year.
9. The Sherbrooke Farmers’ Market: This lively market offers fresh produce, baked goods, artisanal cheeses, and other local products.
10. The Sherbrooke Golf Club: This historic golf course offers 18 holes of challenging play and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
History of Sherbrooke Airport
Sherbrooke Airport, also known as Sherbrooke Regional Airport, is a small airport located in the city of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. The airport was originally built in 1940 as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was used for civilian purposes and was officially opened to the public in 1947.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and services. In 1965, a new terminal building was constructed, and in 1985, the runway was extended to accommodate larger aircraft. In 2008, a new control tower was built to enhance safety and efficiency.
Today, Sherbrooke Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, providing commercial and general aviation services. The airport is home to several aviation companies, including flight schools, charter services, and maintenance facilities. It also serves as a base for air ambulance services and is a popular destination for recreational pilots.
Overall, Sherbrooke Airport has a rich history and continues to play an important role in the aviation industry in Quebec. Its strategic location and modern facilities make it a valuable asset to the region and a vital link to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport