Simon Bolivar International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Caracas, Venezuela. It is named after Simon Bolivar, a Venezuelan military and political leader who played a key role in the country’s independence from Spain. The airport is located in the city’s Maiquetía district and serves as a hub for several airlines, including Avior Airlines and Conviasa.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Simon Bolivar International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Simon Bolivar International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Simon Bolivar International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Simon Bolivar International Airport
- Other Airports in La Guaira State, Venezuela
How to Get to Simon Bolivar International Airport
Simon Bolivar International Airport is located in Maiquetia, Venezuela, and is the main airport serving the capital city of Caracas. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, or public transportation.
If you are driving to the airport, take the Caracas-La Guaira highway and follow the signs to the airport. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes from Caracas city center, depending on traffic.
Taxis are readily available throughout Caracas and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey to the airport takes around 30 minutes and costs approximately $20-30 USD, depending on your location.
Public transportation options include the Metrobus and the Caracas Metro. The Metrobus runs from Plaza Venezuela to the airport and costs around $0.50 USD. The Caracas Metro connects to the Metrobus at Plaza Venezuela and costs around $0.20 USD. Both options are affordable and reliable, but can be crowded during peak hours.
Overall, getting to Simon Bolivar International Airport is relatively straightforward and can be done by car, taxi, or public transportation. Plan ahead and allow plenty of time to ensure a stress-free journey.
Simon Bolivar International Airport, also known as Maiquetia International Airport, is the main airport serving Caracas, Venezuela. It is located approximately 21 kilometers from the city center and offers several transportation options for travelers to choose from.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient way to get to your destination. They are metered, and the fare will depend on your destination. It is recommended to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
2. Bus: There are several bus companies that operate from the airport to different parts of the city. The buses are comfortable and affordable, and the fare is fixed. However, they can be crowded and may not be the best option if you have a lot of luggage.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate from the airport, and it is a convenient option if you plan to explore the city on your own. However, driving in Caracas can be challenging, and it is recommended to have a GPS or a map to navigate the city.
4. Private Transfer: Private transfer services are available from the airport, and they offer a comfortable and hassle-free way to get to your destination. The rates are fixed, and the service is reliable.
5. Metro: The Caracas Metro is a fast and efficient way to get around the city. The airport has a metro station, and it is a convenient option if your destination is close to a metro station.
In conclusion, Simon Bolivar International Airport offers several transportation options for travelers to choose from. Whether you prefer a taxi, bus, car rental, private transfer, or metro, there is an option that will suit your needs and budget.
Simon Bolivar International Airport in Caracas, Venezuela offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are higher than other parking options.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are more affordable than short-term parking.
3. VIP parking: This parking area is located closest to the terminal building and offers exclusive services such as valet parking, car washing, and luggage assistance. The rates for VIP parking are higher than other parking options.
4. Economy parking: This parking area is located farther from the terminal building and offers the most affordable rates for parking. It is ideal for travelers who are on a budget and do not mind walking a bit to reach the terminal.
Overall, Simon Bolivar International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers.
Car Rental at Simon Bolivar International Airport
Simon Bolivar International Airport, also known as Maiquetia International Airport, is the main airport serving Caracas, the capital city of Venezuela. The airport has two terminals, Terminal Nacional and Terminal Internacional, which are located in separate buildings.
Terminal Nacional is used for domestic flights within Venezuela. It has a total of 14 gates and offers a range of services and amenities for passengers, including restaurants, cafes, duty-free shops, and currency exchange offices. The terminal is well-maintained and has modern facilities, making it a comfortable and convenient place for travelers.
Terminal Internacional is used for international flights and is the larger of the two terminals. It has a total of 28 gates and offers a wide range of services and amenities, including restaurants, cafes, duty-free shops, and VIP lounges. The terminal is spacious and well-designed, with modern facilities and comfortable seating areas.
Both terminals are connected by a shuttle bus service, which runs every 15 minutes. The airport also offers a range of transportation options for passengers, including taxis, buses, and rental cars. Overall, Simon Bolivar International Airport is a well-equipped and efficient airport that provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
1. Aerolíneas Argentinas
2. Air Europa
3. Air France
4. American Airlines
6. Copa Airlines
7. Delta Air Lines
10. LATAM Airlines
12. TAP Air Portugal
13. Turkish Airlines
14. United Airlines
Simon Bolivar International Airport, located in Maiquetia, Venezuela, has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and airport personnel. The airport has a comprehensive security system that includes surveillance cameras, metal detectors, X-ray machines, and explosive detection systems. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights.
The airport security personnel are highly trained and equipped to handle any security threat. They work closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that the airport remains safe and secure. The airport also has a dedicated security team that monitors all activities within the airport premises.
In addition to the security measures, the airport has implemented strict access control measures to prevent unauthorized access to restricted areas. Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter these areas, and they are required to undergo rigorous security checks before being granted access.
Overall, Simon Bolivar International Airport has taken significant steps to ensure the safety and security of its passengers and staff. The airport’s security protocols are constantly reviewed and updated to keep up with the latest security threats and technologies. Passengers can rest assured that they are in safe hands when traveling through this airport.
Simon Bolivar International Airport, also known as Maiquetia International Airport, is the main airport serving Caracas, Venezuela. The airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for passengers. These services include baggage assistance, wheelchair assistance, and language assistance.
Baggage assistance is available to help passengers with their luggage from the check-in counter to the boarding gate. This service is particularly useful for those with heavy or bulky luggage. Wheelchair assistance is also available for passengers with mobility issues. The airport provides wheelchairs and trained staff to assist passengers with getting around the airport.
Language assistance is available for passengers who do not speak Spanish. The airport has staff who speak English and other languages to help passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. Additionally, the airport has information desks located throughout the terminal to provide passengers with information about flights, transportation, and other services.
Overall, Simon Bolivar International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for passengers. These services are designed to help passengers navigate the airport and get to their destination with ease.
Shops and Restaurants
Simon Bolivar International Airport, located in Maiquetia, Venezuela, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty Free Americas: This shop offers a wide range of products, including perfumes, cosmetics, liquor, tobacco, and more. Travelers can take advantage of tax-free prices and find great deals on their favorite brands.
– Tiendas Exito: This store offers a variety of products, including snacks, drinks, souvenirs, and travel essentials. It’s a convenient stop for last-minute purchases before boarding your flight.
– Swarovski: This shop offers a selection of high-quality crystal jewelry, accessories, and home decor. It’s a great place to find a special gift or souvenir.
– Subway: This popular sandwich chain offers a variety of fresh, made-to-order sandwiches, salads, and sides. It’s a great option for a quick and satisfying meal.
– Starbucks: This coffee chain needs no introduction. Travelers can enjoy their favorite coffee drinks, pastries, and snacks while waiting for their flight.
– La Piazzetta: This restaurant offers a selection of Italian dishes, including pizza, pasta, and salads. It’s a great option for a sit-down meal before or after your flight.
Overall, Simon Bolivar International Airport offers a good selection of shops and restaurants to meet the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, you’re sure to find something to satisfy your cravings.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Simon Bolivar International Airport, also known as Maiquetia International Airport, is the main airport serving Caracas, Venezuela. The airport has several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. Here are the locations of these areas:
1. Chapel: The airport has a Catholic chapel located on the second floor of the international terminal. The chapel is open 24 hours a day and offers daily mass services.
2. Mosque: The airport has a mosque located on the second floor of the international terminal. The mosque is open 24 hours a day and offers daily prayer services.
3. Meditation Room: The airport has a meditation room located on the second floor of the international terminal. The room is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers and visitors of all faiths.
4. Prayer Room: The airport has a prayer room located on the second floor of the domestic terminal. The room is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers and visitors of all faiths.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are easily accessible and provide a peaceful and quiet space for passengers and visitors to pray, meditate, or worship.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Simon Bolivar International Airport, located in Maiquetía, Venezuela, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media accounts, and other online services. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy for travelers to stay connected with their loved ones and colleagues.
For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, Simon Bolivar International Airport offers several workspace facilities. The airport has a business center equipped with computers, printers, and other office equipment, making it easy for travelers to complete their work tasks. Additionally, there are several lounges located throughout the airport that offer comfortable seating, power outlets, and free WiFi access, providing a quiet and productive environment for travelers to work.
Overall, Simon Bolivar International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities, ensuring that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The Simon Bolivar International Airport is home to a variety of lounges for passengers to relax and enjoy their time before their flight. Here is a list of the available lounges and their locations:
- Salon VIP Sambil: Located in the domestic terminal, level 2
- Salon VIP Avior: Located in the international terminal, level 2
- Salon VIP La Campina: Located in the domestic terminal, level 2
- Salon VIP Tachira: Located in the international terminal, level 2
- Salon VIP Maracaibo: Located in the domestic terminal, level 2
- Salon VIP Zulia: Located in the international terminal, level 2
- Salon VIP Caracas: Located in the domestic terminal, level 2
- Salon VIP Merida: Located in the international terminal, level 2
Accomodation Options Nearby Simon Bolivar International Airport
1. On-site Hotels:
– Hotel Ole Caribe: Located adjacent to the airport, this contemporary hotel offers comfortable accommodations, an outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center. Ideal for business and leisure travelers seeking convenience.
– Hotel Airport Caracas: Situated just a short distance from the airport, this budget-friendly hotel provides clean rooms, free Wi-Fi, complimentary airport transfers, and a 24-hour front desk for a hassle-free stay.
2. Budget-friendly Options:
– Hostels: Located within a few kilometers of the airport, hostels such as Posada del Sol offer affordable dormitory-style accommodations for backpackers or solo travelers on a tight budget. These hostels provide clean beds, communal areas, and shared bathrooms.
– Guesthouses: There are budget-friendly guesthouses like Posada Las Leyendas, offering cozy rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a 24-hour front desk, providing a home-like atmosphere at reasonable rates.
3. Mid-range Hotels:
– Eurobuilding Express Maiquetía: A well-known mid-range hotel located near the airport, offering modern rooms, stylish decor, a rooftop pool, fitness center, and 24-hour room service. They also have a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport.
– Hotel Miramar Suites: Boasting panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea, this mid-range hotel features spacious suites, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant. With friendly staff and comfortable amenities, it provides excellent value for money.
4. Luxury Hotels:
– Gran Melia Caracas: Considered one of the most luxurious options near the airport, this hotel offers elegant rooms, a spa, multiple dining options, a swimming pool, and a well-equipped fitness center. It also provides a complimentary airport shuttle service.
– Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel: Located in the upscale neighborhood of Altamira, this luxurious hotel showcases lavish rooms, a rooftop pool with panoramic city views, an exquisite restaurant, and a 24-hour fitness center. Complimentary airport transfers are available for guests.
Regardless of your accommodation choice, it is advisable to book in advance to secure availability, and check with the hotels regarding any COVID-19 related protocols or restrictions that may affect your stay.
1. Simon Bolivar Birthplace Museum: Located just a short distance from the airport, this museum is dedicated to the life and achievements of the revered Venezuelan leader, Simon Bolivar. Visitors can explore exhibits showcasing historical artifacts, photographs, and literature relating to his legacy.
2. El Avila National Park: Nature enthusiasts will delight in the vast beauty of El Avila National Park, situated near the airport. This mountainous park offers a variety of hiking trails, stunning vistas, and an opportunity to appreciate Venezuela’s diverse flora and fauna.
3. Parque Los Caobos: A lovely urban park, Parque Los Caobos offers a tranquil escape from the bustling airport surroundings. This green oasis is ideal for picnicking, strolling, and enjoying outdoor art installations.
4. Plaza Venezuela: Situated a short distance from the airport, Plaza Venezuela is a vibrant public square encompassing several noteworthy attractions. Explore the iconic National Pantheon, the historic Caracas Central University, and the strikingly beautiful Teresa Carreño Cultural Complex.
5. Teatro Teresa Carreño: Art enthusiasts must not miss a chance to visit the Teatro Teresa Carreño, a grand cultural complex offering a diverse program of theater performances, ballets, and concerts. It is a hub for the arts and an architectural gem in the heart of Caracas.
6. Museo de Arte Contemporaneo de Caracas: Located near the airport, this contemporary art museum showcases a collection of Venezuelan and international artworks. Visitors can admire a wide range of artistic expressions, from paintings to sculptures and installations.
7. Galeria de Arte Nacional: Art lovers will appreciate the Galeria de Arte Nacional, the national gallery of Venezuela. The gallery houses an impressive collection of Venezuelan art, spanning various periods and styles, and is a testament to the country’s rich artistic heritage.
8. Parque del Este: Nature enthusiasts can explore Parque del Este, a sprawling park offering lush green spaces, gardens, and recreational activities. Take a leisurely walk, rent a paddleboat on the lake, or simply relax amid the inviting natural surroundings.
9. Jardin Botanico de Caracas: Located adjacent to the airport, the Jardin Botanico de Caracas is a haven for plant enthusiasts. This botanical garden boasts an extensive collection of native and exotic plant species, providing educational resources and a serene environment for visitors to enjoy.
10. Teleférico de Caracas: For a memorable experience, hop on the Teleférico de Caracas, a cable car ride that takes passengers on a breathtaking journey up to Ávila Mountain. This exhilarating ride provides panoramic views of Caracas and the surrounding landscapes, making it a must-visit attraction near the airport.
History of Simon Bolivar International Airport
Simon Bolivar International Airport, also known as Maiquetia International Airport, is the main airport serving Caracas, the capital city of Venezuela. The airport was named after Simon Bolivar, a Venezuelan military and political leader who played a key role in the country’s independence from Spain.
The airport was originally built in the 1940s and underwent several expansions and renovations over the years to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines. In 2006, a new international terminal was opened, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle up to 9 million passengers per year.
Simon Bolivar International Airport is one of the busiest airports in South America, serving as a hub for several airlines, including Avior Airlines, Conviasa, and Venezolana. The airport offers flights to destinations across the Americas, Europe, and the Caribbean.
Despite its importance, the airport has faced several challenges in recent years, including political and economic instability in Venezuela, which has led to a decline in tourism and air travel. In addition, the airport has been criticized for its outdated facilities and poor customer service. However, efforts are being made to improve the airport, including plans for a new terminal and runway expansion.
Other Airports in La Guaira State, Venezuela