The Sisamin Airstrip is a remote and essential transportation hub located in Papua New Guinea. Serving the surrounding communities and supporting vital services such as medical evacuations, it plays a crucial role in connecting isolated regions to the rest of the country.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Sisamin Airstrip
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Sisamin Airstrip
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Sisamin Airstrip
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Sisamin Airstrip
- Other Airports in Sandaun (West Sepik), Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Sisamin Airstrip
To reach Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea, you can follow these straightforward directions. Firstly, check for flights to Wewak Airport, the closest major airport to Sisamin Airstrip. From the airport, hire a taxi or take a pre-arranged transfer to the Wewak wharf. Next, board a boat or ferry at the Wewak wharf. The boat journey will take roughly 40 minutes and take you across the Sepik River, eventually arriving at Sisamin Village. Once you arrive at Sisamin Village, a short walk will bring you to Sisamin Airstrip, which serves as a landing point for small aircraft.
Sisamin Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, provides a crucial transportation link for the local community and serves as a hub for both domestic and international travelers. While the airport may be relatively small in size, it offers a range of transportation options to cater to the diverse needs of its passengers.
1. Domestic Flights: Sisamin Airstrip operates regular domestic flights, connecting travelers to various destinations within Papua New Guinea. These flights are a convenient option for those wishing to explore the stunning landscapes and cultural richness of this beautiful island nation. Domestic airlines such as Air Niugini and PNG Air serve the airport, ensuring reliable connections and comfortable journeys.
2. International Flights: Although Sisamin Airstrip primarily handles domestic flights, the airport also facilitates limited international flights to nearby destinations. These flights provide access to neighboring countries, fostering regional connectivity and enhancing business and leisure travel opportunities.
3. Ground Transportation: Upon arrival at Sisamin Airstrip, passengers can avail themselves of various ground transportation options to reach their final destinations. Taxi services are readily available outside the airport terminal, offering a hassle-free and efficient mode of transport. Shared shuttle services, organized by local travel agencies, can also be arranged for individuals or groups wishing to travel together at a lower cost.
4. Car Rentals: For those who prefer the freedom and flexibility of self-driving, several car rental agencies have established a presence near the airport. These companies offer a wide range of vehicles to suit different preferences and budgets. Renting a car allows travelers to explore the region at their own pace and visit nearby attractions independently.
5. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in the surrounding area provide complimentary shuttle services to and from Sisamin Airstrip for their guests. These shuttles ensure a seamless transfer between the airport and accommodation, eliminating the need to navigate public transportation or arrange separate transfers. It is advisable to check with your chosen hotel in advance to confirm the availability of such services.
Overall, Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers a well-rounded range of transportation options to cater to diverse travel needs. Whether you’re a domestic or international traveler, there are reliable flight connections, convenient ground transportation services, and car rental facilities. With these options at hand, exploring the wonders of Papua New Guinea becomes an accessible and enjoyable experience for all.
Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers convenient car parking options for travelers seeking to explore this beautiful region. Situated in a remote location, the airstrip provides a secure and well-maintained parking area for visitors arriving by car.
The car park at Sisamin Airstrip is located adjacent to the airstrip itself, ensuring easy access and hassle-free parking. Travelers can conveniently leave their vehicles in this designated area, giving them peace of mind while they embark on their adventurous journeys.
As you park your car at Sisamin Airstrip, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be in safe hands. The parking area is monitored 24/7, ensuring the utmost security for your vehicle during your absence. The dedicated staff members constantly patrol the parking lot, providing an extra layer of protection and vigilance.
Beyond the security aspect, the car park at Sisamin Airstrip also boasts well-organized facilities for visitors. The parking area is spacious and well-maintained, allowing for easy maneuverability and ample parking spots for vehicles of all sizes. Travelers can comfortably park their cars without worrying about limited space or inconvenience.
In addition to the convenient location and top-notch security measures, the car park at Sisamin Airstrip also offers reasonable pricing options. Travelers can enjoy the flexibility of short-term or long-term parking, accommodating various travel plans and durations. The pricing structure is fair, ensuring that parking at Sisamin Airstrip remains affordable for visitors.
As you plan your visit to Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea, rest assured that the car parking facilities are well-equipped to cater to your needs. The convenient location, secure environment, and reasonable pricing make parking at Sisamin Airstrip a hassle-free experience, allowing you to focus on enjoying your journey through this stunning region.
Car Rental at Sisamin Airstrip
Sisamin Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, serves as a vital transportation hub for both domestic and international travelers. With its convenient location and essential facilities, the terminals at Sisamin Airstrip offer a seamless travel experience for passengers.
The airport features a well-maintained terminal building, equipped with modern amenities and efficient services. Passengers can easily navigate through the terminal with clear signage and helpful staff to assist them. The check-in counters at Sisamin Airstrip terminals ensure a smooth and hassle-free process, allowing travelers to quickly complete their pre-flight procedures.
Furthermore, Sisamin Airstrip terminals provide a comfortable waiting area, equipped with seating arrangements and ample space for passengers to relax before their departure. Additionally, essential facilities such as restrooms, snack kiosks, and shops offering a range of convenience items are available within the terminals, ensuring that travelers have all they need during their stay.
Overall, Sisamin Airstrip terminals provide a convenient and comfortable travel experience for passengers. The well-appointed facilities, efficient services, and friendly staff make it an ideal choice for those traveling to and from Papua New Guinea, contributing to a positive and seamless journey.
Unfortunately, there is no specific information available about operating airlines at Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea. Local airlines might provide services to this airstrip on a seasonal or sporadic basis. It is recommended to contact national or regional airlines operating in Papua New Guinea for the most up-to-date information on flights to Sisamin Airstrip.
Sisamin Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, is a crucial transportation hub serving the remote rural communities in the Enga Province. Safety and security are top priorities at this airport, ensuring smooth operations and passenger well-being. Rigorous security protocols are implemented to safeguard both passengers and the airport’s infrastructure.
Access to the airstrip area is strictly regulated to authorized individuals only. Security personnel and a checkpoint monitor all entry points, ensuring only permitted personnel and approved vehicles enter the premises. This measure helps in preventing any unauthorized access or potential threats.
All passengers and their belongings are thoroughly screened before entering the terminal building. Passengers are required to pass through metal detectors, while their luggage undergoes x-ray scanning to detect any dangerous items. These screening procedures are carried out to ensure a safe and secure environment for everyone at the airport.
Additionally, the airport employs trained and vigilant security personnel who actively patrol the premises, keeping a keen eye on any suspicious activities. Their presence not only deters potential threats but also ensures the safety and comfort of passengers.
Overall, Sisamin Airstrip firmly upholds stringent security protocols to maintain a secure environment and protect the well-being of passengers and staff alike. These measures guarantee a seamless travel experience for all who utilize this transportation hub in Papua New Guinea.
Sisamin Airstrip, located in the beautiful country of Papua New Guinea, serves as an essential transportation hub for travelers exploring the region. Situated in the remote Western Province, this small airstrip plays a vital role in connecting travelers to various destinations within Papua New Guinea. As a traveler’s assistance, Sisamin Airstrip provides essential services and facilities to ensure a smooth and convenient journey for visitors.
Despite its modest size, Sisamin Airstrip offers a range of amenities to cater to the needs of travelers. Passengers can find a comfortable waiting area, where they can relax before their flight or connect with fellow travelers. The airport staff is known for their friendly and helpful demeanor, providing information and assistance to ensure a pleasant experience for visitors.
Sisamin Airstrip operates regular flights to major cities and towns in Papua New Guinea, enabling tourists to explore the picturesque landscapes and cultural wonders of this diverse country. Whether you are planning to venture into the lush rainforests, visit traditional villages, or embark on thrilling adventures, Sisamin Airstrip serves as a convenient gateway to your desired destinations.
Traveling to remote regions can present unique challenges, but Sisamin Airstrip takes pride in facilitating an efficient and safe travel experience for visitors. The airport adheres to strict safety standards and ensures that flights are operated by reputable airlines. Moreover, the staff is knowledgeable about local attractions, transportation options, and accommodations, offering valuable advice and assistance to make your journey in Papua New Guinea as enjoyable as possible.
In summary, Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea serves as an essential travel hub, connecting visitors to various destinations within the country. With its range of amenities, friendly staff, and regular flight services, it strives to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. Whether you are embarking on an adventure or exploring cultural treasures, Sisamin Airstrip is here to assist you in discovering the beauty and wonders of Papua New Guinea.
Shops and Restaurants
Sisamin Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, may be a small airfield, but it offers a range of essential shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers passing through. Despite its remote location, the airstrip aims to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. Here are some of the noteworthy establishments you can find at Sisamin Airstrip:
1. Airport Cafe: Located in the main terminal building, the Airport Cafe serves as a go-to spot for passengers to grab a quick bite or enjoy a hot cup of coffee before their flight. The cafe offers a variety of freshly brewed beverages, light snacks, and sandwiches, perfect for a quick and satisfying meal on the go.
2. Souvenir Shop: For those looking to take a piece of Papua New Guinea’s local culture and crafts home with them, the Souvenir Shop at Sisamin Airstrip is the place to visit. Here, you can find a wide selection of traditional artifacts, handmade crafts, and locally produced souvenirs. It’s an ideal spot to browse and purchase unique gifts for loved ones or mementos to commemorate your trip.
3. Convenience Store: Stocked with a range of necessities, the convenience store at Sisamin Airstrip is a convenient stop for any last-minute travel essentials. From toiletries, snacks, and beverages to reading materials, the store ensures that passengers have access to essential items during their journey. It’s a lifesaver for those who may have forgotten to pack a few crucial items.
4. Local Food Stalls: A visit to Sisamin Airstrip wouldn’t be complete without sampling some of the local delicacies. The airfield boasts a couple of local food stalls that offer traditional Papua New Guinean dishes. From flavorsome curries to fresh seafood, these stalls provide a taste of the region’s culinary delights. It’s an excellent opportunity for travelers to immerse themselves in the local cuisine and savor the authentic flavors of Papua New Guinea.
5. Gift Shop: Aside from the Souvenir Shop, Sisamin Airstrip also features a dedicated Gift Shop, where you can find a curated selection of specialty products. From unique handicrafts to locally sourced organic products, this shop offers a range of distinctive items that make for perfect gifts or personal indulgences. It’s a great spot to explore and find something truly special to remember your time in Papua New Guinea.
While Sisamin Airstrip may not have an extensive array of shops and restaurants like larger airports, it certainly strives to cater to the needs and desires of travelers passing through. These establishments aim to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience, ensuring that visitors have access to essential amenities, delicious food, and unique souvenirs.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea provides essential transportation services to the local community and visitors. In order to cater to the diverse religious needs of its users, the airstrip offers dedicated prayer rooms and worship areas. These peaceful spaces are strategically located within the vicinity of the airstrip, ensuring convenient access for individuals seeking spiritual solace. Here, we provide a brief overview of the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Sisamin Airstrip, along with their respective locations.
1. Interfaith Prayer Room:
Located near the main terminal building, the interfaith prayer room at Sisamin Airstrip welcomes individuals from various religious backgrounds. This inclusive space offers a serene environment for prayer, meditation, and reflection. Equipped with comfortable seating arrangements, prayer mats, and religious literature, it caters to the spiritual needs of all travelers passing through the airstrip.
2. Christian Chapel:
For those who follow the Christian faith, a dedicated chapel is available within close proximity to the airstrip. This beautifully designed worship area, adorned with religious symbols and artwork, provides a tranquil setting for Christian worship and fellowship. The chapel is easily accessible and offers a peaceful sanctuary for prayer, Bible study, and other religious activities.
3. Islamic Prayer Room:
Recognizing the importance of accommodating the needs of Muslim travelers, Sisamin Airstrip offers a designated Islamic prayer room. Situated near the departure gates, this facility is equipped with prayer mats, ablution areas, and Quran copies for the convenience of Muslim passengers. It provides a quiet space for performing daily prayers and engaging in spiritual contemplation in accordance with Islamic traditions.
4. Traditional Worship Area:
Acknowledging the rich cultural heritage of Papua New Guinea, Sisamin Airstrip also provides a traditional worship area. Located in a specially designated section, this space allows individuals to connect with their ancestral customs and practices. Whether it is through traditional dances, rituals, or ceremonies, this worship area celebrates the vibrant indigenous culture of the region, fostering a sense of unity and pride among the local community.
Overall, Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea recognizes the significance of prayer and worship in the lives of its users. By offering a range of dedicated spaces, including an interfaith prayer room, Christian chapel, Islamic prayer room, and traditional worship area, the airstrip ensures that individuals from diverse religious backgrounds can find solace and connect with their spirituality. These facilities are thoughtfully placed within the proximity of the main terminal building, providing convenient access for all passengers and visitors.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of travelers and locals alike. Whether you’re looking to catch up on work or stay connected with friends and family, this airstrip ensures you can stay productive and connected during your time here.
The WiFi available at Sisamin Airstrip is reliable and fast, allowing you to browse the internet, check emails, and even stream videos without any interruptions. This service is accessible throughout the premises, ensuring you can enjoy connectivity wherever you are within the airstrip.
For those who require a dedicated workspace, Sisamin Airstrip provides comfortable and well-equipped areas where you can set up your laptop and work. These workspaces are designed to offer a quiet and conducive environment, enabling you to focus on your tasks efficiently. The ample seating and desks are ergonomically designed to ensure your comfort throughout your working hours.
In addition to the WiFi and workspace facilities, Sisamin Airstrip also offers charging stations for your electronic devices. This ensures that you never have to worry about running out of battery while you’re working or staying connected. The charging stations are conveniently located within the workspace area, making it easy for you to recharge your devices whenever needed.
Whether you’re a business traveler needing to catch up on work or a leisure traveler wanting to stay connected with loved ones, Sisamin Airstrip in Papua New Guinea has you covered. With its reliable WiFi, well-equipped workspaces, and convenient charging stations, you can stay productive and connected throughout your time at this airstrip.
Accomodation Options Nearby Sisamin Airstrip
1. Local Guesthouses: For budget-conscious travelers, local guesthouses near Sisamin Airstrip offer affordable accommodation options. These modest establishments typically feature basic amenities such as shared bathrooms and minimal furnishings. While they may lack luxury and fancy facilities, they provide a comfortable and convenient resting place, allowing visitors to experience the local flavor and hospitality.
2. Budget Hotels: If you seek a bit more comfort without breaking the bank, there are several budget hotels in the vicinity of Sisamin Airstrip. These properties offer clean and cozy rooms with private bathrooms, and some may even include additional amenities like Wi-Fi, television, and air conditioning. Budget hotels are a great choice for those looking for a comfortable stay at an affordable price.
3. Mid-Range Hotels: Mid-range hotels near Sisamin Airstrip cater to travelers who desire a higher level of comfort and amenities. With spacious rooms, private bathrooms, modern furnishings, and additional facilities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and on-site restaurants, these hotels offer a pleasant and relaxed stay at a reasonable cost.
4. Resorts: For a touch of luxury, consider staying at one of the resorts near Sisamin Airstrip. These establishments provide a wide array of high-end services and facilities, including well-appointed rooms or bungalows, private balconies or terraces, upscale restaurants, spa services, and beautifully landscaped gardens. Resorts often boast stunning ocean or mountain views, creating a tranquil and picturesque setting for a rejuvenating getaway.
5. Eco-Lodges: For a unique and environmentally friendly experience, eco-lodges near Sisamin Airstrip offer a sustainable accommodation option. These lodges are designed to minimize their environmental impact while providing comfortable and stylish accommodations. Featuring eco-friendly amenities, such as renewable energy sources, organic food options, and nature-based activities, staying at an eco-lodge allows visitors to appreciate Papua New Guinea’s stunning natural surroundings while supporting sustainable practices.
6. Luxury Villas: For the ultimate indulgence, luxury villas near Sisamin Airstrip provide a private and opulent retreat. These spacious and exquisitely designed properties often come with extravagant amenities such as private pools, personal butler service, gourmet kitchens, and expansive outdoor spaces. Ideal for those seeking privacy and exclusivity, luxury villas offer an exceptional level of comfort and personalized attention.
Whether you prefer a wallet-friendly guesthouse or a luxurious villa, the accommodation options near Sisamin Airstrip cater to a wide range of budgets and preferences, ensuring a relaxing and enjoyable stay for every traveler.
1. Mount Wilhelm: Located about 175 kilometers northeast of Sisamin Airstrip, Mount Wilhelm stands as the highest peak in Papua New Guinea, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes. This popular destination attracts adventure enthusiasts and hikers seeking an unforgettable experience.
2. Rondon Ridge: Situated near Mount Hagen, Rondon Ridge offers luxurious accommodation and serves as an excellent base for exploring the surrounding forests and wildlife. Visitors can enjoy bird-watching, guided walks, and cultural excursions to nearby villages.
3. Ambua Lodge: Nestled in the Tari Valley, Ambua Lodge is known for its stunning views and proximity to remote traditional villages. Here, you can learn about the local Huli tribe, famous for their unique customs, rituals, and traditional body painting.
4. Karawari Lodge: Located on the banks of the Karawari River, this lodge provides visitors with an incredible opportunity to experience the Sepik region and its rich cultural heritage. From canoe rides through dense rainforests to witnessing traditional dance performances, Karawari Lodge offers a truly immersive experience.
5. Baliem Valley: Situated in the central highlands of Papua New Guinea, Baliem Valley is home to the Dani people. This untouched paradise invites travelers to witness traditional tribal rituals, hike through lush valleys, and mingle with local communities.
6. Madang: A coastal town located on the northern shores of Papua New Guinea, Madang is renowned for its stunning coral reefs and World War II wrecks. Snorkeling or diving in these crystal-clear waters offers a chance to explore diverse marine life, vibrant corals, and historical relics.
7. Kokoda Track: For history enthusiasts and adventure seekers alike, the Kokoda Track is a must-visit location. This famous World War II trek takes you along the path of the Kokoda campaign, immersing you in the region’s fascinating history and natural beauty.
8. Rabaul: Situated on the northeastern tip of New Britain Island, Rabaul is a historic town with a tragic past. After a volcanic eruption in 1994, the town now lies in ruins, offering a unique and eerie experience for visitors interested in witnessing the destructive power of nature.
9. New Ireland: Located in the Bismarck Archipelago, New Ireland is known for its stunning beaches, vibrant coral reefs, and unique cultural traditions. Visitors can enjoy diving, snorkeling, and exploring the islands’ rich biodiversity.
10. Kimbe Bay: Famous for its exceptional scuba diving opportunities, Kimbe Bay is an underwater paradise with pristine coral reefs, colorful marine life, and hidden wrecks. With numerous dive sites to explore, this area is a haven for diving enthusiasts keen on discovering Papua New Guinea’s underwater wonders.
Please note that some attractions may be subject to seasonal availability or require transportation arrangements. It is always recommended to check local travel advisories and seek guidance from professional tour operators before embarking on any adventure.
History of Sisamin Airstrip
Sisamin Airstrip, located in Papua New Guinea, holds a significant place in the region’s history. Constructed during World War II, it served as a crucial military base for the Allied forces. Built on the northern coast of New Guinea in the early 1940s, the airstrip played a vital role in the Pacific War effort. It was primarily used by the Australian and US troops to launch operations against the Japanese forces.
The strategic location of Sisamin Airstrip was key to the success of the Allies in the region. Its proximity to the Bismarck Sea made it an ideal spot for staging air raids and providing necessary logistical support. The airstrip facilitated the transportation of troops, supplies, and equipment, contributing significantly to the Allies’ overall military strategy. Its operational importance grew with the establishment of nearby airfields, enabling more extensive operations in the area.
Sisamin Airstrip witnessed intense battles as the Allied forces fought their way against the Japanese army. Its successful defense and subsequent utilization played a crucial part in the eventual victory of the Allies in the Pacific Theater. Today, the airstrip stands as a reminder of the sacrifices made during World War II and holds historical significance for Papua New Guinea, serving as a monument to the bravery and resilience of those who served in this theater of war.
Other Airports in Sandaun (West Sepik), Papua New Guinea
- Aitape Airport
- Akwom Airstrip
- Amanab Airport
- Anguganak Airport
- Arkosame Airstrip
- Bak Airstrip
- Bewani Airport
- Blackwara Airport
- Buluwo Airstrip
- Busilmin Airstrip
- Duranmin Airstrip
- Edwaki Airport
- Eliptamin Airport
- Fas Airstrip
- Feramin Airport
- Fiyak Airstrip
- Gawa Airstrip
- Green River Airport
- Gubil Airstrip
- Guriaso Airport
- Ibil Airstrip
- Idam Airstrip
- Imonda Airport
- Kabori Airstrip
- Kafle Airstrip
- Kamberatoro Airport
- Kilifas Airstrip
- Kwieftim Airstrip
- Kwomtari Airstrip
- Leitre Airport
- Lumi Airport
- Miyanmin Airport
- Moi Airstrip
- Munbil Airport
- Nuku Airport
- Okisai Airstrip
- Oksapmin Airport
- Ossima Airport
- Serra Airstrip
- Siawi Airstrip
- Sibilanga Airstrip
- Sinow Airstrip
- Sisamin Airstrip
- Sissano Airport
- Smok Airstrip
- Tadji Airport
- Tekin Airport
- Telefomin Airport
- Tifalmin Airport
- Tumolbil Airport
- Utai Airstrip
- Vanimo Airport
- Warasai Airstrip
- Wobagen Airstrip
- Yanungen Airstrip
- Yapsiei Airport
- Yebil Airstrip
- Yemin Airstrip
- Yili Airstrip
- Yilui Airstrip