The Slave Lake Airport is a regional airport located in the town of Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada. It serves as a hub for both commercial and private aviation, providing access to the surrounding communities and industries.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Slave Lake Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Slave Lake Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Slave Lake Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Slave Lake Airport
- Other Airports in Alberta, Canada
How to Get to Slave Lake Airport
Slave Lake Airport is located in the town of Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada. If you are traveling to the airport, there are a few options for transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is located just off of Highway 2, approximately 2.5 kilometers south of the town of Slave Lake. There is ample parking available at the airport, including both short-term and long-term options.
If you are taking public transportation, there are a few options available. The town of Slave Lake operates a public transit system, which includes a route that stops at the airport. Additionally, there are several taxi companies in the area that can provide transportation to the airport.
If you are flying into Slave Lake Airport, there are several airlines that operate flights to and from the airport, including Northwestern Air Lease, Central Mountain Air, and Air Canada Express. Once you arrive at the airport, there are several car rental companies located on-site, as well as taxi services available for transportation to your final destination.
If you’re planning a trip to Slave Lake, Alberta, you’ll need to consider your transportation options to and from the airport. Fortunately, there are several options available to suit your needs and budget.
1. Taxi: One of the most convenient options is to take a taxi from the airport to your destination. There are several taxi companies that operate in the area, including Slave Lake Taxi and Northern Taxi. You can expect to pay around $20-$30 for a one-way trip.
2. Rental Car: If you prefer to have your own transportation during your stay, you can rent a car from one of the rental car companies located at the airport. Some of the options include Budget, Enterprise, and National. Prices vary depending on the type of car and length of rental.
3. Shuttle Service: Another option is to use a shuttle service, such as Slave Lake Shuttle or Northern Express. These services offer shared rides to and from the airport, which can be a more affordable option if you’re traveling with a group.
4. Public Transportation: If you’re on a tight budget, you can take advantage of the public transportation options available in Slave Lake. The town operates a bus service that runs throughout the area, including stops at the airport. Fares are typically around $2-$3 per ride.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it’s important to plan ahead and make arrangements before your trip to ensure a smooth and stress-free arrival in Slave Lake.
There are two main parking options available at Slave Lake Airport: short-term parking and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 30 minutes of parking are free, and after that, the rate is $2 per hour.
Long-term parking is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to leave their vehicle at the airport for an extended period of time. The rate for long-term parking is $10 per day or $50 per week.
Both short-term and long-term parking options are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Payment for parking can be made at the self-serve kiosk located inside the terminal building or through the HonkMobile app.
Car Rental at Slave Lake Airport
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Budget Car & Truck Rentals
- Avis Rent a Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
Slave Lake Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for commercial flights and the other for private aircraft. The commercial terminal is operated by Northwestern Air Lease and offers daily flights to Edmonton and Fort McMurray. The terminal is equipped with a waiting area, check-in counters, and a baggage claim area.
The private terminal is operated by the Slave Lake Flying Club and is used by private aircraft owners and charter companies. The terminal offers a comfortable lounge area, flight planning facilities, and a pilot briefing room. The private terminal also has a fueling station and a maintenance hangar for aircraft servicing.
Both terminals at Slave Lake Airport are equipped with modern amenities and facilities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers. The airport also has ample parking space for both commercial and private vehicles. Overall, Slave Lake Airport is a vital transportation hub for the region, connecting the town of Slave Lake to other parts of Alberta and beyond.
- Air Canada Express: operated by Jazz Aviation LP, provides service to Edmonton International Airport.
- WestJet Encore: operated by WestJet, provides service to Edmonton International Airport.
- Central Mountain Air: provides service to several destinations including Calgary, Grande Prairie, and Fort St. John.
Slave Lake Airport is a small regional airport located in northern Alberta, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
One of the key security measures in place at Slave Lake Airport is the use of security screening equipment. All passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened before boarding their flights. This includes the use of metal detectors and X-ray machines to detect any prohibited items such as weapons or explosives.
In addition to screening equipment, the airport also has a number of security personnel on site. These individuals are trained to identify and respond to potential security threats, and are responsible for monitoring the airport and its surroundings for any suspicious activity.
Overall, Slave Lake Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety of all those who use the facility. Passengers can feel confident that they are in good hands when traveling through this airport.
Slave Lake Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to provide assistance with check-in, baggage handling, and any other travel-related queries.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, Slave Lake Airport provides wheelchair assistance and other accessibility services. The airport also has designated parking spaces for disabled passengers, as well as accessible restrooms and other facilities.
In addition, Slave Lake Airport offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable. These include a café and gift shop, free Wi-Fi, and comfortable seating areas. Passengers can also take advantage of the airport’s car rental services, taxi stand, and shuttle bus service to nearby hotels and attractions. Overall, Slave Lake Airport is committed to providing exceptional traveler’s assistance services to ensure a stress-free and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Airport Café: Located in the main terminal, the Airport Café offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, snacks, and light meals.
2. The Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, the Gift Shop offers a selection of souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
3. The Newsstand: Located in the main terminal, the Newsstand offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, and books.
4. The Duty Free Shop: Located in the main terminal, the Duty Free Shop offers a selection of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
5. The Restaurant: Located in the main terminal, the Restaurant offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and beverages.
6. The Coffee Shop: Located in the main terminal, the Coffee Shop offers a selection of hot and cold beverages, snacks, and light meals.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Slave Lake Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of all faiths. These facilities are located in the main terminal building, on the second floor near the security checkpoint. The prayer rooms provide a calm and respectful atmosphere, with plenty of space for prayer and meditation. There is also a designated worship area with comfortable seating and a quiet atmosphere. All travelers are welcome to visit and use these facilities. The prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Slave Lake Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the airport terminal and provides a reliable and fast internet connection.
In addition to WiFi, the airport also provides workspace facilities for business travelers. The airport’s business center is equipped with comfortable seating, workstations, and power outlets for charging electronic devices. The center also features a printer, scanner, and copier for business needs.
Passengers can take advantage of the airport’s comfortable seating areas, which are ideal for working or relaxing before a flight. The airport also has a café where passengers can grab a coffee or snack while they work or wait for their flight.
Overall, Slave Lake Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
- Keg’s Lounge at Slave Lake Airport – Located on the second floor of the airport, Keg’s Lounge offers a variety of drinks and snacks for travelers, and is open daily from 8am to 10pm.
- The Hanger Bar & Grill at Slave Lake Airport – Located on the first floor of the airport, The Hanger Bar & Grill offers a full-service restaurant and bar and is open daily from 6am to 11pm.
- The Hideaway Café at Slave Lake Airport – Located in the main terminal of the airport, The Hideaway Café offers a selection of hot and cold beverages and light snacks, and is open daily from 6am to 11pm.
Accomodation Options Nearby Slave Lake Airport
1. Comfort Inn & Suites Slave Lake: Located just a few minutes away from Slave Lake Airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, a fitness centre, and a business centre.
2. Slave Lake Inn & Suites: This hotel is conveniently located near the airport and offers a variety of room types, from standard rooms to suites. Guests can enjoy amenities such as a heated pool, a hot tub, and a complimentary breakfast.
3. Best Western Plus Sawridge Inn & Conference Centre: This hotel is located in the heart of Slave Lake and offers a variety of room types, from standard rooms to suites. Guests can enjoy amenities such as a fitness centre, a business centre, and a complimentary breakfast.
4. Lakeside Motor Inn: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a variety of room types, from standard rooms to suites. Guests can enjoy amenities such as a heated pool, a hot tub, and a complimentary breakfast.
5. Slave Lake Lodge & Conference Centre: This hotel is located in the heart of Slave Lake and offers a variety of room types, from standard rooms to suites. Guests can enjoy amenities such as a fitness centre, a business centre, and a complimentary breakfast.
1. Lesser Slave Lake: Located just a few minutes away from Slave Lake Airport, Lesser Slave Lake is a popular destination for fishing, boating, and swimming. The lake is also home to a variety of wildlife, including moose, bears, and bald eagles.
2. Devonshire Beach: This beautiful sandy beach is located on the shores of Lesser Slave Lake and is a great spot for picnicking, sunbathing, and swimming. The beach also has a playground, picnic tables, and washroom facilities.
3. Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation: This unique facility is dedicated to the conservation of boreal birds and their habitats. Visitors can take guided tours, attend workshops, and learn about the importance of protecting these species.
4. Northern Lights Aquatic Centre: This indoor water park is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The facility features a wave pool, water slides, and a hot tub.
5. Slave Lake and District Chamber of Commerce: This organization provides information on local businesses, events, and attractions. Visitors can stop by the office to pick up brochures and maps of the area.
6. Gilwood Golf and Country Club: This 18-hole golf course is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers stunning views of Lesser Slave Lake. The course is open to the public and offers a challenging round of golf for players of all skill levels.
7. Slave Lake Provincial Park: This park is located just a short drive from the airport and offers camping, hiking, and fishing opportunities. The park is also home to a variety of wildlife, including black bears, moose, and beavers.
8. Northern Lights Regional Health Centre: This hospital provides medical services to the residents of Slave Lake and the surrounding area. Visitors can access emergency services and medical care if needed.
History of Slave Lake Airport
Slave Lake Airport is a regional airport located in the town of Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada. The airport has a rich history dating back to the 1940s when it was first established as a small airfield. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to become the modern facility it is today.
In the early days, the airport was primarily used for bush flying and aerial firefighting operations. However, with the growth of the town and the surrounding region, the airport began to play a more significant role in regional transportation. Today, the airport serves as a vital hub for commercial and private aviation, providing access to the town and the surrounding area.
In recent years, the airport has undergone significant upgrades, including the construction of a new terminal building, runway expansion, and the installation of modern navigation and communication systems. These improvements have helped to enhance the safety and efficiency of the airport, making it a more attractive destination for both commercial and private aviation. Overall, Slave Lake Airport has a proud history and continues to play a vital role in the economic and social development of the region.
Other Airports in Alberta, Canada
- Bonnyville Airport
- Calgary / Springbank Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- CFB Cold Lake
- Edmonton International Airport
- Edson Airport
- Fort Chipewyan Airport
- Fort McMurray Airport
- Grande Prairie Airport
- High Level Airport
- Lethbridge County Airport
- Lloydminster Airport
- Medicine Hat Regional Airport
- Peace River Airport
- Pincher Creek Airport
- Rainbow Lake Airport
- Red Deer Regional Airport
- Slave Lake Airport
- Whitecourt Airport