Smithers Airport is a regional airport located in the town of Smithers, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Bulkley Valley and the surrounding area, providing both commercial and general aviation services. The airport is operated by the Smithers Regional Airport Authority and is an important transportation hub for the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Smithers Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Smithers Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Smithers Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Smithers Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Smithers Airport
Smithers Airport is located in British Columbia, Canada. To get to Smithers Airport, there are a few options available.
If you are driving, the airport is located approximately 5 kilometers east of Smithers on Highway 16. There is ample parking available at the airport, and it is free of charge.
If you are taking public transportation, there are a few options available. The Smithers Regional Transit System offers a bus service that runs from Smithers to the airport. The bus runs on a regular schedule, and the fare is affordable.
If you are taking a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Smithers that offer transportation to the airport. The fare will depend on the distance traveled and the time of day.
Overall, getting to Smithers Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you are driving, taking public transportation, or a taxi, there are plenty of options available to get you to your destination.
Smithers Airport is a small regional airport located in British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport. Here are some of the most popular transportation options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination in Smithers or the surrounding area. The taxi stand is located just outside the terminal building, and fares are based on a metered rate.
2. Shuttle Service: Several shuttle services operate in the Smithers area and offer transportation to and from the airport. These services are often more affordable than taxis and can be booked in advance.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Budget, Enterprise, and National. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the area or need transportation during your stay.
4. Public Transportation: The Smithers Regional Transit System operates several bus routes in the area, including a route that stops at the airport. This is a great option for budget-conscious travelers, but be sure to check the schedule in advance.
5. Private Car Service: If you prefer a more luxurious transportation option, private car services are available in the Smithers area. These services offer a comfortable and convenient way to travel to and from the airport.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Smithers Airport is easy and convenient. With several options available, you can choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.
Smithers Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it a convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The first 30 minutes of parking are free, and the hourly rate is $2.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The daily rate for long-term parking is $10, and the weekly rate is $60.
3. Overflow parking: During peak travel times, overflow parking is available in a designated area near the airport. This parking area is located just a short shuttle ride from the terminal building and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
4. Disabled parking: Designated disabled parking spaces are available in both the short-term and long-term parking areas. These spaces are located close to the terminal building and are reserved for those with a valid disabled parking permit.
Overall, Smithers Airport offers a range of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to park for a few minutes or a few weeks, there is a parking option available to you.
Car Rental at Smithers Airport
Smithers Airport Terminals is a small airport located in the town of Smithers, British Columbia, Canada. The airport is owned and operated by the Smithers Regional Airport Authority and serves as a hub for regional airlines such as Central Mountain Air and Pacific Coastal Airlines. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights.
The domestic terminal at Smithers Airport is a modern facility that offers a range of amenities for passengers. The terminal has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and charging stations for electronic devices. There is also a café that serves a variety of snacks and beverages, as well as a gift shop where passengers can purchase souvenirs and travel essentials.
The international terminal at Smithers Airport is smaller than the domestic terminal but still offers a range of services for passengers. The terminal has a customs and immigration area, as well as a waiting area with seating and free Wi-Fi. There is also a café that serves a variety of snacks and beverages, as well as a duty-free shop where passengers can purchase tax-free goods before boarding their flight.
Overall, Smithers Airport Terminals is a well-maintained and efficient airport that provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers. The airport’s friendly staff and range of amenities make it a popular choice for travelers visiting the Smithers region of British Columbia.
- Air Canada Express operates daily flights to Edmonton, Fort McMurray and Calgary.
- Central Mountain Air offers flights to Prince George and Vancouver.
- WestJet provides service to Edmonton, Fort McMurray and Calgary.
- Passion Air flies to Fort St. John and Kelowna.
- North Cariboo Air operates to Fort Nelson and Prince George.
Smithers Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. All passengers are required to go through a security screening process before boarding their flight. This includes passing through a metal detector and having their carry-on luggage scanned. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, will be confiscated.
In addition to the standard security screening, Smithers Airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport and its surroundings. They are trained to identify and respond to any potential security threats, and work closely with local law enforcement agencies to maintain a safe environment.
Smithers Airport also has strict access control measures in place. Only authorized personnel are allowed in certain areas of the airport, and all employees and contractors are required to undergo background checks before being granted access. This helps to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive areas and ensures that only those who need to be there are allowed in.
Overall, Smithers Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By implementing these measures, the airport is able to minimize the risk of security threats and ensure that everyone who passes through its doors can do so with confidence.
Smithers Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service designed to provide support and assistance to travelers passing through Smithers Airport. The service is available to all passengers, regardless of their destination or airline. The goal of the service is to make the travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible for passengers.
The Traveler’s Assistance team is made up of trained professionals who are knowledgeable about the airport and the surrounding area. They are available to answer questions, provide directions, and offer assistance with a variety of tasks, such as baggage handling and wheelchair assistance. They can also provide information about local attractions and services, such as hotels, restaurants, and transportation options.
The Traveler’s Assistance team is available at all times during airport operating hours, and can be reached by phone or in person. The service is free of charge, and is designed to provide a high level of customer service to all passengers passing through Smithers Airport. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a seasoned pro, the Traveler’s Assistance team is there to help make your travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Smithers Airport Café: Enjoy a variety of hot and cold beverages, snacks, and light meals.
2. Smithers Airport Gift Shop: Pick up souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
3. Smithers Airport Newsstand: Get your daily newspaper and other reading materials.
4. Smithers Airport Duty Free Shop: Shop for a variety of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
5. Smithers Airport Bar and Grill: Enjoy a variety of pub-style meals and drinks.
6. Smithers Airport Bookstore: Pick up books, magazines, and other reading materials.
7. Smithers Airport Pharmacy: Get your prescription medications and other health and beauty products.
8. Smithers Airport Travel Store: Shop for travel accessories, such as luggage, maps, and guidebooks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Smithers Airport, also known as Smithers Regional Airport, is a small airport located in British Columbia, Canada. The airport provides a peaceful and comfortable environment for travelers, including those who wish to pray or worship. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Smithers Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure lounge. It is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is a small chapel that provides a space for Christian worship and prayer.
3. Outdoor Prayer Area – The Outdoor Prayer Area is located outside the terminal building, near the parking lot. It is a peaceful and serene space where travelers can pray or meditate in nature.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open to travelers of all faiths and are designed to provide a peaceful and comfortable environment for prayer and worship. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, you can find a quiet space to reflect and connect with your faith at Smithers Airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Smithers Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Here are some of the amenities available:
1. Free WiFi: Smithers Airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails or browse the web.
2. Charging stations: There are several charging stations located throughout the airport, so passengers can charge their devices and stay connected.
3. Workstations: The airport has a dedicated workspace area with desks and chairs, providing a quiet and comfortable environment for passengers who need to work or study.
4. Printing and scanning: Passengers can print or scan documents at the airport’s business center, which is equipped with printers, scanners, and copiers.
5. Conference rooms: For business travelers, Smithers Airport offers conference rooms that can be rented by the hour or day. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 10 people.
6. Lounge area: The airport has a comfortable lounge area with sofas and armchairs, where passengers can relax and unwind before their flights.
Overall, Smithers Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights.
- The Plaza Premium Lounge at Smithers Airport (YYD) is located in the Arrivals Hall of the airport.
- The Escape Lounge at Smithers Airport (YYD) is located in the Departures Hall of the airport.
- The Executive Lounge at Smithers Airport (YYD) is located on the first level of the airport.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Smithers Airport (YYD) is located in the Departures Hall of the airport, near Gate 3.
Accomodation Options Nearby Smithers Airport
1. Smithers Inn: Located just a short walk from the airport, Smithers Inn offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour front desk, and a complimentary continental breakfast.
2. Best Western Plus Smithers Hotel: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers modern rooms with free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant.
3. Super 8 Smithers: Located a short drive from the airport, Super 8 Smithers offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour front desk, and a complimentary continental breakfast.
4. Smithers Bed & Breakfast: This cozy bed and breakfast is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a shared lounge, and a complimentary continental breakfast.
5. Smithers Motel: Located a short drive from the airport, Smithers Motel offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour front desk, and a complimentary continental breakfast.
1. Hudson Bay Mountain: This popular ski resort is located just 20 minutes away from Smithers Airport. It offers a range of winter activities, including skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing.
2. Bulkley Valley Museum: Located in the heart of Smithers, this museum showcases the history and culture of the Bulkley Valley region. Visitors can learn about the area’s First Nations heritage, early settlers, and local industries.
3. Babine Mountains Provincial Park: This wilderness park is located about an hour’s drive from Smithers Airport. It offers hiking trails, fishing opportunities, and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
4. Tyhee Lake Provincial Park: This park is located just 10 minutes from Smithers Airport and offers a range of outdoor activities, including swimming, boating, and fishing. There are also several hiking trails in the area.
5. Smithers Golf and Country Club: This 18-hole golf course is located just a few minutes from Smithers Airport. It offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is a popular destination for golfers of all skill levels.
6. Driftwood Canyon Provincial Park: This park is located about 30 minutes from Smithers Airport and is home to some of the best-preserved dinosaur tracks in North America. Visitors can take a guided tour of the area and learn about the region’s prehistoric past.
7. Telkwa Museum: This museum is located in the nearby town of Telkwa and showcases the history and culture of the area. Visitors can learn about the town’s First Nations heritage, early settlers, and local industries.
8. Moricetown Canyon: This scenic canyon is located about 45 minutes from Smithers Airport and is home to a traditional First Nations fishing site. Visitors can watch as fishermen catch salmon using traditional methods.
History of Smithers Airport
Smithers Airport is a regional airport located in Smithers, British Columbia, Canada. The airport was first established in 1928 as a small airstrip for bush planes. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to accommodate larger aircraft and increased passenger traffic.
In the 1950s, the airport was expanded to include a paved runway and a terminal building. This allowed for larger aircraft to land and increased the number of passengers that could be accommodated. In the 1980s, the airport underwent another expansion to include a new terminal building, additional parking, and improved runway lighting.
Today, Smithers Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, connecting passengers to destinations throughout British Columbia and beyond. The airport is home to several airlines, including Air Canada, Central Mountain Air, and Pacific Coastal Airlines. It also serves as a base for several charter and cargo airlines, as well as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Air Services. With its modern facilities and convenient location, Smithers Airport continues to play a vital role in the economic and social development of the region.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport