Southwest Florida International Airport is a major airport located in Fort Myers, Florida. It serves as a gateway to the popular tourist destinations of Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, and Naples. The airport offers a wide range of domestic and international flights, making it a convenient choice for travelers visiting the area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Southwest Florida International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Southwest Florida International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Southwest Florida International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Southwest Florida International Airport
- Other Airports in Florida, United States
How to Get to Southwest Florida International Airport
Southwest Florida International Airport is located in Fort Myers, Florida. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from Interstate 75. Take exit 128 and follow the signs to the airport. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that serve the airport. You can find them outside of the baggage claim area. The cost of a taxi ride will depend on your location and the time of day.
If you are using public transportation, LeeTran provides bus service to the airport. Route 50 serves the airport and runs every hour. The cost of a one-way fare is $1.50. You can purchase tickets at the airport or on the bus.
No matter how you choose to get to Southwest Florida International Airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to get there. The airport recommends arriving at least two hours before your flight to allow time for check-in and security screening.
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) is a major airport serving the Southwest Florida region, including Fort Myers, Naples, and Cape Coral. If you’re planning a trip to this area, it’s important to know your transportation options to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular transportation options available:
1. Rental Cars: There are several car rental companies located at the airport, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. You can easily rent a car and explore the area at your own pace.
2. Taxis: Taxis are available outside the baggage claim area of the airport. You can also use ride-hailing services like Uber and Lyft to get to your destination.
3. Shuttle Services: Several shuttle services operate from the airport, including SuperShuttle and Go Airport Shuttle. These services offer shared rides to and from the airport, which can be a cost-effective option if you’re traveling with a group.
4. Public Transportation: LeeTran, the local public transportation system, operates several bus routes that serve the airport. You can take the Route 50 bus to downtown Fort Myers or the Route 240 bus to Estero and Bonita Springs.
5. Limousine Services: If you’re looking for a more luxurious transportation option, you can hire a limousine service to pick you up from the airport. Several companies offer this service, including Naples Limousine and Transportation and A1 Limousine.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to get to your destination safely and efficiently from Southwest Florida International Airport.
Southwest Florida International Airport offers a variety of parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The hourly rate is $3, and the daily rate is $18.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period of time. The daily rate is $11, and the weekly rate is $66.
3. Garage Parking: This parking garage is located adjacent to the terminal building. It offers covered parking and is ideal for those who want to protect their vehicle from the elements. The hourly rate is $3, and the daily rate is $18.
4. Valet Parking: This service is located at the curbside of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The hourly rate is $3, and the daily rate is $25.
5. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located off-site and offers a shuttle service to the terminal building. It is ideal for those who want to save money on parking. The daily rate is $8, and the weekly rate is $48.
No matter which parking option you choose, Southwest Florida International Airport has you covered.
Car Rental at Southwest Florida International Airport
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) is a major airport located in Fort Myers, Florida. The airport has one main terminal building with three concourses, A, B, and C. The terminal is modern and spacious, with plenty of amenities and services for travelers.
Concourse A is primarily used by Delta Air Lines and its partners, while Concourse B is used by American Airlines and its partners. Concourse C is used by several airlines, including Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and JetBlue Airways. Each concourse has its own security checkpoint, so passengers can easily access their gates without having to walk through the entire terminal.
The terminal building at RSW offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including fast food restaurants, coffee shops, and gift shops. There are also several lounges available for travelers who want to relax before their flight. The airport also offers free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, as well as charging stations for electronic devices.
Overall, Southwest Florida International Airport is a modern and convenient airport with excellent facilities and services for travelers. Whether you are flying for business or pleasure, RSW is a great choice for your travel needs.
1. Air Canada
2. American Airlines
3. Delta Air Lines
4. Frontier Airlines
5. JetBlue Airways
6. Southwest Airlines
7. Spirit Airlines
8. Sun Country Airlines
9. United Airlines
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and employees. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal.
All passengers are required to pass through TSA security checkpoints before boarding their flights. These checkpoints include X-ray machines and metal detectors to screen passengers and their belongings. In addition, TSA officers may conduct additional screenings, such as pat-downs or full-body scans, if necessary.
RSW also employs a number of security measures behind the scenes. The airport has a state-of-the-art surveillance system that monitors all areas of the airport, including parking lots, terminals, and runways. The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who patrol the airport and respond to any security incidents.
Finally, RSW works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety and security of the airport. The airport has a dedicated police department that works in partnership with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and other agencies to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and employees.
Overall, Southwest Florida International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety of all who pass through its doors.
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) offers a variety of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Traveler’s Assistance Program provides a team of friendly and knowledgeable volunteers who are available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns they may have. These volunteers can be found throughout the airport, wearing bright yellow shirts and easily identifiable name tags.
In addition to the Traveler’s Assistance Program, RSW also offers a variety of other services to assist passengers with disabilities or special needs. These services include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated TSA PreCheck lane for expedited security screening, as well as a pet relief area for passengers traveling with pets.
For international travelers, RSW offers a Global Entry program, which allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. The airport also has a currency exchange service, as well as a variety of dining and shopping options to make the travel experience more enjoyable.
Overall, Southwest Florida International Airport’s Traveler’s Assistance Program and other services demonstrate the airport’s commitment to providing a positive and convenient travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Southwest Florida International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– CNBC News: This shop offers a wide range of magazines, newspapers, books, and snacks.
– Coastal News: This shop offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, books, and snacks.
– Discover SWFL: This shop offers a variety of souvenirs, gifts, and local products.
– Hudson: This shop offers a variety of travel essentials, such as electronics, snacks, and toiletries.
– Sunglass Hut: This shop offers a variety of sunglasses from popular brands.
– Dunkin’ Donuts: This restaurant offers a variety of coffee, donuts, and breakfast sandwiches.
– Jamba Juice: This restaurant offers a variety of smoothies, juices, and snacks.
– Nathan’s Famous: This restaurant offers a variety of hot dogs, burgers, and fries.
– Starbucks: This restaurant offers a variety of coffee, tea, and snacks.
– Wendy’s: This restaurant offers a variety of burgers, chicken sandwiches, and salads.
In addition to these options, there are also several bars and lounges available for those looking for a drink or a place to relax before their flight. Southwest Florida International Airport strives to provide a comfortable and convenient travel experience for all passengers.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Southwest Florida International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of these areas:
1. Chapel – Located on the second floor of the main terminal, near the escalators. The chapel is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for prayer and meditation. It is equipped with religious literature, prayer rugs, and a cross.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the main terminal, near the escalators. The prayer room is open 24/7 and is equipped with prayer rugs and a Qibla direction indicator.
3. Reflection Room – Located on the second floor of the main terminal, near the escalators. The reflection room is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for meditation and reflection. It is equipped with comfortable seating and a peaceful atmosphere.
4. Meditation Room – Located in Concourse D, near Gate D3. The meditation room is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for meditation and reflection. It is equipped with comfortable seating and a peaceful atmosphere.
5. Catholic Mass – Held every Sunday at 8:30 am in the Chapel.
Overall, Southwest Florida International Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the diverse religious needs of its passengers. These spaces offer a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers to practice their faith or seek a moment of quiet reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Southwest Florida International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The network is easy to access and offers fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers a variety of workspace options. There are several seating areas with power outlets and USB ports, as well as charging stations located throughout the terminal. Additionally, there are several business centers located in the airport that offer private workspaces, printing, and faxing services.
Lounges: For passengers who require a more private and comfortable workspace, the airport has several lounges available. These lounges offer comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and high-speed WiFi. Some lounges also offer additional amenities such as showers, conference rooms, and private workspaces.
Overall, Southwest Florida International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable.
The Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) offers passengers the chance to relax before their flight in one of several lounges. Here are the options and their locations:
- Club RSW – Located on the second level of the Main Terminal, between gates 13-17
- Paradies Lagardere Travel Retail – Located on the second level of the Main Terminal, near gate 11
- United Club – Located on the third level of the Main Terminal, near gate 24
- Delta Sky Club – Located on the third level of the Main Terminal, near gate 20
Accomodation Options Nearby Southwest Florida International Airport
Southwest Florida International Airport offers a range of convenient accommodation options to cater to various budgets and preferences. Whether you’re seeking affordable lodgings or luxurious amenities, you’ll find something to suit your needs. Let’s explore the diverse accommodations available at the airport.
1. Budget-friendly Hotels:
– Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott: This hotel offers comfortable and reasonably priced rooms, perfect for travelers on a tight budget. It provides free airport shuttle services and includes complimentary breakfast.
– Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham: A budget-friendly option with clean and comfortable rooms, this hotel features a pool, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary breakfast, ensuring a pleasant stay without breaking the bank.
2. Mid-range Hotels:
– Homewood Suites by Hilton: This all-suite hotel provides spacious rooms with kitchenettes, making it an ideal choice for extended stays. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, evening socials, and a range of amenities like a fitness center, pool, and free airport shuttle.
– Drury Inn & Suites Fort Myers Airport FGCU: Offering affordable rates, this hotel features clean and comfortable rooms. Guests can enjoy a hot breakfast, evening food and beverage receptions, and access to amenities such as a pool, fitness center, and airport shuttle.
3. Upscale Hotels:
– Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport/FGCU: This upscale hotel boasts stylish rooms, modern amenities, and a welcoming atmosphere. Enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast, onsite restaurant, fitness center, pool, and complimentary airport shuttle service.
– Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum: Featuring spacious rooms with plush beds, this hotel offers upscale comforts. Take advantage of the 24-hour menu, outdoor pool, 24/7 gym, complimentary breakfast, and convenient airport shuttle services.
4. Luxury Resorts:
– The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village: This luxurious waterfront resort is located nearby and offers stunning riverfront views, elegant rooms, and numerous activities. Pamper yourself with spa services, relax by the pool, or enjoy a meal at one of the onsite restaurants.
– Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa: Situated on a private peninsula, this lavish resort boasts spacious rooms, a full-service spa, private beach, multiple pools, and several dining options. Indulge in ultimate relaxation while soaking in breathtaking views.
From budget-conscious hotels to high-end resorts, Southwest Florida International Airport provides a range of accommodation options to cater to every traveler’s needs. Whether you’re seeking affordability, convenience, or luxury, you’ll find suitable accommodations just moments away from the airport.
1. The Edison and Ford Winter Estates – Located just a few miles from Southwest Florida International Airport, this historical site offers a glimpse into the lives of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. Visitors can explore their winter homes, beautiful gardens, and see their extensive collections.
2. Sanibel and Captiva Islands – These barrier islands, a short drive from the airport, are famous for their shell-covered beaches and abundant wildlife. Visitors can enjoy swimming, shelling, biking, and kayaking in the pristine natural surroundings.
3. Gulf Coast Town Center – Shopaholics will enjoy this outdoor mall conveniently located near the airport. With a wide range of stores, restaurants, entertainment venues, and a movie theater, it offers something for everyone.
4. JetBlue Park – This state-of-the-art baseball stadium is the spring training home of the Boston Red Sox. Baseball fans can catch a game or take a guided tour of the facility, which showcases the team’s storied history.
5. Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium – Perfect for nature enthusiasts, this educational attraction is just a short drive from the airport. Visitors can explore nature trails, see native wildlife exhibits, learn about the Calusa Indians, and enjoy captivating planetarium shows.
6. Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve – Situated near the airport, this 3,500-acre wetland sanctuary offers stunning scenic views and opportunities for wildlife spotting. Walk along the elevated boardwalks to observe alligators, birds, and other native species in their natural habitat.
7. Hertz Arena (formerly Germain Arena) – Catch a live sporting event or concert at this multipurpose venue, located near the airport. From hockey games to music concerts, there is always something exciting happening here.
8. Zoomers Amusement Park – Just a short drive from the airport, this family-friendly amusement park offers a variety of attractions, including go-karts, mini-golf, arcade games, and thrilling rides.
9. Bell Tower Shops – This open-air shopping center near the airport features a unique blend of upscale boutiques, restaurants, and a movie theater. It is a popular spot for shopping, dining, and entertainment.
10. Koreshan State Park – Explore the history of the utopian Koreshan Unity Settlement at this scenic state park, located a short drive from the airport. Visitors can hike through nature trails, picnic, fish, and learn about this fascinating historical community.
These attractions near Southwest Florida International Airport offer a diverse range of experiences, from historical sites and natural preserves to shopping and family-friendly entertainment. Whether you have a few hours or a whole day, there is plenty to explore and enjoy in this vibrant region.
History of Southwest Florida International Airport
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) is a public airport located in Fort Myers, Florida. The airport was first opened in 1983 and has since become one of the busiest airports in the state of Florida. The airport is owned and operated by the Lee County Port Authority and serves as a hub for several major airlines, including Delta, American, and Southwest.
The airport was originally built to replace the outdated Page Field airport, which was located in the heart of Fort Myers. The new airport was designed to accommodate the growing number of tourists and residents in the area and to provide a more modern and efficient airport experience. The airport’s first terminal building was completed in 1983, and since then, the airport has undergone several expansions and renovations to keep up with the increasing demand for air travel.
Today, Southwest Florida International Airport is a major economic driver for the region, generating billions of dollars in economic activity and supporting thousands of jobs. The airport serves millions of passengers each year and offers a wide range of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and lounges. With its convenient location and modern facilities, Southwest Florida International Airport is a vital transportation hub for the entire Southwest Florida region.
Other Airports in Florida, United States
- Bob Sikes Airport
- Cape Canaveral AFS Skid Strip
- Charlotte County Airport
- Daytona Beach International Airport
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport
- Duke Field
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Gainesville Regional Airport
- Homestead ARB Airport
- Hurlburt Field
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport
- Jacksonville International Airport
- Jacksonville Naval Air Station (Towers Field)
- Key West International Airport
- Kissimmee Gateway Airport
- Lakeland Linder International Airport
- Leesburg International Airport
- Mac Dill Air Force Base
- Melbourne Orlando International Airport
- Miami Executive Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport
- Naples Municipal Airport
- NASA Shuttle Landing Facility Airport
- Naval Air Station Key West/Boca Chica Field
- Naval Air Station Pensacola Forrest Sherman Field
- Naval Station Mayport (Admiral David L. Mcdonald Field)
- Northeast Florida Regional Airport
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Page Field
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Patrick Air Force Base
- Pensacola International Airport
- Sarasota Bradenton International Airport
- Southwest Florida International Airport
- Space Coast Regional Airport
- St Lucie County International Airport
- St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport
- Tallahassee Regional Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- The Florida Keys Marathon Airport
- Tyndall Air Force Base
- Vero Beach Regional Airport
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station – North
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station South Airport