St. Anthony Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of St. Anthony, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It serves as a vital transportation hub for the region, connecting residents and visitors to other parts of the province and beyond.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to St. Anthony Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at St. Anthony Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby St. Anthony Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of St. Anthony Airport
- Other Airports in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
How to Get to St. Anthony Airport
St. Anthony Airport is located in the town of St. Anthony, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The airport is accessible by car, taxi, or shuttle bus. If you are driving, take Route 430 to St. Anthony and follow the signs to the airport. The airport is located approximately 5 kilometers from the town center.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in St. Anthony that offer airport transportation services. You can book a taxi in advance or simply hail one on the street. The ride from the town center to the airport takes about 10 minutes and costs around $20.
Another option is to take a shuttle bus. The airport shuttle service is provided by Viking Trail Coachlines and operates on a scheduled basis. The shuttle picks up passengers from various locations in St. Anthony and takes them directly to the airport. The cost of the shuttle service is around $10 per person.
In summary, getting to St. Anthony Airport is easy and convenient. You can drive, take a taxi, or use the shuttle bus service. Whichever option you choose, you can expect a hassle-free journey to the airport.
St. Anthony Airport is a small airport located in St. Anthony, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination in St. Anthony or surrounding areas. The fare is metered and varies depending on the distance traveled.
2. Rental Cars: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Budget, Enterprise, and National. Renting a car is a convenient option for those who want to explore the area on their own.
3. Shuttle Service: Some hotels and tour operators offer shuttle service to and from the airport. This is a convenient option for travelers who have pre-booked their accommodations or activities.
4. Public Transportation: The local bus service, called the Straits-White Bay North Transit System, operates in the area and has a stop at the airport. However, the schedule is limited, so it may not be the most convenient option.
5. Private Car Service: Private car services, such as Uber or Lyft, are not available in St. Anthony. However, there are local companies that offer private car service for a fee.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it is important to plan ahead and make arrangements in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
St. Anthony Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who need to park for a short period of time. The hourly rate for short-term parking is reasonable, and there is no maximum time limit.
2. Long-term parking: For those who need to park for an extended period, the airport offers a long-term parking lot. This lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and offers a daily rate that is more affordable than short-term parking.
3. Economy parking: The economy parking lot is the most affordable option for those who need to park for an extended period. This lot is located a bit further from the terminal building, but a shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the airport.
4. Valet parking: For those who want the ultimate convenience, valet parking is available at St. Anthony Airport. This service allows passengers to drop off their car at the terminal building and have it parked for them. When they return, their car will be waiting for them at the terminal.
Overall, St. Anthony Airport offers a range of parking options to suit the needs and budgets of all travelers. Whether you need to park for a few hours or a few weeks, there is a parking option that will work for you.
Car Rental at St. Anthony Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
St. Anthony Airport Terminals is a small airport located in the town of St. Anthony, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is equipped with modern facilities and amenities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
The terminal building at St. Anthony Airport is designed to handle a moderate amount of passenger traffic. It has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating, a restaurant, and a gift shop. The airport also provides free Wi-Fi access to passengers, making it easy for them to stay connected with their loved ones or work while waiting for their flight.
St. Anthony Airport Terminals is served by a few airlines that operate flights to and from major Canadian cities such as Halifax and St. John’s. The airport is also a popular gateway for tourists visiting the nearby L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is home to the remains of a Viking settlement. Overall, St. Anthony Airport Terminals is a convenient and efficient airport that provides essential air services to the local community and visitors to the area.
- Air Canada Express operates daily flights to Calgary and Toronto.
- WestJet operates daily flights to Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
- Sunwing Airlines operates seasonal flights to Cancun and Punta Cana.
- Air North operates daily flights to Whitehorse and Yellowknife.
- Kivalliq Air operates seasonal flights to Rankin Inlet.
St. Anthony Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. To achieve this, the airport has implemented a range of security protocols that are designed to detect and prevent potential threats.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes x-ray machines and metal detectors, which are used to scan carry-on luggage and personal items. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the metal detector.
In addition to these measures, St. Anthony Airport also employs trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any potential threats. These personnel are trained to identify suspicious behavior and to take appropriate action to ensure the safety of everyone at the airport.
Overall, St. Anthony Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By implementing these measures, the airport is able to minimize the risk of potential threats and ensure that everyone can travel with peace of mind.
St. Anthony Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service designed to help travelers navigate through the airport with ease. The service is available to all passengers, regardless of their age or physical ability. The assistance is provided by trained staff who are knowledgeable about the airport’s layout and procedures.
The service includes a range of assistance options, such as wheelchair assistance, escort services, and baggage handling. Passengers can request assistance at any point during their journey, from check-in to boarding. The staff will ensure that the passenger is comfortable and has everything they need to make their journey as smooth as possible.
St. Anthony Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a valuable service for anyone who needs extra support when traveling. It can be particularly helpful for elderly passengers, those with disabilities, or families with young children. The service is available 24/7, and passengers can request assistance in advance or on the day of travel. Overall, St. Anthony Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a reliable and convenient service that can make traveling a stress-free experience.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Airport Cafe: This cozy cafe offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, and snacks.
2. The Gift Shop: Find souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks here.
3. The Newsstand: Pick up newspapers, magazines, and snacks here.
4. The Duty-Free Shop: Shop for duty-free items such as liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
5. The Restaurant: Enjoy a full-service restaurant with a variety of hot and cold dishes.
6. The Bar: Relax with a drink at the bar.
7. The Coffee Shop: Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and a snack.
8. The Deli: Get a quick bite to eat at the deli.
9. The Bookstore: Pick up books, magazines, and other reading materials.
10. The Gift Shop: Find unique gifts and souvenirs here.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
St. Anthony Airport provides prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of travelers who wish to practice their faith during their journey. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Christian Prayer Room – located near the airport’s main entrance, this room is open to all Christian denominations and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – located near the departure gates, this room is designated for Muslim travelers and provides a space for prayer and ablution.
3. Multi-Faith Chapel – located on the second floor of the airport terminal, this chapel is open to all faiths and provides a space for prayer and meditation.
All of these facilities are open 24/7 and are maintained by the airport staff to ensure cleanliness and comfort for all users. Travelers are encouraged to make use of these facilities and respect the religious practices of others who may be using them at the same time.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
St. Anthony Airport offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Here are the details:
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building. Passengers can connect to the network by selecting “St. Anthony Airport” from the list of available networks on their devices. The WiFi is fast and reliable, allowing travelers to browse the web, check emails, and stream videos without any interruptions.
Workspace: For those who need to work on their laptops or other devices, St. Anthony Airport has a designated workspace area with comfortable seating and ample power outlets. The workspace is located near the gate area, making it easy for passengers to keep an eye on their boarding time while getting work done.
In addition to the workspace area, the airport also has a business center with printing, scanning, and faxing services available for a fee. This is a great option for travelers who need to print out important documents or send a fax before their flight.
Overall, St. Anthony Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are top-notch, providing travelers with the tools they need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
- Escape Lounge – Located in the main terminal at St. Anthony Airport.
- First Class Lounge – Located in the main terminal at St. Anthony Airport.
- Business Class Lounge – Located in the main terminal at St. Anthony Airport.
- VIP Lounge – Located in the main terminal at St. Anthony Airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby St. Anthony Airport
1. The St. Anthony Airport Hotel: Located just steps away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a lounge.
2. The St. Anthony Airport Inn: This inn is located near the airport and offers a variety of rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and lounge.
3. The St. Anthony Airport Motel: This motel is located close to the airport and offers basic amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and cable TV.
4. The St. Anthony Airport Hostel: This hostel is located near the airport and offers dorm-style rooms, as well as a communal kitchen and lounge area.
5. The St. Anthony Airport Bed & Breakfast: This bed & breakfast is located near the airport and offers cozy rooms, a restaurant, and a lounge.
St. Anthony Airport is located in the northern region of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. This area is known for its breathtaking natural beauty and unique cultural experiences. Here are some of the top attractions near St. Anthony Airport:
1. L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is the only known Viking settlement in North America. Visitors can explore the reconstructed Norse buildings and learn about the Viking way of life.
2. Grenfell Historic Properties: This museum complex tells the story of Sir Wilfred Grenfell, a medical missionary who dedicated his life to improving the health and well-being of the people of Newfoundland and Labrador.
3. Iceberg and Whale Watching Tours: The waters off the coast of St. Anthony are home to a variety of marine life, including humpback whales and massive icebergs. Visitors can take a boat tour to see these natural wonders up close.
4. Viking Trail: This scenic drive takes visitors through some of the most stunning landscapes in Newfoundland and Labrador, including Gros Morne National Park and the Tablelands.
5. St. Anthony Bight Beach: This beautiful sandy beach is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. It also offers stunning views of the surrounding coastline.
6. Fishing and Hunting: The area around St. Anthony is a popular destination for fishing and hunting enthusiasts. Visitors can try their luck at catching salmon, trout, or arctic char, or go hunting for moose or caribou.
7. Northern Lights Viewing: St. Anthony is located in one of the best places in the world to see the Northern Lights. Visitors can take a guided tour to see this spectacular natural phenomenon in all its glory.
History of St. Anthony Airport
St. Anthony Airport is a small airport located in the town of St. Anthony, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The airport was first established in the 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was turned over to the Canadian government and became a civilian airport.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2008, a new terminal building was constructed to replace the old one, which had become outdated and inadequate. The new terminal features modern amenities such as a restaurant, gift shop, and free Wi-Fi.
Today, St. Anthony Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, providing essential air services to the local community and connecting them to other parts of Newfoundland and Labrador. The airport is also a popular destination for tourists, who come to explore the rugged beauty of the surrounding landscape and experience the unique culture and history of the area. With its rich history and ongoing commitment to excellence, St. Anthony Airport is a vital part of the region’s infrastructure and a source of pride for the local community.
Other Airports in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Cartwright Airport
- Gander International Airport
- Goose Bay Airport
- Hopedale Airport
- Makkovik Airport
- Mary’s Harbour Airport
- Nain Airport
- St. Anthony Airport
- St. John’s International Airport
- Stephenville Airport
- Wabush Airport