St Georges Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of St Georges, Utah. It serves as a gateway to the beautiful Zion National Park and the surrounding area.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to St Georges Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at St Georges Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby St Georges Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of St Georges Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to St Georges Airport
St Georges Airport is located on the island of Grenada in the Caribbean. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your starting point.
If you are coming from the capital city of St. George’s, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey to the airport takes around 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.
If you are staying in one of the island’s resorts, many offer shuttle services to the airport for their guests. Check with your hotel to see if this is an option.
If you are driving yourself, the airport is located on the eastern side of the island, just off the Maurice Bishop Highway. There is ample parking available at the airport for both short and long-term stays.
Finally, if you are arriving on the island by boat, there are several ferry services that operate between St. George’s and other Caribbean islands. From the ferry terminal, it is a short taxi ride to the airport.
Overall, getting to St Georges Airport is relatively straightforward, with several options available depending on your circumstances.
St. George’s Airport, also known as Maurice Bishop International Airport, is the main airport serving the island of Grenada. There are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at the airport.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They are a convenient and reliable way to get to your destination. Fares are regulated by the government, and rates are posted at the airport.
2. Rental Cars: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport. Renting a car is a great option if you plan to explore the island on your own. You can book a car in advance or at the airport.
3. Airport Shuttle: Some hotels and resorts offer airport shuttle services for their guests. Check with your hotel to see if they provide this service.
4. Public Transportation: Public buses are available outside the airport terminal. They are a cheap option, but they can be crowded and slow. The buses run on a fixed schedule, so it’s important to check the timetable beforehand.
5. Private Transfers: Private transfer services are available for those who want a more comfortable and personalized experience. These services can be booked in advance and will take you directly to your destination.
No matter which transportation option you choose, be sure to plan ahead and book in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey.
St Georges Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Here are the different car parking options available at St Georges Airport and where they are located:
1. Short-term parking: This car park is located just a short walk from the terminal building, making it ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The short-term car park is open 24 hours a day and charges are based on the length of stay.
2. Long-term parking: This car park is located a little further away from the terminal building, but a free shuttle bus service is available to take passengers to and from the airport. The long-term car park is ideal for those who are going away for a longer period of time and charges are based on the length of stay.
3. Premium parking: This car park is located closest to the terminal building and offers the most convenient parking option for travelers. Premium parking spaces are wider and offer more space for passengers to load and unload their luggage. Charges for premium parking are higher than other car parks.
4. Valet parking: This is the most convenient parking option available at St Georges Airport. Passengers can drop off their car at the terminal building and a valet will park it for them. When they return, their car will be waiting for them at the terminal building. Charges for valet parking are higher than other car parks.
All car parks at St Georges Airport are secure and monitored 24 hours a day to ensure the safety of passengers’ vehicles.
Car Rental at St Georges Airport
- Ace Rent a Car
St Georges Airport is a small airport located in the Caribbean island of Grenada. The airport has one terminal building which serves both international and domestic flights. The terminal is modern and well-maintained, with a range of facilities to make passengers’ journeys as comfortable as possible.
Inside the terminal, passengers will find a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes. There are also duty-free shops where passengers can purchase items such as alcohol, tobacco, and perfumes at tax-free prices. The airport also has a currency exchange desk, ATMs, and a post office.
Passengers can access free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal building, and there are charging points for electronic devices. The airport also has a VIP lounge, which offers a more exclusive and comfortable experience for passengers who are willing to pay for it.
Overall, St Georges Airport Terminal provides a pleasant and efficient experience for passengers travelling to and from Grenada. The facilities are modern and well-maintained, and the airport staff are friendly and helpful.
- British Airways: Offers direct flights to London Heathrow and Manchester.
- Air France: Offers direct flights to Paris Charles de Gaulle.
- KLM: Offers direct flights to Amsterdam Schiphol.
- Aer Lingus: Offers direct flights to Dublin.
- EasyJet: Offers direct flights to London Gatwick, Bristol and Manchester.
- Loganair: Offers direct flights to Birmingham and London Stansted.
- Flybe: Offers direct flights to Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester.
- Blue Islands: Offers direct flights to Jersey, Guernsey and Southampton.
St Georges Airport has a robust security protocol in place to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. The airport adheres to strict guidelines set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to maintain the highest level of security standards.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before entering the boarding area. This checkpoint includes a metal detector and X-ray machine to scan carry-on luggage. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the metal detector.
In addition to the standard security measures, St Georges Airport also employs a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport premises and conduct random bag checks. The airport also has a canine unit that is trained to detect explosives and other dangerous materials.
Overall, St Georges Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early to allow sufficient time for the security screening process.
St Georges Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that is designed to help travelers navigate through the airport with ease. The service is available to all passengers, regardless of their age or physical ability. The assistance is provided by trained professionals who are knowledgeable about the airport and its facilities.
The service includes a range of assistance, such as wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and escorting passengers to their gate. The service is available 24/7, and passengers can request assistance at any time. The service is particularly helpful for passengers who are traveling with children, elderly passengers, or passengers with disabilities.
To request assistance, passengers can contact the airport’s customer service desk or make a request online when booking their flight. The service is free of charge, and passengers are encouraged to request assistance in advance to ensure that their needs are met. Overall, St Georges Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a valuable service that helps to make air travel more accessible and comfortable for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. The Airport Bar & Grill: Located in the main terminal, this restaurant offers a range of classic American dishes, as well as a selection of beers and wines.
2. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: This popular coffee shop serves up a variety of specialty coffee drinks and freshly brewed teas.
3. The Burger Joint: Enjoy a juicy burger and fries at this fast-food restaurant.
4. The Duty Free Shop: Pick up a range of duty-free items such as cosmetics, fragrances, and spirits.
5. The Newsstand: Stock up on magazines, newspapers, snacks, and other travel essentials.
6. The Gift Shop: Pick up souvenirs and gifts for friends and family.
7. The Bookstore: Browse a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
8. The Electronics Store: Get the latest gadgets and accessories for your travels.
9. The Clothing Store: Find the perfect outfit for your trip.
10. The Shoe Store: Pick up a new pair of shoes for your travels.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
St. George’s Airport, also known as Maurice Bishop International Airport, has prayer rooms and worship areas available for passengers and visitors. These areas are located in the following places:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located on the ground floor of the terminal building, near the arrivals area. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
2. Christian Chapel – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure lounge. This chapel is dedicated to Christian worship and is open to all denominations.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure lounge. This room is designated for Muslim prayer and is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
4. Hindu Prayer Room – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure lounge. This room is designated for Hindu worship and is equipped with a shrine and prayer materials.
5. Jewish Prayer Room – located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the departure lounge. This room is designated for Jewish worship and is equipped with prayer books and a Torah.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24 hours a day and are free to use. They provide a peaceful and respectful environment for people of all faiths to practice their religion while traveling through St. George’s Airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
St Georges Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their friends, family, and work colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, and stream videos.
Workspace: For passengers who need to work while waiting for their flights, St Georges Airport offers a range of workspace facilities. There are several seating areas with power outlets, allowing passengers to charge their devices and work on their laptops or tablets. Additionally, the airport has a business lounge that provides a quiet and comfortable environment for business travelers. The lounge is equipped with desks, chairs, and high-speed internet access, making it an ideal place to work or hold meetings.
Overall, St Georges Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply stay connected with your loved ones, the airport has everything you need to make your journey as comfortable and productive as possible.
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Located in the departures area of the International Terminal
- Virgin Australia Lounge – Located in the departures area of the Domestic Terminal
- Qantas Club – Located in the departures area of the Domestic Terminal
- Gulf Air Falcon Gold Lounge – Located in the departures area of the International Terminal
- The Emirates Lounge – Located in the departures area of the International Terminal
Accomodation Options Nearby St Georges Airport
1. The St Georges Airport Hotel: Located just a short walk away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable and convenient accommodation for travelers.
2. The Airport Inn: This hotel is located within the airport itself and offers a range of rooms and suites to suit all budgets.
3. The Airport Apartments: These self-contained apartments are located within the airport grounds and offer a home-away-from-home experience.
4. The Airport Hostel: This budget-friendly accommodation option is located within the airport and offers basic but comfortable rooms.
5. The Airport Motel: This motel is located just a short drive away from the airport and offers a range of rooms and suites.
St Georges Airport is located in the beautiful island of Grenada, which is known for its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and vibrant culture. There are plenty of attractions near the airport that visitors can explore during their stay. Here are some of the top attractions:
1. Grand Anse Beach: This is one of the most popular beaches in Grenada and is located just a short drive from the airport. The beach is known for its crystal-clear waters, soft white sand, and stunning sunsets.
2. Fort Frederick: This historic fort is located on a hill overlooking the capital city of St. George’s. Visitors can explore the fort and enjoy panoramic views of the city and the surrounding hills.
3. Annandale Falls: This beautiful waterfall is located in a lush rainforest and is a popular spot for swimming and picnicking. Visitors can also take a short hike to the nearby Seven Sisters Falls.
4. Grenada National Museum: This museum is located in a historic building in St. George’s and showcases the island’s rich history and culture. Visitors can see artifacts from the island’s indigenous people, colonial period, and more recent history.
5. Belmont Estate: This working plantation offers visitors a chance to learn about Grenada’s agricultural heritage and sample some of the island’s famous chocolate. Visitors can take a tour of the estate and see how cocoa is grown and processed.
6. Underwater Sculpture Park: This unique attraction is located just off the coast of Grenada and features a collection of underwater sculptures that can be explored by snorkelers and divers.
7. La Sagesse Nature Center: This nature center is located on a secluded beach and offers visitors a chance to explore the island’s flora and fauna. Visitors can take a guided hike through the rainforest, go birdwatching, or simply relax on the beach.
Overall, St Georges Airport is a great starting point for exploring all that Grenada has to offer. Whether you’re interested in beaches, history, or nature, there’s something for everyone near the airport.
History of St Georges Airport
St Georges Airport is a small airport located in the town of St Georges, Grenada. The airport was originally built in the 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airfield was converted into a civilian airport and opened for commercial flights in 1959.
Over the years, St Georges Airport has undergone several renovations and upgrades to improve its facilities and services. In 1984, a new terminal building was constructed to accommodate the increasing number of passengers. In 2009, the airport underwent a major renovation project that included the expansion of the runway, the construction of a new control tower, and the installation of new navigational aids.
Today, St Georges Airport serves as the main gateway to Grenada, welcoming thousands of tourists and locals every year. The airport is serviced by several airlines, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and British Airways. Despite its small size, St Georges Airport is equipped with modern facilities and amenities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and car rental services. The airport also plays an important role in the local economy, providing employment opportunities and contributing to the growth of the tourism industry in Grenada.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport