St. Louis Lambert International Airport is a major airport located in St. Louis, Missouri, serving millions of passengers each year. It is the largest and busiest airport in the state of Missouri, with non-stop flights to over 80 destinations worldwide. The airport is known for its modern facilities, excellent customer service, and convenient location.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to St Louis Lambert International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at St Louis Lambert International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby St Louis Lambert International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of St Louis Lambert International Airport
- Other Airports in Missouri, United States
How to Get to St Louis Lambert International Airport
St. Louis Lambert International Airport is located approximately 14 miles northwest of downtown St. Louis, Missouri. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking public transportation, or using a ride-sharing service.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from Interstate 70 and Interstate 170. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as valet parking.
If you prefer to take public transportation, the MetroLink light rail system has a station at the airport. The Red Line runs from the airport to downtown St. Louis and other destinations throughout the city.
Alternatively, you can use a ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft to get to the airport. Simply request a ride and the driver will take you directly to the terminal.
No matter which method of transportation you choose, be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the airport, especially during peak travel times. It is recommended that you arrive at least two hours before your scheduled departure time to allow for check-in, security screening, and boarding.
St. Louis Lambert International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to meet the needs of travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available 24/7 at the airport. The taxi stand is located outside of the baggage claim area. The fare to downtown St. Louis is approximately $35.
2. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are both available at the airport. The pick-up location is located outside of the baggage claim area.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. The rental car center is located off-site and can be accessed by a free shuttle bus.
4. MetroLink: The MetroLink light rail system has a station at the airport. The fare to downtown St. Louis is $4.00. The station is located in Terminal 1, near the parking garage.
5. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
6. Private Car Services: Several private car services, such as GO BEST Express and St. Louis County & Yellow Cab, offer transportation to and from the airport.
No matter what your transportation needs are, St. Louis Lambert International Airport has options to make your travel experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
St. Louis Lambert International Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of travelers. Here are the different parking options available and where they are located:
1. Terminal 1 Garage: This parking garage is located directly across from Terminal 1 and offers covered parking for both short-term and long-term stays.
2. Terminal 2 Garage: This parking garage is located directly across from Terminal 2 and offers covered parking for both short-term and long-term stays.
3. Economy Parking Lot: This parking lot is located off of Lambert International Boulevard and offers uncovered parking for long-term stays. A complimentary shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the terminals.
4. Parking Lots A, B, and C: These parking lots are located off of Lambert International Boulevard and offer uncovered parking for both short-term and long-term stays. A complimentary shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the terminals.
5. Cell Phone Lot: This parking lot is located off of Lambert International Boulevard and is free for drivers waiting to pick up arriving passengers. Drivers must remain with their vehicles at all times.
No matter which parking option you choose, St. Louis Lambert International Airport provides safe and convenient parking for all travelers.
Car Rental at St Louis Lambert International Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
St Louis Lambert International Airport is a major airport located in St Louis, Missouri. The airport has two main terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the larger of the two terminals and serves most of the airlines that operate out of the airport. It has 59 gates and is divided into four concourses, A, B, C, and D. The terminal offers a variety of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and lounges.
Terminal 2 is smaller than Terminal 1 and serves a limited number of airlines. It has 22 gates and is divided into two concourses, E and F. The terminal offers a range of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and lounges. Both terminals are connected by a shuttle service that runs every 10 minutes.
St Louis Lambert International Airport is known for its efficient and well-maintained terminals. The airport has invested heavily in modernizing its facilities, including the terminals, to provide passengers with a comfortable and convenient travel experience. The terminals are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and flight information displays. Overall, St Louis Lambert International Airport’s terminals are a testament to the airport’s commitment to providing a world-class travel experience for its passengers.
1. Air Canada
2. Alaska Airlines
3. American Airlines
4. Cape Air
5. Delta Air Lines
6. Frontier Airlines
7. Southwest Airlines
8. Spirit Airlines
9. United Airlines
10. Xtra Airways
St Louis Lambert International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. These protocols include the use of advanced screening technologies, such as full-body scanners and explosive detection systems, to detect any potential threats.
In addition, the airport has a highly trained security team that is responsible for monitoring all areas of the airport, including the terminal, parking lots, and runways. The security team is equipped with the latest technology and tools to detect and respond to any security threats.
Passengers are also required to go through a thorough screening process before boarding their flights. This includes passing through metal detectors, having their carry-on bags scanned, and removing their shoes and belts for inspection. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, are confiscated and the passenger may face legal consequences.
Overall, St Louis Lambert International Airport takes security very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport works closely with local law enforcement agencies and federal authorities to ensure that all security protocols are up-to-date and effective.
St Louis Lambert International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. These services include wheelchair assistance, language interpretation, and special assistance for travelers with disabilities.
Passengers who require wheelchair assistance can request it at the time of booking or upon arrival at the airport. The airport provides both manual and electric wheelchairs, and trained staff are available to assist passengers with boarding and disembarking from their flights.
For non-English speaking passengers, language interpretation services are available in over 200 languages. These services can be accessed through the airport’s information desk or by contacting the airport in advance.
Travelers with disabilities can also receive special assistance, including accessible parking, restrooms, and boarding areas. The airport also provides visual and auditory aids for passengers with hearing or vision impairments.
Overall, St Louis Lambert International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel as comfortable and convenient as possible for all passengers. Whether you require wheelchair assistance, language interpretation, or special assistance for disabilities, the airport’s staff are dedicated to ensuring a seamless travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
St. Louis Lambert International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here are some of the popular options:
1. The Boulevard: This shopping area offers a variety of stores, including Brooks Brothers, Brighton Collectibles, and L’Occitane en Provence.
2. CNBC News: This store offers a range of news and travel-related items, including books, magazines, and snacks.
3. Discover St. Louis: This store offers a range of St. Louis-themed souvenirs, including t-shirts, hats, and keychains.
4. Hudson: This store offers a range of travel essentials, including snacks, drinks, and electronics.
1. Schlafly Beer: This restaurant offers a range of locally brewed beers and pub-style food, including burgers and sandwiches.
2. Starbucks: This coffee shop offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
3. The Pasta House Co.: This restaurant offers a range of Italian dishes, including pasta, pizza, and salads.
4. Smashburger: This restaurant offers a range of burgers, chicken sandwiches, and salads.
5. The Great American Bagel: This restaurant offers a range of bagels, sandwiches, and coffee.
Overall, St. Louis Lambert International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, you’re sure to find something to suit your taste.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
St. Louis Lambert International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation.
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located in Terminal 1, near the A Gates, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. The chapel features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a prayer rug.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Also located in Terminal 1, near the A Gates, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a dedicated space for Muslim travelers to perform their daily prayers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Quran, and a compass.
3. Reflection Room – Located in Terminal 2, near the D Gates, the Reflection Room is open 24/7 and offers a quiet space for meditation and reflection. The room features comfortable seating, soft lighting, and a peaceful ambiance.
4. Christian Prayer Room – Located in Terminal 2, near the D Gates, the Christian Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Christian travelers to pray and reflect. The room features a cross, religious literature, and comfortable seating.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are free to use and open to all passengers and visitors. They offer a peaceful and welcoming environment for people of all faiths to practice their religion or find a moment of quiet reflection amidst the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
St. Louis Lambert International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to work while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a number of workstations located throughout the terminal, which are equipped with power outlets and comfortable seating. These workstations are perfect for catching up on emails, making phone calls, or working on a project.
In addition, the airport also has a number of lounges that offer more private and comfortable workspace options. These lounges are available to passengers who have access through their airline or credit card membership. They offer amenities such as comfortable seating, work desks, power outlets, and complimentary snacks and beverages.
Overall, St. Louis Lambert International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
St. Louis Lambert International Airport offers travelers the opportunity to enjoy a comfortable and luxurious experience in one of its lounges.
- The Club at STL: Located in Concourse B, between Gates B14 and B17
- The Club at STL – United Club: Located in Concourse C, near Gate C24
- The Club at STL – International: Located in Concourse E, near Gate E38
Accomodation Options Nearby St Louis Lambert International Airport
1. Airport Lounges:
St. Louis Lambert International Airport offers multiple airport lounges where travelers can relax, recharge, and enjoy various amenities. These lounges are an excellent option for those seeking a peaceful environment before or after their flights. They typically provide comfortable seating, complimentary Wi-Fi, power outlets, and sometimes even light snacks and beverages.
2. Airport Hotels:
If you need a convenient place to stay within the airport premises or a short distance away, there are several hotels catering to different budgets. These hotels offer comfortable accommodations, ranging from budget-friendly options to upscale choices. Some of them provide complimentary airport shuttles, on-site dining, fitness centers, and other amenities to ensure a pleasant stay.
3. Nearby Hotels:
For travelers seeking a wider range of accommodations, numerous hotels are situated within a few miles of St. Louis Lambert International Airport. These options cater to various budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly motel or a luxurious five-star hotel, you can find a suitable option that meets your needs. These hotels offer diverse amenities such as restaurants, fitness centers, swimming pools, and more.
4. Airbnb or Vacation Rentals:
Another accommodation option near St. Louis Lambert International Airport is to rent an Airbnb or vacation home. This choice is ideal for travelers who prefer a homely atmosphere or require a larger space for their stay. Numerous private residences and apartments are available for rent in the vicinity, offering a range of prices and amenities to cater to different requirements.
5. Extended-Stay Hotels:
If you’re planning a longer stay or require more space, extended-stay hotels near the airport provide comfortable accommodations with additional amenities. These hotels are equipped with kitchenettes or fully equipped kitchens, allowing guests to prepare their meals, making them ideal for business travelers or families who prefer self-catering options.
6. Luxury Resorts:
For those seeking a luxurious retreat, several upscale resorts are located within a reasonable distance of the airport. These resorts offer world-class amenities, including lavish accommodations, spa facilities, golf courses, multiple dining options, and more. These high-end options provide a relaxing and indulgent experience for guests looking to unwind and enjoy their stay.
Remember to check availability, book in advance, and consider any additional amenities or services that suit your preferences and needs when selecting accommodation near St. Louis Lambert International Airport.
1. The Gateway Arch: Standing tall and proud, the iconic Gateway Arch is a must-see attraction when visiting St. Louis. This magnificent stainless steel monument signifies the city as the gateway to the West, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding area from its observation deck.
2. Forest Park: Just a short drive from the airport, Forest Park is a sprawling urban oasis covering 1,300 acres. Home to the renowned St. Louis Zoo, the Missouri History Museum, and the outdoor Muny Theater, this park offers a wide range of activities for all ages.
3. City Museum: A whimsical wonderland for both kids and adults, the City Museum is a truly unique attraction. This interactive museum features a collection of repurposed architectural and industrial objects, resulting in a massive playground that encourages exploration and creative thinking.
4. Anheuser-Busch Brewery: Beer enthusiasts can embark on a fascinating tour of the historic Anheuser-Busch Brewery, where they can learn about the brewing process and sample some of America’s favorite brews, including Budweiser.
5. Saint Louis Art Museum: Art lovers will appreciate the extensive collection housed within the Saint Louis Art Museum. With over 34,000 pieces spanning across diverse cultures and mediums, there is something here to captivate every visitor’s interest.
6. The Muny: For a quintessential St. Louis experience, catch a show at the Muny, America’s largest outdoor musical theater. From Broadway hits to local productions, this venue hosts memorable performances throughout the summer, set against the backdrop of Forest Park.
7. St. Louis Science Center: Perfect for families, the St. Louis Science Center offers an array of interactive exhibits and educational experiences. From exploring outer space to unraveling the secrets of the natural world, this hands-on museum is both entertaining and enlightening.
8. Busch Stadium: Baseball fans won’t want to miss the opportunity to visit Busch Stadium, home to the St. Louis Cardinals. Catch a game and immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere of America’s favorite pastime.
9. The Delmar Loop: A vibrant entertainment district, the Delmar Loop is known for its eclectic mix of restaurants, shops, and live music venues. Take a leisurely stroll down this bustling street to soak up the local charm and enjoy the lively ambiance.
10. Missouri Botanical Garden: One of the oldest botanical gardens in the United States, the Missouri Botanical Garden is a horticultural paradise. With its stunning display of plants, sculptures, and themed gardens, this peaceful retreat is the perfect place to relax and reconnect with nature.
History of St Louis Lambert International Airport
St. Louis Lambert International Airport, formerly known as Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, is located in St. Louis, Missouri. The airport was originally built in 1920 as a municipal airport and was named after Albert Bond Lambert, a prominent St. Louis aviator and businessman. In the 1930s, the airport was expanded and became a major hub for Trans World Airlines (TWA).
During World War II, the airport was used as a military base and was later returned to civilian use. In the 1950s and 1960s, the airport underwent major renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines. In 1977, the airport was renamed Lambert-St. Louis International Airport in honor of its founder.
In recent years, the airport has faced challenges due to the decline of TWA and the rise of other airlines. However, the airport has continued to make improvements and upgrades, including the addition of a new runway and terminal. Today, St. Louis Lambert International Airport serves over 15 million passengers annually and is a major hub for Southwest Airlines.
Other Airports in Missouri, United States
- Cape Girardeau Regional Airport
- Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport
- Columbia Regional Airport
- Joplin Regional Airport
- Kansas City International Airport
- Kirksville Regional Airport
- Rosecrans Memorial Airport
- Spirit of St Louis Airport
- Springfield Branson National Airport
- St Louis Lambert International Airport
- Waynesville-St. Robert Regional Forney field
- Whiteman Air Force Base