Stavanger Airport, Sola is an international airport located in Rogaland county, Norway. It is the third-largest airport in Norway and serves as a hub for several airlines, including SAS and Widerøe. The airport offers a range of domestic and international flights, as well as various amenities for travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Stavanger Airport, Sola
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Stavanger Airport, Sola
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Stavanger Airport, Sola
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Stavanger Airport, Sola
- Other Airports in Rogaland, Norway
How to Get to Stavanger Airport, Sola
Stavanger Airport, Sola is located approximately 11 kilometers southwest of Stavanger city center. There are several transportation options available to get to the airport.
One of the most convenient ways to get to Stavanger Airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The journey from the city center to the airport takes around 20 minutes and costs approximately 300-400 NOK.
Another option is to take the airport shuttle bus, which operates between the airport and Stavanger city center. The bus runs every 20-30 minutes and takes around 30 minutes to reach the airport. Tickets can be purchased on board or in advance online.
If you prefer to use public transportation, there are several bus routes that connect Stavanger city center with the airport. The journey takes around 30-40 minutes and tickets can be purchased on board or in advance at ticket machines or kiosks.
Overall, there are several convenient transportation options available to get to Stavanger Airport, Sola. Whether you choose to take a taxi, shuttle bus, or public transportation, you can easily reach the airport from the city center.
Stavanger Airport, Sola is located approximately 11 kilometers southwest of Stavanger city center. There are several transportation options available to travelers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available outside the terminal building, and the journey to Stavanger city center takes approximately 20 minutes. Taxis are metered, and the fare will depend on the time of day and the distance traveled.
2. Bus: The Flybussen airport shuttle service operates between Stavanger Airport, Sola and Stavanger city center. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes, and buses run every 20 minutes during peak hours. Tickets can be purchased online or from the ticket machine at the airport.
3. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at Stavanger Airport, Sola, including Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. Renting a car is a convenient option for travelers who want to explore the surrounding area.
4. Private transfer: Private transfer services are available for travelers who want a more personalized and comfortable transportation option. These services can be booked in advance and are typically more expensive than taxis or buses.
5. Bicycle: For travelers who enjoy cycling, there is a bike rental service available at the airport. This is a great option for those who want to explore the local area at their own pace.
Overall, Stavanger Airport, Sola offers a range of transportation options to suit different needs and budgets. Whether you prefer to take a taxi, bus, or rent a car, getting to and from the airport is easy and convenient.
Stavanger Airport, Sola offers a range of car parking options for travelers. The airport has both short-term and long-term parking facilities available, making it easy for passengers to park their vehicles for any length of time.
The short-term parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building, making it a convenient option for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. This lot is ideal for stays of up to 24 hours and is perfect for those who need to park for a few hours while they run errands or attend meetings.
For longer stays, the airport offers a range of long-term parking options. The P1 and P2 parking lots are located within walking distance of the terminal building and are ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. These lots are secure and well-lit, providing peace of mind for travelers who are leaving their vehicles for an extended period.
In addition to these options, Stavanger Airport, Sola also offers a premium parking service for those who want to enjoy the ultimate convenience. The premium parking lot is located just steps from the terminal building and offers a range of additional services, including valet parking and car washing.
Overall, Stavanger Airport, Sola provides a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need to park for a few hours or several days, there is a parking solution available to make your journey as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Car Rental at Stavanger Airport, Sola
Stavanger Airport, Sola is an international airport located in the municipality of Sola, Norway. It is the third-largest airport in Norway and serves as a hub for several airlines, including Norwegian Air Shuttle and Widerøe. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights.
The domestic terminal at Stavanger Airport, Sola is a modern facility that offers a range of amenities for travelers. Passengers can enjoy a variety of dining options, including cafes, restaurants, and bars. There are also several shops selling everything from souvenirs to duty-free goods. The terminal is equipped with free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and comfortable seating areas.
The international terminal at Stavanger Airport, Sola is equally impressive, with a range of facilities to make the travel experience as comfortable as possible. Passengers can enjoy a variety of dining options, including fast food outlets and cafes. There are also several shops selling a range of products, including duty-free goods. The terminal is equipped with free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and comfortable seating areas. Overall, Stavanger Airport, Sola is a modern and efficient airport that offers a range of facilities for travelers.
2. Norwegian Air Shuttle
5. Air France
6. British Airways
9. Wizz Air
10. Turkish Airlines
13. Air Baltic
15. Swiss International Air Lines
16. Air Europa
17. Atlantic Airways
18. Danish Air Transport
20. LOT Polish Airlines.
Stavanger Airport, Sola is one of the busiest airports in Norway, serving over 4 million passengers annually. As with all airports, security is a top priority to ensure the safety of passengers, staff, and the general public. The airport has implemented a range of security protocols to ensure that all passengers and their belongings are screened thoroughly before boarding their flights.
One of the key security measures at Stavanger Airport, Sola is the use of advanced screening technology. Passengers and their luggage are screened using state-of-the-art X-ray machines and metal detectors to detect any prohibited items. Additionally, the airport has implemented strict rules regarding the size and type of liquids that passengers can bring on board, in line with international regulations.
The airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security threats. These personnel are equipped with the latest technology and are trained to identify and respond to potential security risks. Overall, Stavanger Airport, Sola has implemented a comprehensive security program that ensures the safety and security of all passengers and staff.
Stavanger Airport, Sola is an international airport located in the city of Sola, Norway. It is the third-largest airport in Norway and serves as a hub for several airlines, including Norwegian Air Shuttle and Widerøe. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights, and offers a range of amenities for travelers.
For travelers in need of assistance, Stavanger Airport, Sola provides a variety of services. These include wheelchair assistance, special assistance for passengers with disabilities, and assistance for families traveling with young children. The airport also has a dedicated assistance desk where travelers can get help with any questions or concerns they may have.
In addition to its traveler assistance services, Stavanger Airport, Sola offers a range of other amenities for travelers. These include several restaurants and cafes, duty-free shopping, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. The airport also has a lounge for business travelers and a children’s play area for families traveling with young children. Overall, Stavanger Airport, Sola is a modern and well-equipped airport that provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for all travelers.
Shops and Restaurants
Stavanger Airport, Sola offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy before or after their flights. Here are some of the options available:
– Duty Free: This shop offers a wide range of tax-free products, including cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol, and tobacco.
– Relay: A convenience store that sells snacks, drinks, magazines, and newspapers.
– Narvesen: Another convenience store that offers a selection of food, drinks, and newspapers.
– Travel Value: A shop that sells souvenirs, gifts, and travel accessories.
– O’Learys: A sports bar that serves American-style food, such as burgers, wings, and ribs.
– Upper Crust: A bakery that offers sandwiches, pastries, and coffee.
– Foodmarket: A self-service restaurant that serves hot and cold dishes, including salads, sandwiches, and pizza.
– Starbucks: A popular coffee chain that offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as snacks and sandwiches.
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a full meal, Stavanger Airport, Sola has plenty of options to choose from.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Stavanger Airport, Sola offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers. These areas are located in various parts of the airport terminal.
The main prayer room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the international departures area. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer and reflection.
In addition to the main prayer room, there are also several smaller prayer rooms located throughout the terminal. These rooms are located near the gates and are easily accessible to passengers.
For Muslim passengers, there are dedicated prayer rooms with ablution facilities located in the international departures area and near gate 14. These rooms are equipped with prayer mats and Qurans for the convenience of passengers.
Overall, Stavanger Airport, Sola provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the needs of its diverse passenger base. These areas are easily accessible and provide a peaceful and comfortable space for prayer and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Stavanger Airport, Sola offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to easily access the internet and stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues. The WiFi is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the web, check emails, and stay up-to-date with the latest news and information.
For those who need to get some work done, Stavanger Airport, Sola also offers a number of workspace facilities. These include comfortable seating areas with power outlets, as well as dedicated workstations with desks and chairs. These workspaces are designed to provide a quiet and productive environment, allowing passengers to focus on their work without distractions.
In addition to these facilities, the airport also has a number of cafes and restaurants where passengers can grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee while they work. These establishments offer comfortable seating and free WiFi, making them the perfect place to relax and get some work done.
Overall, Stavanger Airport, Sola provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to check your emails, browse the web, or get some work done, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
Stavanger Airport, Sola, offers travelers the opportunity to relax in one of its three lounges while waiting for their flight. Below is an overview of the three lounges, as well as their locations.
- Cafe & Bistro: located on the second floor of the main terminal building
- Executive Lounge: located on the second floor of the main terminal building
- VIP Lounge: located on the first floor of the main terminal building
Accomodation Options Nearby Stavanger Airport, Sola
Stavanger Airport, Sola, offers a range of accommodation options tailored to suit different budgets and preferences. Whether you seek cost-effective options or desire a luxurious stay, the airport has something to cater to your needs. Here are some accommodation options to consider:
1. Budget-friendly Hotels:
– Thon Hotel Airport: Located just 200 meters from the airport terminal, this hotel provides comfortable rooms at an affordable price. Perfect for travelers seeking convenience and value for money.
– Scandic Stavanger Airport: Situated near the airport, this hotel offers clean and simple rooms with modern amenities. An excellent choice for those looking for a comfortable stay without breaking the bank.
2. Mid-range Hotels:
– Quality Airport Hotel Stavanger: Located a short distance from the airport, this hotel provides cozy rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant. Suitable for travelers seeking a balance between affordability and quality.
– Clarion Hotel Air: With contemporary rooms, a stylish restaurant, and a rooftop terrace, this hotel offers a pleasant stay with easy access to the airport.
3. Upscale Hotels:
– Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Stavanger: This hotel stands nearby the terminal and offers elegant rooms, fitness facilities, and a top-notch restaurant. Perfect for those who appreciate luxury and convenience.
– Atlantic Hotel Stavanger: Situated just a short drive from the airport, this luxurious hotel boasts spacious rooms, fine dining options, and exceptional service. Ideal for travelers seeking a refined and exquisite experience.
Additionally, Stavanger city center, which is easily accessible from the airport, offers a wide range of accommodation options varying in price and style. Whether you prefer staying near the airport for convenience or desire a more vibrant city experience, you can find suitable lodging options to meet your needs.
1. Norwegian Petroleum Museum: Located just a short distance from Stavanger Airport, Sola, this museum offers visitors a comprehensive insight into Norway’s oil and gas industry. Exhibits highlight the country’s exploration, drilling, and production activities in the North Sea, making it an educational and engaging experience.
2. Sola Strand: Situated only 5 minutes away from the airport, Sola Strand is a picturesque sandy beach renowned for its stunning landscape and crystal-clear waters. Visitors can relax, sunbathe, or take a refreshing swim in the North Sea, while also enjoying the nearby dunes and hiking trails.
3. Stavanger Cathedral: One of Norway’s oldest cathedrals, Stavanger Cathedral is a beautiful medieval church located just 11 km from the airport. This grand monument boasts intricate Gothic architecture and houses a collection of religious art and artifacts, making it a must-visit for history and art enthusiasts.
4. Old Stavanger: Known as Gamle Stavanger in Norwegian, this charming neighborhood is situated near the city center, approximately 13 km from the airport. You can wander through narrow cobblestone streets lined with well-preserved wooden houses, painted in vibrant colors, which have been converted into quaint shops, galleries, and cafes.
5. Lysefjord: Just a short drive from Stavanger Airport, Sola, you can explore the majestic Lysefjord. This 42-kilometer long fjord is famed for its steep mountains and the awe-inspiring natural wonder of Preikestolen, also known as Pulpit Rock. Hiking to the top of this iconic cliff rewards visitors with breathtaking panoramic views.
6. Flor & Fjære: A mere 10 minutes away from the airport via ferry and bus, Flor & Fjære is a horticultural gem located on an island in the south-west coast of Norway. This stunning garden showcases an array of exotic plants and flowers, combined with delightful dining experiences, making it a serene and idyllic escape.
7. Vitenfabrikken Science Center: Situated just over 10 km away from the airport, this interactive science center in Sandnes offers an engaging experience for curious minds of all ages. With various exhibits on topics like energy, nature, and technology, visitors can participate in hands-on experiments and exciting demonstrations.
8. Swords in Rock: Located around 14 km from the airport, this iconic monument overlooks the water and commemorates the historic Battle of Hafrsfjord, where Harald Fairhair unified Norway in 872 AD. The three massive swords embedded in the rock represent the victorious kings, creating a symbolic tribute to Norwegian history.
9. Norwegian Canning Museum: Approximately 15 km from the airport, the Norwegian Canning Museum in the charming town of Stavanger allows visitors to learn about the region’s fishing industry and the production of canned goods. Exhibits depict the history, techniques, and challenges faced by the industry throughout the years.
10. Sverd i fjell Monument: Located just a short drive from the airport, this striking monument consists of three large bronze sword blades set into the cliffside, commemorating the historic Battle of Hafrsfjord. The monument pays homage to Norway’s Viking heritage and overlooks the stunning natural surroundings, providing a peaceful and reflective atmosphere.
History of Stavanger Airport, Sola
Stavanger Airport, Sola is an international airport located in Sola, Norway. It is the third-largest airport in Norway and serves as a hub for several airlines, including Norwegian Air Shuttle and Widerøe. The airport has a rich history dating back to the early 1930s when it was first established as a military airfield.
During World War II, the airport was used by the German Luftwaffe as a base for their operations in Norway. After the war, the airport was taken over by the Norwegian Air Force and used as a training base for pilots. In the 1950s, the airport was opened to civilian traffic, and commercial flights began operating from the airport.
Over the years, Stavanger Airport, Sola has undergone several expansions and upgrades to accommodate the growing number of passengers. Today, the airport has two terminals and handles over 4 million passengers annually. It is also an important hub for the oil and gas industry, with many offshore workers using the airport as a gateway to the North Sea oil fields.
In recent years, Stavanger Airport, Sola has been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility. The airport has implemented several initiatives to reduce its carbon footprint, including the use of electric vehicles and the installation of solar panels. With its rich history and modern facilities, Stavanger Airport, Sola continues to play a vital role in the transportation and economic development of Norway.
Other Airports in Rogaland, Norway